PDA

View Full Version : Steelers will make the playoffs!

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Calling it now. I have no doubt they will get in.

SteelWarrior69
11-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Not with McRib Sammich or Charlie Batchless we won't:banging::banging:

mapandjlp
11-25-2012, 04:09 PM

Then what?

harrison'samonster
11-25-2012, 04:13 PM
if this team can get healthy and into the playoffs they'll be the team nobody wants to play against.

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Then what?

Then. With our D playing well and Ben being back a few weeks healthy, we start to stomp some of these weak AFC pretenders. There is no dominant team in the AFC. I wouldn't be afraid of any team we had to play in the playoffs with a healthy team.
There is still time. This season is far from over.

Ravens are way over rated.
Patriots have no D.
Houston still not quite right and don't have the QB to push it downfield.
Broncos may be the most dangerous team, but they are no world beaters either and their running game just took a hit with McGahee gone.

Any of these teams can be beat by a healthy Steelers team.
No Ben= No playoffs. But with him healthy, anything is possible.

Steel_Bus_24
11-25-2012, 04:15 PM
if this team can get healthy and into the playoffs they'll be the team nobody wants to play against.

yeah except that it looks like we're going the opposite way of that

Less Healthy, and more sloppy

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 04:16 PM

That's right. We may be a week away from starting a 9 game winning streak.

Quackjack
11-25-2012, 04:20 PM
We get Ben, Brown, Polamalu and Woodley 100% for the playoffs, we get the 6th seed and don't play the Broncos, we can make a run.

We need to make some adjustments for the offseason though.

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 04:21 PM
yeah except that it looks like we're going the opposite way of that

Less Healthy, and more sloppy

Today was really bad, no doubt. With Ben we win these last 2 games. QB play was by far the difference in both. Everybody else is expendable on this team. Plug and Play with the replacement. D has hardly missed a beat with a guy most people thought to be irreplaceable. Ben is the only irreplaceable piece.

Look the Texans were looking unstoppable last year until Schaub went down and then they lost 3 of their last 4 and then lost to the Ravens in the playoffs.
Schaub can't hold Ben's jock. You lose your franchise QB, you're done. You get him back, healthy and playing well and qualify for the playoffs, you've got a decent chance to make some noise.

Darkstorm05
11-25-2012, 04:21 PM
10-6, and we win 1st round. Up in the air after that.

DoctorCAD
11-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Wow...I bleed black and gold, but there is no way that we make the playoffs.

This team is so destroyed and uncoached and weak its no longer anything but a joke.

We lost to the worst and 2nd worst teams in ihe NFL.

Our mistakes and penalties and injuries are not a sign of a playoff caliber team.

lipps83
11-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Houston still not quite right and don't have the QB to push it downfield.

You sure about that?

That's a pretty bold statement against the team with the best record in the NFL and 2nd overall in scoring to Patriots.

Quackjack
11-25-2012, 04:31 PM

This team is so destroyed and uncoached and weak its no longer anything but a joke.

Our mistakes and penalties and injuries are not a sign of a playoff caliber team.

We'll make it, but will we make a splash?

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 04:31 PM
You sure about that?

That's a pretty bold statement against the team with the best record in the NFL and 2nd overall in scoring to Patriots.

Schaub's doing fine, but he's no pro bowler and he has yet to play a playoff game. I'm guessing he doesn't get it done in the playoffs. They have a great running game. Let's see if he can carry the load when they run into a good run D, like us.

TRH
11-25-2012, 04:36 PM

this.
We're not making it guys. Not this year. Get the "blinders" off.

Many aren't thinking clearly right now and seem to be in a state of delusion based on past years. The fact is - and i hate to admit this - is that the Ravens are a better team and a case could be made for the Bengals being a better team than ours. And thats just in our division.
We really need some new blood in here. It would have been nice to have Ben in today because thats probably the only way Plaxico was going to make an impact and i was looking forward to seeing that.

