PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark says the Steelers and it's fans are a spoiled bunch

Terminator
11-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Ryan Clark: Pittsburgh Steelers a 'spoiled bunch'
By Kareem Copeland
Around the League Writer
Published: Nov. 27, 2012 at 09:21 a.m. Updated: Nov. 27, 2012 at 09:51 a.m.

This is a problem most teams around the NFL would love to have.

Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark had to respond to widespread panic after a 20-14 loss to the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. The Steelers are 6-5 and would be the second wild card if the playoffs began today.

"You lose one game in Pittsburgh and the sky is falling, it's just part of the culture," Clark told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "It's part of winning six Super Bowls, it's part of being 12-4 three of the last four years. We're a spoiled bunch and overall we've become entitled. But you can't be entitled, you can't walk into places and just think because you're the Pittsburgh Steelers you're going to win.

"We need to execute and we haven't been executing. Do we need to win next week? Without a doubt. We could have needed to win next week had we won this game."

Execution becomes that much more important when you're down a Super Bowl-winning quarterback and a former defensive player of the year. Not sure you're allowed to panic when the team is playing without Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu and Antonio Brown. LaMarr Woodley, Mike Adams and Willie Colon all left Sunday's loss with injuries. The Steelers were down to Charlie Batch under center with Byron Leftwich out.

Sometimes injuries derail a season and the Steelers haven't been truly healthy all year long. The bottom line: the Steelers are not championship contenders without Roethlisberger.

Follow Kareem Copeland on Twitter @kareemcopeland.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000101645/article/ryan-clark-pittsburgh-steelers-a-spoiled-bunch

Fire Haley
11-27-2012, 12:20 PM
In today's presser Tomlin said that Beachum will start at RT

it's gonna get real ugly

Fire Arians
11-27-2012, 12:25 PM

it's gonna get real ugly

I think we will be fine, but will see less of heath miller in the passing game. They left adams by himself at times but I don't think they're going to do the same with beachum.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 12:27 PM

it's gonna get real ugly

even more reason to keep Ben on the sideline - I think I hear the baby crying Ben . . .

austinfrench76
11-27-2012, 12:43 PM
He's right? Except I would replace the word spoiled with the word expectant. I expect that they don't commit 8 turnovers in 1 game, call me crazy. I expect that they don't commit silly penalties at crucial times in a game, again I know that's nuts but call it what you want. I also expect that they beat the bottom feeders of the league, and that has not happened this year! They SHOULD be ashamed of losing to Tennessee, Cleveland and Oakland. That's just embarrassing and undefensible. Even with a back-up QB. I'm a huge Clark guy so I tend to think that he is talking about everyone, not just fans. But, I am expectant. We are not the Chiefs, Clowns or Rams. We are the Pittsburgh Steelers and they should hold themselves to that standard. Been a fan my whole life and I have always thought they had a chance to win the SB every year! No matter what. So yeah, I am expectant and so should they be. I expect them to give 100%, nothing more. On a side note: It does not look like Wallace gives a s&^t, and that bothers me as an expectant fan.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 01:11 PM
He's right? Except I would replace the word spoiled with the word expectant. I expect that they don't commit 8 turnovers in 1 game, call me crazy. I expect that they don't commit silly penalties at crucial times in a game, again I know that's nuts but call it what you want. I also expect that they beat the bottom feeders of the league, and that has not happened this year! They SHOULD be ashamed of losing to Tennessee, Cleveland and Oakland. That's just embarrassing and undefensible. Even with a back-up QB. I'm a huge Clark guy so I tend to think that he is talking about everyone, not just fans. But, I am expectant. We are not the Chiefs, Clowns or Rams. We are the Pittsburgh Steelers and they should hold themselves to that standard. Been a fan my whole life and I have always thought they had a chance to win the SB every year! No matter what. So yeah, I am expectant and so should they be. I expect them to give 100%, nothing more. On a side note: It does not look like Wallace gives a s&^t, and that bothers me as an expectant fan.

he'll def not give a shit after Tomlin put Wallace OR Sanders on depth chart haha - someone finally gets it with this clown. Buh-bye Mikey:wave:

maddog78
11-27-2012, 01:13 PM
We're a spoiled bunch and overall we've become entitled. But you can't be entitled, you can't walk into places and just think because you're the Pittsburgh Steelers you're going to win.

Kind of explains how they've been struggling with bad teams...

lloydwoodson
11-28-2012, 11:29 AM
I like Clark more and more all the time. All you babies crying about Wallace and Tomlin and the RBs... Clark is talking to YOU!!!

Lokki
11-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Damn right I'm spoiled. "We got 6 rings, bitch!"

Fire Haley
11-28-2012, 11:44 AM
even more reason to keep Ben on the sideline - I think I hear the baby crying Ben . . .

Tomlin says Ben is 50/50

Remember that sacrificial goat scene in the T-Rex pen, on the first Jurrasic Park?

Thats Uncle Charlie on the chain

MDSteel15
11-28-2012, 11:55 AM
We have been spoiled since the #1 pick was made in 1969!!!

Fire Arians
11-28-2012, 11:58 AM
I like Clark more and more all the time. All you babies crying about Wallace and Tomlin and the RBs... Clark is talking to YOU!!!

wallace criticism is warranted. after all, tomlin might be starting sanders ahead of him in the depth chart, he is not producing like a #1 WR is supposed to be.

fact of the matter is that wallace has been playing 2nd fiddle to AB, and sanders is within 100 yards of catching him despite having less than half the starts wallace has.

fitz money? give me a fuckin break

Dino 6 Rings
11-28-2012, 12:03 PM
don't be lazy on the field and fans won't act spoiled.

steelfury02
11-28-2012, 12:08 PM
wallace criticism is warranted. after all, tomlin might be starting sanders ahead of him in the depth chart, he is not producing like a #1 WR is supposed to be.

fact of the matter is that wallace has been playing 2nd fiddle to AB, and sanders is within 100 yards of catching him despite having less than half the starts wallace has.

right now - I'd be willing to keep Wallace for 3 to 3.5 mill tops. That ain't happening though. He hasn't even earned his 2+ right now.

LVSteelersfan
11-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Poor play like last week is the reason fans are down on this team. Yes, we are a spoiled bunch. But that crap last week was beyond ridiculous. 8 turnovers. Absolutely horrible holding calls at the worst possible time. Bad field position all game long. You have to get 3 and outs from the defense to keep field position. They get lazy on the other end of the field on defense. Why does it take the opposing team getting in the red zone before the defense finally shuts their A $ $ down. Do it earlier and we don't lose by 3 or 6 points like we have been. I am glad they stop the TDs but they shouldn't be in position to get those field goals either.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-28-2012, 03:28 PM
"You lose one game in Pittsburgh and the sky is falling, it's just part of the culture,"

No, sir. You lost 5 GAMES, not 1. And those opponents include:

* the Raiders
* the Browns
* almost KC
* a Ravens team that scored 3 points on offense all game

kwpit79
11-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Didn't we do this in 2009 also? By "do this" I mean lose 4-5 games to lousy teams? Don't know why they can't beat the bad teams.

SteelersCanada
11-29-2012, 08:54 PM
For the love of Christ, can we not talk about Mike Wallace in one thread? Just one - can we do it guys?

Bayz101
11-29-2012, 09:13 PM
For the love of Christ, can we not talk about Mike Wallace in one thread? Just one - can we do it guys?

When losing is the subject, Wallace discussion is certainly relevant and warranted.

zcoop
11-29-2012, 09:29 PM

If Tomlin plays ***** with this, he might end up getting fucked. Wallace is not responsible for our losses this year. Some of you act like he has but overlook the facts that we as a TEAM have lost games both this and last year.

Being pissed at Mike for holding out is cool, but making up bullshit is another.

Twentyvalve
11-29-2012, 10:32 PM
We need to keep Ben for at least 19 more years. That is about the time Ben Jr. can wear the Steelers jersey. I bet he could back up the Steelers as a QB into his mid 50's with JR. as a starter. I bet Tomlin is till coaching and Rooney is still steering the ship. :tt02: