PDA

View Full Version : Should Ben play hurt against the Ravens?

ETL
11-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Even if Ben is not 100% this Sunday against the Ravens, should he play?

My vote is that he should rest unless he is 100%. Just curious what the rest of Steeler Nation feel about this week.

teegre
11-26-2012, 10:28 PM

My vote is that he should rest unless he is 100%. Just curious what the rest of Steeler Nation feels about this week.

I agree with you 100% that BB should not play until he is 100%.

Lady Steel
11-26-2012, 10:28 PM

No.

Corey120120
11-26-2012, 10:34 PM
No. We need him later more then we do now.

maddog78
11-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Nobody on the team is 100%. Going by your rule, Brown will be out until next season, Harrison and Troy, too.

The real question is if he should play if there is significant risk of re-injury, and that one is for the team doctors.

Fire Arians
11-26-2012, 10:42 PM
if he's cleared by the doctors and not at significant risk to re-injure himself, then he's gotta play.

if not, sit.

with that said, if he's barely functional (like last season against SF where he could barely walk) sit the hell out.

teegre
11-26-2012, 10:44 PM
with that said, if he's barely functional (like last season against SF where he could barely walk) sit the hell out.

I agree 110% with that.

PhantomJB93
11-26-2012, 10:47 PM
It depends how hurt he is. If the rib injury is as healed as reports say and isn't a factor, and he can throw well enough through the shoulder pain, why not. If the rib is still a factor and could result in serious further injury, then no.

It's obvious Ben is the key to this season, and if he can play without risking TOO much further injury, I think he should, and he will. The rib is the one that is potentially career-ending and all recent reports say it's no risk anymore, although I don't know how much truth there is to that. I don't think his shoulder is going to be 100% again this season, and if it is it will probably be too late by that point. I'm no doctor but I don't think playing with that injured shoulder is going to mess him up beyond the immediate future. It might restrict some of his throws but I'll take that trade-off over throwing Batch or Hoyer out there many more times.

In short I'd take an 80% Ben over resting him for the season as long as there's no serious risk of damaging him beyond this season.

NSMaster56
11-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Lose the battle, win the war.

Sit Ben this week, finish 3-1 (or better) down the stretch and face B-More in the playoffs.

Besides, if Leftwich can give the Ravens a run for their money... granted, the Ravens will probably play better with HFA, but... Don't throw Ben to the wolves.

Now is not the time to 'show moxie'.

tony hipchest
11-26-2012, 11:34 PM
the ravens hate ben so bad that if there were a chance that he could potentially suffer a potentially life threatenning injury, they would be more than glad to see a player die on their field, and try to lay the licks to accommodate it.

im thinking "no"

MACH1
11-26-2012, 11:46 PM
the ravens hate ben so bad that if there were a chance that he could potentially suffer a potentially life threatenning injury, they would be more than glad to see a player die on their field, and try to lay the licks to accommodate it.

im thinking "no"

Exactly!

I wonder how much the bounty will be if he were to play.

teegre
11-26-2012, 11:49 PM

im thinking "no"

I mentioned something along this line of thinking (in one of the other "BB to play" threads).

The Ravens would send some scrub after BB. The scrub aims for BB's ribs (maybe even after the play is over); the scrub gets suspended (even kicked out of the league); and, the Steelers have no BB.

The Ravens lose a scrub; the Steelers lose their franchise player.

ETL
11-26-2012, 11:50 PM
if he's cleared by the doctors and not at significant risk to re-injure himself, then he's gotta play.

if not, sit.

"Re-injure"? I think that's a very hard call for any doctor to make when the nature of the sport is for people of size and speed to hit you as hard as possible.

One thing I know is that the more time you have to heal the less likely to "re-injure."

Sit him this week. He will probably not be 100% even the following week but that is a must win and this week isn't.

ETL
11-26-2012, 11:56 PM

im thinking "no"

You've got a good point. As far as the Ravens are concern, knocking out Ben for the rest of the season means that they won't have to face getting eliminated by the Steelers in the playoffs. I may be wrong but the Ravens are 0-4 against the Steelers in the playoffs.

As far as the Ravens are concerned, injuring Ben is more important to their Super Bowl hopes than winning this game.

tony hipchest
11-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Exactly!

I wonder how much the bounty will be if he were to play.

no money :nono:

for the player who kills ben, harbaugh has promised to carry their tray in the cafeteria lunchline for 2 days.

classy!

tony hipchest
11-27-2012, 12:00 AM
harbaugh has also vowed to sniff flaccos dirty game jock one more time than usual, infront of the team, if the ravens can have a steeler qb die on their field like a clubber in the streets after a SB party

Terminator
11-27-2012, 12:11 AM
As much as I want to say "no, keep him off the field", I can't.

I just can't deal with another Baltimore loss. 2 straight years of getting sweeped. We will never hear the end of it.

Hawaii 5-0
11-27-2012, 12:15 AM
I agree 110% with that.

put me down for 120% with that. :tt02:

The_Joker
11-27-2012, 02:47 AM

if not, sit.

This

Steelers>NFL
11-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Play the man. Because without him, Steelers struggle to win any games. Let alone get any offense going.
Time to part ways with both Lefty & Batch...

teegre
11-27-2012, 07:36 AM
put me down for 120% with that. :tt02:

I see your 120%, and raise you another 10%...

:wink02:

Fire Haley
11-27-2012, 07:50 AM
I have a feeling the Ravens will CLOBBER Tomlin's favorite uncle Charlie Batch behind a patchwork OL and then we get to watch Brian Hoyer in the second half., so let Ben sit.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 08:12 AM

im thinking "no"

that's what I was thinking - the Ravens will take any chance they can get to put as much of a hurtin' on this team as possible. I do think they just said on NFL AM that the injury couldn't be moved around any farther - and that the life threatening aspect is no longer a concern - just pain and discomfort

steelerzfannforever
11-27-2012, 08:16 AM
We are already 3 games behind the Rats. Ben should rest another week and then give it a run for the final stretch of games.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 08:25 AM
We are already 3 games behind the Rats. Ben should rest another week and then give it a run for the final stretch of games.

as I stated above - it sounds like its no longer life threatening - but I'm with you though - even if there is still a lot of pain and discomfort - don't put him out there - get to the last 4 games, and let's see what we can do.

Can you imagine if we pull out some kind of miracle in M&T? Longshot enough for ya? lol

Millers the sh!t
11-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Bench him this week, then bench him the rest of the season, cause it'll be over.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Bench him this week, then bench him the rest of the season, cause it'll be over.

oh, Come on Miller! You seemed more optimistic yesterday! The Bengals are gonna lose 1 more than us and the Colts will fall flat on their ass - let's keep that candle burning until we're truly eliminated!

FanSince72
11-27-2012, 08:34 AM
I say keep Ben on the sidelines.

We only lost by 3 points last time and may have won had Leftwich not taken himself out (at least as far as passing was concerned) by breaking his ribs on a needless dive into the end zone. I figure that after Batch demonstrated that his arm isn't the same anymore, Haley should be able to design a game plan to allow for that and with a solid showing from the defense, we have just as good a chance to win without Ben.

Even if Ben is "medically cleared", that usually doesn't mean 100% and to put him out there now just makes him a target and why risk ending his season (or worse)?

Terminator
11-27-2012, 08:35 AM

^^This

If Ben legitimately cannot play this weekend because of the injury, fine. Bench him and get better. But know that we are also benching the rest of the season.

If we lose to the Ravens again, we aren't making the playoffs. Period. Too many other teams will then be in our record neighborhood, and we still got some tough games left.

TRH
11-27-2012, 08:41 AM
depends on "how hurt" he is.
If he's 90%, i have no issue with him coming back. All Haley has to do is call all pass plays as quick slants and releases (dink and dunks), where he's getting rid of the ball within 2 seconds.
The problems will arise if he's allowed to just sit back in the pocket - which we don't want him to do. This can be fairly easy to accomodate.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 08:45 AM
depends on "how hurt" he is.
If he's 90%, i have no issue with him coming back. All Haley has to do is call all pass plays as quick slants and releases (dink and dunks), where he's getting rid of the ball within 2 seconds.
The problems will arise if he's allowed to just sit back in the pocket - which we don't want him to do. This can be fairly easy to accomodate.

that's hoping that Ben isn't too sore to get it out that quickly - that requires some quick motion

ETL
11-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Bengals will go 1-4 or 2-3. At best they go 3-2. Which means they are 9-7. If one of those losses are against us then they are finished

Miami will go 2-3 or 3-2 at best with two games left against the pats and one in candlestick. They are at best 8-8.

Tennessee can go 4-1 or 3-2 so at best they finish 8-8

Chargers can go 4-1 or 5-0. If they beat the Steelers they can finish 9-7 and the Steelers can finish with the same record if they lose to the Chargers and lose the tie breaker as well. That's why it was important for the chargers to lose to the ravens and it is important for the Steelers to beat the chargers in Heinz on 12/9.

At this point, the chargers are our only threat

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 09:39 AM
Bengals will go 1-4 or 2-3. At best they go 3-2. Which means they are 9-7. If one of those losses are against us then they are finished

Miami will go 2-3 or 3-2 at best with two games left against the pats and one in candlestick. They are at best 8-8.

Tennessee can go 4-1 or 3-2 so at best they finish 8-8

Chargers can go 4-1 or 5-0. If they beat the Steelers they can finish 9-7 and the Steelers can finish with the same record if they lose to the Chargers and lose the tie breaker as well. That's why it was important for the chargers to lose to the ravens and it is important for the Steelers to beat the chargers in Heinz on 12/9.

At this point, the chargers are our only threat

Da Chargers are heya
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/461/choppa-predator.gif

Darkstorm05
11-27-2012, 09:39 AM
Why is this even being questioned? The only way the Ravens game is even relevant is if we win out, and they go like 1-4 the rest of the way. There is no way in hell that happens, so we're wild card. And you would risk Ben for the season, maybe even his career, for that? No thanks.

ETL
11-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Why is this even being questioned? The only way the Ravens game is even relevant is if we win out, and they go like 1-4 the rest of the way. There is no way in hell that happens, so we're wild card. And you would risk Ben for the season, maybe even his career, for that? No thanks.

Agree with you 1000%

LVSteelersfan
11-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Sorry, but if he is healthy enough to play, he needs to play. We have 4 losses to AFC teams this year. We will lose every tiebreaker there is out there if we lose a 5th AFC game. If he doesn't play, the team is basically toast for the rest of the season any way. Might as well shut him down for the rest of the season to heal up completely.

LVSteelersfan
11-27-2012, 11:05 AM
People are crazy if they think the Bungles will go 1-4 in their last 5. They are on a roll and kicking butt. If we get beat by the Ratbirds again and the Bungles win this week we are officially third place, they are on a roll and will go all out to beat us when we play them again. Everyone seems to think that we can't lose against the Chargers, Cowboyrs, Bungles and Clowns. Sorry, but any one of those teams can easily have a good game and clean our clocks. I predict Dallas is going to have one of their huge games at home, we are going to suck on the road as usual, and they are going to kick our butt all over the field. If Ben can play, he has to play.

Rotorhead
11-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Well, it is very possible that Balty loses to Denver and NY. If we can pull off the upset, it is possible that Cincy is playing for their playoff lives and could pull off the upset. So it is not out of the realm of possibility (given how poorly/lucky the Ravens wins have come) to have them lose 4 of the next 5. It is unlikely, but maybe some of their luck can run out.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 11:14 AM
People are crazy if they think the Bungles will go 1-4 in their last 5. They are on a roll and kicking butt. If we get beat by the Ratbirds again and the Bungles win this week we are officially third place, they are on a roll and will go all out to beat us when we play them again. Everyone seems to think that we can't lose against the Chargers, Cowboyrs, Bungles and Clowns. Sorry, but any one of those teams can easily have a good game and clean our clocks. I predict Dallas is going to have one of their huge games at home, we are going to suck on the road as usual, and they are going to kick our butt all over the field. If Ben can play, he has to play.

I don't see the Bengals winning out. I see it coming down to our game with them and we WILL prevail.

I think we can afford to lose to Baltimore, but that's it. There is no guarantees that having Ben back will equal a victory. What if we lose AND he is toast? I'd rather save him for the last 4. But again, nothing is certain. Who knows what this team will be like even if Ben comes back. This team hasn't had a chance to gel since the 2010 season - even then we were rotating the O-line.

torpedoshell31
11-27-2012, 11:20 AM
"The Fan" reported this morning that tomorrow Ben is going to try and do some soft toss with the football. Only trying soft toss 4 days before playing the Ravens means that there is no chance he is going to play or should play.
Besides we have Charlie who throws "soft toss" for the entire game.

Rotorhead
11-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes, so he is going to start throwing the ball a bit, then head back to the doc to check if there is any damage. If he can take the discomfort and there is no damage, he will probably do a more intense workout tomorrow, see the doc guage from there. As long as he can throw it by sunday with no further damage and can manage the pain he will be out there. Its not like he needs an entire week of practice snaps. He knows the off, he knows the ravens def. so maybe!

desertsteel
11-27-2012, 11:59 AM
IMO, if there is no risk of further injury he should PLAY. Ben, like many QBs, will NEVER be 100%, even in the pre-season, much less the end of the season.

Ravens1
11-27-2012, 12:00 PM
no money :nono:

for the player who kills ben, harbaugh has promised to carry their tray in the cafeteria lunchline for 2 days.

classy!

Keeping eating that cheese goofball. Must suck being you.

Darkstorm05
11-27-2012, 12:12 PM
So we have people on here thinking the Bengals go 4-1 from here on? Seriously? Must be the first year a lot of these fans have followed the AFC North. That team is the undisputed champion of late season meltdowns.

whitty hutton
11-27-2012, 12:22 PM
I mentioned something along this line of thinking (in one of the other "BB to play" threads).

The Ravens would send some scrub after BB. The scrub aims for BB's ribs (maybe even after the play is over); the scrub gets suspended (even kicked out of the league); and, the Steelers have no BB.

The Ravens lose a scrub; the Steelers lose their franchise player.

SMH you really think that's what the Ravens are about?
If Ben gets hurt it's because he's getting hit hard as any player on any team from any Ravens player on any play

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 12:31 PM
If Ben gets hurt it's because he's getting hit hard as any player on any team from any Ravens player on any play

sure:toofunny:

Darkstorm05
11-27-2012, 12:59 PM

Let's list all the players Suggs has deliberately punched under the facemask instead of trying to tackle. I'll go first...

Ben Roethlisberger.

Your turn!

whitty hutton
11-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Let's list all the players Suggs has deliberately punched under the facemask instead of trying to tackle. I'll go first...

Ben Roethlisberger.

Your turn!

I dont even remember that, but that isn't a case of sending a random goon to end his season/career

tony hipchest
11-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Keeping eating that cheese goofball. Must suck being you.it IS awesome being me. :sun:

lee evans.

wide right.

being 4 years old the last time the ravens actually won something.

troll.

it DOES suck being you.

:tt02:

Terminator
11-27-2012, 01:13 PM

Ben Roethlisberger.

Your turn!

Ngata did that. Not Suggs.

Terminator
11-27-2012, 01:14 PM
it IS awesome being me. :sun:

lee evans.

wide right.

troll.

it DOES suck being you.

wide left*

steelerchad
11-27-2012, 01:21 PM
If he can play, let him. Our QB situation is dire.
Dr. said it's more about pain tolerance than risking serious injury. So if he can go he should.
This isn't last year, where we were jockying for position. If we lose this + 1 more to Cincy we could be out, then we'd have saved him for nothing.

Of course if he can't make the throws and is in too much pain sit him. But Ben at 75% is better than any option we currently have. Baltimore can be beaten with Ben. They didn't show much in our game. I expect them to play better. But our offense is anemic without Ben and was very good with him.

If it's one thing the Cleveland loss did, it invalidated the Baltimore win against us. It showed them to be the fraud they are. They are a decent team, but are not up to the caliber of last years team. They missed their opportunity last year. They will go quietly in the playoffs. There isn't any team in the NFL we could have beaten with our offense the last 2 weeks.

Darkstorm05
11-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Ngata did that. Not Suggs.

So many goons to choose from, it's hard to keep them straight.

Nevermore
11-27-2012, 01:37 PM

Ben Roethlisberger.

Your turn!

Right....

First, it was Ngata. (might check your facts before you try to blast someone)

Second, it was through the facemask with his wrist (that fact thing again)

Third, if you think that Ngata is that accurate to be coming off a block with his left arm being held back, swing with his left arm and land a perfect shot through the eye section of his facemask while wrapping him up with his right hand and sacking him, then yes.... it was deliberate. :banging:

Your turn!

Darkstorm05
11-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Right....

First, it was Ngata. (might check your facts before you try to blast someone)

Second, it was through the facemask with his wrist (that fact thing again)

Third, if you think that Ngata is that accurate to be coming off a block with his left arm being held back, swing with his left arm and land a perfect shot through the eye section of his facemask while wrapping him up with his right hand and sacking him, then yes.... it was deliberate. :banging:

Your turn!

You have that excuse rehearsed and ready go, do you? You do case studies on where all the lineman's hands accidentally end up on every play?

casteeler
11-27-2012, 02:06 PM
I'm afraid that if Ben gets hurt further the season is over but if the Steelers lose the season will be very close to lost too. Ben is the franchise QB and the Steeler orginization knows they need him healthy to remain competitive, what puzzles me is as injury prone as Ben is the Steelers have NO backup worthy of filling in while Ben is injured.

whitty hutton
11-27-2012, 02:18 PM
You have that excuse rehearsed and ready go, do you? You do case studies on where all the lineman's hands accidentally end up on every play?

You're just mad he exposed your statement as merely being blind unfounded ramblings of hatred

Darkstorm05
11-27-2012, 02:25 PM
You're just mad he exposed your statement as merely being blind unfounded ramblings of hatred

LOL. Do you know what forum you're on? My dog takes dumps that are more meaningful than the insults of Ravens fans. But by all means, enjoy the remainder of your goodwill tour.

Nevermore
11-27-2012, 02:39 PM

Nope. Just a TV and 20/20 vision.

The_Joker
11-27-2012, 02:54 PM

We tolerate DECENT Ravens fans here. Decent. Not you.

teegre
11-27-2012, 03:17 PM

Ask Suggs. He had bounties on Ward & Mendenspin... and BB.

Your player; your player's quotes. I'm just reminding people of what your players are all about.

teegre
11-27-2012, 03:18 PM

Tony, are you really only 16 years old???

tony hipchest
11-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Tony, are you really only 16 years old???nah, im just the "goofball" with the cheese.

the ravenfan is the 16 yr old troll.

Nevermore
11-27-2012, 03:48 PM
We tolerate DECENT Ravens fans here. Decent. Not you.

Decent:

Ben Roethlisberger.

Your turn!

Not Decent:

My apologies.... Now I understand. I'll be more civil in the future. :hug:

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Decent:

Ben Roethlisberger.

Your turn!

Not Decent:

My apologies.... Now I understand. I'll be more civil in the future. :hug:

Bunch of latte sippin' pansies - can you spell - POSER?
http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ravens-fans.jpg

Lady Steel
11-27-2012, 04:09 PM
I have no idea what's going on in this thread, but I'd just like to say that I like cheese. :noidea:

tony hipchest
11-27-2012, 04:25 PM
I have no idea what's going on in this thread, but I'd just like to say that I like cheese. :noidea:

and i like the ladies who like cheese. :wink02:

:naughty:

:chuckle:

nj1923steelgirl
11-27-2012, 05:22 PM
If he is not ready dont play him!!!

ETL
11-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Cheeeeeeeseeeeee

Hawaii 5-0
11-27-2012, 06:31 PM
and i like the ladies who like cheese. :wink02:

me too...:thumbsup:

[http://srsbusiness.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/cheese.png

tony hipchest
11-27-2012, 07:43 PM
mmmm... cheese spread.

:thumbsup:

im in like errol flynn!

btaylor179
11-27-2012, 08:40 PM
no way he should play

BleedPurple
11-28-2012, 02:09 AM
Dr. said it's more about pain tolerance than risking serious injury. So if he can go he should.
This isn't last year, where we were jockying for position. If we lose this + 1 more to Cincy we could be out, then we'd have saved him for nothing.

Of course if he can't make the throws and is in too much pain sit him. But Ben at 75% is better than any option we currently have. Baltimore can be beaten with Ben. They didn't show much in our game. I expect them to play better. But our offense is anemic without Ben and was very good with him.

If it's one thing the Cleveland loss did, it invalidated the Baltimore win against us. It showed them to be the fraud they are. They are a decent team, but are not up to the caliber of last years team. They missed their opportunity last year. They will go quietly in the playoffs. There isn't any team in the NFL we could have beaten with our offense the last 2 weeks.

We are frauds because you can't beat the browns? . . . k . . . :coffee:

FanSince72
11-28-2012, 07:40 AM
Dr. said it's more about pain tolerance than risking serious injury. So if he can go he should...Of course if he can't make the throws and is in too much pain sit him.

That's it in a nutshell.

Pain is just as much a factor as muscle movement, ligament or joint damage. If he's not risking anything physically, that's one thing but if it hurts like hell to move then that can be just as debilitating as a broken bone.

Only Ben can decide if his presence on the field will be an asset or a liability.
Sure it's macho to "play through the pain" and he'd be a "warrior" and all that crap, but if the pain is so great that he can't do what he normally does, then it doesn't really make that much difference if he plays or if Batch does.

palasport
11-28-2012, 07:51 AM
No I don't think Ben should play if he is still hurt to the point were he can further damage his body by being hit, (remember the refs don't protect our QB's) cause if he comes back now against the dirty RAT BIRDS they are gonna just head hunt him,but as we all know if he can play Ben will be sure to play just to prove himself.

Terminator
11-28-2012, 07:56 AM
We are frauds because you can't beat the browns? . . . k . . . :coffee:

In all honesty, do you truly believe you are a stronger team right now than the Texans, Patriots, or Broncos?

I'm not saying the Steelers are better than the Ravens this year, because they are not. But please don't act like the Purple Power Rangers aren't the weakest of all the division leaders right now. You have won big 2 times this year, both of which were against teams that suck ass. All the rest of your wins were by 1 score or less against teams with losing records. The 2 teams you beat with winning records were by 1 point and 3 points, respectively. You lost to the Eagles, which is as bad as our loss to the Raiders, and you got completely shit on by the Texans. That wasn't even a game. It was a jailhouse ass raping.

Stop acting like your team is King Shit. Your defense is one of the worst ranked in the NFL at rank 24, and your offense is mediocre at best with a rank of 16.

You'll win the division, and probably sweep the Steelers this year. I won't deny that. But you aren't going anywhere NEAR the SuperBowl.

