PDA

View Full Version : Official Browns post game, Steelers suck, vent in this thread

tony hipchest
11-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Some people may wanna discuss some positives and dozens of members will come out of the woodwork to start a brand new thread saying-

ZOMGSEASONZOVUR!!!!!!

please keep all the post game rants and complaints, in this thread.

Todd Haley
11-25-2012, 04:06 PM
7 turnovers. Enough said.

dez09231
11-25-2012, 04:09 PM
As as Ben comes back the week after next, I think we're still the 6th seed. AFC is really down this year.

Pentheon
11-25-2012, 04:09 PM
/end division chances

BlaZeQuietly
11-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Im going to go play final fantasy now, i have a fantasy about the steelers making the playoffs

Pentheon
11-25-2012, 04:12 PM
lol im not sure why I believed in batch but man, he just cant get it done. He just doesn't have the arm anymore, he cant get the ball to a receiver down field without checking down to a HB

Pentheon
11-25-2012, 04:13 PM
8 turnovers....way to hold onto the ball

ZoneBlitzer
This team lacks discipline and focus. Tomlin may be a great motivator but he lets it slide when it comes to the details of the game especially offensively even with Ben in there they weren't playing sound complimentary football. Now with Ben out, it is magnified 100 fold just how bad they are offensively.

This was the year that the offense was supposed to step it up and help out the D. Instead the D has corrected its early season issues and the O has struggled to put teams away and put up points.

Losses to inferior AFC clubs will be their undoing. It will take a minor miracle for them to make the playoffs.

3rdandlong
we wasted another great defensive performance. We only realt gave up 3 points on defense

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 04:14 PM
7 turnovers. Enough said.

8 turnovers.

Terminator
11-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Losing Roethlisberger = losing games. Period.

Batch was so fucking terrible it was painful to watch. I can't believe how many people thought he would come right in and pick apart the Browns. LOL. Just LOL.

And here is a big fuck you to the entire offense in general. Every single back fumbled at least once for a turnover. Wallace fumbled the ball in his hands right to a defender. Sanders ends the game with a fumble and turnover. What a joke.

Just like last year, I would prefer we just sit the rest of the season out and play for the draft. I don't want this team going into the playoffs. We will get embarrassed.

8 FUCKING TURNOVERS

JVip
11-25-2012, 04:16 PM
we won against Cinci, so we are a half game up on them.
The playoffs are not out of the picture, but the division is.
I knew this wouldn't be an easy game, basically all hope lies in BB being able to run the table (hopefully he heals quicker than Troy).
Fortunately the AFC wildcard is up for grabs, and we are still in the race.

Raw Steel
11-25-2012, 04:16 PM
1. The Rooneys are good people. Charlie Batch should not be on an NFL roster. They have kept him on the roster because he is good in the community and well-liked. Now lets see if it is worth the revenue they will lose from being out of the playoffs.

2. The Steelers are a playoff team - but only because of Ben and the defense. Wallace, Mendenhall and Foote are liabilities. The season isn't over. But it sure got a lot tougher.

3. Tomlin is a players coach and that has hurt this team. They are undisciplined and unmotivated. Penalties and turnovers are a symptom of an undisciplined team.

ZoneBlitzer
11-25-2012, 04:17 PM
3. Tomlin is a players coach and that has hurt this team. They are undisciplined and unmotivated. Penalties and turnovers are a symptom of an undisciplined team.

Bingo.

Millers the sh!t
11-25-2012, 04:18 PM
I guess I'm lucky they didn't air this game in my area. 7 turnovers then one at the end on the desperation play.. I'm sad now. This many turnovers equals bad coaching.

P.S. I saw the replay, but does anyone know if Dwyer Died on his lost fumble?

Kanata-Steeler
11-25-2012, 04:19 PM
...This was the year that the offense was supposed to step it up and help out the D. Instead the D has corrected its early season issues and the O has struggled to put teams away and put up points.

Yep, that SUMS it up pretty well, so far.
And I keep seeing it, season after season.
Our "O" has yet to really try and match our "D", especially the last few seasons. :(

steve314
11-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Some people may wanna discuss some positives and dozens of members will come out of the woodwork to start a brand new thread saying-

ZOMGSEASONZOVUR!!!!!!

please keep all the post game rants and complaints, in this thread.

How bad do the Steelers have to play for you to lose your optimism about them?

The_Joker
11-25-2012, 04:20 PM
This team is sloppy and undisciplined. I hope Tomlin lays it HARD on the team on the flight home.

JVip
11-25-2012, 04:21 PM
We should have never cut Dixon and the Rookie from this year.
We need a capable back up. BB is not getting younger and his play style lends itself to injuries.

Pentheon
11-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Yep, that SUMS it up pretty well, so far.
And I keep seeing it. Our "O" has yet to match our "D", especially, the last few seasons.

sad to say but I doubt our O ever matches our D...I mean we have possibly 1 of the top receiving core in the league, with 1 of the best QBs and still don't get the job done the way we potentially can.

makes me sick

GoFor7

No, but Rainey nearly did after his fumble...

ohio black&gold
Tomlin on post game conference when asked if he was looking for someone who could hold onto the ball.. "absolutely"...looks like he needs to keep looking

defence
1. The Rooneys are good people. Charlie Batch should not be on an NFL roster. They have kept him on the roster because he is good in the community and well-liked. Now lets see if it is worth the revenue they will lose from being out of the playoffs.

2. The Steelers are a playoff team - but only because of Ben and the defense. Wallace, Mendenhall and Foote are liabilities. The season isn't over. But it sure got a lot tougher.

You're bang on on Charlie Batch. But Leftwich sucks too. I blame the organization for keeping both of those two on the roster. I really am questioning loyalty to being good enough to play. I will say it; those two would not make any roster in the nfl or cfl. Running backs were pure shit today but that goes hand in hand with the fact that they new batch couldn't throw the ball. Defence; wow!! What a turn around. Those refs; pure shit but not the reason we lost. Lets hope Ben is back real soon; or this season is over.

stb_steeler
11-25-2012, 04:25 PM
I guess I'm lucky they didn't air this game in my area. 7 turnovers then one at the end on the desperation play.. I'm sad now. This many turnovers equals bad coaching.

Agree bad coaching.....Why have Charlie throw deep when it was clearly a managable 1st an ten......Man that pisses me off.

Atlanta Dan
11-25-2012, 04:25 PM
This team lacks discipline and focus. Tomlin may be a great motivator but he lets it slide when it comes to the details of the game especially offensively even with Ben in there they weren't playing sound complimentary football. Now with Ben out, it is magnified 100 fold just how bad they are offensively.

This was the year that the offense was supposed to step it up and help out the D. Instead the D has corrected its early season issues and the O has struggled to put teams away and put up points.

Losses to inferior AFC clubs will be their undoing. It will take a minor miracle for them to make the playoffs.

Tie with Cincy and win the Cincy game in Pittsburgh probably gets a wild card

JVip
11-25-2012, 04:27 PM
So who deserves the lynching?
I just bought a new pitch fork and need to break it in.

Atlanta Dan
11-25-2012, 04:27 PM
This team is sloppy and undisciplined. I hope Tomlin lays it HARD on the team on the flight home.

They used to take the bus from Cleveland - maybe Tomlin should restore that tradition

rgj
11-25-2012, 04:28 PM
This season is done. I don't look for Ben or Polamalu to return this season. The offensive line is injured (for the 3rd or 4th year in a row.....so much for THAT draft strategy), the defense sometimes plays, the running backs cannot hold on to the ball, the receivers are inept (except for Miller).

I will be real surprised if the Steelers win another game. Leftwich sucks. Batch sucks. Rightwich sucks. Time to draft a quarterback. Ben won't last another 2 years.

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 04:29 PM
2 most important games on the schedule are Cincy and SD. If we win those 2 and 1 of the other 3 (Browns, Ravens, Cowboys) I think we get in at 9-7.

harrison'samonster
11-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Agree bad coaching.....Why have Charlie throw deep when it was clearly a managable 1st an ten......Man that pisses me off.

even after all the ways we blew this game. That one play stands out to me as the worst part. I don't know why he was throwing that ball after it was clear on an earlier attempt that he had no chance of making it.

It's not like Wallace is known for going after a ball and fighting for it.

Goldsteel86
11-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Really, good night I sure hope that the Steelers play with a heartbeat next week, I feel like I am about to throw up.really, Mendenhall needs to go bottomline, this is a very tough one to swallow, Batch as starting QB = high draft pick. :sinking:

BritishSteel
11-25-2012, 04:31 PM
That we turned the ball over 8 times, converted on 3rd down once in 9 attempts and still kept the game within a score (against The Browns, admittedly) says that this D is playoff caliber .

That's it. I got nothing else. 8 turnovers is unforgiveable and the penalties we collect is simply undisciplined, sloppy play. With Adams down and Colon out, if I were Ben, I'd be feeling my ribs all week. I hope Hoyers sleeping with the playbook this week.

FrancoLambert
11-25-2012, 04:31 PM
2 issues come to the forefront.

We have no viable backup QB. We have neglected this position for years.
You'll never convince me that Dennis Dixon orJerrod Johnson would'nt be upgrades over Batch and Glasswich and could have won this game.

Our RB situation is getting clearer. I've always supported Mendy and thought he was our best all around back....no more.
By the way, who is our #1 back??

Beachum plays at RT.....Colon's knee.....Adams' whatever......the Rats are going to love watching this game film.

AgentGold007
11-25-2012, 04:32 PM
They came out playing scared on offense and that pretty much set the tone for the entire game. The defense did what they had to do. The special teams were solid. The offense was embarrassing. End of story.

TheVet
11-25-2012, 04:34 PM
I gotta admit that I never believed Mendenhall could become a team leader. But now he's got the whole team following him, so I was wrong.

Terminator
11-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Despite our injuries, we have PLENTY of starters shit the bed today against one of the worst franchises in the history of the NFL. You really want to see this team in the playoffs??? So we can get embarrassed by the Ravens, Texans, or Patriots? Come on.....

Darkstorm05
11-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Our RB situation is getting clearer. I've always supported Mendy and thought he was our best all around back....no more.

That' going to be a problem, IMO. We all know Mendy won't be here next year. Rainey just proved he can't be a #1 back. So when we play a decent defense, they stack the box and we have nothing else. The plays trying to send Dwyer and Redman out to the edge were an absolute joke. They're just too slow for that.

Also, if I'm the QB I would not throw to Wallace if the throw needs to count. Or if he has a defender anywhere within 5 yards of him. It's a miss at best, or an INT.

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 04:37 PM
To start this game with a pick 6 and then give the momentum right back with a fumble turned this game. I honestly think had we taken knees and punted the entire game we probably win it 7-6. The Browns would have needed a TD and a FG or 3 FG drives against our D to win, which I doubt they could have done if not assisted by our offense.

zcoop
11-25-2012, 04:39 PM

You'll never convince me that Dennis Dixon orJerrod Johnson would'nt be upgrades over Batch and Glasswich and could have won this game.

I pointed out this in another thread but some don't want to admit the obvious. Also, when in doubt, just blame Arians! :chuckle:

Jpeezyiseternal
11-25-2012, 04:42 PM
yeah its pretty difficult to win a game with what, 7 fumbles and 3 interceptions by the steelers?

on a positive note, this san francisco - new orleans game is about to be boss

Darkstorm05
11-25-2012, 04:43 PM
I pointed out this in another thread but some don't want to admit the obvious. Also, when in doubt, just blame Arians! :chuckle:

Ok, for like the 100th time, both of these guys are signed elsewhere. Any other guys who aren't available we want to whine for? If I'm going to cry for a QB that's already playing for some other team, I'm asking for a Manning, or Brees, maybe. If we make enough posts about how he's an upgrade over Batch maybe Brady will sign with us for the 500k we have left in the checkbook to play against the Ravens.

ZoneBlitzer
11-25-2012, 04:44 PM

Beachum plays at RT.....Colon's knee.....Adams' whatever......the Rats are going to love watching this game film.

I saw Jerrod play briefly and what I saw was definitely some potential. It looked like he had good size, body control and a decent arm. Why did they ditch him? I'm a strong believer in having a mix of youth in the QB position. They need to start investing in that position to continue to be a contender. Look what the Packers did with Favre and Rodgers. That's the model. Search for understudy to Ben because with the way he plays, it ain't going to be that much longer.

tony hipchest
11-25-2012, 04:47 PM
How bad do the Steelers have to play for you to lose your optimism about them?thats my team.

steelers born, and steelers bred, and when i die, im steelers dead.

this loss was as bad as vs browns in 09 or tommy maddox loss to texans in 2002(?).

the 3 worst performances since 2000 IMO. this one may have been the ABSOLUTE worst of the 3.

that dont mean i have to act like a lil' bitch about it. we're 6-5, and missing almost all of our starters at one point or another in all 5 of those losses. i will sack up and accept the loss like a man, just like the players and coaches will. i'll analyze the game, see what went wrong and what can be built upon cause we have ravens beaks to kick in next week at 4:20 EST. :tt02:

y'all can do what you want. whatever makes you feel better, just keep similar topics confined to a single thread because a board full of 100 seperate chicken little threads is no good for anyone.

:drink:

Steel_Bus_24
Will someone please tell me what in the hell Tomlin does during the week.....because it sure isn't coaching football

Im sick of the sloppy unprofessional BULL SH****ing we do when we play inferior teams.

The "My Players are Hurt" card is used up with me. 8 FFFFFing Turnovers is on the coaching staff for letting the team say "F-It...I ate too much Turkey anyway" today

Man we got straight up jobbed by the Refs(Winter's crew is borderline Criminally bad and should never be allowed ref a division,playoff, or marquee matchup again).........and I can't even be upset at that as much as I am with the suck the steelers put out there today

Steel Peon
ZOMGSEASONZOVUR!!!!!!
I knew we weren't winning the Super Bowl about 6 weeks ago, but I thought at least we have a shot at getting into the playoffs. Then we got hit with a gazillion injuries and I thought, well maybe we can just weather this out. Then today 8 turnovers happened......we're screwed.

zcoop
11-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Ok, for like the 100th time, both of these guys are signed elsewhere. Any other guys who aren't available we want to whine for? If I'm going to cry for a QB that's already playing for some other team, I'm asking for a Manning, or Brees, maybe. If we make enough posts about how he's an upgrade over Batch maybe Brady will sign with us for the 500k we have left in the checkbook to play against the Ravens.

And for the 101st time, don't try to think for me playa. Stating the obvious doesn't equate to whinning. If I go back and read some of yous post, you make points about things we failed to do, but I can't? Miss me with that stuff man.

I come on here to have intelligent discussion with other fans about the team. If you want to discuss, fine, if not then thats cool too.

Pirate
11-25-2012, 04:51 PM
It's like someone cursed us w/all those Turn Overs.

ChristianKustomz
11-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Statistics came back...
Pittsburgh had an average of 2 carries before a dropped pass or fumble or turnover. A commentator stated he has never known a team to have an average like that and they are looking into seeing if it's a record. Statustitions are incredible people.

JeromeBetties63
11-25-2012, 04:52 PM
All the turnovers are one thing....coulda won anyway without the penalties and with some better play calling. The play calling was just plain stupid.

JeromeBetties63
11-25-2012, 04:53 PM
I feel for the D...they are playing lights out. Those who have bashed them should just shut up.

Raw Steel
11-25-2012, 04:55 PM
All the turnovers are one thing....coulda won anyway without the penalties and with some better play calling. The play calling was just plain stupid.

Yes, they need to call those plays where they don't fumble or throw a pick.

zcoop

Yep, this was a total Offensive TEAM screw-up. Can't turn the ball over that many times in the NFL and expect to win. And Haley's play calling didn't help either.

Darkstorm05
And for the 101st time, don't try to think for me playa. Stating the obvious doesn't equate to whinning. If I go back and read some of yous post, you make points about things we failed to do, but I can't? Miss me with that stuff man.

I come on here to have intelligent discussion with other fans about the team. If you want to discuss, fine, if not then thats cool too.

No, but there's nothing to be done about that. We can't pick up every QB out there and leave them on the bench. Those two are with other teams, and have been for quite some time. They were never an option, so it isn't really relevant. Continuing to beat the dead horse on guys who walked before the season isn't really breaking news. Even if Tomlin reads this and concurs, he can't go get either of them.

The drops, the fumbles, the idiotic bombs to a guy giving half assed effort...these things we can try to fix going forward.

JeromeBetties63
thats my team.

steelers born, and steelers bred, and when i die, im steelers dead.

this loss was as bad as vs browns in 09 or tommy maddox loss to texans in 2002(?).

the 3 worst performances since 2000 IMO. this one may have been the ABSOLUTE worst of the 3.

that dont mean i have to act like a lil' bitch about it. we're 6-5, and missing almost all of our starters at one point or another in all 5 of those losses. i will sack up and accept the loss like a man, just like the players and coaches will. i'll analyze the game, see what went wrong and what can be built upon cause we have ravens beaks to kick in next week at 4:20 EST. :tt02:

y'all can do what you want. whatever makes you feel better, just keep similar topics confined to a single thread because a board full of 100 seperate chicken little threads is no good for anyone.

:drink:

That's a great post....:tt04:

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
11-25-2012, 04:57 PM
9-7 is in our sights, just have to hope the Bengals, Colts and Chargers finish up worse...

If we take care of the Bungals and Chargers in the upcoming games we should be fine

JeromeBetties63
11-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Yes, they need to call those plays where they don't fumble or throw a pick.

True, but after it's clear to my wife that Batch can't throw down field, surely the coaches can figure that out.

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 04:58 PM
I have no doubt this team is good enough to win a playoff game. If Ben comes back, we'll drop 1 or 2 more. We might even get into the playoffs at 9-7 this year.

Miami would need to go 4-1 to finish 9-7 with SF and NE twice on the schedule still. Not likely.
The other 2 teams are Cincy or SD, both of which are on our schedule. Beating those 2 teams and winning 1 of the other 3 gets us in likely.

MillerMania83
11-25-2012, 05:00 PM
That game was UNBEARABLE to watch today....Just so so so SO SO MANY things to point out to how it all went wrong today....Main things IMO, turnovers and we need a backup QB SOOOOOO FREAKIN' BAD it's UNBELIEVABLE....The team effort on the offense was PATHETIC except for Heath Miller and Sanders (those 2 are the only ones who showed me they played with any heart today)...Mendy is DONE, he's TERRIBLE, I've always thought that and as time goes on he just shows me I was right to think that....SHAME ON the entire Steelers orginization to think they would be able to ge away with Leftwich and Batch as this teams backups, they both are DONE and they have shown EVERYONE that...It's time to SERIOUSLY start lookin for Ben's backup, who can atually give us a chanceto win a few games....And that search should start next Sunday by playing Brian Hoyer....This team is DONE for this year, injuries the main reason why, but you are folling yourself if you think at IF they do make the playoffs (I dont think they will) they won't get embarrassed the first game like they did last year...The offseason will be interesting for sure, like it was mentioned, Who is our #1 RB, we don't have one...Who is our legit backup QB, we don't have one, etc....Front office and coaching staff need to do some serious soul searching to see who are the best players on this team, skill, age/injury, production, etc...that should be here in 2013 to restore the Pittsburgh Steelers to the team we all know and want them to be.

The_Joker
11-25-2012, 05:04 PM
I have no doubt this team is good enough to win a playoff game. If Ben comes back, we'll drop 1 or 2 more. We might even get into the playoffs at 9-7 this year.

Miami would need to go 4-1 to finish 9-7 with SF and NE twice on the schedule still. Not likely.
The other 2 teams are Cincy or SD, both of which are on our schedule. Beating those 2 teams and winning 1 of the other 3 gets us in likely.

Exactly, we can do this. We hold the 6th seed in our hands.

But, we do need to shape up and get back to SB form. This team probs won't win the big one even healthy, so we need to cut dead weight (Mendy/Wallace), and get our boys healthy.

:tt02:

Steel_Bus_24
11-25-2012, 05:07 PM

Injuries are killing us though.....Now we have our usual OL Injury Collapse with Gilbert,Adams and Colon going down with Pouncey soon to follow

Ben could literally die if he gets hit too hard in his injured area

We have freaking 5 AFC losses probably another coming next week

At this rate it would be a miracle if we finish 8-8 and Ben doesn't finish the season in a body bag

zcoop
11-25-2012, 05:08 PM
No, but there's nothing to be done about that. We can't pick up every QB out there and leave them on the bench. Those two are with other teams, and have been for quite some time. They were never an option, so it isn't really relevant. Continuing to beat the dead horse on guys who walked before the season isn't really breaking news. Even if Tomlin reads this and concurs, he can't go get either of them.

The drops, the fumbles, the idiotic bombs to a guy giving half assed effort...these things we can try to fix going forward.

Thanks for your opinion.

ChristianKustomz
11-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Our offense has failed this team since the start of the season. The defense has made me eat my words proudly. They have done a great job this year and have gotten better despite the injuries and the loss of most of our main players. However as for our offense I put most of the blame on Todd Haley and those ridiculous calls! Why run it down the middle over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?!!! What retard does that? If it doesn't work...and obviously hasn't worked all season long...then find another play to do. Stop wasting plays! It's costing us too much and it's not making the most out of the plays we could get.

Haley said very cockily in preseason "I am going to fix this offense and make it better". Really? What was wrong with it that needed fixing? 6 SB wins seems pretty good to me. So far looks like his way and his plays are the direct opposite of what he was going for. We should fire him and never look back. Baltimore is better without Billik and we will be better without Haley.

MillerMania83
11-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Let's just be honest here....Losing to teams like Oakland, Tenn ( both with Big Ben) and now a previous 2 win team before today, Cleveland Browns...If they don't make the playoffs, they EARNED the right to be at home when the playoffs start...With all the injuries and uncertainty that goes with that, time to let guys like Ben just rest up for the rest of the year and be ready to go come 2013...It would be shame to see him rush back to try and be the savior only to get hurt again, maybe seriously, when in reality this team ain't goin' anywhere this year.

The_Joker
11-25-2012, 05:18 PM
If we don't make the playoffs AND are healthy in it, we need to look to rebuilding.

ZoneBlitzer
11-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Let's just be honest here....Losing to teams like Oakland, Tenn ( both with Big Ben) and now a previous 2 win team before today, Cleveland Browns...If they don't make the playoffs, they EARNED the right to be at home when the playoffs start...With all the injuries and uncertainty that goes with that, time to let guys like Ben just rest up for the rest of the year and be ready to go come 2013...It would be shame to see him rush back to try and be the savior only to get hurt again, maybe seriously, when in reality this team ain't goin' anywhere this year.

Bang on.

ChristianKustomz
11-25-2012, 05:22 PM
I say...

1.) Wallace
2.) Mendenhall
3.) Wallace
4.) Taylor
5.) Wallace
6.) Todd Haley
7.) Batch
8.) Leftwich
9.) Taylor
10.) Wallace
11.) Possibly Tomlin

And lastly Wallace.

fansince'76
11-25-2012, 05:24 PM

The Giants were 7-7 and a game back of the Cowboys in the NFC East with two games left in the season last year and were pretty much left for dead. Just saying. There's too much parity in this league to just take a flyer on the rest of the season now. If Roethlisberger can play, he's going to play.

harrison'samonster
11-25-2012, 05:25 PM
slow down. Wallace and Mendenhall maybe won't be back because of money and lack of production. Batch or Leftwich maybe won't be back because of age.

Other than that, people are doing their jobs.

The_Joker
11-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Wallace and Mendy.

Taylor is a top CB, that's insane.

Haley is doing ok, don't gut him... yet.

Batch will go after the season.

Leftwich, eh he may go to, we'll see. He was hurt, so...

Tomlin, hell fucking no.

Wallace, yes.

RichardCullinanForever
11-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Get rid of Mendenhall and Wallace. I don't want to see either of them in a Steelers jersey ever again. Cut Byron and Batch. They both suck.

desertsteel
11-25-2012, 05:28 PM
I say...

1.) Wallace
2.) Mendenhall
3.) Wallace
4.) Taylor
5.) Wallace
6.) Todd Haley
7.) Batch
8.) Leftwich
9.) Taylor
10.) Wallace
11.) Possibly Tomlin

And lastly Wallace.

ChristianKustomz

cubanstogie
11-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Get rid of Mendenhall and Wallace. I don't want to see either of them in a Steelers jersey ever again. Cut Byron and Batch. They both suck.

hard to believe the HC, and OC thought Batch was a viable option.

harrison'samonster
11-25-2012, 05:31 PM
hard to believe the HC, and OC thought Batch was a viable option.

the game plan might have worked if the talent around Batch could make plays and hold onto the ball. I know that's a big "if" at this point.

TRH
11-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Wallace = enough said. Not worth nearly the money he'll try and command. He's not even our #1 receiver. Hell, he's not even our #2. And if you count Heath, he's not really even our 3.

Mendenhall = got to go. Big mouth. Not alot of production. A fumble machine. Gets stuffed at the line as much as any back in the league.
He's clearly...NOT one of the league's better backs.

Haley and Tomlin = both great coaches, no they clearly stay and will be here for a long time. Haley's had some hiccups in his playcalling the last 2 weeks, but the execution from the players is just NOT happening on the field.

Batch = Terrible backup QB. I've been saying this for weeks. Should have been gone 2 years ago. DEFINITELY gone at the end of this year, no question about it.

Tayler = I'm not "firing" him, but man, you HAVE to catch those "gimme" interceptions. Have to. He had 2 today - he intercepts those (like he should have) and you almost surely have a different outcome today. Those drops really hurt.

tony hipchest
11-25-2012, 05:32 PM
you gotta go back to 2002 for the last time we were really eliminated from the playoffs well before the season ended.

even in 06 when we started 2-6 i dont think we were mathematically eliminated until 1-2 games remaining. all remaining seasons we either made the playoffs or were still in contention until the final week.

i dont expect that to change this year.

VA_steeelrs
11-25-2012, 05:33 PM
3. Tomlin is a players coach and that has hurt this team. They are undisciplined and unmotivated. Penalties and turnovers are a symptom of an undisciplined team.[/QUOTE]

could't agree more.

AgentGold007
11-25-2012, 05:34 PM
We better pray that we get Big Ben, Antonio Brown, Gilbert, and everyone else back this week. And we also better pray that 9-7 can get us into the playoffs this year, because it's looking like that's gonna be our record.

sexyllama
11-25-2012, 05:34 PM
The Giants were 7-7 and a game back of the Cowboys in the NFC East with two games left in the season last year and were pretty much left for dead. Just saying. There's too much parity in this league to just take a flyer on the rest of the season now. If Roethlisberger can play, he's going to play.

Agree but they shouldn't rush him and get Ben hurt. We rushed Mendenhall and Troy P. and look what happened.

The offense is fine with Ben but our coaching is just an epic fail vs. .500 teams. Tomlin is just missing something when he prepares against mediocre teams.

The offense scored some serious points after game one then once we lost Ben they have been horrible. The defense started slow and picked it up in the middle. Hopefully, we'll get them both going at the same time. :tt04: :tt02: :tt:

ChristianKustomz
11-25-2012, 05:35 PM
The reason I said Taylor is because most of the time when he doesnt get the support he needs he sucks. His teammates make him look better then he really is. And Tomlin...well I'm just tired of his apologies and his "we accept responsibility" whatever the heck that means. Just another blow off if you ask me. Nothing has really changed and I personally am sick and tired of the excuses. Tomlin either needs to kick their butts into gear or hang it up. Just my opinion.

Terminator
11-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Maybe it's time for that multi-year slump we all knew was on it's way. Regroup and rebuild.

Atlanta Dan
11-25-2012, 05:43 PM
you gotta go back to 2002 for the last time we were really eliminated from the playoffs well before the season ended.

even in 06 when we started 2-6 i dont think we were mathematically eliminated until 1-2 games remaining. all remaining seasons we either made the playoffs or were still in contention until the final week.

i dont expect that to change this year.

Season is not officially screwed for me unless they lose to San Diego - at that point it will become a 2009 style collapse

9-7 may get a wildcard in the AFC

The_Joker
11-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Maybe it's time for that multi-year slump we all knew was on it's way. Regroup and rebuild.

We've been a top 10 team for a decade, I don't mind slumping for a year or two.

tony hipchest
11-25-2012, 05:47 PM
hard to believe the HC, and OC thought Batch was a viable option.not hard for me to believe. its hard for me to believe we have lost our first and second string qb when we are giving up fewers sacks in years.

i gurantee you the steelers saw batch's record and capabilities in practice. up until today, these are the games he has proven he is capable of winning. him and wallace spanked tampa bay when ben was suspended and he spanked st louis as recently as last year on christmas eve.

today showed batch doesnt got it anymore.

unlike our youthful rinning backs atleast he can hold onto the ball, though. looks like he's our guy til ben gets back. im gonna support him. any calls for him to be fired is just hot air.

MillerMania83
11-25-2012, 05:50 PM

Better bet, TAKE THE FLYER....The Giants had no where near the injuries this team has on both sides of the ball...And the injuries continues to mount up after todays game also....A mostly healthy Steeler team with it's key members I say ABSOLUTELY they can make that kind a run....But this team IS NOT gonna be healthy enough this year and this team has some lets say "effort" issues by some players that will keep this team far far away at making any kind of run at the big game this year....Just all those losses to AFC bad teams alone should tell ya that...And even if Ben does come back, ya look at the remaining games, how this team has played this year, AIN'T NO WAY they run the table, NOT EVEN CLOSE....I pray they make me eat those words, I TRULY DO, but I'm willing to bet they won't

BowCatShot
11-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Wow. Holy cow what a running back. We need more like him.

cubanstogie
11-25-2012, 05:52 PM
not hard for me to believe. its hard for me to believe we have lost our first and second string qb when we are giving up fewers sacks in years.

i gurantee you the steelers saw batch's record and capabilities in practice. up until today, these are the games he has proven he is capable of winning. him and wallace spanked tampa bay when ben was suspended and he spanked st louis as recently as last year on christmas eve.

today showed batch doesnt got it. unlike our youthful rinning backs atleast he can hold onto the ball, though.

thats the irony, Ben has gotten sacked less and gets rid of the ball under Haleys offense yet the injury occurs.

Kanata-Steeler
11-25-2012, 05:52 PM
I can only agree with, Wallace has got to go soon.

Wallace got to meet and play with a Burress, as a reminder to Wallace that he(Wallace) is also heading in the same direction a (younger) Burress once did with the Steelers. Here's your "Calling-card" Wallace, now ACT on it.
Unfortunately, Wallace either didn't get the "Hint / WARNING", or Wallace still didn't get the obvious "Hint / Warning" here. ?!

On that note, I'd say Wallace isn't even TRYING to play, listen, or even think like a Steeler Rx'er, anymore.
So, either try n' play, or your out like the younger Burress, who at that time, was sent packin', buddy !

tony hipchest
11-25-2012, 05:55 PM
thats the irony, Ben has gotten sacked less and gets rid of the ball under Haleys offense yet the injury occurs.irony indeed... probably the worst football related injury of his career. :doh:

im actually suprised we dont have members here calling for the coaches to let ben get sacked more.

ChristianKustomz
11-25-2012, 06:00 PM
I sort of agree with your thought with one stipulation and that's the fact when it comes to Haley it is his fault for one reason and one reason only. He's the one making the play calls. Tomlin in the postgame interviews always states the obvious with NO comments on what he plans on doing to fix it.

"well we missed a lot of plays..." really?
"we dropped a lot of passes we should have caught..." we were watching the same game too. We have eyes ya know.
"we can't win a game when we are turning the ball over..." duh. We know how this game is.
"there were a lot of penalties that cost us a lot of field position and gave up too many yards..." he's killing me.

All he does is just recite what we all watched. Give me a real interview and tell my what you plan on doing to fix this week after week after week disappointment from our offense.

Darkstorm05
11-25-2012, 06:02 PM
thats the irony, Ben has gotten sacked less and gets rid of the ball under Haleys offense yet the injury occurs.

I would say it could actually be a sign of the state of the game. The league doesn't want hits high, or low. Harrison is a perfect example of how the fines really are working and changing play. So you want guys getting drilled in the ribs and shoulders all day, prepare for more injuries of this nature.

ChristianKustomz
11-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Oh sorry. I see my post got moved to this one. That probably made no sense.

I agree with Tony. Just too many injuries.

Darkstorm05
11-25-2012, 06:04 PM
I sort of agree with your thought with one stipulation and that's the fact when it comes to Haley it is his fault for one reason and one reason only. He's the one making the play calls. Tomlin in the postgame interviews always states the obvious with NO comments on what he plans on doing to fix it.

"well we missed a lot of plays..." really?
"we dropped a lot of passes we should have caught..." we were watching the same game too. We have eyes ya know.
"we can't win a game when we are turning the ball over..." duh. We know how this game is.
"there were a lot of penalties that cost us a lot of field position and gave up too many yards..." he's killing me.

All he does is just recite what we all watched. Give me a real interview and tell my what you plan on doing to fix this week after week after week disappointment from our offense.

It's called being professional. It seems like what everyone here wants is for Tomlin to come out and blast and his players, and start throwing people under the bus. The day he does that is the day he losers the respect of the team. Take a look at the Jets to see how calling each other out to the press works out for you.

WVABE
11-25-2012, 06:04 PM
I thought it was a good defensive battle.
The turn-overs were bad enough but the refs made some half ass calls as well.
Most of the holding calls were normal everyday blocking, I believe some just wanted some TV time.
What was that Harrison called Mendy after the SB loss, "A Fumbling Machine",
and he apologized for telling the truth.
Bring on the ratbirds were ready for them,lol.

