PDA

View Full Version : Win or lose this Sunday

maddog78
11-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Look, whether it's Batch or a rusty Ben, this game is going to be very difficult to win. What I would like to see either way, though, is for the Steelers to physically batter the Ravens. I want Flacco to go down early and often. I want Rice, Smith, Pitta, and whoever else has their hands on the ball to be pounded repeatedly. I want to hear stories of Raven players limping around the locker room after the game, and reports of "status unknown for next weekend".

No 35-7 drubbing this year. Make these guys not want to play the Steelers again this year.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Look, whether it's Batch or a rusty Ben, this game is going to be very difficult to win. What I would like to see either way, though, is for the Steelers to physically batter the Ravens. I want Flacco to go down early and often. I want Rice, Smith, Pitta, and whoever else has their hands on the ball to be pounded repeatedly. I want to hear stories of Raven players limping around the locker room after the game, and reports of "status unknown for next weekend".

No 35-7 drubbing this year. Make these guys not want to play the Steelers again this year.

you know what - they got nothin to lose - I'd love to at least come away form this game seeing some bodies being scraped off the field

steeltheone
11-27-2012, 08:48 AM
At Baltimore.... My heart says yes... My brain says no.

maddog78
11-27-2012, 08:55 AM
At Baltimore.... My heart says yes... My brain says no.

The way the defense is playing, I think my scenario is entirely realistic. I'm not saying they should win, they should just make the Ravens feel like they were in a war.

Harrison has his legs back. If Worilds/Woodley can provide pressure from the other side, it could happen.

tony hipchest
11-27-2012, 09:12 AM
after all the times theyve taken shots at ben, placing bounties on ward and mendenhall, PLUS all their trash talk and gatorade baths, i think there is enough motivation for a little "retribution".

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 09:14 AM
after all the times theyve taken shots at ben, placing bounties on ward and mendenhall, PLUS all their trash talk and gatorade baths, i think there is enough motivation for a little "retribution".

I hope Clark helps in this area - just don't lead with the head! I also see some inevitable fines or suspensions coming for some of our guys in this scenario lol - god forbid the Steelers lay a hurtin' on anyone anymore

Terminator
11-27-2012, 09:31 AM
If Flacco went down with a concussion cause Harrison helmet-pops him, you won't see me complaining.

maddog78
11-27-2012, 09:33 AM
If Flacco went down with a concussion cause Harrison helmet-pops him, you won't see me complaining.

:applaudit:

steeltheone
11-27-2012, 09:34 AM
If Flacco went down with a concussion cause Harrison helmet-pops him, you won't see me complaining.Thats not cool, I want to beat them with their best!

maddog78
11-27-2012, 09:36 AM
Thats not cool, I want to beat them with their best!

Even when we're playing a preseason roster? Sorry, no brave words here. We knock Flacco and Rice out with clean hits, I'm not crying over it.

Injuries are part of the game, and we'd had our fair share.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 09:44 AM
Thats not cool, I want to beat them with their best!

so do I - but I want a SB even more. Concussion? Not cool. Not cool enough to keep him out the rest of the season. Broken leg, arm, pick an appendage and let's go with that one. No brain injury and we get to play them with a lame team for a change:chuckle:

Even though their offense isn't what would beat us.

Edman
11-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Why not? The Steelers have literally nothing to lose in this game.

A repeat of the last game in their house sends just as big a message as winning. If they get 2011 drubbed again, Lol forget it.

Rotorhead
11-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Well our Def has the ability to keep it close, so lets hope our running game shows up this week!

Fire Arians
11-27-2012, 10:40 AM

i hope not because the ravens will just use that as an excuse if they lose. besides if that happens, that also gives baltimore's defense a green light to cheap shot ben

Steel_Bus_24
11-27-2012, 10:50 AM
i hope not because the ravens will just use that as an excuse if they lose. besides if that happens, that also gives baltimore's defense a green light to cheap shot ben

ha, when do they not have the green light on

Terminator
11-27-2012, 10:52 AM
ha, when do they not have the green light on

Exactly.

Someone WILL be injured in this game.

SteelersCanada
11-27-2012, 11:02 AM
If Ben's in, we'll win. If we have Batch in, we'll lose. It's really that simple.

Fire Arians
11-27-2012, 11:26 AM
If Ben's in, we'll win. If we have Batch in, we'll lose. It's really that simple.

it's not really. if that was the case we'd be 8-2 and the games we'd lose would be when ben is out.

maybe we would have won against baltimore at our house in that close game, but at their stadium it's a lot tougher.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 11:30 AM
it's not really. if that was the case we'd be 8-2 and the games we'd lose would be when ben is out.

yea - Ben is no guarantee of victory - if we desperately needed a win against a team with no pass rush, at home - then maybe. But not in this scenario please.

Ravens1
11-27-2012, 11:51 AM
you know what - they got nothin to lose - I'd love to at least come away form this game seeing some bodies being scraped off the field

And I have a feeling you will. But they will be Steelers. As I said before, your hatred and vile talk will be visited upon you three fold.Here's to hoping this is the final nail in your coffin for a healthy year. Here's to hoping the score is run up so high and is such an embarassement and that your team is so beaten and demoralized they lose their blue collar arrogance and realize that the age of steel is over. The Steelers are fast becoming the joke of the AFC North.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 12:40 PM
And I have a feeling you will. But they will be Steelers. As I said before, your hatred and vile talk will be visited upon you three fold.Here's to hoping this is the final nail in your coffin for a healthy year. Here's to hoping the score is run up so high and is such an embarassement and that your team is so beaten and demoralized they lose their blue collar arrogance and realize that the age of steel is over. The Steelers are fast becoming the joke of the AFC North.

:coffee:

FrancoLambert
11-27-2012, 04:54 PM

What are you talking about.

A franchise that has won more super bowls than the rest of the division combined can never become the joke of that division.

Keep drinking the purple kool-aid.
As for arrogance, your head coach leads the league in that.

nj1923steelgirl
11-27-2012, 05:20 PM
I want us to win Sunday but every game we have another player get injured....we looked like crap last weekend but I hope that going against the Ravens they will not play the same way....I hope Ben is back

tony hipchest
11-27-2012, 06:50 PM

ooooh...

those purple, mountain berry, gatorade baths make you guys brash and sassy, dont they? :sissies:

teegre
11-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Run & run & run some more. Dwyer up the middle. If that occurs, then the Steelers win.

They almost won the last meeting, using that formula... until they decided to let a broken-ribbed QB try to throw the ball (once they passed the 50 yard-line).

Likewise, the game-plan of run, run, run, with some short passes, would have worked against the Browns, if the RBs had not fumbled 7 times (4 lost; 3 recovered/fell out fo bounds). Batch was "forced" to throw deep, which was the end of the Steelers' chances.

I believe in this defense.

harrison'samonster
11-27-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't want to watch the game to see people get injured. Hurt, I don't mind.

Running well is going to be the key for our O. The Ravens defense isn't as good as the Browns are. Hopefully we aren't too banged up to make a game of it.

Atlanta Dan
11-27-2012, 07:11 PM
If Harbaugh has a chance to run it up i hope he tries - that smug SOB is going to get his someday and I hope it is because the Steelers get pi**ed and finally reciprocate the hatred the Ravens have for the Steelers

Atlanta Dan
11-27-2012, 07:17 PM

You sound like Chad Johnson

After the Bengals beat the Steelers 38-31 at Heinz Field on Dec. 4, 2005, Chad Johnson boasted, "It used to be Pittsburgh's time, now it's Cincinnati's time, and it'll probably be that way for a while. They're like black and white TV, we're like color TV.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071030092849AAoe2bs

When they met again in the playoffs the Steelers won and pretty much ended the career of Carson Palmer - try winning something important before you bring the smug

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Proverbs 16:18

DoctorCAD
11-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Since our D will be on the field for 42 out of the 60 minutes, they will be the ones "limping around the locker room".

Nothing has changed in the past 3 days to make me see this as anything but an ass-kicking. Just like last week.

tony hipchest
11-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Nothing has changed in the past 3 days to make me see this as anything but an ass-kicking. Just like last week.

you musta got hit in the head as hard as joe weeden.

see him around lately? i bet colt mccoy was just itching to get into that game where the browns offense was kickking our ass.

flacco aint shit. teams been proving that for over a month now.

Terminator
11-27-2012, 07:43 PM
When I think of hard-hitting football, I think of purple. That's a real man's color.

BleedPurple
11-27-2012, 09:14 PM

Yea we learned that excuse after seeing it in 100 threads on this board on Sunday.

The hypocrisy on this board is amazing. In one thread you are disgusted with the Ravens for their supposed cheapshots, but in this thread you all are praying your D will knock out flacco or rice.. are you that desperate?

Hawaii 5-0
11-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Yea we learned that excuse after seeing it in 100 threads on this board on Sunday.

I never hang out on an opponent's message board all day long and read 100 of their threads.

maybe you should consider getting a real life or is your mother's basement just that comfortable?

BleedPurple
11-27-2012, 09:46 PM
I never hang out on an opponent's message board all day long and read 100 of their threads.

maybe you should consider getting a real life or is your mother's basement just that comfortable?

Come for the musty old furniture, stay for the hotpockets!

Fire Arians
11-27-2012, 10:04 PM

The hypocrisy on this board is amazing. In one thread you are disgusted with the Ravens for their supposed cheapshots, but in this thread you all are praying your D will knock out flacco or rice.. are you that desperate?

yeah like knocking flacco out of a game will make a difference, he probably sucks just as bad as the backup. of course you guys wouldn't know what it's like to have an elite qb

and for the record, i never supported trying to knock him out of the game, so don't quote me and say that kind of crap

LVSteelersfan
11-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Cheap shots, no. Knock Flacco on his a $ $ all game long, yes. Ray Rice will go nowhere like usual against the Steeler's D. The only shot the Ratbirds have is if Batch or the RBs turn it over and it is returned for a TD.

steelfury02
11-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Maybe we're just "due"? :noidea: