PDA

View Full Version : QB must be addressed in the offseason

tburhans
11-25-2012, 08:17 PM
After watching Byron and Charlie give away the last two games for us there has to be something done in the draft/offseason to get a backup qb who can manage a game or two if needed. Kaepernick is 2-0 and tearing it up for the niners. Steelers must either use a later round draft pick on somebody or bring in some free agent on a qb that can actually move around. These statue quarterbacks who sit in the pocket and hold the ball until they get sacked isnt going to win us any games with Ben out this year or any other year

cbrunn
11-25-2012, 11:48 PM
After watching Byron and Charlie give away the last two games for us there has to be something done in the draft/offseason to get a backup qb who can manage a game or two if needed. Kaepernick is 2-0 and tearing it up for the niners. Steelers must either use a later round draft pick on somebody or bring in some free agent on a qb that can actually move around. These statue quarterbacks who sit in the pocket and hold the ball until they get sacked isnt going to win us any games with Ben out this year or any other year

They had Denis Dixon and let him go because he wanted to start ... so when nobody picked him up why isn't he back??

They had Josh Johnson on the team this year and let him go ... he's way better then Lefty or Batch ... Bad General Managing

tburhans
11-26-2012, 08:48 AM
They tried to resign dixon but he's on the ravens practice squad. I don't know where johnson is but I would like to see him back. And if they aren't bringing him back then we'll have to find a competent backup via the draft or free agency

BKAnthem
12-01-2012, 07:02 PM
They need a QB coach..

SteelersCanada
12-01-2012, 07:06 PM
It really doesn't. This isn't a strong quarterback class - not even close. Keep Hoyer and sign a younger guy, or Vick. The FA pool is actually deeper right now than the draft class this year, and it would be best for us to keep Hoyer around with a younger guy (Jerrod Johnson anyone?).

MDSteel15
12-03-2012, 02:15 PM
It really doesn't. This isn't a strong quarterback class - not even close. Keep Hoyer and sign a younger guy, or Vick. The FA pool is actually deeper right now than the draft class this year, and it would be best for us to keep Hoyer around with a younger guy (Jerrod Johnson anyone?).

You had me until you put Vick in the conversation! :banging:

Bayz101
12-03-2012, 03:09 PM
You had me until you put Vick in the conversation! :banging:

Vick? He's older than Ben, if i'm not mistaken. Not sure what he meant by "young".

SteelersCanada
12-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Vick? He's older than Ben, if i'm not mistaken. Not sure what he meant by "young".

'... younger guy, or Vick.'

I'd take Vick over any quarterback in the draft class passed the first round this year.

harrison'samonster
12-03-2012, 08:45 PM
no vick never. do you know that dog fighters steal family pets to see if their fighting dogs will kill without hesitation?

SteelersCanada
12-03-2012, 09:06 PM
no vick never. do you know that dog fighters steal family pets to see if their fighting dogs will kill without hesitation?

He paid his debt to society. He's now just a quarterback like anyone else - just not a starting one.

MDSteel15
12-05-2012, 10:00 AM
He paid his debt to society. He's now just a quarterback like anyone else - just not a starting one.

And he is not a good QB at all! :wave:

harrison'samonster
12-06-2012, 06:46 PM
He paid his debt to society.

that means nothing to me.

You say you'll take him, fine. It's an honest opinion, and you're welcome to it.

However, I'd never root for him even if he was wearing black and gold. I'd hope he breaks a leg on every play, and then the Steelers can move on.