PDA

View Full Version : How to replace Mendenhall....

The_Joker
11-27-2012, 03:02 AM
How are we going to do such a thing?

I say we pick up a reliable HB in FA, such as Legarrette Blount, Steven Jackson, MJD or Reggie Bush

Jahodac
11-27-2012, 05:35 AM
If any of them hit the market and are within the Steeler's price range, sure. I think we're stuck with Mendenhall for the next few years though, and I doubt Tomlin hands the starting job to Dwyer/Redman unless they consistently outperform him for the rest of the year.

maddog78
11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
If any of them hit the market and are within the Steeler's price range, sure. I think we're stuck with Mendenhall for the next few years though, and I doubt Tomlin hands the starting job to Dwyer/Redman unless they consistently outperform him for the rest of the year.

Dwyer has consistently outperformed Mendenhall all year already. Project his 98 carries to a season worth of 250, and he gets 1100. Had they rode him against Baltimore a couple weeks ago we might be looking at 7-4 right now.

Mendenhall is damaged goods with several years on his body. No way I'd re-sign him.

Steelers>NFL
11-27-2012, 07:06 AM
I like Dwyer. Play the man til the wheels fall off.

TRH
11-27-2012, 08:42 AM

I say we pick up a reliable HB in FA, such as Legarrette Blount, Steven Jackson, MJD or Reggie Bush

Really? How are we "going to do such a thing?"

Fact : Mendenhall is not one of the better backs in this league. He's not going to be that hard to replace. Period.

Darkstorm05
11-27-2012, 08:55 AM
I like Dwyer. Play the man til the wheels fall off.

His wheels fall off at about 15-19 carries a game. That's why he keeps taking himself out. He's not a solution. Neither is Redman, Batch, or Rainey. We need to either draft a new #1 RB, or trade for one. Out of the other 3 left, 2 need to go.

maddog78
11-27-2012, 09:01 AM
His wheels fall off at about 15-19 carries a game. That's why he keeps taking himself out. He's not a solution. Neither is Redman, Batch, or Rainey. We need to either draft a new #1 RB, or trade for one. Out of the other 3 left, 2 need to go.

What feature backs have the Steelers drafted since Franco? Walter Wimp? Tim Worley? Mendy? I'd rather not take a back with the first pick again unless he's a bonafide can't miss, like a Bettis, who we traded for.

As long as they don't burn another #1, fine. This team needs to hit on some defensive picks and quick.

Terminator
11-27-2012, 09:03 AM

This. 1000 times this.

Dwyer and Redman are incapable of completing an entire drive. They always gas out and have to go to the sidelines. They also are not that fast. Ever seen Redman or Dwyer break away and burn the defense down field? Yeah, probably not going to happen.

We need a featured back. Someone that can go hard for a long time and doesn't have to sit down constantly. I really can't stand the way we cycle our backs in and out. No one is ever going to get into a groove.

I say we cut Mendenhall, Redman, and Rainey and keep Dwyer as a backup for now. Look to draft a feature back in April, or sign someone off FA.

We need a Gore/Lynch/Rice-caliber player.

maddog78
11-27-2012, 09:05 AM
This. 1000 times this.

Dwyer and Redman are incapable of completing an entire drive. They always gas out and have to go to the sidelines. They also are not that fast. Ever seen Redman or Dwyer break away and burn the defense down field? Yeah, probably not going to happen.

We need a featured back. Someone that can go hard for a long time and doesn't have to sit down constantly. I really can't stand the way we cycle our backs in and out. No one is ever going to get into a groove.

I say we cut Mendenhall, Redman, and Rainey and keep Dwyer as a backup for now. Look to draft a feature back in April, or sign someone off FA.

We need a Gore/Lynch/Rice-caliber player.

Why cut Rainey??? If anything, Redman and Dwyer are more than capable backups, too. No need to cut off your nose to spite your face.

Fine, get your feature back, but he can't be the only guy on the roster.

tony hipchest
11-27-2012, 09:05 AM
new depth chart is out for this week via bouchette tweet.

dwyer #1
mendenhall #3

(im assuming redman is #2)

so there we go.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 09:15 AM

dwyer #1
mendenhall #3

so there we go.

thanks for the info - makes sense to me

Darkstorm05
11-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Why cut Rainey??? If anything, Redman and Dwyer are more than capable backups, too. No need to cut off your nose to spite your face.

Fine, get your feature back, but he can't be the only guy on the roster.

Not necessarily saying to cut Rainey, but he can't take too many carries. I'd rather have him as a return man, who occasionally comes in for runs. At this point, I'm pretty sure Mendenhall has simply packed it in. He's almost assuredly gone next year, and any mistake by a back results in being benched. he has no reason to give a shit at this point.

IMO, Dwyer needs to play hard now to be the #2 guy next year. 5 starts with zero TD's isn't going to get it done, though, and neither is falling over from exhaustion every 3rd snap. We draft a new #1 in the first few rounds, and Dwyer and Redman fight it out for #2, loser leaves town style. Rainey fills in at #3, unless Batch somehow gets his shit together.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Not necessarily saying to cut Rainey, but he can't take too many carries. I'd rather have him as a return man, who occasionally comes in for runs. At this point, I'm pretty sure Mendenhall has simply packed it in. He's almost assuredly gone next year, and any mistake by a back results in being benched. he has no reason to give a shit at this point.

IMO, Dwyer needs to play hard now to be the #2 guy next year. 5 starts with zero TD's isn't going to get it done, though, and neither is falling over from exhaustion every 3rd snap. We draft a new #1 in the first few rounds, and Dwyer and Redman fight it out for #2, loser leaves town style. Rainey fills in at #3, unless Batch somehow gets his shit together.

If Julian Edelman or whatever his name is, and Sproles can play, so can Rainey. I think he just needs to be utilized in different ways. I say keep all 3 and get your Rb in the 3rd

SteelersCanada
11-27-2012, 09:54 AM
There's two things we could realistically do. One of them is draft Knile Davis out of Arksansas. The other would be to trade for a guy like Ben Tate from Houston or MJD from the Jags - preferrably Tate. He's young and only has a 435 000 cap hit for the next two years. Plus, with the play of Foster, I'm not sure they need Tate as much as they once did.

steelerchad
11-27-2012, 09:56 AM
I'd part ways with Mendy as I think his contract is up. He's a serviceable back, but just hasn't lived up to his draft status. Unless he wants to settle for a pretty cheap contract, which I doubt. He was supposedly a steal where we got him.
I like Dwyer. He runs hard and even great backs like AP have dealt with fumbling issues. This day and age having a few good backs is needed as backs are always hurt. A starting back almost never makes it through an entire season. Keep Dwyer. Redman is a decent power back to spell him and Rainey has all the makings to be a quick scat back for 3rd downs.
Keep drafting a back in rounds 4-7 until you hit one you really like. Backs can be found late, it's been proven time and time again.

In this passing league, I'm not a fan of drafting a back really high unless there's someone you believe is a can't miss. We are rarely in a draft position to get a Trent Richardson type guy coming out.

steelerchad
11-27-2012, 10:02 AM
There's two things we could realistically do. One of them is draft Knile Davis out of Arksansas. The other would be to trade for a guy like Ben Tate from Houston or MJD from the Jags - preferrably Tate. He's young and only has a 435 000 cap hit for the next two years. Plus, with the play of Foster, I'm not sure they need Tate as much as they once did.

I like the Tate idea. But trades are rare in the NFL. Houston won't just hand a quality RB over for nothing, especially to a strong conference contender. What would we have to offer them anyway. Mike Wallace, maybe. Could actually help both teams. But Wallace won't be under contract after the season and I don't know Tate's situation.

We're dreaming here anyway. The Steelers will wait until the dust settles and grab the next Memo on the cheap.

SteelersCanada
11-27-2012, 10:21 AM
I like the Tate idea. But trades are rare in the NFL. Houston won't just hand a quality RB over for nothing, especially to a strong conference contender. What would we have to offer them anyway. Mike Wallace, maybe. Could actually help both teams. But Wallace won't be under contract after the season and I don't know Tate's situation.

We're dreaming here anyway. The Steelers will wait until the dust settles and grab the next Memo on the cheap.

2013 4th, 7th - 2014 3rd would grab Tate. There's no hope in hell I'm giving Wallace to an AFC team, either. I honestly think that if we got a guy like Tate and had a change of pace guy behind him like Rainey, our back situation is fixed for years to come.

tony hipchest
11-27-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm pretty sure Mendenhall has simply packed it in. .:doh:

im pretty sure he is coming off of reconstructive knee surgery that typically keeps players out for a year, and an injured achilles tendon.

Fire Arians
11-27-2012, 10:45 AM
replace him with liberace so we got somebody to dance behind our line every play

i kid i kid :chuckle:

I'd honestly say bring him back if he's not asking for too high of a price tag.

steelax04
11-27-2012, 10:57 AM

dwyer #1
mendenhall #3

so there we go.

Well, Mendy must have an injury or something that he can't be the starter... Tomlin is too much of a player's coach, says too many one-liners, and a big old softie to not have Mendy starting. :chuckle:

I really hope that Dwyer has a decent game. I can't imagine the "Tomlin sucks because Dwyer is horrible and Mendy would have had a better game against the Ravens" talk if Dwyer craps out.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Well, Mendy must have an injury or something that he can't be the starter... Tomlin is too much of a player's coach, says too many one-liners, and a big old softie to not have Mendy starting. :chuckle:

I really hope that Dwyer has a decent game. I can't imagine the "Tomlin sucks because Dwyer is horrible and Mendy would have had a better game against the Ravens" talk if Dwyer craps out.

Yea - he's been out. But he's back, and he needs a lot more reps to get back into the groove (and hold onto the damn ball - pretty simple thing to do right?). At his rate - this team's fate cannot rest on the hopes that he bursts back onto the scene and actually takes the pressure off of Ben. Mendy is entering bust status. I don't hate him - but, we're lookin at the 2013 draft. How much longer can we hope that he is the guy to finally get it?

Fire Haley
11-27-2012, 11:01 AM
...in the draft....

next question

steelax04
11-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Yea - he's been out. But he's back, and he needs a lot more reps to get back into the groove (and hold onto the damn ball - pretty simple thing to do right?). At his rate - this team's fate cannot rest on the hopes that he bursts back onto the scene and actually takes the pressure off of Ben. Mendy is entering bust status. I don't hate him - but, we're lookin at the 2013 draft. How much longer can we hope that he is the guy to finally get it?

A "groove" isn't going to fix fumbling on your first carry from scrimmage. I think that Mendy being the #3 back this week shows that the Steelers aren't waiting for him to be the guy that gets it. Unfortunately, after four different backs fumbling, I don't know if there is anyone that's going to get it.

I think the Mendy ship has sailed.

Maybe the draft produces a "can't miss" guy like Trent Richardson for the Steelers...

MasterOfPuppets
11-27-2012, 11:16 AM
it's absolutely foolish to waste a high draft pick on a RB considering they live or die by the oline.
we've watched both dwyer and redman have great games and horrible games DEPENDING on what kinda game the front five were having.

austinfrench76
11-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Why would you cut Rainey??? I agree with everyone saying that he is being misused. He should not play running back in an I Formation. He is a scat back. Use him that way on wheel routes, screens and such. He could be explosive!

Fire Haley
11-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Maybe the draft produces a "can't miss" guy like Trent Richardson for the Steelers...

if they lose all the rest it will only get you to 6-10, not bad enough for a top pick

stick to the middle, later rds

So Mendy is gone, and Dwyer and Redman are RFA's too - I doubt the Steelers will put any money up to save them - so they could be gone too

Rainey will be the only returning RB....you watch

Darkstorm05
11-27-2012, 11:50 AM
:doh:

im pretty sure he is coming off of reconstructive knee surgery that typically keeps players out for a year, and an injured achilles tendon.

It's been a year. He should be ok by now. Tomlin clearly isn't happy with his performance, and not in a "Is your knee acting up?" sort of way.

steelax04
11-27-2012, 12:19 PM
if they lose all the rest it will only get you to 6-10, not bad enough for a top pick

stick to the middle, later rds

So Mendy is gone, and Dwyer and Redman are RFA's too - I doubt the Steelers will put any money up to save them - so they could be gone too

Rainey will be the only returning RB....you watch

Right... you could still have a can't miss kind of guy in the late first or second round. Even with his injury, I think most still consider DD a can't miss kind of draft pick.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Right... you could still have a can't miss kind of guy in the late first or second round. Even with his injury, I think most still consider DD a can't miss kind of draft pick.

With the latest developments with Mendy and Wallace - the front office has some scrambling to do to make up for this supposed flash in the pan talent. That is some serious glaring holes. We need a big time asset at the RB AND WR positions now.

FO got its hands full in the off-season

Darkstorm05
11-27-2012, 12:56 PM
With the latest developments with Mendy and Wallace - the front office has some scrambling to do to make up for this supposed flash in the pan talent. That is some serious glaring holes. We need a big time asset at the RB AND WR positions now.

FO got its hands full in the off-season

If you look on the bright side, next year we can actually meet the cap with some room to spare. Harrison gets a pay cut or retires, Hampton gone, mendy gone, Troy retires, no Walalce to sign. We save like 35 mil right there.

Fire Haley
11-27-2012, 01:02 PM
We need a big time asset at the RB AND WR positions now.

yeah, they really screwed up my OL, OL, S draft

tony hipchest
11-27-2012, 01:02 PM
It's been a year. He should be ok by now. Tomlin clearly isn't happy with his performance, and not in a "Is your knee acting up?" sort of way.

whatever you say, Doc. :hatsoff:

Curtain_of_Steel
11-27-2012, 10:31 PM
pick up mjd? pick up bush?

Are they dangling from a Fing tree?

Dwyer is just fine. Tomlin the dumbass finally figured out, you cant rotate 4 backs and get production out of any of them. What fool rotates 4 backs in and out? No one cant get rolling that way.

Mendy is good as gone at the end of the year.

Stu Pidasso
11-27-2012, 10:43 PM
I still say bring in Casey Hampton for a "fridge Perry" for the first quarter. Beat the hell out of the DL, then bring in Dwyer and Redman. They'll never know what hit them. :)

tony hipchest
11-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Dwyer is just fine. Tomlin the dumbass finally figured out, you cant rotate 4 backs and get production out of any of them. What fool rotates 4 backs in and out? No one cant get rolling that way.

Mendy is good as gone at the end of the year.

dwyer just fine???

you do follow the steelers, right? are you familiar with the injury situation, never mind the bad case of fumblitis going around?

not to mention dwyer being poorly conditioned reporting to camp for his first 2 years and needing a blow after every 15+ yd run.

:doh:

steeltheone
11-28-2012, 03:56 AM
dwyer just fine???

you do follow the steelers, right? are you familiar with the injury situation, never mind the bad case of fumblitis going around?

not to mention dwyer being poorly conditioned reporting to camp for his first 2 years and needing a blow after every 15+ yd run.

:doh: This board has anointed Dwyer the " Bus Jr " his 580 rushing yards in 3 NFL seasons, back this up!:rofl:

Terminator
11-28-2012, 05:46 AM
This board has anointed Dwyer the " Bus Jr " his 580 rushing yards in 3 NFL seasons, back this up!:rofl:

:thumbsup:

Dwyer had 2 good games, and in my opinion, his only real GREAT game was against Washington, who has a shit defense. He has shown me nothing. He doesn't even have a touchdown.

He also got STUFFED by a goddamn cornerback in the KC game and blew our first down.

Check out this highlight video of Dwyer in college. Guy was a freaking beast. He needs to get back to this level of conditioning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3rmS4fh-z4

Darkstorm05
11-28-2012, 07:19 AM
The funny part about the Dwyer love, is that all his biggest fans say he's better than Mendy because he doesn't need blocking to run. He supposedly just runs into crowds and powers through everyone in his path(Except cornerbacks, apparently).

Yet then he gets the lions share of the carries and puts up 40 yards and zero TD's, and the rest of the week it's all because the O-Line wasn't opening any holes, and nobody could have done any better. :noidea:

teegre
11-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Kent Graham is better. No, Mike Tomczak is better. Tommy Maddox is the answer!!!

[Get the analogy?]

Terminator
11-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Kent Graham is better. No, Mike Tomczak is better. Tommy Maddox is the answer!!!

[Get the analogy?]

Bubby Brister can lead us to the promised land! :tt04:

teegre
11-28-2012, 08:01 AM

Jim Miller walks on water!!!

torpedoshell31
11-28-2012, 08:27 AM
The sad thing about Mendenhall is that he has the talent to be a top tier RB. He has good size, quick feet and explosiveness when he turns the corner. His failure is his lack of effort, he shies away from contact, and he fumbles too many times.

Darkstorm05
11-28-2012, 08:31 AM

Hey, Brister has as many Superbowl rings as Ben. He's elite.

torpedoshell31
11-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Charlie Batch also has 2 Super Bowl rings!

steelfury02
11-28-2012, 09:05 AM
take the DNA of Fu, Zeroway, and Parker and create

Mega Fast Fumata Zero

TheVet
11-28-2012, 06:37 PM
"How to replace Mendenhall?"

Gotta love the Steelers fan base! Here we are, worrying about how to replace our #3 running back.

:tt02:

OK, how do we replace Mendenhall? Lets do the right thing for him. Lets help him find a team that encourages him to twitter about Osama Bin Laden's innocence and his 9/11 conspiracy theories. Also the team should not care about fumbles or hesitant running. There must be a place somewhere in this racist slave league for him.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-28-2012, 07:13 PM
"How to replace Mendenhall?"

Gotta love the Steelers fan base! Here we are, worrying about how to replace our #3 running back.

:tt02:

OK, how do we replace Mendenhall? Lets do the right thing for him. Lets help him find a team that encourages him to twitter about Osama Bin Laden's innocence and his 9/11 conspiracy theories. Also the team should not care about fumbles or hesitant running. There must be a place somewhere in this racist slave league for him.

You sound like a very bitter old beer fart....but you are essentially correct.

Fire Haley
11-28-2012, 07:15 PM
True Steelers fans love every new back-up fatback unconditionally, it's the law

SteelersCanada
11-28-2012, 07:29 PM
I think the title of this thread should be, 'How to replace Jonathan Dwyer with a legitimate running back.' because he's our new number one. All the Dwyer fans are going to get exactly what they wanted - a sixth round pick who can't play more than two straight downs and had trouble running against one of the worst run defenses in the NFL. On the flip side, we have a running back who averaged more than 4 ypc behind a truly awful offensive line and somehow managed to get over 1000 yards behind said line is now sitting on the bench.

I can't wait for the Dwyer hate. Oh, it'll be sweet.

We need to draft a running back. Mendenhall may not be a franchise running back but there's no fucking chance Dwyer is a franchise running back either.

Curtain_of_Steel
11-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Oh I see the asshole Tony has commented. thats always good for some worthless banter.

In one of your posts you comment that perhaps Mendy isn't back from the knee or achilles injuries just yet? Which of course you make a wise ass comment to another poster. What does either of those 2 injuries have to do with his fumbles? Of course as you pointed out to another posted, he may not be a Doc, and thankfully nor am I. But last I checks those bones are not connected. Perhaps Mendy should say something, unless he was worried about not getting that new contract, that he certainly is not getting anyway?

Its nice to have the the SF admin logo, but perhaps you should act like someone who isnt a total dick on every dam reply. Or does the little admin logo grant you the option to be a total dick every day of your miserable life?

Based on how the NFL has moved to a passing game over the past few years. Ill go with dwyer through next year and not have to much of a problem with it.

OX1947
11-29-2012, 12:08 PM
^What does his Achilles and knee have to do with him dancing and fumbling like he has his entire career? Mendenhall is not focused on football. He seems to be an intellectual. Which boggles my mind because he is built like a Greek god. His focus is an issue, when you fumble, it is like a basketball player who cant hit free throws. It is a basic fundamental issue. And worse, Mendenhall's fumbles always seem to happen at the WORST time in the game. While he isn't a bust, he has been a huge disappointment and I wish him well when he leaves in a couple months. He can take Mike Wallace with him too..

SteelersCanada
11-29-2012, 12:13 PM
^What does his Achilles and knee have to do with him dancing and fumbling like he has his entire career? Mendenhall is not focused on football. He seems to be an intellectual. Which boggles my mind because he is built like a Greek god. His focus is an issue, when you fumble, it is like a basketball player who cant hit free throws. It is a basic fundamental issue. And worse, Mendenhall's fumbles always seem to happen at the WORST time in the game. While he isn't a bust, he has been a huge disappointment and I wish him well when he leaves in a couple months. He can take Mike Wallace with him too..

Who do we replace him with?

Curtain_of_Steel
11-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Who? You make it seem like he is irreplacable? This guy is not that good, and not a great RB by any stretch.
An intellectual? So thats what an intellectual looks and acts like these days? lo

As I stated Dwyer is just fine at this point. If the Oline doesnt block it doesn;t matter who is in the backfield.

I think Wallace is going to step it up.

steelfury02
11-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Who? You make it seem like he is irreplacable? This guy is not that good, and not a great RB by any stretch.
An intellectual? So thats what an intellectual looks and acts like these days? lo

As I stated Dwyer is just fine at this point. If the Oline doesnt block it doesn;t matter who is in the backfield.

I think no matter what Wallace does - he'll still be gone - he would have to turn in an 08' playoffs and SB MVP performance for him to return - I don't think he has the guts to do it - he has already shown what he will and wont do - and that pretty much covers any type of real effort

Terminator
11-29-2012, 01:16 PM
I'll never forgive Mendy for his fumble in the SuperBowl.

SteelersCanada
11-29-2012, 01:33 PM

I'm not saying he's irreplaceable, but we don't have another running back on the roster that's better than Mendenhall. Dwyer isn't a franchise running back - not even close. If a team decides to clog the middle of the line, he can't bounce it outside and make something-outta-nothing the way Mendenhall can. He's not fast or explosive and needs constant replacement because he's not in great shape. He's a one-dimensional back that can only run straight ahead and if it's not there, then it's a gain of 1 and start over. This became apparent in the first three games of the season and crept up again against the Ravens.

I'm not saying that Mendenhall is a franchise running back, but neither is Dwyer. We have to draft one this year to make this offense less one-dimensional. There's a reason why the kid was a 6th round pick - he's just not that great.

Rotorhead
11-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Im so sick of ppl comparing mendy's lifetime stats to dwyer or redman. How many seasons has redman or dwyer started? Yep all combined = zero. Compare apples to apples, we dont know if dwyer or redman couldnt have had multiple 1000 yrd seasons as they have NEVER been given the chance to start the full year like mendy has. We have seen what mendy is capable of, alot of short to no gains and bust a long run. Bam 15 carries, 13 for 3 or less, 2 for 50 = a crappy 100 yd game. At least we know redman and dwyer will make their 100yd games with mostly positive yardage. Frankly we need 3rd and shorts not longs. Dwyer/redman is the answer. And for all those on dwyers wagon, his fatass needs to get into shape. I prefer redman because he runs like dwyer and can bounce it outside plus he has shown a knack for making the big play (see our last SB run, AFC champ game agnst Balty). All that said, we need to stop this rb by numbers crap, that crap just doesnt work. Pick one and stick with him until they are broken.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Im so sick of ppl comparing mendy's lifetime stats to dwyer or redman. How many seasons has redman or dwyer started? Yep all combined = zero. Compare apples to apples, we dont know if dwyer or redman couldnt have had multiple 1000 yrd seasons as they have NEVER been given the chance to start the full year like mendy has.

Redman was given the keys to the starting RB position to start this year. He broke before the season even got underway.

Dwyer was then given the keys after a few outstanding performances, and also got hurt.

Until one of these guys can prove they are the man who can handle 300+ carries per season, you have no basis to replace the guy who has aqlready proven he can for several years now.

It IS a valid comparison.

fansince'76
11-29-2012, 03:17 PM

It was more David "Whiff" Johnson's fault than Mendenhall's.

tony hipchest
11-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Oh I see the asshole Tony has commented. thats always good for some worthless banter.

In one of your posts you comment that perhaps Mendy isn't back from the knee or achilles injuries just yet? Which of course you make a wise ass comment to another poster. What does either of those 2 injuries have to do with his fumbles? Of course as you pointed out to another posted, he may not be a Doc, and thankfully nor am I. But last I checks those bones are not connected. Perhaps Mendy should say something, unless he was worried about not getting that new contract, that he certainly is not getting anyway?

Its nice to have the the SF admin logo, but perhaps you should act like someone who isnt a total dick on every dam reply. Or does the little admin logo grant you the option to be a total dick every day of your miserable life?
.muchas butthurt!

you wanna go personal, huh?

the poster said he wasnt giving effort.

THATS what the 2 injuries have to do with his supposed lack of effort, dumbass.

it seems your jawbone is connected to my groin bone. why dont you get offa my jock and quit acting like a sore little bitch.

desertsteel
11-29-2012, 03:35 PM

MJD FTW!!!

OX1947
11-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Who do we replace him with?

Doesn't matter. Goodell has destroyed defense and running backs the last few years. Anyone who can keep the run game honest who doesn't fumble or get injured every other game.

My hope is Ben Tate, he would be perfect for this team.

SteelersCanada
11-29-2012, 03:58 PM
My hope is Ben Tate, he would be perfect for this team.

Me and you both, buddy.

Fire Arians
11-29-2012, 04:04 PM
i like the way blount runs but if you guys complain about how mendenhall fumbles, then you really don't want that guy. In 2 seasons he has an equal to mendy's career total

FrancoLambert
11-29-2012, 04:25 PM

I'll never forgive David Johnson for completely whiffing on the block that might have prevented Mendy's fumble.

Hawaii 5-0
11-29-2012, 05:06 PM
I'll never forgive David Johnson for completely whiffing on the block that might have prevented Mendy's fumble.

I'll never forgive Bruce Arians for calling the predictable play that caused DJ to whiff on the block which caused Mendy to fumble.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WVccjCgVIU4/SNbaGiC2NsI/AAAAAAAAABs/Fr4qoaevu3Q/s320/blame-arians.jpg

Rotorhead
11-29-2012, 05:33 PM
No, its not valid, neither have been the starter for full seasons. But since you like those stats so much, when your allpro was starting (dancing) behind the line, what was his YPC? What was Redmans YPC as his back up? Redman was more productive EVERY YEAR HE BACKED MENDY. However I am not as dunce as you and can realize there were a lot of factors for this better production, playcalling, poor oline play, diff running styles, etc. But you insist on that moronic argument about Mendy's career stats, only you cherry pick the ones that back your argument. Add these stats to yours, who has a higher YPC avg, who has less fumbles, who has more after contact? Mendy loses in all three categories. So instead of picking your fav stats when comparing twi different thing, pick them all. One more point, Mendy's first season as a starter, how did that work out? So comparing first seasons as a starter, both Dwyer and Redman are having a better year since Mendy was broken by Lewis.

Rotorhead
11-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Btw, i was very hopeful Mendy was just held back due to Arians, was hopeful he would break out this season and be the back we all hoped for.

Hawaii 5-0
11-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Mendy looks like he's still injured to me, wonder why the Steelers felt the need to rush him back so quickly?

tony hipchest
11-30-2012, 02:16 AM

:jerkit:

Steelers notebook: Haley: Dwyer needs to prove himself as a starter

By Alan Robinson
Published: Thursday, November 29, 2012

Offensive coordinator Todd Haley suggests fumbles weren’t the only reason Jonathan Dwyer couldn’t secure the starting running back’s job until now. When he carries a couple of plays in a row, Dwyer sometimes signals for a replacement.

“Jonathan’s got to show he can take the bulk of the carries without needing a break or taking a few plays off on the sideline,” Haley said. “That will kind of be what defines Jonathan as his career moves forward. He’s getting a great opportunity. We’ve been excited about some of the things he’s done, and hopefully he goes in and takes this role seriously and won’t let us take him off the field.”

maybe coach haley just needs to watch the game on the couch next to you so he can gain more perspective. :hunch:

will you do us all a favor and loan coach haley all your coaching tapes and play by play grades, so haley can see that dwyer is "just fine" because me and coach haley clearly recall the O-line blocking just fine after a 20 yard run and dwyer tapping out and sending in the now jobless baron freaking batch, as soon as we were gaining steam on a drive?

The_Joker
11-30-2012, 06:21 AM
MJD, MJD, MJD...

maddog78
11-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Such a thing as what, 113 yards and 3 fumbles?

Rick5895
12-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Eddie Lacy of Alabama Maybe we could get him in round 2/3 in the draft

SteelersCanada
12-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Eddie Lacy of Alabama Maybe we could get him in round 2/3 in the draft

edit - misread what you said. I'd love to have Lacy in the third round of this draft. Draft Lacy this year and Yeldon when he's eligible and have those two as a 1 - 2 punch in the backfield.