BowCatShot
11-25-2012, 05:56 PM
A blowhard. A pea brained one at that.

tony hipchest
11-25-2012, 06:15 PM
no.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-25-2012, 06:20 PM
And just for the record, Pitt shouldn't have fired Wannstedt either.

SoCalFan
11-25-2012, 06:22 PM
^^^WRONG^^^ and Neil sucks too!l

steelersfan77
11-25-2012, 06:23 PM
I could've sworn Tomlin has taken this team to a pair of Superbowls.

WVABE
11-25-2012, 06:25 PM
2 time AFC champs + SB win

that doesn't = a blowhard or pea brain.

#1 QB is out & the entire offence has givin' up.

Its a psych issue with the players not the coachs.

tony hipchest
11-25-2012, 06:27 PM
I could've sworn Tomlin has taken this team to a pair of Superbowls.

plus cowher won one with tomlins players...

zcoop
11-25-2012, 06:42 PM

:chuckle: you devil you. :chuckle:

OliverPoop
11-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Seriously I have never seen a head coach who looks more lost out there than Mike Tomlin. Yeah he's been to two super bowls but what did he do to get them there? Seems to me he has all the assistants do the work and he takes the credit. I never get the impression that a game plan is truly ever his or that he's in control. People say oh players love to play for him. How do we know this? We're not in the locker room or the players' heads. Maybe they can't stand him who knows.

I am baffled when people make statements like he is a top 3 coach or "I would take him over Bill Belicheck." What fantasy world do you people live in? He's an average coach at best who got lucky for a couple seasons. Hell I'd take Bill O'Brien from Penn State over him. Yes I said it.

FacemeIke
11-25-2012, 06:57 PM
What am I missing? What did Tomlin do wrong today? How do you coach around four fumbles?

steelersfan77
11-25-2012, 06:57 PM

He still had to coach his players to get to the ultimate game. Football players turn the ball over, not the football coaches.

Why was thread created again?

OliverPoop
11-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Even without the four fumbles they still would have lost. The fact is the Steelers (Tomlin being the HC) never seem to have a gameplan to defeat bad opponents. Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland, almost KC. All we hear are excuses that bad teams step up their game against the Steelers like it's some honor to play them. I'm sure those same teams step up their game against New England and New England still destroys them!

harrison'samonster
11-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Even without the four fumbles they still would have lost. The fact is the Steelers (Tomlin being the HC) never seem to have a gameplan to defeat bad opponents. Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland, almost KC. All we hear are excuses that bad teams step up their game against the Steelers like it's some honor to play them. I'm sure those same teams step up their game against New England and New England still destroys them!

I'd have to disagree. With the running backs all fumbling, that put too much pressure on Batch. I think it was too much for a back up to handle against such a good, young, aggressive defense.

If we had a strong physical running game, Batch would have had more opportunity to work a short passing game.

Ricco Suavez
11-25-2012, 07:15 PM

Oh psychic one, knower of all that will happen, you foresaw a loss without 8 turnovers, can you give me the winning powerball numbers now.

OliverPoop
11-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Oh psychic one, knower of all that will happen, you foresaw a loss without 8 turnovers, can you give me the winning powerball numbers now.

22 32 37 44 50 34

harrison'samonster
11-25-2012, 07:21 PM
22 32 37 44 50 34

:chuckle: that's no good, now we all have the winning numbers.

lipps83
11-25-2012, 07:27 PM

While I don't agree with you that without the fumbles we would have lost today, I do agree with you that I am tired of the argument:

EVERY TEAM GEARS UP TO PLAY THE STEELERS

Okay. These same teams still find ways to get blown out by the Patriots, Packers and other elite teams. Why do the Steelers struggle?

Since the Chiefs had the Steelers on the brink of defeat, their last two games they have lost combined 15-45. One of the excuses I heard at half time of the Steeler game was that the "Chiefs are playing for their coach".... what? I am sure their players know that Crennel is not a good HC and no matter what, he is gone after this season. They weren't playing for their coach. They were taking it to the Steelers and someone posted that so that they felt better about what was happening to the Steelers.

It seems sometimes that reality escapes the faithful.

SteeleReign
11-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Although I think the OP is a little over-the-top in his assessment of Tomlin, I do have my doubts.

