PDA

View Full Version : Go Baltimore...

dez09231
11-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Our best shot is now the 6th seed.

Cincy and San Diego are our competition. Buffalo and Tennessee are about to get knocked out of realistic contention.

ugh.... I hope Flacco plays like the Flacco that is a slightly above average QB like he is capable of, and not the Flacco that we all like to see him play as today.

cubanstogie
11-25-2012, 05:57 PM
I still can't root for them. Since we have to play San Diego and Cincy again I would rather have to beat them . Plus they could easily collapse and Steelers win out for a division title.

Terminator
11-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Plus they could easily collapse and Steelers win out for a division title.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: :toofunny:

WVABE
11-25-2012, 06:12 PM
If the Chargers win were still 2 games back with 5 to go.

Stranger things have happened, look at today.

Fire Arians
11-25-2012, 06:15 PM
playoffs? don't talk about playoffs, you kiddin me? playoffs?

madtowndrunkard
11-25-2012, 06:21 PM

Yea no kidding... we just came off 2 losses .... Once to a very over rated Ravens team...and to one of the worst teams in the NFL. We should have crushed the Browns.

We lost to a horrible Raiders team. We barely beat the Eagles, Titans, Bengals,& Chiefs. 4 horrible to bad teams.

The steelers are really bad right now. Underachievement at it's best.

teegre
11-25-2012, 06:25 PM
If the Chargers win were still 2 games back with 5 to go.

Stranger things have happened, look at today.

^^This^^

Steel_Bus_24
11-25-2012, 06:25 PM
http://images61.fotki.com/v138/photos/0/1685060/8970660/2284698084_909d06859c_o-vi.gif

ChristianKustomz
11-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Really? We just got bushed by the Browns and your talking Playoffs? Let's just try to get through Baltimores game next week.

Hawaii 5-0
11-25-2012, 06:28 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PSFTrozCG4Y/TxMmODlDkOI/AAAAAAAAALA/rH4vGYFAcwc/s1600/jimmoraplayoffs.jpg

rgj
11-25-2012, 06:52 PM
I'll NEVER root for the dead (may he rest in hell) Modell Ravens.

uclkyle
11-25-2012, 06:54 PM
I will NEVER root for the Ratbirds. We have San Diego head to head in a few weeks.......we can take care of them there. If the Rats loose today and we beat them next week, it's a whole new conversation. We could still catch them, maybe.

Ricco Suavez
11-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Does anyone actually watch football anymore or do they only look at scores and stat lines. For every one who says Cleveland is awful then all I can say is you have not been paying attention. Youngest team in the league and a defense that is every bit as good as they showed today. I am Steeler black and gold but I watch other games and my eyes told me some time earlier in this season that the Browns are getting better. When healthy we are as good as any one in the the NFL (something else my eyes tell me) but we are down to third string linemen, without our best receiver, all pro safety, and our best player a QB that was having a MVP type season. We are down but not out, we still can make the playoffs and if, IF , we can get some of these players back anything can happen. But understand this, that at least for a while, we are no longer the Steelers of old where we intimidate the rest of the division. Ravens are pretty good, but the teams I am worried about are the Bengals and the Browns both are young and have improved greatly, Cincy on offense and the Browns on defense. We are going to have to hit on our upcoming draft picks if we wish to compete in the years to come.

dez09231
11-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Ben is going to come back. We are competing with teams who are young and ccollapse prone. "we lost to bad teams, we are bad." Who is great in the AFC? We we are 7-3 if Ben doesnt go down. Yeah, he did, and yeah, we are 6-5.. But outside of next week, who are we going to lose to? And, even if we lose, we would still probably be the 6th seed at 9 wins as long as we beat Cincy. it's a down year in the AFC.

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Does anyone actually watch football anymore or do they only look at scores and stat lines. For every one who says Cleveland is awful then all I can say is you have not been paying attention. Youngest team in the league and a defense that is every bit as good as they showed today. I am Steeler black and gold but I watch other games and my eyes told me some time earlier in this season that the Browns are getting better. When healthy we are as good as any one in the the NFL (something else my eyes tell me) but we are down to third string linemen, without our best receiver, all pro safety, and our best player a QB that was having a MVP type season. We are down but not out, we still can make the playoffs and if, IF , we can get some of these players back anything can happen. But understand this, that at least for a while, we are no longer the Steelers of old where we intimidate the rest of the division. Ravens are pretty good, but the teams I am worried about are the Bengals and the Browns both are young and have improved greatly, Cincy on offense and the Browns on defense. We are going to have to hit on our upcoming draft picks if we wish to compete in the years to come.

