PDA

View Full Version : -Big Ben = Big Choker + Big Liar- II

Go_Cats
06-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Hi sqeeler fans, its me, the one and only author, of the thread Big Ben = Big Choker + Big Liar. From what I've read so far you guys really appreciate my work :joker: you guys don't wanna accept the facts, that big ben is a choker and a liar. All you sqeeler fans have been so big on big ben, putting him on a pedestal, for what? Becuase he had a decent rating after having to throw the ball 5-10 times a game? :rolleyes: Trent Dilfer had the highest rating in the league back in 97' 3/4 of the way through the year, but under a little pressure, he cracked just as bad as Bendover did last year :checkit: how can you guys bad mouth a guy like Carson, when your own QB is a piece of work himself? Carson is a number 1 overall pick, and hiesman winner, what now squeelers?

Sorry the Bengals lair version of this was closed, guess you guys started complaining after the :buttkick: you where getting.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-15-2005, 10:58 PM
Hey we didnt complain about it, in fact I just lobbied for it to open back up again..but your mods thought otherwise..but anyhow..

Ben knows damn well he could have been and should have been the #1 pick..becuz obviously Rivers isnt doing shit, and Manning is years away from being anything special. Ben has the talent desire and ability to go far in this league, and he's started out on the right path by going 15-1. He made ALOT of huge plays for us in those wins.. big 3rd down coversions, scrambling for first downs, play action ability that is second to none among young QB's.

You show me a rookie that doesnt hit the perverbial rookie brick wall towards the end of season.. that right, there isnt 1 rookie that doesnt have struggles in the regular season..its just that palmer seems to have his struggles all the time becuz you guys never make it to the post season so he might as well get right into it in week 1. Ben played through his struggles towards the end of the season and kept battling and making plays.. sure he didnt have a good game against the pats and we lost..but atleast we were in the post season AGAIN, with a rookie QB.

No Steeler QB is ever asked to win games on their own.. our organization surrounds them with too much talent to force them to win by themselves...

Go_Cats
06-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Hey we didnt complain about it, in fact I just lobbied for it to open back up again..but your mods thought otherwise..but anyhow..

Ben knows damn well he could have been and should have been the #1 pick..becuz obviously Rivers isnt doing shit, and Manning is years away from being anything special. Ben has the talent desire and ability to go far in this league, and he's started out on the right path by going 15-1. He made ALOT of huge plays for us in those wins.. big 3rd down coversions, scrambling for first downs, play action ability that is second to none among young QB's.

You show me a rookie that doesnt hit the perverbial rookie brick wall towards the end of season.. that right, there isnt 1 rookie that doesnt have struggles in the regular season..its just that palmer seems to have his struggles all the time becuz you guys never make it to the post season so he might as well get right into it in week 1. Ben played through his struggles towards the end of the season and kept battling and making plays.. sure he didnt have a good game against the pats and we lost..but atleast we were in the post season AGAIN, with a rookie QB.

No Steeler QB is ever asked to win games on their own.. our organization surrounds them with too much talent to force them to win by themselves...
This pretty much sums up Ben's postseason:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/chiefs_no_1/TomAmstel2.gif

Plain and simple, why have a guy throw 5-10 times a game and than throw him to the wolves?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-15-2005, 11:24 PM
He throws alittle more than 5-10 times a game.. so I assume ur just pulling those numbers constantly as a figure of speech. Our game plan is never to force a QB to win a game for us. So yes u may see Ben put up huge passing stats now and then in games, just like Tommy did..BUT, you'll notice 2 years ago, we had one of the best passing attacks in team history and we ended up 6-10, so that strategy is pointless to use. We've got a capable young QB who still has alot to learn, but with an upside like he has, and the experience he got last year, I like his chances to be VERY successfull for a very long time in this league for us.

Sorry, thats not ICB so its not a valid trash talking pic...

BB2W
06-15-2005, 11:27 PM
This is stupidity, Ben had one of the best rookie season of any QB in NFL history......arguably the best! Carson did not perform nearly as well, and he had a season to sit and learn the offense. Carson made alot more mistakes than Ben throughout the season, and Ben was thrown in the mix in week two. To say that a rookie QB that played on a 15 and 1 team that lost to the defending champs choked, or is a bust is ridiculous. It is to bad you don't hold Carson to the same standards you hold Ben. I know it stings a bit that the heismen winning Carson will likely never be the QB you had hoped, and we struck a gold-mine out of lil' Miami Univ. (OH) He is, and always will be a better QB than Carson.

I watch alot of Bengals games, but you are gonna have to convince some of these other guys about how good Carson is.......All they have to go by is the two games last year :toofunny: Remember? Carson blew both games! Two INT's buy Polamalu! Punctuated by running over Palmer with the efficiency of a diesel powered combine for the TD return LOL. Nice tackle Carson! No guts! The second game it actually looked like you guys had a chance for a change and then he throws it right to Farrior for the INT TD return (again). Honestly he sucked both games. I don't think they are gonna believe the Carson hype :blah:

Go_Cats
06-15-2005, 11:28 PM
do you want me to tone it down?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-15-2005, 11:59 PM
We werent aware you toned it up in the first place.....so please tell me that's not the best you got...