I've contended that Tomlin, being a players coach, will have trouble winning consistently. He will have guys that want to play for him, and will generally build a winning team. A players coach will win with great players. He can feed their egos and keep the machine running. But, without those players & when times are tough, the team will look to him for leadership & direction & he may not be able to provide it.

Belichick, Coughlin, Parcells and the like are not always popular with the players or media but when the going gets tough, their players (even the backups) are able to overcome. Mike needs to change his approach. When he makes a threat, such as in 2009 (when he threatened that some of the starters would get benched) and then doesn't follow through, the team begins to lose faith in crunch time.

I want Mike to coach the Steelers, and I think that he can be one of the greats, but I think he needs to get tougher on the team & MEAN IT!!

casteeler
11-25-2012, 07:33 PM
The problem with Tomlin is he doesn't seem to correct on the fly. When this team struggles,Tomlin doesn't adjust

lipps83
11-25-2012, 07:38 PM
The problem with Tomlin is he doesn't seem to correct on the fly. When this team struggles,Tomlin doesn't adjust

I think that started well before Tomlin was coach. It seemed that Cowher teams struggled to adjust as well. Usually at halftime they were able to turn it around and same goes for Tomlin. It seems that maybe they are unwilling to adjust on the fly and would rather stick to their plans until they can look at some film or something.

I don't know, but they were both able to win consistently. I will still stick with Tomlin as my coach and see how he handles the current situation. That will be more telling than a loss to the Browns, even though it is the Browns and does suck.

lardlad
11-25-2012, 07:48 PM

Except he dropped every back that put the ball on the turf. And they did open up the playbook for Batch. They didn't really have to, they were never out of the game, but the running game was going nowhere.

sloppyjoe
11-25-2012, 08:09 PM
bad comparison.
tomlin=switzer

zcoop
11-25-2012, 08:14 PM
:chuckle: that's no good, now we all have the winning numbers.

Which number is the money ball? I might play this number with the payout as high as it is. :chuckle:

btaylor179
11-25-2012, 08:17 PM
we always play down to our competition........and the fact we aren't that good

dpc13
11-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Trade Haley AND Tomlin for a six pack of draft pix .

ZoneBlitzer
11-25-2012, 09:12 PM
I think the fact that he's the number one rated coach that NFL players want to play for speaks volumes. He's too much of a player's coach and the result of that is lack of discipline and attention to detail. There is no way that this team will make the playoffs this year.

desertsteel
11-25-2012, 09:23 PM
A blowhard. A pea brained one at that.

Really? And what is your IQ?

SteelersCanada
11-25-2012, 09:50 PM
I honestly don't know what to say anymore. The amount of people asking for Tomlin's head just bring out the fairweather fanbase, and that's cool, every team has them. People don't recognize what Tomlin means to this franchise. In my opinion, he's as important as Roethlisberger to this team. The whole idea of "Tomlin's game management sucks!" is an old, tired one that is repeated rhetoric by the ignorant. People calling out his usage of timeouts and game day planning are always falling back on either a) bullshit or b) ignorance - and it frustrates me when people that literally have no idea what they're talking about try to make a point about the coach.

You can't blame the coach for penalties. Sure, it could mean a lack of discipline, but you can't teach Sanders not to flinch and and get false start. You can't teach Legursky and Foster to not hold, because it's in their mechanics and they're not starting guards. In fact, the ST penalties got to a point where he was taking helmets away from people that were considered 'multiple offenders'. He sat down Mendenhall, Dwyer and Redman when they fumbled and couldn't sit Rainey down due to lack of running backs. He's trying to maintain discipline over the team, and for the most part, succeeding. There's a reason why he was voted the most liked coach by players - this wasn't an accident. They're buying what he's selling, and for the most part, it's worked. He's been to two Super Bowls, and won one of them.

Whenever we win, it's all love and rainbows. When we lose, it's fire Tomlin and Haley, and get rid of Mike Wallace. If you're a fan, you criticize the faults of the team, not use scapegoats and point the finger at others - undeservedly.

ricardisimo
11-25-2012, 10:13 PM
I just don't know where people get this idea that he's chummy with his players. I have never once read that he is friends with any of them. I'm an eager reader, so if you have something to show me, please do so.

I do feel that Tomlin's boner for veterans is a hit-or-miss strategy. There's pluses and minuses to it. In today's case we may have been better off keeping Jerrod Johnson than either Batch or Leftwich, but that's 20/20, and even as such is just a fan's perspective.

