PDA

View Full Version : Interesting news on preseason opener.....

Sharkissle29
08-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Probably means nothing, but Nate Washington is getting the start since Hines' hammy is still bothering him a bit. I know Nate Washington will be on the team, and not the practice squad like last year, but where do you see him on our depth chart come start of the season?

And it looks like Anthony Smith has been dropped as a candidate to start, its now down to Carter and Clark. IMO i havnt really seen anything in Carter other than hes got a loud mouth and trash talks a lot, so i think Clark, the film guru, gets the nod.

But what do i know, preseason hasnt even started yet....only time will tell brothers :bouncy:

19ward86
08-10-2006, 06:43 PM
it does mean something, i think washington will split the third spot with holmes and maybe be a starter once hines retires in about 5-6 seasons.and i hope smith is backup for a year to learn the defense. next year will be his breakout season.

Steelersfan4life
08-10-2006, 07:51 PM
does anyone know who the other starting wrs will be on saturday

Sharkissle29
08-11-2006, 01:34 PM
washington and cedrick

Haiku_Dirtt
08-11-2006, 01:49 PM
it does mean something, i think washington will split the third spot with holmes and maybe be a starter once hines retires in about 5-6 seasons.and i hope smith is backup for a year to learn the defense. next year will be his breakout season.

Wow. I've been liking Nate a lot more since the Denver game but 5 years out? I'm thinking more like a 2-3 year shelf life. But hey I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Probably means nothing, but Nate Washington is getting the start since Hines' hammy is still bothering him a bit. I know Nate Washington will be on the team, and not the practice squad like last year, but where do you see him on our depth chart come start of the season?

And it looks like Anthony Smith has been dropped as a candidate to start, its now down to Carter and Clark. IMO i havnt really seen anything in Carter other than hes got a loud mouth and trash talks a lot, so i think Clark, the film guru, gets the nod.

But what do i know, preseason hasnt even started yet....only time will tell brothers :bouncy:

Dont be surprised if Carter doesnt start this game...he already knows the system...I think Clark is the better player, but I would give this game to Carter until Clark gets some plays under his belt