Kanata-Steeler
11-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Sry, but I'll give "Haley" a short breather here, and ONLY because, it's Haley's 1st season with the Steelers'. fine.
Tomlin however, has got to start coming down HARD on the players. a bit o "Cowher" attitude wouldn't hurt Tomlin, at this point.
'nuff said, I mean, it sure works successfully for "Tom Coughlin", now doesn't it ?

our "D", as usual, and of course, has been STELLAR-STEELERS
:)

ChristianKustomz
11-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Let me rephrase what I said. I don't want to see Tomlin blast his players but some discipline is required at this point. My point is just that I would like to hear from Tomlin what he plans to do to fix the huge season long problems our team has been having instead of quotes of the game and just useless apologies without any progress.

zcoop
11-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Let me rephrase what I said. I don't want to see Tomlin blast his players but some discipline is required at this point. My point is just that I would like to hear from Tomlin what he plans to do to fix the huge season long problems our team has been having instead of quotes of the game and just useless apologies without any progress.

What would you have him say or do? I'm sure he gives them hell behind the closed doors.

Kanata-Steeler
11-25-2012, 06:19 PM

After today ?, Tomlin should be "blasting" our "O" (except for Miller), with the U.S.S Missouri guns
...that's my point.
;)

AgentGold007
11-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Never thought I'd use the word "timid" to describe the Steelers offense.

teegre
11-25-2012, 06:21 PM
1. Amidst the doom & gloom, I see a silver lining: The Steelers were still in this game, despite giving up 7 turnovers. That is amazing!!!

2. I posted this elsewhere, but I am reposting it here... because, ti bears repeating.

Call me a delusion optimist, but I have been harping on one thing for the past few weeks:
make the play-offs; get back four playmakers; win the SuperBowl.

The Bolts are a joke. Yes, they are beating the Ravens, but they always beat the Ravens. Rivers is a turnover machine. And, the Steelers play them. Likewise, the Steelers play the Bengals. Win both of those games, and ONE more, and the Steelers make the play-offs.

Actually, I am not convinced that the Steelers won't win all of their remaining games. They can beat the Ravens and the Cowboys. But, again, even if the Steelers only beat the Bolts, Bengals, and Browns, the Steelers will still make the play-offs.

THEN, they get back BB (and AB, DD, and Troy).

Getting back BB is enough to win a SuperBowl. He makes such a world of difference. And, with the defense playing out of its mind, BB would only need 17-21 points per game... which is what the offense was averaging, when he was playing (23 points).

Add AB... and possibly DD... and Troy... and, no one will want to play the Steelers. No one.

I have said it, and said it, and said it... and I am sticking to it:

cubanstogie
11-25-2012, 06:22 PM
What would you have him say or do? I'm sure he gives them hell behind the closed doors.

not sure either, it was telling when Mendy fumbled second time he was already walking off the field. The message was already there. Not much more Tomlin could do , he tried every RB they had.

jiminpa
11-25-2012, 06:27 PM
1. Amidst the doom & gloom, I see a silver lining: The Steelers were still in this game, despite giving up 7 turnovers. That is amazing!!!

2. I posted this elsewhere, but I am reposting it here... because, ti bears repeating.

Call me a delusion optimist, but I have been harping on one thing for the past few weeks:

The Bolts are a joke. Yes, they are beating the Ravens, but they always beat the Ravens. Rivers is a turnover machine. And, the Steelers play them. Likewise, the Steelers play the Bengals. Win both of those games, and ONE more, and the Steelers make the play-offs.

Actually, I am not convinced that the Steelers won't win all of their remaining games. They can beat the Ravens and the Cowboys. But, again, even if the Steelers only beat the Bolts, Bengals, and Browns, the Steelers will still make the play-offs.

Getting back BB is enough to win a SuperBowl. He makes such a world of difference. And, with the defense playing out of its mind, BB would only need 17-21 points per game... which is what the offense was averaging, when he was playing (23 points).

Add AB... and possibly DD... and Troy... and, no one will want to play the Steelers. No one.

make the play-offs; get back four playmakers; win the SuperBowl. Yep. I just don't think we can do it if we have to count on Batch or Leftwich. We need a viable backup QB. He doesn't have to be a Manning, Brees, or Roethlisberger, but someone who won't cost the game would be a step up. The guys we have right now are liabilities, granted Charlie got no help, but he was bad. He never had a strong arm in the first place, and he is aging.

Kanata-Steeler
11-25-2012, 06:27 PM
not sure either, it was telling when Mendy fumbled second time he was already walking off the field. The message was already there. Not much more Tomlin could do , he tried every RB they had.

Or, look at the 49'ers coach. I don't think he sends cute little "messages". The message has to be driven home, and really hard, sometimes. And Tomlin might as well start too.
:tt04:

zcoop
11-25-2012, 06:33 PM

Step away from the pipe playa, we played the Brownies today. They are horrible.

cubanstogie
11-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Or, look at the 49'ers coach. I don't think he sends cute little "messages". The message has to be driven home, and really hard, sometimes. And Tomlin might as well start too.

you could be right, I don't claim to know what goes on behind scene. I would say Mendy shouldn't play next week and message will be sent ,but all the RB's fumbled so that theory won't work.

Darkstorm05
11-25-2012, 06:36 PM
you could be right, I don't claim to know what goes on behind scene. I would say Mendy shouldn't play next week and message will be sent ,but all the RB's fumbled so that theory won't work.

I think it's obvious Tomlin is cracking down, though. Did nobody else watch Stevenson when he got that horrible flag? Tomlin was all over him when he hit the sidelines.

cubanstogie
11-25-2012, 06:39 PM
I think it's obvious Tomlin is cracking down, though. Did nobody else watch Stevenson when he got that horrible flag? Tomlin was all over him when he hit the sidelines.

I do hope someone gets in Dwyers face and says its not Steelers football to take a 3 yard loss when a DB gets penetration. Fight your way back to line of scrimmage for christ sakes.If that continues and conditioning not better no more playing time.

cubanstogie
11-25-2012, 06:41 PM
anyone think Baron Batch will get promoted from practice squad next week?

Darkstorm05
11-25-2012, 06:48 PM
anyone think Baron Batch will get promoted from practice squad next week?

That's a hard call. In his earlier appearances his vision was horrible. IMO, the biggest gap we have when using Dwyer and Redman is that they're too slow to run around the outside edges. Dwyer looked to be plodding and winded just trying to get out there today. When Mendy goes, that means we can't run to the outside anymore. Rainey is too fragile, so Batch is our last option there. I'm sure though that the Dwyer fan club will be along this week to talk him up some more.

FanSince72
11-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Good thing Arians isn't here or we might be 7-4! :sofunny::rofl:

cubanstogie
11-25-2012, 06:55 PM
That's a hard call. In his earlier appearances his vision was horrible. IMO, the biggest gap we have when using Dwyer and Redman is that they're too slow to run around the outside edges. Dwyer looked to be plodding and winded just trying to get out there today. When Mendy goes, that means we can't run to the outside anymore. Rainey is too fragile, so Batch is our last option there. I'm sure though that the Dwyer fan club will be along this week to talk him up some more.

I was part of his fan club. I can handle a fumble when trying for extra yards or once in a while. With Dwyer it was when he layed down against a DB. No excuse. I truly believed he was more efficient than mendy. Now I don't really think there is a clear cut number one. I think Redman is the clear cut choice for short yardage, Rainey could be a 3rd down back. It actually looked like Rainey could break one at some point. Mendy has more of a fumble history so I guess its who has more focus in next weeks practice. Your guess is as good as mine who starts.

fer522
11-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Sry, but I'll give "Haley" a short breather here, and ONLY because, it's Haley's 1st season with the Steelers'. fine.
Tomlin however, has got to start coming down HARD on the players. a bit o "Cowher" attitude wouldn't hurt Tomlin, at this point.
'nuff said, I mean, it sure works successfully for "Tom Coughlin", now doesn't it ?

our "D", as usual, and of course, has been STELLAR-STEELERS
:)

Tomlin is a quote making machine he's more like an actor playing a coach:noidea:

NSMaster56
11-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Injuries have killed the season, plain and simple.

Even with the undisciplined play the Steelers were heading for a 10-6 or better season. The loss of Big Ben is just too much to bear for this squad, like the 90's Dolphins losing Marino (not saying Ben is THAT good, just making the comp.)

The offense is fine and the defense is capable, too. Injuries quite simply killed whatever life they had.

MAYBE Ben comes back and gives the team 'new life', but that's a HUGE maybe.

So long as the Steelers don't collapse Pirates style the season will not be a total loss.