MillerMania83
11-25-2012, 04:37 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself....This team is NEVER gonna be fully healthy this year...The Big 3 (I'll call them we are waiting on), Ben, Troy and Antonio....Ben COULD be back soon, but he's ONE HIT away from being seriously hurt, and is being protected by an O-line this has HUGE injury problems themselves, so thats a patch-work O-line you're sending out to protect him....Troy, WHO THE HELL KNOWS, we don't even know if he'll be able to go full out for aother game this year even if or when he does come back...Antonio, high ankle sprains are a bitch, I had them, he'll come back, but will he be the "84" we are used to the rest of the year, odds are probably NOT...Unless FULLY HEALTHY (and IMO we won't be this year) teams like New England, Houston, and even Denver I believe now, will destroy us in the playoffs if we were able to make it somehow...It kills me to say that, it really does, but in my eyes thats just the reality of it this year.

tarasovic2
11-25-2012, 04:39 PM
We get Ben, Brown, Polamalu and Woodley 100% for the playoffs, we get the 6th seed and don't play the Broncos, we can make a run.

We need to make some adjustments for the offseason though.

I approve of this post!:tt04:

cubanstogie
11-25-2012, 04:43 PM
With the D playing well even without Troy, it really comes down to getting Ben and AB healthy. If that happens Steelers are a top 5-10 team and just need to peak in the playoffs. Lets face it though even with Haley here they are still a passing team if they want to go to playoffs. Ben, AB and Heath are the best players on O, can't rely on a non dominant RB or RB by committee to establish run consistently. Thats not to say abandon, but still not a run first team and wont be until they get a Ray Rice type of guy. I still think they make it with a wild card

Quackjack
11-25-2012, 04:46 PM
With the D playing well even without Troy, it really comes down to getting Ben and AB healthy. If that happens Steelers are a top 5-10 team and just need to peak in the playoffs. Lets face it though even with Haley here they are still a passing team if they want to go to playoffs. Ben, AB and Heath are the best players on O, can't rely on a non dominant RB or RB by committee to establish run consistently. Thats not to say abandon, but still not a run first team and wont be until they get a Ray Rice type of guy. I still think they make it with a wild card

Ya know who we need?

Alfred Morris.

cubanstogie
11-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Ya know who we need?

Alfred Morris.

love the guy, first time I saw him play the week before Steelers beat them he ran over the Giants. Then just handed the ball to ref. The guy is a beast.

lipps83
11-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Schaub's doing fine, but he's no pro bowler and he has yet to play a playoff game. I'm guessing he doesn't get it done in the playoffs. They have a great running game. Let's see if he can carry the load when they run into a good run D, like us.

He played well against the Broncos but not as good against the Bears (who they still did beat). They rank 4th and 6th respectively, against the run. We are 3rd.

I think even with Ben back, we would still lose. We might be able to beat them in a home game, not on the road though.

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 05:04 PM
this.
We're not making it guys. Not this year. Get the "blinders" off.

Many aren't thinking clearly right now and seem to be in a state of delusion based on past years. The fact is - and i hate to admit this - is that the Ravens are a better team and a case could be made for the Bengals being a better team than ours. And thats just in our division.
We really need some new blood in here. It would have been nice to have Ben in today because thats probably the only way Plaxico was going to make an impact and i was looking forward to seeing that.

So you say we're going back previous years to be hopeful for the rest of the season. yet you're willing to ignore the head to head win against Cincy and the same record they have right now. You'll just dismiss the Steelers and say the Bengals are better. Based on what exactly?
I'll give the Ravens their due for now. But they've looked pretty suspect recently on both sides of the ball. At least our D has played great since the Bengals game.

tony hipchest
11-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Not with McRib Sammich or Charlie Batchless we won't:banging::banging:denver made the playoffs with tim tebow, so anything is possible.

we need running backs (and wr's) we can trust to do the most fundamental part of the game- HOLD ON TO THE BALL.

zcoop
11-25-2012, 05:16 PM
denver made the playoffs with tim tebow, so anything is possible.

we need running backs (and wr's) we can trust to do the most fundamental part of the game- HOLD ON TO THE BALL.

