PDA

View Full Version : LenDale White in a Fight

83-Steelers-43
08-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Titans rookie White brawls with teammate at practice
Associated Press

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. -- Rookie running back LenDale White got into a brawl Thursday morning with a teammate at the Tennessee Titans training camp.

The rookie out of Southern California, who fell to the 45th pick in the draft overall in April, started clashing with the defense on a running play. He was walking back toward the huddle when bumped.

White walked back, and safety Donnie Nickey pushed back at the rookie with his helmet. A recording by a television cameraman picked up linebacker Keith Bulluck yelling that White had spit in Nickey's face.

A few plays later, White couldn't catch an outlet pass from Matt Mauck when hit by rookie Cortland Finnegan.

Nickey ran upfield and shoved White in the back. White elbowed safety Vincent Fuller amid more pushing and shoving. Nickey threw at least one punch before a group of players were separated, and he walked off, took off his helmet and threw it on the ground.

That prompted an angry response from coach Jeff Fisher. Practice ended a few plays later, and Fisher called the team together on the field for a brief speech before letting them leave.

"It's hot out -- last day out here," Bulluck said. "We're just getting after it."

White, who dropped into the second round after questions about his weight and inability to run before the NFL draft because of a torn right hamstring, has been working behind Chris Brown and Travis Henry in the rotation at running back.

White walked by reporters as he left the practice saying: "No comment, no comment, no comment."

Nickey, a three-year veteran out of Ohio State, also declined to comment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2545968

CantStop85
08-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Well, it is good to see players showing a bit of intensity. LenDale might want to save it for the other teams next time, though.

19ward86
08-10-2006, 07:52 PM
now im kinda glad we didnt pick him up, that is not what we need.

Koopa
08-10-2006, 08:00 PM
i heard he spit on the dude, but i still would've rather had him then holmes, cause we are still a running team and he is better then anything we got right now.......before ppl start to cry i mean he's better then any fat back we have. and he'll end up being better then willie

Black@Gold Forever32
08-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Yea no doubt without even playing a down in the NFL yet. LenDale White is a football God. I'm so tired of hearing about how the Steelers passed on LenDale White. For some people they have to get over it. There is nothing you can do about so stop talking about it.

WWIIOwheelz
08-10-2006, 08:06 PM
That's team chemistry (or lack thereof.) The Steelers have a different sort of environmant... that wouldn't have happened here, I don't think.

Koopa
08-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Yea no doubt without even playing a down in the NFL yet. LenDale White is a football God. I'm so tired of hearing about how the Steelers passed on LenDale White. For some people they have to get over it. There is nothing you can do about so stop talking about it.

i am over it, i'm not the one that brought up the draft.

Jeremy
08-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Leinart is holding out, Reggie Bush thought about skipping this season, and LenDale White is fighting with teammates.

That's USC for ya!

Koopa
08-10-2006, 09:30 PM
i just read where the dude that white was fighting with was from........those damn ohio state players. i guess osu is fighting miami to see who has the most thug players.

83-Steelers-43
08-10-2006, 09:35 PM

Thank you for speaking my mind.

SteelersfaninPhilly
08-10-2006, 10:58 PM
i heard he spit on the dude, but i still would've rather had him then holmes, cause we are still a running team and he is better then anything we got right now.......before ppl start to cry i mean he's better then any fat back we have. and he'll end up being better then willie

I would not go that far Koopa, all it takes is one hit.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-11-2006, 05:48 AM
I'm not glad that we didn't pick him but something tells me this wouldn't have happened at Latrobe.

That being said...disgrace is not progress. I'm extremely (fill in the blank). He's a touchdown machine.

Holmes and LenDale must get a grip on reality...more so Holmes...please!

Volpe1564
08-11-2006, 09:49 AM
i was pretty pissed when they passed on him but i said then that they have to have a good reason. guess they got a crystal ball or some shit...

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-11-2006, 10:09 AM
i heard he spit on the dude,

I think we are jumping to conclusions...I heard he had a mouthful of cheetos and was just trying to congradulate his team mate on making a nice play...:sofunny:

Jeremy
08-11-2006, 10:14 AM
What should worry Titans fans more than this fight are the whispers that White has shown up to camp with a poor work ethic and a poor attitude.

But after being exposed to the USC media machine the last three years, I'm not all that surprised.

memphissteelergirl
08-11-2006, 10:33 AM
I think we are jumping to conclusions...I heard he had a mouthful of cheetos and was just trying to congradulate his team mate on making a nice play...:sofunny:

EWWWW!!:yuck:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-11-2006, 10:42 AM
He spit on someone...I guess we are looking at the Sean Taylor of offense.

I am glad we didn't pick him up.Holmes is working with the team and getting better.White is spitting on and fighting with teammates.

klick81
08-11-2006, 11:37 AM
That's USC for ya!

I know huh, especially with that Polamalu character. What a douche bag!:buttkick:

LOL...jk. But yes, they ARE making their school look like shit.

SteelerFanInCA
08-11-2006, 02:16 PM
I guess that clown will never learn. That was crazy how the guy was hitting White with his helmet. I guess if someone spit of me I would be pretty outraged as well. Nice job Lendale.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Thank you for speaking my mind.

I hope you didn't think my post was attended for you? It wasn't.

83-Steelers-43
08-12-2006, 12:14 PM
I hope you didn't think my post was attended for you? It wasn't.

Not at all brother, I was agreeing with you. You basically stated what I was going to say but you beat me to it and I thanked you for speaking my mind....lol.

SteelShooter
08-13-2006, 02:56 PM

Nice Avatar Bro.........................I still love the TX stuff!