Steel_Bus_24
11-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Tomlin is a quote making machine he's more like an actor playing a coach:noidea:

If I have to hear one more time about how he "approaches" something or how he'll have to live with what he "put on tape"..........my head might explode

Ricco Suavez
11-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Three games ago this same team (minus key injuries) was touted as a title contender, now one win two losses later (minus QB and star WR) fans coming out of the woodwork clamoring for next years draft and how bad Tomlin is. I love my Steeler team and even though I know some players are now a liability instead of an asset, as long as they are on my team I will support them. I also know that without a plague of injuries this team could very well be in first place right now in our division. I felt that with a new OC this team might struggle early this year and they have, but at times they have looked pretty good, and the defense looked pretty mediocre early but with the secondary stepping up they have proved they are for real. I am sorry this team cannot win a Superbowl every year for some of you but without these injuries we could be as competitive as anyone in the league, for others that want video scoring than pull for the Patriots during the regular season and be disappointed in the SB like they have been. A balanced team like ours can win, I just do not know if we can overcome injuries such as Castro, Gilbert, now Adams on the line, not to mention Pouncey was out some, Brown, Crotchery, Mendenhall, Troy, and at other times Clark, Harrison, Woodley , Dwyer, and the most important Ben during this two game swoon. We were 6-5 in 2005 and got hot why not again?

Darkstorm05
11-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Three games ago this same team (minus key injuries) was touted as a title contender, now one win two losses later (minus QB and star WR) fans coming out of the woodwork clamoring for next years draft and how bad Tomlin is.

They were waiting for it. We hit a bad spell, and next thing you know the Bitching Bus is pulling into town again. People are shocked that we somehow lost with Ben, Brown, and Cotchery out, and 8 turnovers on the board. We'll still be ok.

SoCalFan
11-25-2012, 07:25 PM
THIS^^^ People need to be fans and ride the storm!

Ricco Suavez
11-25-2012, 07:26 PM
They were waiting for it. We hit a bad spell, and next thing you know the Bitching Bus is pulling into town again. People are shocked that we somehow lost with Ben, Brown, and Cotchery out, and 8 turnovers on the board. We'll still be ok.

I am a homer, but I am not sure we will be all right. I do know that we are capable of turning this around if Ben comes back and we can insert some other missing parts. I also know that injuries are part of the game and unless a team is hit especially hard a good team can offset them. I feel we have been hit hard, not many teams that rely on their QB like we do can win without him. My biggest complaint was and has been the two backups we have held on to. I felt Batch and Leftwich were both too old and too slow to backup Ben and have to play behind the O-line we have had in recent years. I hoped we would draft a young QB in the later rounds to groom into at least a usable Backup.

Darkstorm05
11-25-2012, 07:29 PM
I am a homer, but I am not sure we will be all right. I do know that we are capable of turning this around if Ben comes back and we can insert some other missing parts. I also know that injuries are part of the game and unless a team is hit especially hard a good team can offset them. I feel we have been hit hard, not many teams that rely on their QB like we do can win without him. My biggest complaint was and has been the two backups we have held on to. I felt Batch and Leftwich were both too old and too slow to backup Ben and have to play behind the O-line we have had in recent years. I hoped we would draft a young QB in the later rounds to groom into at least a usable Backup.

I hear you...BUT, we turned around 2-3 and those were losses at full strength. We'll still get it done.

Rowland2110
11-25-2012, 07:52 PM

This. Under Cowher we were the least penalized team in the NFL for YEARS AND YEARS. I dont expect t hat to be kept up but the penalties are way out of control. Lack of discipline is the teams problem and it has reared its ugly head continually with Tomlin as coach.

PhantomJB93
11-25-2012, 07:57 PM
The offense was unbelievable today. I'm not one to fall for knee-jerk reactions but today seriously makes me hope we draft a RB in the first couple rounds.

Start Hoyer next week if Ben still can't go.

teegre
11-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Yep. I just don't think we can do it if we have to count on Batch or Leftwich. We need a viable backup QB. He doesn't have to be a Manning, Brees, or Roethlisberger, but someone who won't cost the game would be a step up. The guys we have right now are liabilities, granted Charlie got no help, but he was bad. He never had a strong arm in the first place, and he is aging.

I hear what you're saying; I really do.

Batch had open receivers... and either threw the ball over their heads (Heath, twice), threw it in the dirt (Wallace, twice), or threw it behind the receiver (three times).

BUT, I think that the defense will keep it close, and the RBs will NOT fumble four times. Plus, now that Haley KNOWS that Batch has a weak arm, Haley will call more short routes & screens (as opposed to deep balls).

I see the Steelers squeaking out 3 more victories (at least).

teegre
11-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Step away from the pipe playa, we played the Brownies today. They are horrible.

1. The Browns are not horrible. They have lost several games by one score (a few 1 point losses).

2. If you give ANY pro team 7 turnovers, they mop the floor with most teams. Yet, the Steelers "only" lost by 6. That is a testament to the defense.

3. RE: pipe.
I am assuming that you disagree with the part about the Chargers beating the Ravens. My bad. But, I can safely assume that you agree with the rest of my post. :wink02:

Steel_Bus_24
11-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Jz1ZvOcmBQs

(Just change the sport to Football, and Steelers)

That about sums up how disgusted and angry I was today.....Wish I could just walk into the locker room, throw a fffing water jug like that and then walk out......The Players wouldn't even have to know my name.....just that they pissed off one of their fans that much

tony hipchest
11-25-2012, 08:53 PM
i will say...

5 losses and each one seems to get progressively worse. not because of the playoff implications, but in the manner in which weve lost each one.

especially that each one was in our grasp and winable.

jiminpa
11-25-2012, 09:04 PM
i will say...

5 losses and each one seems to get progressively worse. not because of the playoff implications, but in the manner in which weve lost each one.

especially that each one was in our grasp and winable.It's that last part that keeps me hoping. If we had gotten blown out in those losses I would think our issues were going to be difficult to address, and I don't think special teams can be fixed mid-season, but I am still hopeful that adjustments can be made to the offense to at least get enough points on the board to win with this defense.

zcoop
11-25-2012, 09:06 PM
1. The Browns are not horrible. They have lost several games by one score (a few 1 point losses).

2. If you give ANY pro team 7 turnovers, they mop the floor with most teams. Yet, the Steelers "only" lost by 6. That is a testament to the defense.

3. RE: pipe.
I am assuming that you disagree with the part about the Chargers beating the Ravens. My bad. But, I can safely assume that you agree with the rest of my post. :wink02:

Lets see, they're 3 - 8. In my book they're a bad team, I don't care if the games lost were close or not. They are a bottom dewlling team and that is why we still had a chance to win even with 7 turnovers.

BTW, we won't win the SB this year. Hate to burst your bubble.

Curtain_of_Steel
11-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Browns are horrible.

Mendenhalis worst and Im all for making a statement and showing his tweeting ass the door. Its only a matter of time anyway. Not one emotion from him on his fumbles . the 2nd one he just popped up and started running to the doghouse again. Charlie and mendenhal should walk home, they dont even deserve the plane ticket.

If Ike could ever figure out how to catch a pass he might get back to the shut down CB everyone thinks he is.

jiminpa
11-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Browns are horrible.

Mendenhalis worst and Im all for making a statement and showing his tweeting ass the door. Its only a matter of time anyway. Not one emotion from him on his fumbles . the 2nd one he just popped up and started running to the doghouse again. Charlie and mendenhal should walk home, they dont even deserve the plane ticket.

If Ike could ever figure out how to catch a pass he might get back to the shut down CB everyone thinks he is.
What makes a CB shutdown is not how many passes he catches but how few passes the guy he's covering catches. Ike is shutdown, he's just not an interception threat, and he can't get back to being one, because he never was one. He has never intercepted a good throw. He has gotten a few gimme tips. I, for one, will not complain. I remember Chad Scott, DeWayne Washington, and "Burnt" Alexander. I appreciate a CB who actually stops his guy from catching passes all game.

Oh, and the clowns definitely are horrible. A good team would have destroyed us with the offense we put on the field today.

teegre
11-25-2012, 09:55 PM
BTW, we won't win the SB this year. Hate to burst your bubble.

Is BB out for the rest of the season? No... he's coming back. Well then, my bubble isn't burst in the least.

Terminator
11-25-2012, 10:03 PM
So, who else is happy we passed on Ray Rice to draft Mendenhall?

teegre
11-25-2012, 10:05 PM
So, who else is happy we passed on Ray Rice to draft Mendenhall?

I've been saying that for years.

jiminpa
11-25-2012, 10:11 PM
So, who else is happy we passed on Ray Rice to draft Mendenhall?Arians would have gotten Rice just as killed as he did Mendenhall, with his runs to an unblocked hole, or worse to a hole with David Johnson screening his view of the crashing safety and then jumping out of the way just in time for Rice to see the hit coming but not do anything about it.