JerseySTEEL
06-16-2005, 01:17 AM
http://img187.echo.cx/img187/756/johnsondropapzoom0vm.jpg

Prosdo
06-16-2005, 01:38 AM
Ben was a rookie so I really don't understand how you can say he is a choker. He has played one season and that was his rookie season. He went beyond anyones expectations for him. Ben of course did not win the games by himself because he isn't the only guy on the field. He had a great supporting casts, but his role was still key. 15-1 for a rookie's first season I think thats pretty damn good. The guy just finished his first season. As I said I don't see how a 15-1 rookie is a choker.

JerseySTEEL
06-16-2005, 01:43 AM
http://img7.echo.cx/img7/4554/stats1zw.jpg

Man i just love stats!

Go_Cats
06-16-2005, 03:03 AM
Ben was a rookie so I really don't understand how you can say he is a choker. He has played one season and that was his rookie season. He went beyond anyones expectations for him. Ben of course did not win the games by himself because he isn't the only guy on the field. He had a great supporting casts, but his role was still key. 15-1 for a rookie's first season I think thats pretty damn good. The guy just finished his first season. As I said I don't see how a 15-1 rookie is a choker.

He's a choker, becuase he played poorly against a team he handled the last time they played, I don't understand why its so hard to see that he's a choker, I gave you a picture of him choking it down to help you guys.

Prosdo
06-16-2005, 06:23 AM
He's a choker, becuase he played poorly against a team he handled the last time they played, I don't understand why its so hard to see that he's a choker, I gave you a picture of him choking it down to help you guys.

He's a rookie that went past expectations. I don't see that as a choke, but we have differing opinions. Thats bound to happen lol.

stillers4strife
06-16-2005, 07:35 AM
Carson is a number 1 overall pick, and hiesman winner, what now squeelers?

Gino Torretta won a Heisman too. *snicker*

BB2W
06-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Carson Palmer must be a choker then! lol He choked 8 times this year to Bens one. What stupid reasoning. They are just jealous that we have a better QB, and they will do anything to trash him. Carson was suposed to be the next great QB, instead he is average, and Big Ben stole the show last year. The natinal media barely new Carson was playin. I know it stings Cat, but take it like a man......Don't hate the player, hate the game. :cool:

Go_Cats
06-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Gino Torretta won a Heisman too. *snicker*
Yeah but how many of them where drafted numero uno?

Go_Cats
06-16-2005, 01:36 PM
When you go from this in the regular season:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/chiefs_no_1/choker2.bmp
15-1

to this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/chiefs_no_1/choker.bmp

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/chiefs_no_1/FUNNY.jpg
0-2 you know you've choked

stillers4strife
06-16-2005, 02:04 PM

It just makes the fall that much harder. :)

BB2W
06-16-2005, 02:21 PM
What about Carson choking 8 times last year, or is it that you can't choke if you were never good to begin with. Which one is it?

Ben outplayed Carson in every way last year and you know it......you reek of jealousy!

Go back to the Bungleboro and pray that Carson will ever be as good as Ben is or was last season. Carson will never lead the Bengals to a 15 and 1 record......bottom line!

clevestinks
06-16-2005, 02:37 PM
I really cant take Go Cats serious! I mean nobody is really this stupid. He is just joking around. Because if he knew anything about football, then he can`t beleive his own post. Nice try Cats, you almost had us fooled. We knew you weren`t that dumb, Are You?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Just because you're a number 1 pick..doesnt mean u live up to the expectations.. as is the case w/ Palmer.. He's had enough time to show signifcant improvement but he's still making the same bonehead, panic mistakes week in and week out.

figg
06-16-2005, 03:15 PM

Vinny Testaverde lol another choker :busted:

RoethlisBURGHer
06-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Cats,you make me laugh.You are really entertaining.

When the Steelers own the Bungles ass twice this season,when Carson *possibly* wins 9 games instead of 8 games,and Ben is hoisting the Lombardi trophy in February while Carson sits at home and realizes he'll never know what that's like...you're tune will change.

You can't win EVERY game (the Bengals can't win more than half of thier games,can't even beat the Clowns twice...not even convincingly once).Ben lost in the biggest game of his life so far.He'll have bigger games.

Guess what,this will be Ben's second year in the league and he'll be able to read defenses better than Carson,he'll understand his defenses better than Carson,and once again he'll be a better QB than Carson.

When thier careers are over,Ben will be looked at as a champion,one of the best QB's of his time.Carson will be looked at as a mediocre to above average QB who got into the playoffs due to Wild Card spots a few times...but could never take his game to the next level (that is,if he can get them over 8-8).

:sign01:

At least we can say :sign08: you guys don't have any rings.

BB2W
06-16-2005, 03:22 PM
When you go from this.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38594000/jpg/_38594729_carson150_220.jpg

To this.....

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20041004pd_porter_smithPJ_150.jpg

To This!!!

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20041122ap_fbn_farrior_TDreturnPJ_150.jpg

You know you are a BUST! :rofl:

And when you go 8 and 8.....You know you are an average QB at best.

And when you are a Bengals fan tryin to dis the Steelers.....You know you are an idiot.

