PDA

View Full Version : Onwards And Upwards: Cleveland

Darkstorm05
11-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Time for positives going into this weekends game.

1) Plaxico should add a nice mix for Batch to throw to.

2) We need to be focused to keep the season alive. I think we have a good rebound game here.

3) Brandon Weeden sucks. Time for our turnover stat to get some love.

4) Rookie QB's can't handle us. This is statistically proven, and our D is really coming alive right now.

5) Our offense shouldn't have to do much to win this. IMO, we hold them to 10 or less.

6) Cleveland still sucks.

7) The Browns still suck.

Hawaii 5-0
11-23-2012, 02:25 PM
I believe this is going to be a much tougher game than you think...

harrison'samonster
11-23-2012, 02:36 PM
this is going to be a slobber-knocker. Weeden is bad, but he can put the ball anywhere on the field. Last week proved he is inconsistent and can't throw a fade away for his life. His receivers are getting more reliable, even making really good plays.

There running back is top-notch. There defense is playing at a high level. There special teams are pretty special.

That being said, I'll take your "number 2" and add that this is the Browns (our oldest rival), and I feel confident going into the game.

PhantomJB93
11-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Weeden has been playing a lot better in recent week and has drastically cut his turnovers down. I'm not expecting much in the way of takeaways for our defense.

That said, I do think we will still shut him down, and should only need a TD or two to win (assuming we have a few FG drives)

Darkstorm05
11-23-2012, 03:15 PM
I believe this is going to be a much tougher game than you think...

I'm sure the online sports bookies will be glad to take your bet on the Browns. I'll remain confident the Steelers win this, though, regardless of difficulty levels.

teegre
11-23-2012, 03:17 PM
This is routinely my favorite thread of the week.

Darkstorm05 rules!!!

WVABE
11-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Another defensive battle, Brownies are better than their record indicate.

I'll stick with my 19-17 score.

Bayz101
11-23-2012, 04:08 PM
This is routinely my favorite thread of the week.

Darkstorm05 rules!!!

This and Tico the Steeler dog! :chuckle:

teegre
11-23-2012, 04:28 PM

It's a coin flip. :chuckle:

Hawaii 5-0
11-23-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm sure the online sports bookies will be glad to take your bet on the Browns. I'll remain confident the Steelers win this, though, regardless of difficulty levels.

first of all, I don't gamble and even if I did I would never bet against my favorite sports team.

the Steelers have won 16 of the last 17 games against the Brownies and this is pretty much a must-win for us so I definitely believe we will end up victorious once again.

I just don't think it's going to be as easy as you make it out to be, that's all.

steeltheone
11-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Time for positives going into this weekends game.

1) Plaxico should add a nice mix for Batch to throw to.

2) We need to be focused to keep the season alive. I think we have a good rebound game here.

3) Brandon Weeden sucks. Time for our turnover stat to get some love.

4) Rookie QB's can't handle us. This is statistically proven, and our D is really coming alive right now.

5) Our offense shouldn't have to do much to win this. IMO, we hold them to 10 or less.

6) Cleveland still sucks.

7) The Browns still suck.

We have a bad habit of making rookie or backup QB'S look like Hall of Famers....just kills me!:banging:

Hawaii 5-0
11-23-2012, 04:43 PM
We have a bad habit of making rookie or backup QB'S look like Hall of Famers....just kills me!:banging:

actually, Dick LeBeau has a great track record against rookie QBs.

stb_steeler
11-23-2012, 04:55 PM
actually, Dick LeBeau has a great track record against rookie QBs.
Steelers had this problem long before Lebeau came along :wink02:

Darkstorm05
11-23-2012, 04:57 PM

If you prefer I'll get my dog to do these for me. Then it'll be twice as awesome. Coloring his white spots gold to make him black and gold was a major chore. The only purely pet safe coloring method I could pull off was to use food coloring, which he loved, so kept licking it all off.

Ricco Suavez
11-23-2012, 05:45 PM
I will be glad to come back on here and eat crow, but I think this one goes down to the wire. The Browns are a much improved defensive unit and we are not the offensive juggernaut that some would like to envision we are. Without Ben we are ordinary on third down, Batch is not mobile and will be a sitting duck for their guys to take some shots at his old body, he will be lucky to evade injury. I think we win but in a much closer and tougher game than I would like.

ZoneBlitzer
11-23-2012, 07:55 PM
This team struggles mightily against so-called inferior teams.
The Browns are going to be very tough to beat. I don't see the offense doing much against a very good Browns D. The Steelers D will have to generate some turnovers to help get a win.

Hawaii 5-0
11-23-2012, 08:35 PM
This team struggles mightily against so-called inferior teams.
The Browns are going to be very tough to beat. I don't see the offense doing much against a very good Browns D. The Steelers D will have to generate some turnovers to help get a win.

I agree, but fortunately few teams are as adept at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory as the Cleveland Browns are.

steelerchad
11-23-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm afraid every game we play without Ben the rest of the year is a coin flip. I have a fear that a bad play by the QB position puts points on the board for Cleveland and the O struggles again without Ben. Cleveland defense is maybe slightly better then the Ravens. Funny to say, but probably true.

The_Joker
11-23-2012, 09:34 PM
17-14 Steelers. Mark it.

Darkstorm05
11-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Yea, Weeden has his moments, but he stinks the place up in a big way when he gets off his game. Weather might be bad, and the D plants him a time or two, and he's done. We shut down Richardson, and call it a day off 14 points in Weeden picks. The guy put up 176 yards and 2 INTs against the Ravens. We own this loser.