I think that even TeeBags(Bow) could have won last week and this week's game the way our D played. We also have difficulty putting points on the board with this Dink and Dunk style offense.

teegre
11-25-2012, 05:16 PM

I agree wholeheartedly.

Call me a delusion optimist, but I have been harping on one thing for the past few weeks:
make the play-offs; get back four playmakers; win the SuperBowl.

The Bolts are a joke. Yes, they are beating the Ravens, but they always beat the Ravens. Rivers is a turnover machine. And, the Steelers play them. Likewise, the Steelers play the Bengals. Win both of those games, and ONE more, and the Steelers make the play-offs.

Actually, I am not convinced that the Steelers won't win all of their remaining games. They can beat the Ravens and the Cowboys. But, again, even if the Steelers only beat the Bolts, Bengals, and Browns, the Steelers will still make the play-offs.

THEN, they get back BB (and AB, DD, and Troy).

Getting back BB is enough to win a SuperBowl. He makes such a world of difference. And, with the defense playing out of its mind, BB would only need 17-21 points per game... which is what the offense was averaging, when he was playing (23 points).

Add AB... and possibly DD... and Troy... and, no one will want to play the Steelers. No one.

I have said it, and said it, and said it... and I am sticking to it:

casteeler
11-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Wallace is complete garbage, the Steelers have the worst backup QBs in the NFL and the Running back couldn't run or hold on to the ball. The Defense holds up their end of the bargain but the Offense with the exception of Miller is suspect. Say Ben is injured? Then what? Leftwich and Batch have NO business on a football field, who takes over? Until I see what Hoyer has to offer we cannot be assured that this team can be considered playoff worthy

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Wallace is complete garbage, the Steelers have the worst backup QBs in the NFL and the Running back couldn't run or hold on to the ball. The Defense holds up their end of the bargain but the Offense with the exception of Miller is suspect. Say Ben is injured? Then what? Leftwich and Batch have NO business on a football field, who takes over? Until I see what Hoyer has to offer we cannot be assured that this team can be considered playoff worthy

If Ben gets hurt. Then What? We go home that's what. When he got hurt last year it was over. Even though he played, he wasn't the same. But you're stating the obvious. What backup in this league can lead his team to the SB. None of them.

What if Brady gets hurt? Pats done.
What if Manning gets hurt? Broncos done.

Last year. What if Schaub gets hurt? Texans go from 1 seed to limping in and getting bounced.

What if Flacco gets hurt? Ravens done.
What if Dalton gets hurt? Bengals done.

Every contender on the list is done if their QB gets hurt.

casteeler
11-25-2012, 05:41 PM
If Ben gets hurt. Then What? We go home that's what. When he got hurt last year it was over. Even though he played, he wasn't the same. But you're stating the obvious. What backup in this league can lead his team to the SB. None of them.

Last year. What if Schaub gets hurt? Texans go from 1 seed to limping in and getting bounced.

The 49ers have one. It's not unreasonable to expect a team to have a good backup, these people are supposed to be professional and Leftwich and Batch are not Roster worthy

FrancoLambert
11-25-2012, 05:45 PM

You're right, no backup in this league can lead his team to the SB.
But, your backup should be decent enough to win a winnable game on the road to keep you in the hunt.
If you're into grading, a "C" performance by a capable backup might have been enough to win today's game.
Batch's performance was a solid "F."

steelersfan77
11-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Hell yeah they'll get in. With healthy starters they'll get in.

lipps83
11-25-2012, 07:02 PM

I think on offense our best guys are Miller, Brown and Sanders. I think these 3 play the best ball of the bunch and we can win with these 3.

steelfury02
11-25-2012, 07:02 PM
I agree wholeheartedly.