BB2W
06-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Sorry Go Cats, I couldn't resist. :toofunny: :rofl: :funny: :laughing:

bigbensgirl7
06-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Cats...are you for real! Is that all you really have...a bunch of stupid pics and that Carson was drafted #1 and won the heisman. Maybe, instead of living in his college days, you might want to wake up and wonder if he will ever live up to his hype-I know I would be if I were in your situation.
To me Ben has proven a lot to me in his rookie season. He faced some of the best teams in the league and won. He proved he was able to come back from behind, he made some huge plays for us, converted many crucial 3rd downs. This kid was a rookie with a limited playbook and made things happen. Yes, it's no secret, he didn't do it by himself. He came into a perfect situation for him surrounded by the top running game and defense in the league. He lost one game, and yes it was his biggest game, but he now has the experience of the playoffs, will have an expanded playbook, more options to throw too, the same running game, and defense with an improved secondary, and a winning franchise. I personally think, he will once again, be just fine-and I would take that anyday over a first round pick that has a Heisman at home and a supporting cast and franchise that has not been able to finish over 8-8 since 1990 (9-7) anyday!

To be fair, I really do think Carson will have a good career in the NFL, but no, right now I do not see him being better than Big Ben!

Go_Cats
06-17-2005, 12:58 AM
What about Carson choking 8 times last year, or is it that you can't choke if you were never good to begin with. Which one is it?

Ben outplayed Carson in every way last year and you know it......you reek of jealousy!

Go back to the Bungleboro and pray that Carson will ever be as good as Ben is or was last season. Carson will never lead the Bengals to a 15 and 1 record......bottom line!
He didn't choke in 8 games last year, the defense let us down not Carson, its like saying Trent Green is the reason the chiefs went 7-9...

Go_Cats
06-17-2005, 01:39 AM
RoethlisBURGHER say that after looking at these stats:
-------------------

*Multiply by 1.1875 b/c Carson missed 3 games

2897*1.1875=3440
18*1.1875=22

---------------------------------
Carson Palmer

Passing yards: 3440
TD's: 22
INT's: 18
RAT: 78

Peyton Manning-1998

Yards: 3739
TD's: 26
INT's: 28
RAT: 71.5

Big Ben

Yards: 2621
TD's: 17
INT's: 11

Not only that, but Carson got better as the season drew on, his last 4 starts he averaged 105 QB rating against the 1st, 15th, 9th and 6th rated defenses, including a 382 yard, 24 point come from behind victory over the jailbirds. :checkit: On the other hand, Big Ben's rating plummeted to 61.3 the last 2 games against the 7th and 9th rated defenses respectively. Throwing for a maximum of just over 200 yards. :checkit:

Go_Cats
06-17-2005, 01:44 AM
When you go from this.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38594000/jpg/_38594729_carson150_220.jpg

To this.....

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20041004pd_porter_smithPJ_150.jpg

To This!!!

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20041122ap_fbn_farrior_TDreturnPJ_150.jpg

You know you are a BUST!

And when you go 8 and 8.....You know you are an average QB at best.

And when you are a Bengals fan tryin to dis the Steelers.....You know you are an idiot.

Thats pretty funny actually :D

Go_Cats
06-17-2005, 02:04 AM
Cats...are you for real! Is that all you really have...a bunch of stupid pics and that Carson was drafted #1 and won the heisman. Maybe, instead of living in his college days, you might want to wake up and wonder if he will ever live up to his hype-I know I would be if I were in your situation.
To me Ben has proven a lot to me in his rookie season. He faced some of the best teams in the league and won. He proved he was able to come back from behind, he made some huge plays for us, converted many crucial 3rd downs. This kid was a rookie with a limited playbook and made things happen. Yes, it's no secret, he didn't do it by himself. He came into a perfect situation for him surrounded by the top running game and defense in the league. He lost one game, and yes it was his biggest game, but he now has the experience of the playoffs, will have an expanded playbook, more options to throw too, the same running game, and defense with an improved secondary, and a winning franchise. I personally think, he will once again, be just fine-and I would take that anyday over a first round pick that has a Heisman at home and a supporting cast and franchise that has not been able to finish over 8-8 since 1990 (9-7) anyday!

To be fair, I really do think Carson will have a good career in the NFL, but no, right now I do not see him being better than Big Ben!

I agree on some of what you said, its mostly a well thought out post, but lets be real here, what exactly did Big Ben prove? He only threw over 200 yds 4 times in the regular season, and the big games, the two against NE and and Philly he didn't even break 200 yds passing. The playoffs, he finally had to throw, his rating plummeted to 60 :banging:, so I'm really confused by what you think he proved last year. :hunch:

Prosdo
06-17-2005, 02:47 AM
I agree on some of what you said, its mostly a well thought out post, but lets be real here, what exactly did Big Ben prove? He only threw over 200 yds 4 times in the regular season, and the big games, the two against NE and and Philly he didn't even break 200 yds passing. The playoffs, he finally had to throw, his rating plummeted to 60 :banging:, so I'm really confused by what you think he proved last year. :hunch:

He was a rookie who went 15-1. That means nothing? Pittsburgh is not a big throwing team. We have traditionally been a running team. We usually don't carry the huge throwing stats like other teams. Ben was warn out by the playoffs and nervous. The thing I am trying to stress is Ben is a rookie who went 15-1. He made it to the playoffs and lead his team. Was he alone in this? No, what quarterback ever is? He did great. Most veterans would loved to have gone 15-1. The real test for Ben is this upcoming season. He will prove what kind of quarterback he is going to evolve to. I have faith in him that he will do well.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-17-2005, 12:07 PM
We'll see what both QB's do this year.

Palmer and Roethlisberger are the two best QB's in the AFC North,no doubt.I think both will do well,and the Bengals main downfall will be thier defense.

But remeber Bungle fans,Ben will be much improved this year.He has shown his dedication by being the The Burgh since February working out and working with his recievers,studying the playbook and learning all the plays he never got a chance to learn last year,and working with Dick LeBeau on reading defenses...specifically zones and 3-4 defenses.

Oh and btw,I hope your Bungles beat the Ratbirds twice.

hardwork
06-17-2005, 01:42 PM
But Ben was a rookie, Ben was a rookie, Ben was a rookie. How many times do we have to hear this? And, 15-1, 15-1, 15-1.

I don't care if he came out of high school to play for the steelers, and went 16-0, he got beat when the time came to advance to the big dance. He got beat, your team got beat, and your coach got beat.

Live with it. Put the excuses away. Act like Pittsburgh Steeler fans.

clevestinks
06-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Cats you really make no sense! First you use Palmers games played then throw in an average because he missed three games! Who`s to say he would have played up to the numbers? Then you didn`t include that Ben missed 2 1/2 games? YOu did make it a point to show Palmers rating, but not Bens ? You did show that Bens rating dropped, yes it dropped and it was still higher than Palmers.

Steelers Fans! I think Cats is a little confused, he seems to think that if the best qb wins. Even if Palmer had Peyton Manning like numbers, the fact remains Your Bungles Suck! What don`t you get?? Are you a moron? Personally I would rather see Palmer go to the ProBowl year after year, and Ben be a flop, as long as we win. You are so used to losing, that all you really have is a number 1 pick in the draft, that you HOPE, will pan out. I guess when your team loses, and loses, and loses, and loses, and loses, that it doesn`t take much to get you excited.

If you team loses year after year= your a loser

If you root for a team that never has a winning season, you might be a loser.

Hardwork, can`t waste our breathe on you right now. Besides its a mute point, at least you guys are winners.

hardwork
06-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Yeah, if I was a Steeler fan I'd rather talk about the Bungles to.

clevestinks
06-17-2005, 02:49 PM
No its not that I`d rather talk to bungles fan. Its just more fun there are so many things to pick on, since they always suck.

Prosdo
06-17-2005, 03:46 PM
But Ben was a rookie, Ben was a rookie, Ben was a rookie. How many times do we have to hear this? And, 15-1, 15-1, 15-1.

I don't care if he came out of high school to play for the steelers, and went 16-0, he got beat when the time came to advance to the big dance. He got beat, your team got beat, and your coach got beat.

All that was meant for a rookie he went beyond expectations thats all. This upcoming season as I said will show us what kind of quarterback Ben will be. By the way was wondering where you were HW haven't seen you around.

Go_Cats
06-17-2005, 04:20 PM

Finally a steeler fan with some intelligence!

hardwork
06-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Cleve, I hear ya.

Prosdo, I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, for the camps to open up. I'm ready, lets get this season rolling.

Go Cats, I'm a Patriots fan. If notice my Location is Boston. No real Bostonian would be a Steeler fan. They only think they're God, we know we're God.

figg
06-17-2005, 05:24 PM

The team got beat. It starts with the D. Ben was a rookie---name the last rookie QB to bring his team to the SB?

Go_Cats
06-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Howe many times are you guys going to say "Ben was a rookie" on and on again? Ben just had to do "ok" in the playoffs,,,,,, pass for like 180 yds with few mistakes and he couldn't even do that

LambertIsGod58
06-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Cats, you really need to learn the game a bit more. I have only read your first few posts and realize you let your biases rule what you post on this board. Your messages obviously don't come from your knowledge of the game. Ever hear of Joe Montana? He was a third round pick. Their position in the draft means nothing. Palmer has not proven anything to me. And I don't think he ever will. Roethlisberger had a great season. He won ball games. He may not have lit the stats up, but he led his team. Alot more than most rookies can handle....Better than Rosey Palmer!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
06-17-2005, 06:23 PM
he most certainly did do more than that all year.. and we wouldnt have to preface the arguments w/ he was a rookie, if you would just see the light and realize he had a great year, a historic year,..yes he fell short..but thats where the rookie comes in.. overwhelmed, exhausted, just like every other rookie is after all those games in their first year.. but he's a QB, so he's in the limelight alot more than many others are.

meanjoe75
06-17-2005, 06:30 PM
This guy is a Moron plain and simple calling Ben a choker after his rookie year. What a dumbass

hardwork
06-17-2005, 06:49 PM
"The team got beat. It starts with the D. Ben was a rookie---"

Lol, and Ben was a rookie.

Look, you'd have to be deaf, dumb, and blind, not to realize that Roethlisberger had a great rookie season. And I agree with you that the rest of your team, and the coach, have more to answer for then Roethlisberger does. Brady has thrown an interception in a big game. It happens.

"name the last rookie QB to bring his team to the SB?"

Has that been done?

Prosdo
06-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Cleve, I hear ya.

Prosdo, I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting, for the camps to open up. I'm ready, lets get this season rolling.

Go Cats, I'm a Patriots fan. If notice my Location is Boston. No real Bostonian would be a Steeler fan. They only think they're God, we know we're God.

You and me both. You heading to the Pats camp this summer? I'm suppose to go to the Steelers camp for a couple days.

Go_Cats
06-17-2005, 06:52 PM
He had, an ok season, remember Trent Dilfer had the highest rating in the league back in 97, with very little running game and worse recievers, all because he only had to throw the ball as much as big ben :checkit:

clevestinks
06-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Go Cats = Retard

I pose the question again, what does anyone from Cincy know about playoff football?

Nibble , Nibble one step at a time. Ben has already played more playoff games in one season than the shitty bungles have played in ten years, It isn`t just about Ben, its wins and losses. We win more than we lose. You win shit.

Go_Cats
06-17-2005, 07:51 PM
I would rather lose, and get high draft picks like Palmer, P-Dub, Levi and Perry than go to the playoffs and lay down like a good dog

clevestinks
06-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Well then you got your wish, you lose better than any other team in the league. Once again once a loser always a loser.

Go_Cats
06-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Speaking of losers who had the better record b4 last year?

clevestinks
06-17-2005, 08:05 PM
I`m only in my 30`s I can`t really speak for the Steelers since 1933. From a very young age, as far back as I can remember. The Steelers have always put great teams on the field. Winning seasons every year? Of course not. But the Rooneys seldom hit rock bottom, and when we do go through a missed playoff season, we continue to rebound very quickly. We are so fortunate to have the Rooney family as owners. They would never let us down for 10 years straight.

hardwork
06-17-2005, 08:06 PM
"You heading to the Pats camp this summer?"

I hope to get there. I haven't been in a couple of years. I used to go down with my brother, but he passed away, and I haven't been since.

I just want to see how this year is going to shake out for us. Who we're going have ready, etc. We've got some guys coming back from IR that hopefully will help us out. And we've got major linebacker problems that I'd like to see get resolved in some fashion. Although that may not shake out 'till we're 5 or 6 games into the season.

bengalsfan21
06-17-2005, 08:09 PM
I`m only in my 30`s I can`t really speak for the Steelers since 1933. From a very young age, as far back as I can remember. The Steelers have always put great teams on the field. Winning seasons every year? Of course not. But the Rooneys seldom hit rock bottom, and when we do go through a missed playoff season, we continue to rebound very quickly. We are so fortunate to have the Rooney family as owners. They would never let us down for 10 years straight.

Exactly what I was saying, the bengals hasn't had great owners since Paul Brown died, since Mike Brown took over he didn't want to pay anyone to come in but now that we got Marvin in there he has lightened up with his money. I am not saying the bengals are the best but they are contenders and they are the team to watch for this season and as long as we got Marvin.

figg
06-17-2005, 08:10 PM
"The team got beat. It starts with the D. Ben was a rookie---"

Lol, and Ben was a rookie.

Look, you'd have to be deaf, dumb, and blind, not to realize that Roethlisberger had a great rookie season. And I agree with you that the rest of your team, and the coach, have more to answer for then Roethlisberger does. Brady has thrown an interception in a big game. It happens.

"name the last rookie QB to bring his team to the SB?"

Has that been done?

no it hasnt

clevestinks
06-17-2005, 08:11 PM
In all honesty I am a Marvin Lewis fan, somewhat. I always root for the Pittsburgh natives. I think Cinci got it right when they hired him. Cleveland I think made a mistke hiring an older coach. No offense to Romeo.

Prosdo
06-17-2005, 08:12 PM
"You heading to the Pats camp this summer?"

I hope to get there. I haven't been in a couple of years. I used to go down with my brother, but he passed away, and I haven't been since.

I just want to see how this year is going to shake out for us. Who we're going have ready, etc. We've got some guys coming back from IR that hopefully will help us out. And we've got major linebacker problems that I'd like to see get resolved in some fashion. Although that may not shake out 'till we're 5 or 6 games into the season.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Hopefully you will go. I know I haven't been to the Steelers in a few years. It was always a blast. Never get over how HUGE some of those guys are lol. If you go hope you have fun.

bengalsfan21
06-17-2005, 08:13 PM
But just for the record anything I post I will use fact or some kind of reasoning, my first post was just me being stupid, well second post.
When I say anything negative about Ben it is bc I don't see how you can say he is the greatest when he only through the ball 192 times, if he would have thrown 400+ like Palmer do you honestly think he would have as good of a rating?.

Prosdo
06-17-2005, 08:16 PM
But just for the record anything I post I will use fact or some kind of reasoning, my first post was just me being stupid, well second post.
When I say anything negative about Ben it is bc I don't see how you can say he is the greatest when he only through the ball 192 times, if he would have thrown 400+ like Palmer do you honestly think he would have as good of a rating?.

Hey as long as you have facts or reasoning we don't mind. We are always up for a good debate.

clevestinks
06-17-2005, 08:17 PM
I know that I`ve never said greatest, that would be Terry Bradshaw. But after years of Malone, Brister, Tomszak, Stewart, he is our best , and best hope in along time. And A huge thing, he does have the respect of his teammates, that is big

bengalsfan21
06-17-2005, 08:19 PM
I know that I`ve never said greatest, that would be Terry Bradshaw. But after years of Malone, Brister, Tomszak, Stewart, he is our best , and best hope in along time. And A huge thing, he does have the respect of his teammates, that is big

I agree I just hope he don't end up another Ryan Leaf that would be bad. I wish him luck and I hope he succeeds but I want palmer to succeed as well.

Prosdo
06-17-2005, 08:22 PM

I remember the Kordell Era. Ugh what a crappy era that was. Ben is definitely making things look up in the QB position.

clevestinks
06-17-2005, 08:22 PM
I hear ya. I just hope Palmer doesn`t suceed against us! LOL I`m sure you feel the same

BlitzburghRockCity
06-18-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by clevestinks

OH man cleve..ur killin me here.. Brister!! Malone, hell dont forget Cliff Stoudt and David woodley while your at it! ugh!!

And I agree, if Ben doesnt inspire hope and confidence for the future, nobody will.

bigbensgirl7
06-18-2005, 11:20 AM

I don't think any of us think Ben is the greatest, but he is so far the best QB WE have had in a while. The Steelers are a team that doesn't rely on one player...they pride themselves in surrounding a qb with a great team. I, for one, am glad Ben has a backfield as good as ours and is not forced to get the job done all by himself. I love Steelers football, we wear out opposing defense by running all over them, and control the clock. Not to mention, our defense does it's job and doesn't usually put that added pressure on our offense to have to score a ton just to win. I'm sorry, but I would rather have a team that works together and wins rather than a team that relys to much on one player to make the difference in a game (and that is dangerous, considering that's when Palmer has been known to make crucial mistakes-and Ben seems to play his best (yes, with the exception of the Pats game))

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 11:32 AM
I don't think any of us think Ben is the greatest, but he is so far the best QB WE have had in a while. The Steelers are a team that doesn't rely on one player...they pride themselves in surrounding a qb with a great team. I, for one, am glad Ben has a backfield as good as ours and is not forced to get the job done all by himself. I love Steelers football, we wear out opposing defense by running all over them, and control the clock. Not to mention, our defense does it's job and doesn't usually put that added pressure on our offense to have to score a ton just to win. I'm sorry, but I would rather have a team that works together and wins rather than a team that relys to much on one player to make the difference in a game (and that is dangerous, considering that's when Palmer has been known to make crucial mistakes-and Ben seems to play his best (yes, with the exception of the Pats game))

I agree he is surrounded by great players and your defense is good, but I think this season the bengals are the ones on the rise we have a great running back and a great set of recievers. Plus another thing I have noticed watching the practices we have coaches that get involved and get out there on the field and run the plays with the players until they get it done. And I just want to go on record saying I would rather have Rudi Johnson as our back then any other in the league, he is going to take alot of preasure off of Palmer and he will also make the ratbirds 46 D look like its a crappy formation.

bigbensgirl7
06-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Ok, Bengalfan...first off I just want to ask you why. I live in Dayton, OH...EVERY YEAR I hear how awesome and improved your team is going to be, then come mid season reality starts setting in and I can hardly find 10 people who even claim to be Bengal fans. I'm not saying that I don't think this is going to be a better improved season, and that you guys are on the way up...but please tell me how this year is going to be any different from the last 10 years I have been hearing this???

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Ok, Bengalfan...first off I just want to ask you why. I live in Dayton, OH...EVERY YEAR I hear how awesome and improved your team is going to be, then come mid season reality starts setting in and I can hardly find 10 people who even claim to be Bengal fans. I'm not saying that I don't think this is going to be a better improved season, and that you guys are on the way up...but please tell me how this year is going to be any different from the last 10 years I have been hearing this???

1st. Marvin Lewis takes a 2-14 team and turns it into an 8-8 season which is good.
2nd he takes an injury prone team and gets them to an 8-8 when we should have had a worst record.
3rd. He has had 2 great drafts no akili smiths or kijana carters(thank God)
and 4th. They have the support of the whole city last year every game was sold out and this year half the stadium is sold out to season ticket holders(me being one). I have been a fan for quite a while and honestly I am just now seeing the improvement that will get us in the playoffs. I am not saying we are winning a superbowl but I am saying we are in the playoffs, as qouted by John Thorton "from what I understand our offense is already in the playoffs waiting for us".
I think with the drafting of Pollack and Thurman it will be a big improvement.
I do want to kind of take back the whole draft bust thing I didn't agree with the drafting of Chris Perry who seems to be injury prone. He seems to be our Ken Griffey of football.

clevestinks
06-18-2005, 04:34 PM
An injury prone team? That means you should be expecting the same injury prone players to be injured again, doesn`t it?

Let me educate you on the Steelers. Injuries, shouldn`t be an excuse! Casey Hampton, AllPro NT out. Duce Staley missed 6 games on and off, Kendrell Bell all pro, out for most of the season. Kendall Simmons out for season starting OL, starting WR Plax Burress, 3 games, All pro Joey Porter suspended 1 game, kicking William greens ass. Chad Scott 11 games starting CB. Big Ben came in for injured starter Tommy Maddox. Shall we continue. Here is a small list of our injuries from last season. 4 or 5 probowlers. End result 15-1. Good teams deal with the injured.

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 04:44 PM
An injury prone team? That means you should be expecting the same injury prone players to be injured again, doesn`t it?