Terribleisright
11-25-2012, 10:14 PM
We were completely out played today. The Browns are on the rise and we're screwed.

Terminator
11-25-2012, 10:17 PM
We were completely out played today. The Browns are on the rise and we're screwed.

As are the Bengals.

Anyone who thinks that next game will be easy for us is kidding themselves. They have been laying waste to teams lately.

SoCalFan
11-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Our run game gets a huge FAIL for today, O line included!!! It was our D and the RUN GAME that was supposed to beat the clowns today! The D played well enough but the run game couldnt get shit done but turn the ball over!

Terminator
11-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Our run game gets a huge FAIL for today, O line included!!! It was our D and the RUN GAME that was supposed to beat the clowns today! The D played well enough but the run game couldnt get shit done but turn the ball over!

the D did a good job except for the HORRIBLE FUCKING EFFORT from our CB's to intercept the ball. We had 3 gimmies and not one was caught for a pick.

Thank god Lawerence Timmons knows how to catch.

Terribleisright
11-25-2012, 10:28 PM

I think you have to give credit to cleveland's D. Their front four dominated our O-line. Not to mention the fact that their entire D was getting to the ball with bad intentions.

SoCalFan
11-25-2012, 10:29 PM
The loss Still falls on the run game! If we control the clock with the run game, game over! I understand teams will stack the box and force our depleted QBs to throw the ball but still no excuse for this piss poor performance!!!

jiminpa
11-25-2012, 10:29 PM
the D did a good job except for the HORRIBLE FUCKING EFFORT from our CB's to intercept the ball. We had 3 gimmies and not one was caught for a pick.

Thank god Lawerence Timmons knows how to catch....and yet they still had as many touchdowns as the offense, and in reality gave up fewer points. For some people the defense just can't do enough, even when they do more than the whole rest of the team combined.

Steelers5895
11-25-2012, 11:18 PM
I am not ready to call it a season. There are 5 games to go and only one is a tough game.

Positives:
1- Lawrence Timmons is playing like a first round pick and is making play after play- FINALLY!!!
2- The pass defense is the best I have seen in Pittsburgh in years and we are not playing a prolific passing team the rest of the way.
3- O- Line is playing great
4- Starting to get pressure on the quarterback
5- Emmanual Sanders and Heath Miller are big parts of our passing game
6- Buress gives us a red zone threat
7- Big Ben should be back this year. There was talk he was going to be the emergency qb this week so he cant be that far off
8- we are in playoff contention and other than the bengals, there is no real threat outside Indy so we are one of 3 teams who will fight for 2 spots

Negatives:
1- Mike Wallace is embarrassing himself
2- The fact we have 3 running backs means we have none. rotating them in and out leads to all fumbling and trying to do too much
3- not getting enough turnovers
4- too many penalties
5- no decent back up qb
6- Troy may be done in Pittsburgh

If we can hold down the fort the next 3 games and get Ben back for the stretch run we have a chance. We need the runners to hold onto the ball and cut down on the penalties. Those issues put Charlie in a position none of us wanted him in which was having to pass. That spells disaster.

I feel we have a real shot at the playoffs if we can be 7-6 heading to Dallas.

rgj
11-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Living in Ohio, it is not pleasant right now at all.......the Steelers are now the butt of all NFL jokes.....they are considered more inept than the Browns and Bengals.

Congratulations, Tomlin. You worked hard for that distinction.

teegre
11-26-2012, 12:20 AM
Living in Ohio, it is not pleasant right now at all.......the Steelers are now the butt of all NFL jokes.....they are considered more inept than the Browns and Bengals.

By whom?

The Ravens have Gatorade showers for regular season wins. Browns & Bengals fans laugh at the Steelers in the regular season.

Meanwhile, the Steelers have six Lombardis, and have been to the play-offs more than the Browsn & Bengals combined.

Let them laugh... they have NOTHING else worth lauding.

uclkyle
11-26-2012, 12:51 AM
/end division chances

NIce video

Blackout
11-26-2012, 01:10 AM
I've learned today that Steelers fans are spoiled and are never satisfied even with a win. The whining is unbearable, same with the blaming.

Maybe we should lose more games and not make the playoffs so we can learn some humility and gratefulness.

Step away from the panic button so often and learn to accept a loss.

TRH
11-26-2012, 01:13 AM
I've learned today that Steelers fans are spoiled and are never satisfied even with a win. The whining is unbearable, same with the blaming.

Maybe we should lose more games and not make the playoffs so we can learn some humility and gratefulness.

Step away from the panic button so often and learn to accept a loss.

the "high-school" caliber performance put forth today deserves every bit of everything you're hearing right now.
This just wasn't a "loss".
That was one of the poorest offensive performance's from an NFL squad in years - not just Pittsburgh, but from any team.

tony hipchest
11-26-2012, 01:20 AM
the "high-school" caliber performance put forth today deserves every bit of everything you're hearing right now.
That was one of the poorest offensive performance's from an NFL squad in years - not just Pittsburgh, but from any team.

as true as that may be (and i dont think it is) Blackout is still right.

the "high school" calibur performance is getting alot of high school calibur response and reaction.

and believe me, w/o the violence, i get as pissed off as anybody after a loss, especially one this bad and this crucial with playoff implications (although they all have been).

steve314
11-26-2012, 02:12 AM
The overall record (throwing out the games vs the Steelers) of the teams the Steelers have beaten is 26-33 (44%). The overall record of the teams the Steelers have lost to is 22-28 (44%).

Note that the percentages are the same. Usually you would expect to do better against the bad teams, but there's no difference in average quality between the teams they've beaten and the teams they've lost to. A sure sign of an inconsistent, mediocre team.

Lady Steel
11-26-2012, 02:15 AM
Sometimes I get angry after a loss, but mostly I'm just very disappointed in our team.

Everyone can bitch and moan as much as they want. That's their right. But the season isn't over yet, and I still believe. :tt:

MasterOfPuppets
11-26-2012, 02:15 AM
completely outplayed ??? give me a freakin break. 8 turn overs and only losing by 6 is hardly completely out played.... give the patriots 8 turnovers and you'll lose by 40 points. our 15 year noodle armed veteran back up played like an undrafted rookie in his first start. . THAT was the reason they lost.

Blackout
11-26-2012, 02:17 AM
See this is exactly what I'm talking about, alot of hyperbole.

Our QB is out, same with our top draft prospect at guard, Adams got injured, Mendy and Redman coming off injuries, Dwyer not playing consistently but I think alot of the problem with our RBs is Tomlin's methodology. Read Tony's new thread. Plus Brown and Cotchery are out, and we are using our 3rd string QB.

What happened today can only meet expectations going into this game. Plus we had a bad game offensively, it happens. If we had everyone healthy an they performed like that, yeah you could make comments almost like you did.

bornaSteelersfan
11-26-2012, 05:41 AM
I've read this entire thread and must say a few things:

1) Our entire defense is awesome! We know Ike can't catch, that's why he plays defense.
2) Batch did not play a good game. He looked "old and slow". A receiver commented this week that he makes tight spirals; not today.
3) Wallace is really not making the effort needed to get the big bucks
4) Rainey only dropped the ball because he got hurt. He did great on the TD! He really doesn't belong in the NFL, though. He looks like a "puny human" on a field full of Hulks.
5) The running game was horrible, but give some credit to the Browns' defense.
6) We lost 2 more O Linemen today. We may get 2 more back in a couple of weeks.
7) Tomlin is still a good coach, but needs to step up his game a bit and breath some fire
8) Heath and Manny really brought their A-game and prove their worth. Sanders is getting the long-term contract at the end of this season.
9) Foote had a fumble recovery before the 2-minute warning that the refs completely blew it on (worst non-call all season)
and finally
10) The Steelers are not eliminated from the playoffs at all!!!!

Steel_Bus_24
11-26-2012, 05:49 AM
See this is exactly what I'm talking about, alot of hyperbole.

Our QB is out, same with our top draft prospect at guard, Adams got injured, Mendy and Redman coming off injuries, Dwyer not playing consistently but I think alot of the problem with our RBs is Tomlin's methodology. Read Tony's new thread. Plus Brown and Cotchery are out, and we are using our 3rd string QB.

What happened today can only meet expectations going into this game. Plus we had a bad game offensively, it happens. If we had everyone healthy an they performed like that, yeah you could make comments almost like you did.

