PDA

View Full Version : Are you ****ing kidding me?

The_Joker
11-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Some of you people want to fire Mike Tomlin?

He's been to two Super Bowls in 6 years coaching, and we've only lost two games in a row.

Not helping the spoiled Steelers fan stereotype.

Calm down or find another team, Tomlin is going nowhere.

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Some of you people want to fire Mike Tomlin?

He's been to two Super Bowls in 6 years coaching, and we've only lost two games in a row.

Not helping the spoiled Steelers fan stereotype.

Calm down or find another team, Tomlin is going nowhere.

Tomlin, is that you? Lol - you're right, even if this gets rolled under the vent thread :flap:

Fire Arians
11-26-2012, 01:22 PM
too many injuries and no big ben, tbh the cleveland game wasn't much of a surprise to me.

after this game though, it makes me wonder if we need a RB more than anything else to be addressed in the draft. dwyer / redman are average at best, rainey is too small to take more than 5 carries in a game, and mendenhall hasn't panned out like we all hoped. could you imagine how scary of a offense we'd have if we had someone like ray rice or marshawn lynch behind ben? oh man

Hawaii 5-0
11-26-2012, 01:24 PM
too many injuries and no big ben, tbh the cleveland game wasn't much of a surprise to me.

after this game though, it makes me wonder if we need a RB more than anything else to be addressed in the draft

you can certainly add RB to the list of S, LB, and NT.

The_Joker
11-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Or we sign MJD in FA ;)

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 01:25 PM
is Ray Rice up for being a traitor? :chuckle:

Hawaii 5-0
11-26-2012, 01:26 PM
is Ray Rice up for being a traitor? :chuckle:

we could have drafted Ray Rice instead of Mendenhall in the 2008 draft...:banging:

SteelersCanada
11-26-2012, 01:28 PM
we could have drafted Ray Rice instead of Mendenhall in the 2008 draft...:banging:

If you go back and look at who we could have had, you'll drive yourself crazy. Chancellor, Tuck, Rice, etc.

People on here like to put a face and name to the problems in Pittsburgh and blaming the head coach is easy. It's really as simple as that.

Fire Arians
11-26-2012, 01:30 PM

I was hoping spence could come back from his injury and be the guy at LB.

depending what happens with taamu and the law, we might be ok at NT.

Safety definitely but I do think Mundy and Allen (more so Allen) have stepped it up a notch. The real question is, is there any way to replace all-world safety Troy Polamalu? Not really. The defense will have to adjust to not having a once in a generation type of player at the SS position.

ILB can be covered if spence can rehab from his injury, NT all depends on what happens with taamu.

RB there's nobody that shows enough promise to be a season long starter. Redman is my favorite out of the bunch, but he's more of a situational power back than a feature back.

Terminator
11-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Spence is way too goddamn small to be an effective LB. I honestly don't know WTF the deal with him is.

Also, take a look at this:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17xojofa59riljpg/original.jpg

He is never going to be the same.

The_Joker
11-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Who're some big money RB's going in FA? I'd like Alfred Morris, but the Skins have him for atleast 3 more years.

Also, why count out Troy yet? He gets healthy and he's got a few more years left.

lardlad
11-26-2012, 01:35 PM
I am actually more worried about the RB situation rather than the QB's. if we had a strong run game, we could go a couple games without Ben.

Lokki
11-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Did he step on his own foot? Herp Derp

PhantomJB93
11-26-2012, 01:50 PM
I think people are jumping on Tomlin because there's no other scapegoat. Arians is gone and before Ben's injury our offense is fine so you can't really put blame on Haley. The defense is #1 and playing out of their minds even without Troy so no blame there. The offense right now is pretty much the source of our problems but we're missing both starting guards, a starting tackle, starting wide receiver, and of course our starting at backup QBs, so it's pretty much the unit you'd see in the third quarter of preseason week 2 and shouldn't be expected to do anything anyway.

Tomlin makes some questionable in-game decisions but he's still a top 5 coach and it's not even close. His personality and attitude might be more important to this team, especially right now, than his coaching decisions anyway.

AgentGold007
Tomlin wasn't out there fumbling the football and throwing interceptions.

desertsteel

after this game though, it makes me wonder if we need a RB more than anything else to be addressed in the draft. dwyer / redman are average at best, rainey is too small to take more than 5 carries in a game, and mendenhall hasn't panned out like we all hoped. could you imagine how scary of a offense we'd have if we had someone like ray rice or marshawn lynch behind ben? oh man

Who are the stud RBs in college football this year?

Ones that will be available with the 32nd pick? :applaudit:

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
11-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Who are the stud RBs in college football this year?

Ones that will be available with the 32nd pick? :applaudit:

Its a deep class for RBs this year, so maybe we dont have to waste a 1st round pick on a RB

3rdandlong
11-26-2012, 02:01 PM
I really think we win in spite of Tomlin.

There's a lot to coaching. It's not just what you see on gameday. Maybe he's a good coach in the areas that I can't see, but what I see on gameday leaves a lot to be desired

cubanstogie
11-26-2012, 02:07 PM
I think people are jumping on Tomlin because there's no other scapegoat. Arians is gone and before Ben's injury our offense is fine so you can't really put blame on Haley. The defense is #1 and playing out of their minds even without Troy so no blame there. The offense right now is pretty much the source of our problems but we're missing both starting guards, a starting tackle, starting wide receiver, and of course our starting at backup QBs, so it's pretty much the unit you'd see in the third quarter of preseason week 2 and shouldn't be expected to do anything anyway.

Tomlin makes some questionable in-game decisions but he's still a top 5 coach and it's not even close. His personality and attitude might be more important to this team, especially right now, than his coaching decisions anyway.

Its the same issue that has been plaguing them for 5 years. O line is getting dominated, games won or lost in the trenches. Before I even say this, I would take Haley over BA. But he has the same issues BA had. No O line. Couldn't run and Ben would get clobbered. Now I will be the first to admit Haley's offense was better suited to save the QB. He made adjustments before season started. Running game is still inconsistent. You are correct IMO, BA not here so now Tomlin getting the brunt. I will blame the front office for not being pro active enough as far as drafting or signing offensive lineman. They were very reactive, Pouncey, DD, and Adams is a huge step in right direction. Unfortunately they were a little late to the dance.

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Its the same issue that has been plaguing them for 5 years. O line is getting dominated, games won or lost in the trenches. Before I even say this, I would take Haley over BA. But he has the same issues BA had. No O line. Couldn't run and Ben would get clobbered. Now I will be the first to admit Haley's offense was better suited to save the QB. He made adjustments before season started. Running game is still inconsistent. You are correct IMO, BA not here so now Tomlin getting the brunt. I will blame the front office for not being pro active enough as far as drafting or signing offensive lineman. They were very reactive, Pouncey, DD, and Adams is a huge step in right direction. Unfortunately they were a little late to the dance.

the real question is - what can the Steelers do to maximize their time with Ben at the helm?

desertsteel
11-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Its a deep class for RBs this year, so maybe we dont have to waste a 1st round pick on a RB

Like who? This is Walter Football's top 10. Anyone have a recommendation???

1. Joseph Randle*, RB, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2013): 1-2.

2. Giovanni Bernard**, RB, North Carolina
Height: 5-10. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Projected Round (2013): 1-2.

3. Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida
Height: 5-11. Weight: 209.
Projected 40 Time: 4.42.
Projected Round (2013): 2-3.

4. Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
Height: 5-10. Weight: 190.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.

5. Le'Veon Bell*, RB, Michigan State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 238.
Projected 40 Time: 4.63.

6. Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford
Height: 5-11. Weight: 208.
Projected 40 Time: 4.58.

7. Eddie Lacy*, RB, Alabama
Height: 6-0. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
Projected Round (2013): 2-4.

8. Knile Davis*, RB, Arkansas
Height: 6-1. Weight: 226.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Projected Round (2013): 3-4.

9. Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
Height: 5-11. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.

10. Rex Burkhead, RB, Nebraska
Height: 5-11. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.62.

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 02:19 PM
I really like Knile Davis meself

cubanstogie
11-26-2012, 02:19 PM
I have seen Bell a couple of times, impressive.

PhantomJB93
11-26-2012, 02:26 PM
I personally like Ellington and Ball. Ball didn't have the best season ever this year but I still don't get how he's ranked that low. He may have been a product of the "Wisconsin system" but you have to have SOME talent to but up those numbers.

Also,, I wouldn't be surprised to see no RB go in the first and maybe even not until later in the second. There aren't really any RB prospects that stand out this year. Lattimore was the only one.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
11-26-2012, 02:29 PM
between
Andre Ellington, Le'Veon Bell , Stepfan Taylor are Montee Ball they all fit our running style meaning tough nose football

SteelersCanada
11-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Kenjon Barner and Knile Davis, particularly Knile Davis.

These are Davis' 2010 stats:

CAR - 204
YRDS - 1322
AVG - 6.5
LNG - 71
TD - 13

REC - 19
YRDS (R) - 136
AVG - 7.2
LNG - 30
TD - 1

They're terrific. Over 1300 yards and 13 TDs playing for the Razorbacks behind an average line. However, in 2012, injuries caught up to him and he's playing behind a poor line. This has lead his stock to plummet, but he's the best RB in this draft class imo. He's worth a 4th, maybe 3rd round pick. If we can get him, he has franchise running back written all over him. Coupled with Rainey's speed and scat-back like qualities, those two would do very well together.

sloppyjoe
11-26-2012, 02:50 PM
can the tomlin supports tell me what he does to make him a top 5 coach?

SteelersCanada
11-26-2012, 02:52 PM

It's not up to us to prove that he is - what makes him not a good coach? I'd love to hear the argument you make.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
11-26-2012, 02:52 PM

well who's your top 5 coaches?

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Top 5 NFL coaches (as of right now)

5. Kubiak (woulda put Saints coach if not for his absence)
4. McCarthy
3. Tomlin
2. Coughlin
1. Belicheat

desertsteel
11-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Kubiak? Really? Would you please remind me of how many playoff wins he has?

SteelersCanada
11-26-2012, 03:47 PM
People think that regular season success translates into post season success.

Houston and San Francisco are going out in the second round, assuming they get their bye. Mediocre quarterbacks with terrible secondaries don't win playoff games, sorry.

TRH
11-26-2012, 04:42 PM
yeah - its ridiculous the ragging on Tomlin stuff.
It's getting to the point that i wont' even open up threads that mentions "fire" and "Tomlin" in the same sentence. It's completely delusional and ridiculous.

AndyWitmyer
11-26-2012, 04:53 PM
The Rooney's don't throw away their coaches - if they did, Cowher would have been gone long before his first and only Super Bowl win. Like any team, the Steelers have seasons of feasts and famines - the difference is that the Steelers are among the most consistently successful franchises in the league and have won 6 Super Bowls. A big reason for that success can be traced back to the emphasis on continuity - even in the face of adversity. Like it or not, Coach Tomlin will be around for as long as he chooses.

FrancoLambert
11-26-2012, 05:12 PM

That sounds like re-building!!

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-26-2012, 06:44 PM

Well, we can start with the most recent poll on NFL.COM that lists Tomlin as the coach players want to play for most out of the 32 head coaches in the NFL...

Players tend to want to work for a fair, successful, classy person who can win games. I'd say that is a good start. They didn't vote for Belicheck....

The_Joker
11-26-2012, 06:49 PM
He is a VERY good players coach, but he needs to be a friend AND a teacher, Kick some asses more when needed, Tommy.

jiminpa
11-26-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm one of the ones who doesn't think he's a very good head coach. Anyone who's honest has to admit that the defense has pretty much dragged this team to both Superbowls, and the less Tomlin has to do with the defense the better they are, and that's his strongest area. What's left? keeping Arians around after he proved himself the loser that anyone who knew anything about him already knew he was? Not addressing our oh so special teams issues for the sixth straight year? His gameday decisions that are on par with Arians's offensive decisions most of the time, (he's gotten good on deciding when to go for 4th and short)? His cliche of the month club membership? "Unleashing Hell"? I hope he proves me wrong, but he really hasn't.

teegre
11-26-2012, 10:46 PM
That sounds like re-building!!

Correction: reloading.

teegre
11-26-2012, 10:51 PM

[I posted this in one of the other twenty or so "Fire Tomlin" threads, but I never seem to get any answers. I'll try again, since you asked.]

I have a question for all of those who despise Tomlin.

Let's assume that Cowher is the better coach (I don't think he is better than Tomlin, but that is not the point of this post). Let's assume that Cowher is better... and go from there.

Cowher is better.
He is retired.
The Steelers need to hire someone... so, if it is not Tomlin, then with whom would you replace him?

Before you answer Nick Saban (or some other college coach), name the last college coach who was successful in the NFL. (My guess is that your answer will be Jimmy Johnson... who is an anomaly.) Sure, Jim Harbaugh has turned his team around, but he has ZERO championships. And, he is winning with "Singletary's guys"... right? So... who...??

If you want a coordinator... again I ask: Who???

The fact is, that even if Cowher was better, he is retired, and SOMEONE has to coach the Steelers.

Heck, you can have any coach in the NFL... who would you take over Tomlin: Belichick? Coughlin? But, even both of those are maybes, because just like Tomlin, neither of them won without an elite QB (number of SuperBowls for those coaches prior to Brady & Eli: ZERO).

Cowher was better. He is retired. And, so are Mel Blount & Rod Woodson.

Think about that analogy. Ike Taylor is no where near as good as Blount or Woodson... but, Ike has been pretty darn good. Who else would you have rather have had for the past nine seasons? Tillman... Asomugha... someone else?

In other words, maybe there are a few better coaches in the league, but then again, maybe there aren't.

More importantly, the past is the past... and has nothing to do with the present. Cowher was a better coach... so was Lombardi... and, so was Paul Brown. So, what exactly does that have to do with any current coach?

Fire Haley
11-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Fire Haley!

maddog78
11-27-2012, 07:57 AM
Harrison missed several games and is just now rounding into form. Woodley's missed a couple. Troy has missed all but one. Hampton took time to round into form after season ending knee surgery last year.

On offense, Ben has missed 2.5 games, Brown 3.5, DD all games, Pouncey one, Gilbert several, Adams and Colon just went down, all of the backs have been hurt at one time or another.

Philly is going through similar injury problems, and they just dropped their 7th straight to fall to 3-8. I can't think of many teams who would be much better than that given the same injuries the Steelers have suffered.

Tomlin's not perfect, but to date, he's helped this team weather the storm. Give him his star players and a playoff berth and see what happens.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Kubiak? Really? Would you please remind me of how many playoff wins he has?

i realize you take every opportunity to ride my jock

for me, every season is a failure if you don't win the super bowl - i don't judge by regular season success - if you pay any attention instead of looking for reasons to jump all over me - you'll see how much I criticize the Harbaughs and especially the one that likes to take mid season gatorade baths - i gave the Ravens fans on here plenty of crap leading up to last week's game

I put Kubiak on there because of the current improvement of the Texans over the last few seasons. He has really taken a mediocre QB in my opinion and coached him up. If you'd like - I'll give Phillips even more credit than Kubiak - without that D - they are an 7-9, 8-8 team. That organization has been able to do quite a bit in its short existence, and I think it has been better since replacing Dom Capers. The guy does have a nice resume, winning a few Super Bowls as an assistant coach with the 49ers and then O-coordinator with the Broncos. The guy isn't a slouch just because he hasn't won a Super Bowl.

Next time - why don't you actually contribute with your top 5 - I realize its a little harder to do that for you

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 08:06 AM
People think that regular season success translates into post season success.

Houston and San Francisco are going out in the second round, assuming they get their bye. Mediocre quarterbacks with terrible secondaries don't win playoff games, sorry.

whats your top 5 then smart guy? You and desertsteel seem to have a thing for calling out my responses (i get it - its easier to do that than put a logical opinion on here). I'd rather you just not respond to my posts at all if you cant carry on a debate or conversation without making assumptions about my posts. Actually think - are you capable of that?

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 08:32 AM
[I posted this in one of the other twenty or so "Fire Tomlin" threads, but I never seem to get any answers. I'll try again, since you asked.]

I have a question for all of those who despise Tomlin.

Let's assume that Cowher is the better coach (I don't think he is better than Tomlin, but that is not the point of this post). Let's assume that Cowher is better... and go from there.

Cowher is better.
He is retired.
The Steelers need to hire someone... so, if it is not Tomlin, then with whom would you replace him?

Before you answer Nick Saban (or some other college coach), name the last college coach who was successful in the NFL. (My guess is that your answer will be Jimmy Johnson... who is an anomaly.) Sure, Jim Harbaugh has turned his team around, but he has ZERO championships. And, he is winning with "Singletary's guys"... right? So... who...??

If you want a coordinator... again I ask: Who???

The fact is, that even if Cowher was better, he is retired, and SOMEONE has to coach the Steelers.

Heck, you can have any coach in the NFL... who would you take over Tomlin: Belichick? Coughlin? But, even both of those are maybes, because just like Tomlin, neither of them won without an elite QB (number of SuperBowls for those coaches prior to Brady & Eli: ZERO).

Cowher was better. He is retired. And, so are Mel Blount & Rod Woodson.

Think about that analogy. Ike Taylor is no where near as good as Blount or Woodson... but, Ike has been pretty darn good. Who else would you have rather have had for the past nine seasons? Tillman... Asomugha... someone else?

In other words, maybe there are a few better coaches in the league, but then again, maybe there aren't.

More importantly, the past is the past... and has nothing to do with the present. Cowher was a better coach... so was Lombardi... and, so was Paul Brown. So, what exactly does that have to do with any current coach?

I agree with you 100%. For me, the bigger question is - who is best suited to coach the Steelers? Ok - Belicheat is a better tactician than every coach in the NFL - I'll give you that - he can squeeze more blood from a turnip than anyone I've seen. Without Brady - that team falls apart like the Colts did last season. However - is someone like him or Coughlin "Steelers" material - was Whiz or Grimm over Tomlin? Apparently not - and Whiz can't hold Tomlin's jock in terms of HC'ing

sloppyjoe
11-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Well, we can start with the most recent poll on NFL.COM that lists Tomlin as the coach players want to play for most out of the 32 head coaches in the NFL...

Players tend to want to work for a fair, successful, classy person who can win games. I'd say that is a good start. They didn't vote for Belicheck....

that makes him a players favorite
if i was a player i probably would like to play for a coach that doesnt yell when i screw up, doesnt care if i put forth any effort, dont hold me accountable, have easy camps and practices and doesnt push me to be my best

sloppyjoe
11-27-2012, 08:57 AM
I agree with you 100%. For me, the bigger question is - who is best suited to coach the Steelers? Ok - Belicheat is a better tactician than every coach in the NFL - I'll give you that - he can squeeze more blood from a turnip than anyone I've seen. Without Brady - that team falls apart like the Colts did last season. However - is someone like him or Coughlin "Steelers" material - was Whiz or Grimm over Tomlin? Apparently not - and Whiz can't hold Tomlin's jock in terms of HC'ing

whiz would have as much or more success than tomlin if the 2 switched situations

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 09:04 AM
whiz would have as much or more success than tomlin if the 2 switched situations

and if Ben wasn't injured we'd be 8-3, guaranteed? Right?

tony hipchest
11-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Harrison missed several games and is just now rounding into form. Woodley's missed a couple. Troy has missed all but one. Hampton took time to round into form after season ending knee surgery last year.

On offense, Ben has missed 2.5 games, Brown 3.5, DD all games, Pouncey one, Gilbert several, Adams and Colon just went down, all of the backs have been hurt at one time or another.

Philly is going through similar injury problems, and they just dropped their 7th straight to fall to 3-8. I can't think of many teams who would be much better than that given the same injuries the Steelers have suffered.

Tomlin's not perfect, but to date, he's helped this team weather the storm. Give him his star players and a playoff berth and see what happens.exactly! :hatsoff:

refreshing to see a realistic take amidst all the panic and knee jerk blame. injuries DO matter and actually impact the game, despite "the standard being the standard".

teegre
11-27-2012, 06:50 PM
that makes him a players favorite
if i was a player i probably would like to play for a coach that doesnt yell when i screw up, doesnt care if i put forth any effort, dont hold me accountable, have easy camps and practices and doesnt push me to be my best

...doesn't demand that I use capitals, punctuation, grammar, and/or logic...

teegre
11-27-2012, 06:55 PM

Exactly.

Even "if" Tomlin is not better than Cowher (I think he's about even, with potential to be better)... with whom would the nay-sayers replace him?

It's akin to the people who were complaining about BB (remember that?) ... and then these nay-sayers quickly realized that the grass is greener over the septic tank.

I've asked several times, the same question, to no avail.