Call me a delusion optimist, but I have been harping on one thing for the past few weeks:

The Bolts are a joke. Yes, they are beating the Ravens, but they always beat the Ravens. Rivers is a turnover machine. And, the Steelers play them. Likewise, the Steelers play the Bengals. Win both of those games, and ONE more, and the Steelers make the play-offs.

Actually, I am not convinced that the Steelers won't win all of their remaining games. They can beat the Ravens and the Cowboys. But, again, even if the Steelers only beat the Bolts, Bengals, and Browns, the Steelers will still make the play-offs.

Getting back BB is enough to win a SuperBowl. He makes such a world of difference. And, with the defense playing out of its mind, BB would only need 17-21 points per game... which is what the offense was averaging, when he was playing (23 points).

Add AB... and possibly DD... and Troy... and, no one will want to play the Steelers. No one.

I want one thing right now before anything else: a regular season win

OliverPoop
11-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Maybe make the playoffs. And then lose in the Wildcard round to a vastly inferior team.

Steelers>NFL
11-25-2012, 07:42 PM
I agree wholeheartedly.

But Tomlin will still be the head coach! :sofunny:

lardlad
11-25-2012, 07:56 PM
denver made the playoffs with tim tebow, so anything is possible.

I am very concerned with the backs we have. Runthenfall is done, I don't see any trust in him. I thought Redman and Dwyer might be the answer, but I'm not sure anymore. They all crapped the bed today, and were not good last week.

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 08:15 PM
The 49ers have one. It's not unreasonable to expect a team to have a good backup, these people are supposed to be professional and Leftwich and Batch are not Roster worthy

Different situation. The 49ers have one now, because they were drafting a QB to replace their starter. They moved up in the draft last year to take him with the 4th pick of the 2nd round. No way a team with a 30 year old franchise, top 5 QB does that. Besides, we have our money tied up in a starter. The niners won't be able to keep both long term. That's the salary cap game.

I think Leftwich would have been fine if not injured. Batch is way done.
Stupid to have 3 vet QB's anyway.
They should have the starter, vet backup, and young development player as the 3rd always. If they young guy hasn't earned the backup role by year 4 dump him and draft another. They should be drafting a QB in rounds 3-7 once every 4 years IMO unless they hit one they like.

casteeler
11-25-2012, 08:28 PM
Different situation. The 49ers have one now, because they were drafting a QB to replace their starter. They moved up in the draft last year to take him with the 4th pick of the 2nd round. No way a team with a 30 year old franchise, top 5 QB does that. Besides, we have our money tied up in a starter. The niners won't be able to keep both long term. That's the salary cap game.

I think Leftwich would have been fine if not injured. Batch is way done.
Stupid to have 3 vet QB's anyway.
They should have the starter, vet backup, and young development player as the 3rd always. If they young guy hasn't earned the backup role by year 4 dump him and draft another. They should be drafting a QB in rounds 3-7 once every 4 years IMO unless they hit one they like.

The 49ers had a guy in Smith. We're not talking immidiatly replacing Ben, we are talking about drafting a QB that can lead a drive down the field that will result in point should Ben be injured and the team need a win to stay in playoff contention

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 08:46 PM
The 49ers had a guy in Smith. We're not talking immidiatly replacing Ben, we are talking about drafting a QB that can lead a drive down the field that will result in point should Ben be injured and the team need a win to stay in playoff contention

right.
But no team spends the 36th overall pick to sit on the bench for the next 5-7 years.
You using the 49ers situation makes no sense.
Alex Smith is an overall #1 pick and Colin is a #36 from a year ago.
Now in 3 or 4 years, I can see the Steelers taking one in the first or second round. But until then, or until Ben sustains a career altering injury, we'll have to go with leftover scrap heap guys and late round picks.

tanda10506
11-25-2012, 08:48 PM
As long as Ben is back by SD we will make the playoffs, otherwise we will not. I really didn't expect a loss today, 8 turnovers and Batch playing that terrible could not have been predicted, so I was dead set on the playoffs too. I even think we can win it from a Wild Card with a healthy Ben and pretty healthy O line and defense.