How anyone can question Tomlin's ultimate results - wins - is beyond me. The man wins football games. I don't want to hear about this being "just stats" and how he doesn't pass "the eyeball test". Some of you will just never be happy unless you're miserable. Well, now is your moment.

jiminpa
11-25-2012, 10:14 PM
I honestly don't know what to say anymore. The amount of people asking for Tomlin's head just bring out the fairweather fanbase, and that's cool, every team has them. People don't recognize what Tomlin means to this franchise. In my opinion, he's as important as Roethlisberger to this team. The whole idea of "Tomlin's game management sucks!" is an old, tired one that is repeated rhetoric by the ignorant. People calling out his usage of timeouts and game day planning are always falling back on either a) bullshit or b) ignorance - and it frustrates me when people that literally have no idea what they're talking about try to make a point about the coach.

You can't blame the coach for penalties. Sure, it could mean a lack of discipline, but you can't teach Sanders not to flinch and and get false start. You can't teach Legursky and Foster to not hold, because it's in their mechanics and they're not starting guards. In fact, the ST penalties got to a point where he was taking helmets away from people that were considered 'multiple offenders'. He sat down Mendenhall, Dwyer and Redman when they fumbled and couldn't sit Rainey down due to lack of running backs. He's trying to maintain discipline over the team, and for the most part, succeeding. There's a reason why he was voted the most liked coach by players - this wasn't an accident. They're buying what he's selling, and for the most part, it's worked. He's been to two Super Bowls, and won one of them.

Whenever we win, it's all love and rainbows. When we lose, it's fire Tomlin and Haley, and get rid of Mike Wallace. If you're a fan, you criticize the faults of the team, not use scapegoats and point the finger at others - undeservedly.That's not exactly true in my case. I have been critical of him for years, win or lose. His game management does suck, plain and simple. I don't know that mine would be any better in real life situations, but then I have no pretenses of being anything more than a fan. It's not just the penalties on special teams, it's that they have for his entire tenure made every returner look like Cribbs. At best for us they get to their own 35, and a touchdown for any returner against us is not out of the question, and the only reason it's as far back as the 35 is that the NFL moved the kickoff, other than that it hasn't changed in six seasons. But our returners have to work to make the 20, and they really do have Cribbs's talent level. He does the desperation stuff when it is not called for and goes conventional in desperation time. The fake field goal when it was the worst of three possible decisions is a great example. He talks the talk but never walks the walk, but as long as the Rooney's force him to have better coordinators then he is a head coach and he lets them make make him look good, it works out.

jiminpa
11-25-2012, 10:18 PM
I just don't know where people get this idea that he's chummy with his players. I have never once read that he is friends with any of them. I'm an eager reader, so if you have something to show me, please do so.

I do feel that Tomlin's boner for veterans is a hit-or-miss strategy. There's pluses and minuses to it. In today's case we may have been better off keeping Jerrod Johnson than either Batch or Leftwich, but that's 20/20, and even as such is just a fan's perspective.

How anyone can question Tomlin's ultimate results - wins - is beyond me. The man wins football games. I don't want to hear about this being "just stats" and how he doesn't pass "the eyeball test". Some of you will just never be happy unless you're miserable. Well, now is your moment.Personally, I think he has been carried to those wins. I could be wrong, and I don't mind if I am, as long as that means the Steelers keep winning championships.

OliverPoop
11-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Tomlin might be a good coordinator but he is showing he is no head coach.

ricardisimo
11-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Showing how? He's won an awful lot of games in his short tenure. What exactly should he show other than wins?

OliverPoop
11-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Showing how? He's won an awful lot of games in his short tenure. What exactly should he show other than wins?

Consistency would be nice. Also looking like you know what you're doing might help as well.

teegre
11-25-2012, 11:15 PM
I have a question for all of those who despise Tomlin.

Let's assume that Cowher is the better coach (I don't think he is better than Tomlin, but that is not the point of this post). Let's assume that Cowher is better... and go from there.

Cowher is better.
He is retired.
The Steelers need to hire someone... so, if it is not Tomlin, then with whom would you replace him?

Before you answer Nick Saban (or some other college coach), name the last college coach who was successful in the NFL. (My guess is that your answer will be Jimmy Johnson... who is an anomaly.) Sure, Jim Harbaugh has turned his team around, but he has ZERO championships. And, he is winning with "Singletary's guys"... right? So... who...??