Let me educate you on the Steelers. Injuries, shouldn`t be an excuse! Casey Hampton, AllPro NT out. Duce Staley missed 6 games on and off, Kendrell Bell all pro, out for most of the season. Kendall Simmons out for season starting OL, starting WR Plax Burress, 3 games, All pro Joey Porter suspended 1 game, kicking William greens ass. Chad Scott 11 games starting CB. Big Ben came in for injured starter Tommy Maddox. Shall we continue. Here is a small list of our injuries from last season. 4 or 5 probowlers. End result 15-1. Good teams deal with the injured.

Pretty much I don't count on p-dub coming back healthy or nate webster

BlitzburghRockCity
06-18-2005, 06:17 PM
There is no one in the league last year that had the depth that we had. Every single man on that 53 man roster contributed in a significant fashion thoughout the season. We needed every last one of them at some point. Credit our coaches and front office for having the depth there and talented, quality depth at that!

clevestinks
06-18-2005, 06:24 PM
There is no one in the league last year that had the depth that we had. Every single man on that 53 man roster contributed in a significant fashion thoughout the season. We needed every last one of them at some point. Credit our coaches and front office for having the depth there and talented, quality depth at that!
Couldn`t have said it better myself. LOL

bigbensgirl7
06-19-2005, 08:34 AM
You guys are exactly right there...that injury excuse is an excuse for losers...winners overcome it (and well I would say finishing 15-1 winning)!

bengalsfan21
06-19-2005, 08:36 AM
You guys are exactly right there...that injury excuse is an excuse for losers...winners overcome it (and well I would say finishing 15-1 winning)!

Hey now your forgetting all of our back ups were rookies at the time, it's hard to produce a winning team from alot of rookies.

bigbensgirl7
06-19-2005, 08:41 AM
Hey I'm not just singeling out the Bengals here! We heard a lot of that last year..."well the only reason you beat us was :blah: was hurt". YOu guys aren't the only ones that used that excuse against us...but the bottome line is in every one of those vicories we had injuries too...hell the only reason Ben played was because of Maddox and Batch being injured. When Duce went out...everyone was saying Bettis wouldn't be able to carry the load...and we all know he did! The list goes on and on...but it was a general comment about using injuries as an excuse for losing!

bigbensgirl7
06-19-2005, 08:43 AM
oops...posted it twice

bengalsfan21
06-19-2005, 08:44 AM
Hey I'm not just singeling out the Bengals here! We heard a lot of that last year..."well the only reason you beat us was :blah: was hurt". YOu guys aren't the only ones that used that excuse against us...but the bottome line is in every one of those vicories we had injuries too...hell the only reason Ben played was because of Maddox and Batch being injured. When Duce went out...everyone was saying Bettis wouldn't be able to carry the load...and we all know he did! The list goes on and on...but it was a general comment about using injuries as an excuse for losing!

I didn't say you neat us bc of injuries I said we produced another 8-8 bc of them. And Bettis not being able to carry the load is ludacris he might be getting up there in age but he will always be one of the best backs in my opinion.

bigbensgirl7
06-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Every one ws saying that Bettis wouldn't be able to do it because he's old and injured. I knew that was a bunch of crap and I had complete faith in him...but that's what we are talking about...you need depth!

bengalsfan21
06-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Every one ws saying that Bettis wouldn't be able to do it because he's old and injured. I knew that was a bunch of crap and I had complete faith in him...but that's what we are talking about...you need depth!

Yeah and the sad thing is if Rudi goes down we only have Chris Perry. :o

Go_Cats
06-19-2005, 12:07 PM
I think Perry is going to have a coming out year just like LJ did in KC, both had bad rookie years, but Perry just needs to stay healthy this year. He's a good back just as long as the defense isn't wearing USC jerseys :checkit:

bengalsfan21
06-19-2005, 12:16 PM
I think Perry is going to have a coming out year just like LJ did in KC, both had bad rookie years, but Perry just needs to stay healthy this year. He's a good back just as long as the defense isn't wearing USC jerseys :checkit:

screw Perry, Rudi Rudi Rudi.......We are supposed to agree not disagree

bigbensgirl7
06-19-2005, 12:27 PM
From what I have seen from Cats, I don't know how anyone can agree with his comments!!!

Mean Machine
06-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Listen to this puke try and rip on the Black and Gold. When was last time Bungles won anything? I think it was 1990, right?

LMFAO at Bungle! Who Dey, Who Dey! LMFAO! We always own them!

bengalsfan21
06-19-2005, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE=bigbensgirl7]From what I have seen from Cats, I don't know how anyone can agree with his comments!!![/QUOTE

Hey cats is a pretty cool guy once you get to know him. He challenged me in Madden so I gotta put a whippin to him soon, your next cats 500 yards rushing on you.

hardwork
06-19-2005, 01:46 PM
"There is no one in the league last year that had the depth that we had."

LOL. Please, you guys don't know what depth is.

bigbensgirl7
06-19-2005, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=bigbensgirl7]From what I have seen from Cats, I don't know how anyone can agree with his comments!!![/QUOTE

Hey cats is a pretty cool guy once you get to know him. He challenged me in Madden so I gotta put a whippin to him soon, your next cats 500 yards rushing on you.
I'll be rooting for you on that one...and I'll wait a little longer to pass judgement...but so far, he has proven nothing but he is "one of those" Bengal fans

bengalsfan21
06-19-2005, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=bengalsfan21]
I'll be rooting for you on that one...and I'll wait a little longer to pass judgement...but so far, he has proven nothing but he is "one of those" Bengal fans

Uh oh now I got a cheerleader your in trouble cats, he might come off as "one of those" fans but what fan doesn't. Once you get to know him he is a really cool guy.

clevestinks
06-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Bengals fan??? Are you sure your not Steelers Fan. 105 post in your first 48 hours! You may have a record? You must love talkin Steelers football.

bengalsfan21
06-19-2005, 07:12 PM
Bengals fan??? Are you sure your not Steelers Fan. 105 post in your first 48 hours! You may have a record? You must love talkin Steelers football.