Honestly I don't think Troy getting back will help much, he didn't make any plays last year or earlier this year and I doubt he will be right back into form. Honestly I no longer worry about Troy coming back, with as special as he was, I just don't see it there any more, and at least with Allen he won't be out of position like Troy has been lately. I love Troy I just think time and injuries have passed him by. I also don't see DD being effective, or even playing for that matter. I have high expectations for him, but they likely won't play him unless we have MORE O line injuries. Getting AB back will be great and he's likely our #1 WR, but with Wallace, Sanders, Miller, and Plax out there, you should still be able to complete some passes (Batch!!!). If Ben comes back and the injury lingers then it's over, period, we don't have a QB who can even move the ball a bit and manage the game when Ben is out. But if Ben comes through as he always done, then we will win every game left on the schedule and will at be the 5 or 6 seed. After that I'm not worried, if we can beat NYG in their house we can beat anybody in their house, we just have to make it there. It's all about when Ben gets back. We have a kick ass team, even with the injuries the O line still pass blocked and the defense still played well, but we CAN NOT overcome the terrible play that we get at the most important position in the game, the QB. Ben has to be back.

teegre
11-25-2012, 09:07 PM
But Tomlin will still be the head coach! :sofunny:

Which I feel is a great thing.

teegre
11-25-2012, 09:07 PM
I want one thing right now before anything else: a regular season win

True: one step at a time, grasshopper. :wink02:

Terminator
11-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I remember reading an article where James Harrison said he was sick and tired of constantly bailing out the offense. I think I see what he means now.

Can anyone remember the last time the Steelers had a truly dominant offense? I can't.

Jazzo
11-25-2012, 09:15 PM
One game at a time, but obviously we need Ben back if we want a chance at winning the 5 remaining games. It would be nice to have Troy back soon too! I still think we can get one of the Wild Card spots and make some noise if we get on a roll like the G-Men did last season. Let's also not forget the 2005-2006 year when we barely got in the playoffs as the 6th seed and made history.

ZoneBlitzer
11-25-2012, 09:20 PM
I don't see this team making the playoffs. They play sloppy and ugly football on offense. They are mistake prone and injury ravaged. They knew what was at stake today and they crapped the bed.

OliverPoop
11-25-2012, 09:57 PM
I remember reading an article where James Harrison said he was sick and tired of constantly bailing out the offense. I think I see what he means now.

Can anyone remember the last time the Steelers had a truly dominant offense? I can't.

I remember in Tomlin's first year with BA the offense was lighting it up on occasion. Eventually other teams figured out the "new" Steelers and it trailed off however.

rgj
11-25-2012, 10:03 PM

I want whatever you're smokin'.

NyGiantz
11-25-2012, 11:35 PM
Once Ben returns y'all will be fine. 8 turnovers and the Browns barely won against your third string QB.

teegre
11-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Once Ben returns y'all will be fine. 8 turnovers and the Browns barely won against your third string QB.

^^That^^

PhantomJB93
11-25-2012, 11:45 PM
I still think as long as Ben is back by the SD game we sneak in as a wild card. Even if we lose again to Bmore next week (if Ben is back I really don't think we will) it is not the end of the world. 10-6 can still sneak us in, especially considering we still play Cincy and SD who are in the hunt.

Still possible to win the division too, especially if we take down the Rats next week. They still have to play the Broncos and Giants who are on fire.

Today was ugly but still not panic-time yet.

teegre
11-25-2012, 11:46 PM
I still think as long as Ben is back by the SD game we sneak in as a wild card. Even if we lose again to Bmore next week (if Ben is back I really don't think we will) it is not the end of the world. 10-6 can still sneak us in, especially considering we still play Cincy and SD who are in the hunt.