If you want a coordinator... again I ask: Who???

The fact is, that even if Cowher was better, he is retired, and SOMEONE has to coach the Steelers.

Heck, you can have any coach in the NFL... who would you take over Tomlin: Belichick? Coughlin? But, even both of those are maybes, because just like Tomlin, neither of them won without an elite QB (number of SuperBowls for those coaches prior to Brady & Eli: ZERO).

Cowher was better. He is retired. And, so are Mel Blount & Rod Woodson.

Think about that analogy. Ike Taylor is no where near as good as Blount or Woodson... but, Ike has been pretty darn good. Who else would you have rather have had for the past nine seasons? Tillman... Asomugha... someone else?

In other words, maybe there are a few better coaches in the league, but then again, maybe there aren't.

More importantly, the past is the past... and has nothing to do with the present. Cowher was a better coach... so was Lombardi... and, so was Paul Brown. So, what exactly does that have to do with any current coach?

Hawaii 5-0
11-25-2012, 11:27 PM

can you please speak louder?

Mike Tomlin can't hear what you're saying with his two AFC Championship rings plugging his ears.

GoFor7
11-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Under Cowher the Steelers would definitely be a more disciplined football team. My only two concerns about him as a head coach would be his ability to win the big game and a "play not to lose" mentality.

ricardisimo
11-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Consistency would be nice. Also looking like you know what you're doing might help as well.
He's consistently won a lot of games, year-in and year-out. Again, I'm not getting it. And looking like he knows what he's doing visually? As in, you want to see a certain look to him on the sidelines? Explain.

uclkyle
11-25-2012, 11:45 PM
What am I missing? What did Tomlin do wrong today? How do you coach around four fumbles?

Actually, we fumbled SEVEN times and lost five. But who is counting.

teegre
11-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Actually, we fumbled SEVEN times and lost five. But who is counting.

... and threw three INTS... and dropped three INTs on defense... and hurt Mike Adams' knee... and...

ricardisimo
11-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Tomlin himself noted that he was astounded that the score was as close as it was, considering all of that. But maybe that was modesty on his part.

Blackout
11-26-2012, 12:14 AM
Exactly, the score was pretty close considering all of that. Sure Tomlin has made questionable decisions but On the whole I'm extremely happy with him.

People need to be stop being so reactionary and ease off on the hysterics.

BowCatShot
11-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Really? And what is your IQ?

If it was a lot lower than it actually is you and I could have a meaningful conversation.

Rick5895
11-26-2012, 04:31 AM
How in the hell is it a coaches fault when you turn the ball over 8 times. The fact the game was close with us having a chance to win if not for the blown fumble call late in the fourth quarter tells me Tomlin and these coaches do a pretty good job. This team is being held together by duct tape.
The browns have been playing hard fought close games all season, taking healthy teams to the brink, the Steelers are a MASH unit right now, I expected a tough close game without the turnovers, 8 of them and we lose, but it must be Tomlins fault, GEEZ!!!
Next thing you know there will be people on here calling for LeBeau's head because the D didn't score ENOUGH touchdowns.
The over reaction from any loss with some of you in utterly insane!!

bornaSteelersfan
11-26-2012, 04:47 AM
bad comparison.
tomlin=switzer

Except Tomlin doesn't try to bring handguns on airplanes...

steeltheone
11-26-2012, 06:53 AM
This was a sample of a Tomlin team without a franchise under center.

Bayz101
11-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Another Tomlin thread? Fuck. Can I ban members for being stupid? Anyone?

steeltheone
11-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Any coach who loses to the Raiders, Titans and Browns will have lots of threads, ask Norv. Lol

Fire Haley
11-26-2012, 07:40 AM
Any coach who loses to the Raiders, Titans and Browns.....

He does have a high standard for incompetence

Here is the revised order of Mike Tomlin's five worst regular-season losses (today's loss replaced '07 Jets debacle):

5. "Batch of Turnovers" Nov. 25, 2012, 20-14 at Browns -- Steelers commit eight (8) turnovers, including three interceptions from third-string QB Charlie Batch and one lost fumble from each of their top four running backs in a historically hideous performance that shall live in infamy. Browns improve to 3-8.

4. "Abomination by the Bay" Sept. 23, 2012, 34-31 at Oakland -- Steelers fumble away a 10-point fourth-quarter lead against a battered and brutally bad Raiders team that was coming off a blowout loss to Miami (and would be destroyed by Denver in its next game). Steelers manage all of one (1) sack on Carson Palmer's 34 attempts. Defense so embarrassingly bad that Tomlin justified in going for it deep in own territory in tie game.