Lol now I feel like you don't want me here, I guess i'll go back to bengalville. :o

clevestinks
06-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Lol now I feel like you don't want me here, I guess i'll go back to bengalville. :o
Thats not what I said. I don`t care if you stay, you seem alright to me????? But hey what do I know?

bengalsfan21
06-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Thats not what I said. I don`t care if you stay, you seem alright to me????? But hey what do I know?

I am just trying to be an upstanding forum poster

BlitzburghRockCity
06-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Thats all we ask.. post w/ intelligence and have fun! thats what were all about..and besides, what fun is the blast furnace w/out enemy posters!!

clevestinks
06-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Your post are twice as interesting and way more intelligent than Go Cats! He is just plain dumb.

Prosdo
06-22-2005, 12:30 AM
Thats all we ask.. post w/ intelligence and have fun! thats what were all about..and besides, what fun is the blast furnace w/out enemy posters!!

Very true. New members who bring football knowledge and can debate are great. You may be from another team, but you're posts have facts and knowledge in them. I can always appreciate that.

bengalsfan21
06-22-2005, 02:47 AM
Very true. New members who bring football knowledge and can debate are great. You may be from another team, but you're posts have facts and knowledge in them. I can always appreciate that.

I feel the love....So when is my official welcoming party....I am on borrowed time on cincybengals since someone on here told them I spent alot of time over here in the enemies camp...I will not tell anyone it was you bigben2ward since you made me a badd ass sig. :D

Go_Cats
09-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Did you see how that choker did today figg?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-25-2005, 07:29 PM
i think ben played a fine game tonight
and he stayed calm as he tied the game tonighgt
kick off coverage was poor

Livinginthe past
09-25-2005, 07:37 PM
i think ben played a fine game tonight
and he stayed calm as he tied the game tonighgt
kick off coverage was poor

Ben played like a rookie tonight - he had only one pass of any real significance - apart from that Zilcho!

He is too easily panicked into scrambling - another Mick Vick maybe - and trys to make throws whilst throwing - he got lucky with those tonight.

Wille Parker is probably still learning the same as Big Ben - they are way from their peaks yet.

Pittsburgh will still be too good for a alot of teams -esp at home - im expecting a playoff appearnce by the Steelers again this year.

Cheers

NM

Koopa
09-25-2005, 07:49 PM
big ben's not the choker, cowher coaching in a big game and randle el are the chockers

jerbear
09-25-2005, 07:51 PM
living in the past, sorry about at the other post, just pissed at the game. i mean, here i am sitting on the couch watching the game, and no matter how bad the patriots looked at times(i.e. fumbles), the commentators hhad nothing but good things to say. it just is frustrating when you are a die hard STEELERS fan and when you do something good against the PATS, it goes unrecognized.

Livinginthe past
09-25-2005, 08:22 PM
living in the past, sorry about at the other post, just pissed at the game. i mean, here i am sitting on the couch watching the game, and no matter how bad the patriots looked at times(i.e. fumbles), the commentators hhad nothing but good things to say. it just is frustrating when you are a die hard STEELERS fan and when you do something good against the PATS, it goes unrecognized.

Hey no biggie,

I know its hard when you a powerless fan watching on the box - im doing all the jumping and fist pumping for them!

If we lost we would have some medecine to take ourselves - thats the nature of the rivalry we have.

Playoffs for the both of us I think.

Cheers

NM

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-25-2005, 10:35 PM
okay i admit,
i too blamed EL for a while tonight but it was only one play, ya it was big but pats turned the ball over too,
Ben did good, i believe he went through the entire game as well as 3 weeks now without an interception. Thats pretty good. Im sure for the next 2 weeks we will be hearing that tonights game is the start of Bens "sophmore slump" but i say screw that. Ben still had a good game. 2 td.
We should have handed off at the goal line on that touchdown and ran some time off the clock.

Koopa
09-25-2005, 10:54 PM
but at least the pats turnovers were forced, el had no reason to do what he did

hardwork
09-25-2005, 10:58 PM
jerbear

The commentators get on a roll. They go with the best story, who's doing what for them lately, etc. You know how it is. They are the ultimate fair weather friends.

Do you have any idea what we've gone through over the years here in New England? Shit, we were lucky to get a monday night game once every 5 years. Gifford, Cosell, and that crowd, complained if they had to come here. "What? We have to go to New England and do a Patriots game?" Every time Cosell came here he'd say the same thing. "When is this team going to get a QB?"

Now, he'd be slitting his wrist to get here.

So, screw all those TV commentators.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2005, 11:01 PM
You know this whole El thing is completely getting old. Do you think the steelers and the coaches are solely blaming him for the loss ??? NO WAY !! all 11 players on offense didnt do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Jeebus man, we lost as a team, no one person lost it for us!!