No it goes beyond that.......That Offense looked like they slept for an entire week and someone woke them them up abruptly and threw em out onto the field with no clue

When you turn it over 8 freaking times, theres something more there. This was bad for even a team like an offensively challenged Jets whose QB gets knocked out and fumbles by his Center's Ass

vEI03oOE6is

An give me a break with the spoiled crap.....This wasn't just the1st game they looked clueless out there.....Believe Me I could cope with it a lot better too if we were just dropped to 8-3 instead of 6-5

EbonySteel86
11-26-2012, 07:03 AM
This loss doesn't surprise me. We lost to worst teams WITH Ben and other starters that were out today. This offence still needs time to gel. Just don't see it happening this year.

bornaSteelersfan
11-26-2012, 07:10 AM
This loss doesn't surprise me. We lost to worst teams WITH Ben and other starters that were out today. This offence still needs time to gel. Just don't see it happening this year.

Don't give up hope, Ebony. Batch knocked the cobwebs off today. Browns' grass field was a pathetic mess and quite slippery (only the birds were sure-footed). We got a "shiny new toy" in Plaxico Burress. We have a young back-up QB in Brian Hoyer (I expect him to get some snaps soon). Wallace might just get his head out of his ass and start playing again because it is fun. Troy will be back soon. It is all looking good from here on. Having a slump now is much better than the slump we had right at the end of the season last year.

Fire Arians
11-26-2012, 11:53 AM
when you turn the ball over 8 times you ain't gonna beat anybody

coaches need to work on fundamentals this offseason, the fumbles have been plaguing us all year. maybe even consider a 1st/2nd round pick on a RB. I was hopeful on mendy but he's a guy in his final contract year and still no improvement in protecting the ball since he's been here

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 11:59 AM
when you turn the ball over 8 times you ain't gonna beat anybody

coaches need to work on fundamentals this offseason, the fumbles have been plaguing us all year. maybe even consider a 1st/2nd round pick on a RB. I was hopeful on mendy but he's a guy in his final contract year and still no improvement in protecting the ball since he's been here

Mendy = bust. You draft a RB in first round with hopes of him having a huge impact on the fortunes of the franchise. He has won us 1 game. OT v. Falcons 2010. That was his contribution to this team. At no other point can I sit here and say - that guy helped take a lot of pressure off Ben and helped us close out a lot of games. I feel bad that he had to come here under Arians and that he gets injured as much as he does - but that is life. We need an able-bodied person in there.

Lokki
11-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Timmons needs to have a coaching session with the RBs tomorrow and teach them how to run and hold on to the ball.

Lokki
11-26-2012, 12:29 PM
The game wasn't televised in my area, so I didn't get to see any of it, other than the final play when they cut to that. However, I had the Score Mobile app set to send me alerts for turnovers, points, red zone, etc. I was out shopping and it seemed every time that it notified me, it was for a turnover. It was a damn shame, but the Defense or the Browns' offense kept us in the game until the end.

I had high hopes for Batch considering how he has performed for us in the past. All 4 RBs were a huge let down on the stat sheet. I'm not sure what this team can do to keep afloat until Ben gets back. At this point, I don't want to make the playoffs unless we return to health by then. I don't want a repeat of the Denver game last year. I'd rather the team not make the playoffs, than make the playoffs and be knocked out in an embarrassing fashion. Just my .02 cents, and I'm done dwelling on this and looking toward the Ravens.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
11-26-2012, 03:10 PM
no one believed in the NYG last year neither and look what happened, everybody just hang in there we'll get this going soon

Fire Arians
11-26-2012, 03:14 PM
no one believed in the NYG last year neither and look what happened, everybody just hang in there we'll get this going soon

after hearing that big ben is recovering well from his injury, I'm optimistic as long as we're not mathematcally eliminated.

but man, we need #7 back and healthy (not like last season where he couldn't even walk and throw). as long as ben is in the game and healthy, we always have a shot.

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 03:14 PM

yea, except you have to hope that once we get a couple more people back, some other key cogs won't fall down. Look at Woodley even for discussion's sake - the guy can't seem to stay on the effin field either.

Fire Arians
11-26-2012, 03:15 PM
yea, except you have to hope that once we get a couple more people back, some other key cogs won't fall down. Look at Woodley even for discussion's sake - the guy can't seem to stay on the effin field either.

i hope he sits because worilds was playing like a man possessed, we can use more of that

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't know what to say about who I think should be in there anymore - the recent body of work seems to be shrinking for a lot of players - the health of this team is just awful

cubanstogie
11-26-2012, 03:18 PM

I agree. At the beginning of the season I thought we were done due to our secondary. How wrong I was. They have been playing great. Ike never could catch so I don't even expect many int's from him. Now our slow , old D is what has kept them from being under .500. If Ben can get back and AB's ankle heals all it takes is peaking at the right time. Ben has been the most consistent he has ever been so I expect him to give them a chance to win against anyone. I really think they need to accept the fact that they are a passing team first again this year. Maybe next year get a dominant back with improved line but as of now go with what you got. All pro QB,TE, WR and a couple of WR's with potential.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
11-26-2012, 03:19 PM

the last 2 super bowl champions had trouble with there starters staying on the field...

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 03:28 PM
the last 2 super bowl champions had trouble with there starters staying on the field...

We need Ben, AB, and Colon, plus those who aren't injured to stay healthy - tall order with that last part

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
11-26-2012, 03:40 PM
We need Ben, AB, and Colon, plus those who aren't injured to stay healthy - tall order with that last part

AB should be back this week so should Colon but his injury is noting to worry about cause he was in a uniform sunday just didn't play. Btw is Adams going to be ok cause his injury looked kinda serious

jiminpa
11-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Timmons needs to have a coaching session with the RBs tomorrow and teach them how to run and hold on to the ball.That actually is a good idea, but Clark and Harrison need to be part of it too, and the next guy who fumbles in a game gets the promise of another "coaching" session with the defense.

AndyWitmyer
11-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Just to lift the mood here a little bit, I just want to remind everyone that for as bad as the Browns have traditionally been, I watched in shock as they nearly defeated the universally favored Cowboys last week - the game went into OT, and had the Browns D not let their guard down in the last minute of the final quarter, they might have won. Instead, it went fairly deep into OT before the mighty Cowboys kicked the game winning FG.

Still, at the end of the first half, the Browns were up 10-0 over the Cowboys - as it went into halftime, the statistics came in and as it turns out, those first two quarters were (offensively and defensively) the worst that they'd played in 5 years. Not bad - although they began to rapidly falter in the 2nd half, they made the Cowboys look like total n00bs. And in their own stadium no less!

The point is - the Browns may "suck", and they might be the least experienced/youngest team in the NFL, and even though they lose a lot of games, they've had some pretty good games. Although they can't seem to play for a full 60 minutes, when they're in sync, they actually play a lot better than their record would indicate. There were times where I found myself impressed with their performance against the Cowboys - I wasn't even going to watch the game, but the stunned look on Romo's face during that first half was well worth the price of admission. The announcers later speculated that if the Browns would only figure out how to finish out games, they'd probably be a half-decent team. Besides, young teams with bad records and no hope of getting to the playoffs have nothing to lose...making them the perfect example of the kind of team I irrationally fear!

And while I don't necessarily hate the Browns (I usually just pity them!), couldn't they have learned to win against another team - like, maybe the Cowboys when they had the chance?? Did it have to be against us!?? lol

Terribleisright
11-26-2012, 09:23 PM
The fact of the matter is that the Steelers are on their way down and the Browns are on the rise. At this rate, I give it 2 years before the Browns are beating our asses on a regular basis and taking our playoff spot!

MACH1
11-26-2012, 09:25 PM
I smell a troll

AndyWitmyer
11-26-2012, 09:31 PM
The fact of the matter is that the Steelers are on their way down and the Browns are on the rise. At this rate, I give it 2 years before the Browns are beating our asses on a regular basis and taking our playoff spot!

I dunno if you were being sarcastic or not, but I do agree that the Browns are on the rise - it won't be overnight, and they gotta get some season changing draft picks...but they are at least showing signs of being a bad team on the verge of becoming something other than a joke. I don't know if they're going to be better than the Steelers in a few years time - I certainly hope not! But they will be a team to watch - even now, the Steelers should no longer assume that a Browns game is nothing to worry about. We're probably going to need to take them more seriously in the coming years.

Terribleisright
11-26-2012, 09:31 PM
I smell a troll

No troll.....just speaking my mind. Things aren't looking great at the moment! Plus, isn't this the thread I can vent in????

AndyWitmyer
11-26-2012, 09:35 PM
I smell a troll

I thought about that before posting (based on his post count and his join date) but decided that his didn't really seem all that trollish to me. Not blatantly so, anyway. And whether he's a Browns fan or a Steelers fan, as I said, his statement was something that could very well come true. If the Browns play their cards right, I think they really could be a good team.