NAY: I hate Tomlin. Fire him!!!
TEE: With whom would you replace him?
NAY: He sucks!!!
TEE: What coach available would you take over Tomlin?
NAY: He looks lost; like a deer in headlights.
TEE: Okay, you can have any coach... which one would you take?
NAY: Tomlin sucks!!!
TEE: :: scratches head::
NAY: I'm going to create another thread about it!!!

sloppyjoe
11-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Exactly.

Even "if" Tomlin is not better than Cowher (I think he's about even, with potential to be better)... with whom would the nay-sayers replace him?

It's akin to the people who were complaining about BB (remember that?) ... and then these nay-sayers quickly realized that the grass is greener over the septic tank.

let me guess, you had tomlin on the top of your list when cowher quit right?:rofl:

teegre
11-28-2012, 04:55 PM
let me guess, you had tomlin on the top of your list when cowher quit right?:rofl:

Actually, yes.

He had the top rated defense in MINN... and I liked him quite a bit. Now, was he the "top" coaching prosepct... probably not. But, he was indeed on my list.

Who was on yours?
Wait... let me guess what your answer will be: Fire Tomlin!!!

FrancoLambert
11-28-2012, 05:10 PM
The idea of firing Tomlin is a joke.
Sure, it's easy to fire a guy..
But go ahead and find a replacement that's clearly an upgrade.

Buddha Bus
11-28-2012, 05:20 PM
The idea of firing Tomlin is a joke.
Sure, it's easy to fire a guy..
But go ahead and find a replacement that's clearly an upgrade.

Well, Bruce Arians is doing a swell job in Indy..... :couch:

:wink02:

jiminpa
11-28-2012, 10:07 PM
My issues with Tomlin are not about this year. I actually expected this to be a good year, and the things I blame him for this year would have been overcomable if not for the uncontrolables. I don't blame Tomlin any more for this year than for other down years of his tenure, or than I credit him for the years that the defense dragged the team to success.

6RingsAndCounting
11-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Gimme Le'Veon Bell.. You have to be a man to touch the ball 50 times in a game

steelfury02
11-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Exactly.

Yea, and I don't really want to hear about college coaches, who - 9/10 don't translate well into the professionals. These are grown men with overgrown egos - not mommy and daddy's kid on a scholarship anymore that coach can force to run till they puke. The reins are off these guys 100% - different monster to deal with. There was an article recently in the Bmore Sun about how the Ravens almost had a mutiny on their hands against Harbaugh after their Texans debacle - because he was going hard-ass meat grinder on them because of how "embarrassing" they were. These really aren't "the coaches players" for lack of a better phrase.

jrompola
11-29-2012, 09:34 AM
There is no way Tomlin should be fired. We are the Pittsburgh Steelers. We don't fire head coaches willy nilly. We implement a system and that system transitions to a winning tradition over time with every coach we've had thus far. 1 team wins the super bowl every year and there are 32 teams. Every other team that does not win the super bowl is a loser. Tomlin is a successful coach and things will turn around. I expect to be 10-6 or 9-7 and fighting for the 6th playoff spot. If we get in the playoffs and the team is healthy we can certainly go on a run and compete for a super bowl.

Tomlin has given this team a chance to win every game of the year. That is all any coaches can do. Its up to the players ultimately to win the game which they haven't done this year. You can give many opinions on why it is Tomlin's fault but all he can do is prepare the team and give them a chance to be in and win every ball game which he has.

sloppyjoe
11-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Actually, yes.

He had the top rated defense in MINN... and I liked him quite a bit. Now, was he the "top" coaching prosepct... probably not. But, he was indeed on my list.

Who was on yours?
Wait... let me guess what your answer will be: Fire Tomlin!!!

pleeeeaaaasse, you never even heard of the guy until the steelers announced they were bringing himk in for a talk. what a liar

Hawaii 5-0
11-29-2012, 04:46 PM
pleeeeaaaasse, you never even heard of the guy until the steelers announced they were bringing himk in for a talk. what a liar

Mike Tomlin was considered to be one of the top up and coming young assistant coaches in the NFL when the Steelers interviewed him.

teegre
11-29-2012, 06:35 PM

Uh... yes, I actually did.

He had an amazing defense in MINN. And, because of that, people were talking about him quite a bit. Maybe YOU had never heard of him, but you have also never heard of capitals and periods... so... you know...

tony hipchest
11-29-2012, 07:34 PM
lol...