Still possible to win the division too, especially if we take down the Rats next week. They still have to play the Broncos and Giants who are on fire.

Today was ugly but still not panic-time yet.

^^That, too^^

dez09231
11-25-2012, 11:56 PM
You guys should pull up the standings and look the schedule. We are currently the 6th seed, but let's assume Ben doesn't come back and we lose. We'd be 6-6.

Indy 7-4
Cincy 6-5
Miami 5-6
A few teams that won't win out 4-7

The Colts still play Houston twice, though one of those may be meaningless for Houston. They are the most likely to be the 5th seed.

Cincy is hot, but they still play us and Baltimore.

Miami plays SF and New England twice.

I'm not saying the Bengals are going to collapse and lose out, but they are the Bengals until i'm shown otherwise. We beat Cincy, and we can probably make the playoffs at 9-7.

I'm not saying we'd be the best team, but the AFC is really down. It will not be farfetched to go 3-2 from here on out and make it.

teegre
11-25-2012, 11:58 PM
You guys should pull up the standing and look the schedule. We are currently the 6th seed, but let's assume Ben doesn't come back and we lose. We'd be 6-6.

Indy 7-4
Cincy 6-5
Miami 5-6
A few teams that won't win out 4-7

The Colts still play Houston twice, though one of those may be meaningless for Houston. They are the most likely to be the 5th seed.

Cincy is hot, but they still play us and Baltimore.

Miami plays SF and New England twice.

I'm not saying the Bengals are going to collapse and lose out, but they are the Bengals until i'm shown otherwise. We beat Cincy, and we can probably make the playoffs at 9-7.

I'm not saying we'd be the best team, but the AFC is really down. It will not be farfetched to go 3-2 from here on out and make it.

A great post. Very rational... and very true.

lloydwoodson
11-26-2012, 01:59 AM

I like your style, SteelerChad. Need more of this attitude around here. The Steelers won Superbowl XL from a wildcard spot. It ain't over till it's over.

pitt0wns
11-26-2012, 02:17 AM
Good news is we can still get in as a wildcard, as it sits we're in and we control our destiny.

If we can get in and be 100% healthy we have a shot making it to the bowl and what a story that would be.

steeltheone
11-26-2012, 04:15 AM
I like your style, SteelerChad. Need more of this attitude around here. The Steelers won Superbowl XL from a wildcard spot. It ain't over till it's over.This team is not good enough to win on the road in the playoffs.:banging:

pitt0wns
11-26-2012, 04:32 AM
This team is not good enough to win on the road in the playoffs.:banging:

Healthy they are.

Home field advantage is overrated!

steeltheone
11-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Healthy they are.

Home field advantage is overrated!Do you honestly believe this team could go to New England, Denver or Houston and win one game in the playoffs let alone 2 or 3?

They could not beat a Tim Tebow team on the road last year.

Terminator
11-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Do you honestly believe this team could go to New England, Denver or Houston and win one game in the playoffs let alone 2 or 3?

^^This.

IF, and that's IF, we go to the playoffs, it's going to be embarrassing. Really not sure what people are expecting. It definitely isn't reality.

Steel_Bus_24
11-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Do you honestly believe this team could go to New England, Denver or Houston and win one game in the playoffs let alone 2 or 3?

we weren't healthy then

steeltheone
11-26-2012, 07:20 AM
It takes a healthy team to beat tim Tebow ? C'mon ... The patriots beat them by like 30 the next week.

This team can be good healthy or I mean with Ben pulling out games. But it's not good enough healthy or not to win games on the road in January.

Terminator
11-26-2012, 07:21 AM
we weren't healthy then

We were healthy and lost to the Raiders and Titans. All of our playmakers with the exception of Troy played in those games.