Exactly. Vegas knew this game was a toss up from the get go. With no Ben we were favored by 1 point. 8 turnovers and you're going to lose.

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Ravens are being gifted another win. Down 10, Chargers gave up a 4th and 29, when Ray Rice picked up 28 1/2 and the refs gave him 30. They then reviewed, and then move it back a half yard and still give it to him when he was clearly short.

Watch the replay. Rice is maybe 5'7. His knee is down before the 35 yard line. His thigh is perpendicular to the ground and he has the ball tucked by his chest. Knee was down before any extension. They spotted the ball at the 33 1/2 yard line. A full 5 feet from where his knee was down. Unless Rice has the longest torso in the history of mankind, they spotted the ball a full yard ahead of where it should have been and he makes the first down by a foot.

zcoop
11-25-2012, 07:29 PM
No way I root for the ratbirds.

Ravens1
11-25-2012, 07:48 PM
AINT THE BEER COLD!!!

steelfury02
11-25-2012, 07:50 PM
FUCK OFF

GoFor7
11-25-2012, 07:51 PM
AINT THE BEER COLD!!!

....Who wants warm beer?

Unkindness
11-25-2012, 07:54 PM
RAVENS WIN!!! Three game lead.

Thanks Cleveland!

PhantomJB93
11-25-2012, 07:55 PM
I literally can't fucking believe how fucking lucky they are.

The_Joker
11-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Well the Chargers are out, all we gotta do is fend off the Bungles or maybe Fins.

SteelCurtain5643
11-25-2012, 07:56 PM
I forever hate the fucking Chargers now, had the game in the bag, 4th and 29 and then let that little prick Rice get 30yds, unfuckingreal. I really despise the Ratbirds, they continue to be the luckiest 9-2 team in the league.

Unkindness
11-25-2012, 07:57 PM

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Ravens made the plays they had to. No turnovers. Division is ours.

Ravens1
11-25-2012, 07:57 PM

"I'd rather be lucky than good. "

Lefty Gomez

PhantomJB93
11-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Checking down to your running back on 4th and forever and hoping the entire defense forgets how to tackle is not "making the plays you have to"

The_Joker
11-25-2012, 07:59 PM

Lefty Gomez

I wish we had luck :shake01:

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Checking down to your running back on 4th and forever and hoping the entire defense forgets how to tackle is not "making the plays you have to"

especially since he was short and the refs mis marked the ball by a yard and a half. Then took 10 minuted to review it and only corrected a half yard of the mis mark. Little Ray's knee was down before the 35. Yet they mark it inside the 34. Knee down, he wasn't extended yet, ball was tucked to his chest. So we are to believe that 5 feet of Ray's 5'7 stature is from his belt line to his titties.

SteelCurtain5643

Lefty Gomez

So you'd rather be lucky and earn cheap wins then actually good huh? Why am I not surprised.

Ravens1
I forever hate the fucking Chargers now, had the game in the bag, 4th and 29 and then let that little prick Rice get 30yds, unfuckingreal. I really despise the Ratbirds, they continue to be the luckiest 9-2 team in the league.

Are you kidding me? Pray your season is over. I can't believe you wish for a post season with a team more banged up than last year. A better team last year that lost to the quarterback who this year is benched as a quarterback.:rofl:

SteelCurtain5643
11-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Are you kidding me? Pray your season is over. I can't believe you wish for a post season with a team more banged up than last year. A better team last year that lost to the quarterback who this year is benched as a quarterback.:rofl:

Not really more banged up than last year asshole. The O-line is alot more healthier, the D is playing as good as ever. Once we get Ben back we will be perfectly fine. Cant wait to see you guys lose the next 5 in a row and finish 9-7

SteelCurtain5643
11-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Which can easily happen, Steelers, Redskins, Broncos, Giants and Bengals. You might win the last two if the Giants dont take their heads out of their asses and the Bengals go back to sucking, but us, RGIII and Peyton are no pushovers at all, especially with as lucky as you've been.

Ricco Suavez
11-25-2012, 08:11 PM
All I can say is do not feed the trolls. I have been to a Ravens board (would not join just to read some posts) and they will kick you out without no reason at all. All you have to be is a Steeler fan and they will kick you out. Do any of you think they would be here if they were losing or we were healthy and kicked their azzes. I read their forum before they came to Pittsburgh and Ben was not ruled out and they were crapping their pants bemoaning how Flacco and the offense could not score and how our defense and running game was going to walk all over them, half a dozen injuries later and Ben out and they are Superbowl bound, sheesh give me a break.

tony hipchest
11-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Ravens made the plays they had to. No turnovers. Division is ours.will your rubber ducky be joining you for your gatorade bath tonight?