I live in the Baltimore area, so if you would like to make a legit bet on my prediction, let me know. :hatsoff:

steelfury02
11-28-2012, 08:47 AM
I dunno what this thread is about anymore either, which is why when it involves a Ravens fan - I like to just post pictures of some of their fans - which are really hard to look at, but seems to irritate them just as much as telling us our fans are trash with no teeth.

like I've said before. Way to beat your chest for your mid-season awards and for beating one gimped Steelers team. I'll give you last year's victories - you were the better team -and I think that team was your best shot at the SB, and you blew it. Your Ravens team this year can't hold a candle to last year's IMO. I thought for sure once you beat us in our house last season, you were well on your way. The chemistry on O with the play calling was so much better on the road and in general the defense swarmed like hell.

Don't brag about beating gimp teams dude. Your team will get exposed against a dynamic offense and a team with an established, dominant pass rush. Something we can't seem to establish (but the pass rush is starting to form just in times for playoffs IMO) because we're freakin paralyzed without our playmakers.

In all honesty - do you think your team would have beat the Steelers that were stocked, locked, and loaded after we beat the Giants?

White_Steel_Wolfe
11-28-2012, 12:37 PM
PLAY HIM or Hoyer...

BlaZeQuietly
11-28-2012, 12:45 PM
PLAY HIM or Hoyer...

I agree. I voted yes, assuming he is cleared to play. We need him NOW. we go 6-6 and we really risk missing the playoffs, and I think as long as he is healthy we can definitely beat the ravens, as they actually suck.

White_Steel_Wolfe
11-28-2012, 12:48 PM
I agree. I voted yes, assuming he is cleared to play. We need him NOW. we go 6-6 and we really risk missing the playoffs, and I think as long as he is healthy we can definitely beat the ravens, as they actually suck.

Anything but Batch, noodle arm fraud of a backup QB

WVABE
11-28-2012, 06:41 PM
:rofl:

noodle arm.

Oh let noodle arm play, but just remember when he says go deep that mean go out 10 yards, stop and run back to me. Got It?

zcoop
11-28-2012, 06:56 PM
:rofl:

noodle arm.

Oh let noodle arm play, but just remember when he says go deep that mean go out 10 yards, stop and run back to me. Got It?

:sofunny:

BlaZeQuietly
11-29-2012, 04:44 PM
That said, I'd rather see Leftwich get another chance, he was injured that whole first game and still did better than a healthy batch

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-29-2012, 05:25 PM
At this point, it appears the major risk isn't that Ben will re-injure himself, but rather that he will not be at 100%. If this is the case, I would without a doubt play him. Ben at almost any percentage is better than Batch or Leftwich (or most of the league).

BlaZeQuietly
11-29-2012, 05:31 PM
It sucks were in Baltimore this weekend though, its just such a hostile environment, especially for anyone besides ben

Hawaii 5-0
11-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Ben ain't playing...

Ben Roethlisberger testing shoulder

Updated: November 29, 2012
ESPN.com news services

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger can hold his newborn son Ben Jr. in his injured right arm just fine.

When the Pittsburgh Steelers' quarterback will be able to say the same about a football, even he's not sure.

Roethlisberger practiced in a limited role Thursday and appears a long shot to return for Sunday's game in Baltimore.

"There's always a chance," Roethlisberger offered somewhat hopefully.

The lengthy list of issues still plaguing Roethlisberger more than two weeks after he sprained his right shoulder and suffered a dislocated rib in a 16-13 overtime win against Kansas City, however, suggests he's still a week away from giving it a go.

Though the pain isn't quite as intense as it was in the days after Kansas City linebacker Tamba Hali drilled Roethlisberger into the soggy Heinz Field turf, the two-time Super Bowl winner still can only sleep in certain positions at night. And while he's tested the shoulder this week, he's uncertain if he can make all the throws necessary to attack Baltimore's secondary.

"Can I put a lot of zip on the ball, throw it really hard before people like Ed Reed and defenders can get to the ball?" Roethlisberger said. "If I can't I'm not putting us in the best situation to win the game."

The Steelers (6-5) have struggled in Roethlisberger's absence, needing overtime to beat the woeful Chiefs before looking listless at times and sloppy at others in losses to Baltimore and Cleveland. A season that looked promising after a 24-20 win over the defending Super Bowl-champion Giants in New Jersey on Nov. 4 is suddenly on very shaky ground.

Still, don't expect Roethlisberger to push too quickly. It's something he's done in the past, with less than desired results. He played on a battered right ankle in San Francisco last year, limping around in a 20-3 loss. He ended up sitting out the next week and wasn't the same when he returned.

"We've had people talk about last year in San Francisco, if I would have rested maybe I would have been better off the next couple games, but to me, I live for the here and now," he said. "I'm going to do everything I can to be out there and if it doesn't work then I'll do what I can about the next week."

Offensive coordinator Todd Haley said Roethlisberger threw "a little bit" on Thursday but the team continues to prepare as if Charlie Batch will make his second straight start. Batch completed 20-of-34 passes for 199 yards and three costly interceptions against the Browns, mistakes Haley attributed to rusty timing more than physical ability.

"I don't think there's any limitations to what Chuck can do," Haley said, "or needs to do with the guys we have."

Roethlisberger remains optimistic Batch can muster some of the magic that helped him lead the Steelers to three victories since 2010 while filling in for his good friend.

"I firmly believe that," Roethlisberger said. "They know what he's capable of. He's been doing it a long time. They respect him. I think he's ready to rise to the occasion."

Something the Steelers need to do if they want to build any momentum going into the final quarter of the season. A loss in a place they struggle to play well in -- no matter who is behind the center -- would leave them with no wiggle room whenever Roethlisberger gets back to work.

The game's importance is not lost on Roethlisberger, who will wear "juiced up" pads to protect his shoulder if he plays, though doctors have told him the dislocated rib no longer poses a threat to his aorta.

That's welcome news for a guy in the first days of fatherhood. Roethlisberger called being a dad "pretty cool" and while he's enjoyed the time at home, he's also eager to go back to his job. If he doesn't play on Sunday he'll do what he's done the last two weeks and stand on the sideline -- earbuds in place -- and provide the kind of insight Batch has imparted on him so many times though the years.

"It's hard for me," Roethlisberger said. "You watched me during these games. I've been on the field more than most of the coaches because I'm just antsy to get out there."

That anxiousness, however, figures to be around for at least another week.

The Ravens have no idea whether Batch or Big Ben will be calling the signals at M&T Bank Stadium. So they said Wednesday they were preparing for both.

"We really don't care who lines up at quarterback," Baltimore safety Bernard Pollard said. "For us, it's a game that's going to be physical. They're going to try to win whoever's under center. If Ben plays, I know what kind of competitor he is. This guy is probably one of the strongest quarterbacks in the National Football League and one of the most competitive, him and Philip Rivers. But when it's all said and done, whoever lines up, lines up. We have our own situation to take care of. We really don't care."

Quarterback might not be the only spot where the Steelers could have a different face in a key spot. All-Pro center Maurkice Pouncey said Wednesday that he will play guard on Sunday if Willie Colon can't play because of a knee injury.

"Whatever is best for the team," Pouncey said, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

If Colon can't play, Pouncey will shift to his left guard spot, and Doug Legursky will start at center.

Notes

While Roethlisberger is doubtful, S Troy Polamalu appears ready to play for the first time since Oct. 7. Polamalu practiced for the second straight day and barring a setback should be on the field in Baltimore. Polamalu has been limited to just five quarters all season due to a strained right calf ... Rookie G David DeCastro continued to make progress in his first week on the active roster after recovering from right knee surgery in August. Haley said he expects DeCastro to make an impact on the field before the end of the season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8690852/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-pain-arm-strength-problem