3. "Music City Monstrosity" Oct. 11, 2012, 26-23, at Tennessee -- Pitted against a defense on pace to give up the most points in NFL history, the Steelers score early on an 82-yard pass to Mike Wallace and never attempt another deep ball. Ziggy Hood registers zero (0) tackles (and zero assists). Ike Taylor gives up eight receptions and commits three penalties. Tennessee, led by 72-year-old backup QB Matt Hasselbeck, hadn't scored on a drive of 80 yards or more all season, but, sure enough, launches an 11-play, 80-yard TD march in 4th. Steelers defense so utterly disorganized that it accidentally rushes only two (2) players on a 3rd-and-10 on Titans' winning field-goal drive.

2. "Bruce Almighty" Dec. 6, 2009, 27-24 vs. Oakland -- Two words: Bruce. Gradkowski. He throws for 308 yards and three touchdowns -- ALL IN THE FOURTH QUARTER -- against a hapless and Troy-less Steelers secondary. The loss is the second of three historically humiliating defeats that will complete Tomlin's "Unleash Hell" trilogy, topped only by ...

1. "Bruce Not Mighty" Dec. 10, 2009, at Cleveland -- Bruce Arians figures it's a swell idea to try 32 passes in a wind storm against a 2-11 team. Steelers go open backfield on third-and-1. Ben is sacked eight (8) times. Brady Quinn goes 6 for 19 for 90 yards yet leaves the field a winner. All of Cleveland rejoices, for this is the closest they will get to a Super Bowl. Until Nov. 25, 2012, of course.

http://sulia.com/joestarkey1/

PettySteel
11-26-2012, 08:31 AM
fumbles + Batch = loss!!

steelersfan77
11-26-2012, 04:15 PM
I was at the bar for the game and the whole place knew we needed the ball back. Everyone applauded the fact we were getting the ball back with a little under 3 minutes as opposed to letting the browns run the clock to the two minute warning, then punt.

Then came the moment we needed a timeout to challenge the sure fire can't miss not even disputable Richardson fumble and the whole place turned on Tomlin. Fair weather fan base.

Fire Arians
11-26-2012, 04:24 PM
i can't complain too much about his 2 super bowl appearances, but at the same time, this guy enrages me how he never has the team ready to play against lowly competition. I'm actually more nervous about playing 'bad' teams than I've ever been as a Steeler fan.

With Tomlin as HC, I never seen any Steeler team fall in trap games more frequently, I don't remember the last time I said "oh yeah we're playing [crappy team], that's an automatic win". Instead I'm saying "uh oh trap game, 50-50 chance we lose"

steelersfan77
11-26-2012, 04:37 PM
I don't know falling into trap games if you're referring to the browns game but I myself had no confidence we'd win that game with batch at quarterback. Especially against a young, fast defense.

Fire Arians
11-26-2012, 04:49 PM
I don't know falling into trap games if you're referring to the browns game but I myself had no confidence we'd win that game with batch at quarterback. Especially against a young, fast defense.

I'm talking about the team seeming to be not mentally prepared to play against lesser teams. Take away 8 turnovers and likely this game was a win, all we needed batch to do in ben's relief was to not lose the game. he didn't do that. Whenever you have this many turnovers, that's just undisciplined football, period, and that's on the coaching.

Could also add the Titans and Raiders game, or the squeaker against KC. Or the 'unleash hell' season where we were supposedly going to run wild on the NFL because we had an 'easy' schedule. I'm less worried when going up against the good teams because it seems like they are good at rising to the challenge in those instances. however, whenever we seem to be large favorites, I'm bracing for a major letdown or loss.

zcoop
11-26-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm talking about the team seeming to be not mentally prepared to play against lesser teams. Take away 8 turnovers and likely this game was a win, all we needed batch to do in ben's relief was to not lose the game. he didn't do that. Whenever you have this many turnovers, that's just undisciplined football, period, and that's on the coaching.

Could also add the Titans and Raiders game, or the squeaker against KC. Or the 'unleash hell' season where we were supposedly going to run wild on the NFL because we had an 'easy' schedule. I'm less worried when going up against the good teams because it seems like they are good at rising to the challenge in those instances. however, whenever we seem to be large favorites, I'm bracing for a major letdown or loss.

One major reason why we have lost this year is a brand new offense that doesn't produce many points. To date, we play more of a TOP, (keep the ball away from the other team), game and its tough in today's game. Most of the teams with winning records score a lot of points and can do it quickly.

Not making any excuses, but we are also in an adjustment year, that resembles a MASH unit.

tarasovic2
11-26-2012, 07:22 PM
hell...If Ben was healthy Tomlin would still be the man. I, for one, like the way he keeps his composure. For example, look what idiot those Jets fans have to deal with.

jiminpa
11-26-2012, 07:36 PM
He does have a high standard for incompetence

Here is the revised order of Mike Tomlin's five worst regular-season losses (today's loss replaced '07 Jets debacle):

5. "Batch of Turnovers" Nov. 25, 2012, 20-14 at Browns -- Steelers commit eight (8) turnovers, including three interceptions from third-string QB Charlie Batch and one lost fumble from each of their top four running backs in a historically hideous performance that shall live in infamy. Browns improve to 3-8.

4. "Abomination by the Bay" Sept. 23, 2012, 34-31 at Oakland -- Steelers fumble away a 10-point fourth-quarter lead against a battered and brutally bad Raiders team that was coming off a blowout loss to Miami (and would be destroyed by Denver in its next game). Steelers manage all of one (1) sack on Carson Palmer's 34 attempts. Defense so embarrassingly bad that Tomlin justified in going for it deep in own territory in tie game.

3. "Music City Monstrosity" Oct. 11, 2012, 26-23, at Tennessee -- Pitted against a defense on pace to give up the most points in NFL history, the Steelers score early on an 82-yard pass to Mike Wallace and never attempt another deep ball. Ziggy Hood registers zero (0) tackles (and zero assists). Ike Taylor gives up eight receptions and commits three penalties. Tennessee, led by 72-year-old backup QB Matt Hasselbeck, hadn't scored on a drive of 80 yards or more all season, but, sure enough, launches an 11-play, 80-yard TD march in 4th. Steelers defense so utterly disorganized that it accidentally rushes only two (2) players on a 3rd-and-10 on Titans' winning field-goal drive.

2. "Bruce Almighty" Dec. 6, 2009, 27-24 vs. Oakland -- Two words: Bruce. Gradkowski. He throws for 308 yards and three touchdowns -- ALL IN THE FOURTH QUARTER -- against a hapless and Troy-less Steelers secondary. The loss is the second of three historically humiliating defeats that will complete Tomlin's "Unleash Hell" trilogy, topped only by ...

1. "Bruce Not Mighty" Dec. 10, 2009, at Cleveland -- Bruce Arians figures it's a swell idea to try 32 passes in a wind storm against a 2-11 team. Steelers go open backfield on third-and-1. Ben is sacked eight (8) times. Brady Quinn goes 6 for 19 for 90 yards yet leaves the field a winner. All of Cleveland rejoices, for this is the closest they will get to a Super Bowl. Until Nov. 25, 2012, of course.

http://sulia.com/joestarkey1/You could be a professional satirist. That was as funny as it was sad.

jiminpa
11-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Having posted some major criticism of Tomlin, and reading the now closed "trade bait" thread I want to balance all of that out. I'm not impressed with Tomlin, and I have doubted his abilities as a head coach since his first offseason when he kept Arians, but I don't for a minute think he's going anywhere soon. If the Rooney's have to step in again, that may change, but it still won't be soon. He has been the HC of a Superbowl win and an appearance, but Charlie Batch was on the same sideline as Tomlin as a QB in both of those games and one more, it doesn't make him great. I don't see Tomlin having the ability to create a win, but if he has the right people around him he will let them create wins, and that can be a huge strength, except that he seems to be weak at recognizing who those people should be. LeBeau was pushed on him, and so was Haley, who has shown flashes of greatness as well as some major Arians moments. But I am a Steelers homer to the bitter end, and I hope Tomlin proves me very wrong.

Fire Haley
11-26-2012, 08:18 PM
You could be a professional satirist. That was as funny as it was sad.

I'm more a copy&paste thief....but when I steal something I provide the link...unlike 90% of the heathens around here

ricardisimo
11-26-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm more a copy&paste thief....but when I steal something I provide the link...unlike 90% of the heathens around here

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=1054671&postcount=59