The_Joker
11-25-2012, 08:33 PM
All I can say is do not feed the trolls. I have been to a Ravens board (would not join just to read some posts) and they will kick you out without no reason at all. All you have to be is a Steeler fan and they will kick you out. Do any of you think they would be here if they were losing or we were healthy and kicked their azzes. I read their forum before they came to Pittsburgh and Ben was not ruled out and they were crapping their pants bemoaning how Flacco and the offense could not score and how our defense and running game was going to walk all over them, half a dozen injuries later and Ben out and they are Superbowl bound, sheesh give me a break.

Yup. Got banned for being a Steelers fan on Ravens 24x7.

Ravens1
11-25-2012, 08:34 PM

The Steelers are not healthy because their offensive line failed to protect their quarterback ( a skill set) and your quarterback lacked pocket awareness ( a skill set). Ergo, Ben's injuries are because his team failed to protect him and he failed to protect himself = Not smart football on their part = Not good playing on their part = If only Ben were healthy = If wishes were horses beggars would ride = your disdain for Baltimore will come back to you three fold by us gloating when you lose since you always talk shit and act like you are the better team. Even after you embarass yourselves on national television in back to back games. Good luck next week. Start working on your excuses now. Let's see, here are some to start. 1) Man, if only Ben were healthy 2) The refs hate the Steelers and are giving Baltimore this game 3)Leftwich Sucks 4)Batch Sucks 5) The Ravens are so lucky :blah::blah::blah:

The Curtain's Crusader
11-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Can the moron be banned yet? Anyone who posts on a rival's site the moment his team wins (not even against us), is obviously a tool.

sw04ca
11-25-2012, 08:40 PM
You know, I remember thinking 'Why aren't they starting Batch?' last week. I guess Tomlin is smarter than I am. The Batch I remember from five years ago isn't the Batch that exists today.

charlesk
11-25-2012, 08:42 PM
At some point luck is not the issue. Sure dumb luck might play a hand a couple of times (like the dallas game) but winning close games week after week in a variety of ways (defense, offense, special teams) is the sign of a good football team that is well coached. How about a bit of credit where it is due?

The_Joker
11-25-2012, 08:44 PM
At some point luck is not the issue. Sure dumb luck might play a hand a couple of times (like the dallas game) but winning close games week after week in a variety of ways (defense, offense, special teams) is the sign of a good football team that is well coached. How about a bit of credit where it is due?

I will, but not to you. Your icon indicates you'd NEVER give us credit if we beat you next week.

zcoop
11-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Not to worry, the ratbirds will be watching the playoff games too because they will lose (as usual) early. That carriage will turn back into a pumpkin and they the rats that they are.

Suck on that you flying rodent.

Ravens1
11-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Which can easily happen, Steelers, Redskins, Broncos, Giants and Bengals. You might win the last two if the Giants dont take their heads out of their asses and the Bengals go back to sucking, but us, RGIII and Peyton are no pushovers at all, especially with as lucky as you've been.

Oh, you believe you are going to beat us next week in Baltimore? Care to place a straight up win/lose wager with a reliable escrow agent?:thumbsup:

The_Joker
11-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Oh, you believe you are going to beat us next week in Baltimore? Care to place a straight up win/lose wager with a reliable escrow agent?:thumbsup:

We probs won't, but I GUARENTEE alot of you are busting out the beer already. Cocky ************s.

Steelers7to86
11-25-2012, 08:59 PM
We probs won't, but I GUARENTEE alot of you are busting out the beer already. Cocky ************s.

they're probably saving a bucket of it to shower harbaugh after a regular season win :chuckle:

sw04ca
11-25-2012, 09:05 PM
You know, I think it was nice that they didn't dump Gatorade on Harbaugh last week. Act like they've been there before. Also, I guess they're a little further removed from the playoff defeat, which soothes the pain a bit.

ETL
11-25-2012, 09:29 PM
No way I root for the ratbirds.

The OP and anyone with a brain realize that rooting for the Ravens today IS rooting for the steelers.

What would you rather have?

Steelers lose 2 games to the Ravens but win the Super Bowl

Or the Steelers go 2-14 but those two wins are against the Ravens?

(I can't believe just how many idiots are on this board)

The Curtain's Crusader
11-25-2012, 09:36 PM
The OP and anyone with a brain realize that rooting for the Ravens today IS rooting for the steelers.