There is absolutely 100% no excuse for that. None.

maddog78
11-26-2012, 08:25 AM
This team is a M*A*S*H unit right now. They were heading into this weekend, and lost Colon, Adams, Woodley, and Rainey.

No guarantees that Ben and Troy will be back in the next couple of weeks, either. Brown should be back, but a HAS is easily aggravated and it likely won't be 100% this season. Ditto Ben, Ditto Troy, and given the way things are going, I fully expect more injuries.

Hoping against hope, but I see a blowout loss next week to put us at 6-6, behind surging Cincy who will smoke SD.

Then we need to run the table and hope for help, with a wounded roster.

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 08:32 AM
^^That, too^^

if we beat the Ravens next week, and they crap the bed against the other teams - you can all give me a healthy dosing of "I told you so"

I just don't see it. This team needs to get healthy and really, REALLY want it - they have to make up for mistakes over the next 9 games. We cannot lose at all after this Ravens game. That's all there is to it. It doesn't get any more dire than this ladies and gentlemen.

4 words: Lightning in a bottle. That's what it will take. Remember how high we were all riding heading into the Chiefs game? What an effin nightmare things have become since then. It's not like there is hockey to help us keep our minds off of it either. Time for me to go get some more home brews made up.

DoctorCAD
11-26-2012, 09:07 AM
.... Time for me to go get some more home brews made up.

Yep, I have 16 gallons of homemade wine sitting in my spare bathroom right now. Figure with 5 more games I will need all of it!

Quackjack
11-26-2012, 09:22 AM
if we beat the Ravens next week, and they crap the bed against the other teams - you can all give me a healthy dosing of "I told you so"

I just don't see it. This team needs to get healthy and really, REALLY want it - they have to make up for mistakes over the next 9 games. We cannot lose at all after this Ravens game. That's all there is to it. It doesn't get any more dire than this ladies and gentlemen.

4 words: Lightning in a bottle. That's what it will take. Remember how high we were all riding heading into the Chiefs game? What an effin nightmare things have become since then. It's not like there is hockey to help us keep our minds off of it either. Time for me to go get some more home brews made up.

Three things that will guarentee a SB victory.

1. Get healthy
2. Get 9 wins
3. Play like you give damn!

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 09:28 AM

1. Get healthy
2. Get 9 wins

1. True
2. True
3. two of our play makers def do not (Mendy and Wallace - lame ducks who just bring this team down). I'd rather see Redman, Dwyer and 2-3 yards and a cloud of dust, and Plax drawing PIs all day long than to see either of those two out there.

steeltheone
11-26-2012, 09:30 AM

1. Get healthy
2. Get 9 wins
It pains me to say this, but I just don't think this team is Super Bowl material. Without BR7 probably not any better than a 7 win team.

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 09:33 AM
It pains me to say this, but I just don't think this team is Super Bowl material. Without BR7 probably not any better than a 7 win team.

Anybody want to start taking bets on a Manning v. Manning Super Bowl?

Terminator
11-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Anybody want to start taking bets on a Manning v. Manning Super Bowl?

Giants won't be going anywhere near the SuperBowl this year. I would bet on that.

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Meh - I'd take them over the Falcons, where no one will respect the running game come playoff time.

ebsteelers
11-26-2012, 09:59 AM
should come down to steelers and bengals

payupsucka
11-26-2012, 10:01 AM
The steelers need to just focus on the game of the week. Catching the ravens, should not be the focus. Getting to the show, should be the focus. If we get Ben, Brown, Gilbert, Colon and DeCastro back by the playoffs, we could have an O to match our D.

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 10:25 AM
my opinion, all we need is Ben, AB, and Colon. If we can get those guys going - we have a shot. Having 3 out of 11 starters (being conservative in my judgement) is a huge blow to any team.

'Member we all said those Oakland and Tenn losses were going to bite us? Feel the pain yet? We could be 7-4 or 8-3 instead.