That's the way i see it. Even with a Ravens loss it was going to be difficult to win the division. Even IF BB comes back next week.

SoCalFan
11-25-2012, 09:42 PM
That's the way i see it. Even with a Ravens loss it was going to be difficult to win the division. Even IF BB comes back next week.

It still would have been sweet to see the rats lose! I have been saying for a few weeks, fock the division! Being able to knock the rats out of the playoffs would be almost as sweet as #7!!!

The Curtain's Crusader
11-25-2012, 09:58 PM
It still would have been sweet to see the rats lose! I have been saying for a few weeks, fock the division! Being able to knock the rats out of the playoffs would be almost as sweet as #7!!!

Obviously it's always nice to see them lose, but if it makes our way to the playoffs a little easier, I'll get over it. Sometimes you can't have both.

cubanstogie
11-25-2012, 10:15 PM

hardly idiotic to want the Ravens to lose and Steelers to win division instead of wild card. Ravens win raps up division for all intensive purposes. Had the Chargers won and Steelers beat them next week it wouldn't have been out of question for Steelers to win division. Ravens have a tough schedule left.

ETL
11-25-2012, 10:23 PM
hardly idiotic to want the Ravens to lose and Steelers to win division instead of wild card. Ravens win raps up division for all intensive purposes. Had the Chargers won and Steelers beat them next week it wouldn't have been out of question for Steelers to win division. Ravens have a tough schedule left.

Dude,

do the math ... look at the injuries

Did you know that the Ravens can wrap up the division with a win next week and a Bengals loss ... with 4 weeks still left to play. They have a big lead.

I would agree with you if we had a healthy Ben but we don't. The only things that matters when it comes with the Ravens is to beat them in the playoffs if we meet them.

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Dude,

do the math ... look at the injuries

Did you know that the Ravens can wrap up the division with a win next week and a Bengals loss ... with 4 weeks still left to play. They have a big lead.

I would agree with you if we had a healthy Ben but we don't. The only things that matters when it comes with the Ravens is to beat them in the playoffs if we meet them.

sure your likely correct. But rooting for a Ravens loss and of course a Steelers win would have put us 1 back with 4 weeks to go. Tiebreakers would get messy if the Bengals beat the Ravens. Kind of mute point now with the Ravens win, but why root for them to beat the Chargers. We play the Chargers in 2 weeks anyway. If we win that game they'd be done anyway with their 7th loss and a tiebreaker head to head loss. If we lose to the Chargers, we're likely done anyway.

TheVet
11-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Ravens are being gifted another win. Down 10, Chargers gave up a 4th and 29, when Ray Rice picked up 28 1/2 and the refs gave him 30. They then reviewed, and then move it back a half yard and still give it to him when he was clearly short.

Watch the replay. Rice is maybe 5'7. His knee is down before the 35 yard line. His thigh is perpendicular to the ground and he has the ball tucked by his chest. Knee was down before any extension. They spotted the ball at the 33 1/2 yard line. A full 5 feet from where his knee was down. Unless Rice has the longest torso in the history of mankind, they spotted the ball a full yard ahead of where it should have been and he makes the first down by a foot.

Honestly, Rice made the first down, and it was a great play.

We're all upset with the Steeler's performance today, but come on, that was a great play. Don't let emotion interfere to the point where it distorts your reality! It's just a game ...

Hawaii 5-0
11-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Honestly, Rice made the first down, and it was a great play.

We're all upset with the Steeler's performance today, but come on, that was a great play. Don't let emotion interfere to the point where it distorts your reality! It's just a game ...

a great effort and an absolutely fabulous play by Ray Rice, I so wish we had taken him instead of Mendenhall in the 2008 draft.

teegre
11-26-2012, 12:43 AM
a great effort and an absolutely fabulous play by Ray Rice, I so wish we had taken him instead of Mendenhall in the 2008 draft.

R1 - Droppy Mendenspin ::: DeSean Jackson

R2 - Limas Sweed ::: Ray Rice

R3 - Bruce Davis ::: Cliff Avril, Jermichael Finley, Mario Manningham, Philip Wheeler

R4: - Tony Hills ::: Carl Nicks

dez09231
11-26-2012, 12:46 AM
Can the moron be banned yet? Anyone who posts on a rival's site the moment his team wins (not even against us), is obviously a tool.

Why ban him? Just let him keep talking all the way until their inevitable collapse.

Who cares? At the end of the day his team wins a championship once every 50 years or so. Let him gloat about how great it is to win the AFC North. We know that's all they are doing, may as well let the kid feel good for awhile.

Besides, realistically that win helped us.

TheVet
11-26-2012, 12:49 AM

R1 - Droppy Mendenspin ::: DeSean Jackson

R2 - Limas Sweed ::: Ray Rice

R3 - Bruce Davis ::: Cliff Avril, Jermichael Finley, Mario Manningham, Philip Wheeler

R4: - Tony Hills ::: Carl Nicks

Oh God, the truth hurts so much when you see it written out like this ...

teegre
11-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Oh God, the truth hurts so much when you see it written out like this ...

Hindsight is 20/20.

But, it still hurts. :wink02:

[No joke: I wanted Rice & Wheeler, in rounds 1 & 2... and, I got neither. That said, I cannot say that I was disappointed (at the time) with Sweed & Davis; I thought that they would pan out, and was fine with not getting Wheeler. Alas, Rice is the only one that still "bugs" me, because I really wanted him.]

PhantomJB93
11-26-2012, 12:54 AM
I really don't understand this. Division is still within reach, the Rats are about to run into a brick wall. Even if they get past us this week, they have to play the red-hot Giants and Broncos, and the Redskins aren't too shabby either right now (I think we matched up better against them than Baltimore does). Could easily lose next 4 games in a row (not that I think they will but at some point their luck will run out).

I'm not worried about losing a grasp on the WC. We still play Cincy once more and they're the only real team that scares me. San Diego is 4-7 and doesn't really strike me as a team about to rally back and claim a spot, and we play them in two weeks too. And does anybody REALLY think the Dolphins or Titans are about to sneak up behind us?

Obviously if Ben doesn't come back, or comes back ineffective, or re-injures himself, this is a moot point. But everything looks positive as far as his injury goes and I think he'll be back this week.

teegre
11-26-2012, 12:54 AM
I really don't understand this. Division is still within reach, the Rats are about to run into a brick wall. Even if they get past us this week, they have to play the red-hot Giants and Broncos, and the Redskins aren't too shabby either right now (I think we matched up better against them than Baltimore does). Could easily lose next 4 games in a row (not that I think they will but at some point their luck will run out).

I'm not worried about losing a grasp on the WC. We still play Cincy once more and they're the only real team that scares me. San Diego is 4-7 and doesn't really strike me as a team about to rally back and claim a spot, and we play them in two weeks too. And does anybody REALLY think the Dolphins or Titans are about to sneak up behind us?

Obviously if Ben doesn't come back, or comes back ineffective, or re-injures himself, this is a moot point. But everything looks positive as far as his injury goes and I think he'll be back this week.

Well said.

dez09231
11-26-2012, 01:04 AM

Baltimore would almost have to lose out for us to win the division. They are 4-0 in divisional play, 8-1 in conference. We lose on tie breakers.... oh, and we're 3 games back with 5 to go.

steelerschik
11-26-2012, 07:07 AM
To the asswipe Ravens fans who have only showed up here since winning against the Steelers in like a DECADE...what the hell are you so proud about? Beating THIS Steelers team is not worth your time on this board pounding your chest like the Ravens did anything special. The BROWNS just beat the Steelers by more than the Ravens. Does that make you feel like world beaters? And ONCE AGAIN the refs help the Ravens win in one of the WORST spotted first downs in the history of the game.

Give me a break. All your "sqwaking" is for nothing. The Ravens will win the division, whoopie, but that's about it. That ain't a SB team, that ain't a great team, it's an average team catching some lucky breaks. BS on "your record is what you are". That is the worst 9-2 team I've seen and the perennial PO collapse is inevitable.

So take your cocky BS to the Ravens board and celebrate their "success" with your unfounded chest beating and arrogance since they haven't won a damn thing.

Terminator
11-26-2012, 07:15 AM
We are tied with the fucking BENGALS and are 4 games down against Baltimore and people still think winning the division is within reach? LOL. Just LOL.

You know what Baltimore is good at that Pittsburgh is not? Closing out games. They know how to win, and they win for a reason. That's why they are 9-2.

We are currently dead last in seeding, with a few teams knocking on the door, and some more tough games coming up.

Baltimore - no explanation necessary. They are flat out a better football team, and we play them in Baltimore. Do the math.

San Diego - definitely not a gimmie. They have a ton of issues, but their record definitely doesn't indicate their ability right now. They have had some close losses to good teams.

Dallas - It's in Dallas and they have a healthy team. They are also fighting HARD for a playoff spot.

Cincinnati - they are currently laying waste to teams. This will not be an easy game. Not at all.

Cleveland - they already beat us once, and they fucking hate us. Expect a team playing their heart out. Again.