PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu and Brown practice fully, Pouncey at LG?

Fire Arians
11-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Link here, interesting

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/11/steelers-injury-report-troy-polamalu-antonio-brown-practice-fully/

Fire Haley
11-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Team moves Pouncey to left guard

Full panic mode, begin

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/4c7c2cef7f8b9a5569fe0800-400-300/dont-let-financial-disaster-put-you-in-a-panic-mode.jpg

Fire Arians
11-28-2012, 04:32 PM
Team moves Pouncey to left guard

Full panic mode, begin

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/4c7c2cef7f8b9a5569fe0800-400-300/dont-let-financial-disaster-put-you-in-a-panic-mode.jpg

i wouldn't say that, makes sense, legursky is better at center than he is at guard. kinda surprised that colon might be out though?

Darkstorm05
11-28-2012, 04:35 PM
i wouldn't say that, makes sense, legursky is better at center than he is at guard. kinda surprised that colon might be out though?

Believe the practice report has him listed as a knee injury. Though I would agree, better to have Legursky at Center and have Pouncey on the left end. Not like it's permanent.

Steel_Bus_24
11-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Late Season OL Collapse in full swing

Only a matter time before Pouncey goes out with his late season injury

Seriously I want to be optimistic but Im ffffing tired of these injuries being everywhere

Last year it got to the point to where our coaches weren't even safe....

steelerchad
11-28-2012, 04:55 PM
I thought Colon was looking possible for this weekend.

Fire Haley
11-28-2012, 05:05 PM
When's the last time Pouncey ever played guard?

tanda10506
11-28-2012, 05:05 PM
We're playing for a WC spot, we're not going to win the division, so I like the idea. If a player can't go rest him. I'm not saying we "concede" the game, but winning the 4 "easier" games after Baltimore and doing it with a healthy crew that has "gelled" together for the last 4 games before going into the playoffs is more important. I'd love to beat Baltimore, and I still think we have a chance even though most of our stars are either out or playing hurt, but it's not likely and winning the rest of the games with a patched up O line is not likely either. I'm just hoping for no injuries this game. If we can get back to the way the depth chart was just a few weeks ago with Burress added, we can and will win 3 on the road to the SB.

StainlessStill
11-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Doesn't matter who's back there at QB, it's now become a suicide mission for this Steelers offensive line.

Fire Arians
11-28-2012, 05:36 PM
more so worried about the running game missing colon and adams

teegre
11-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Put the best five guys on the field... period.

If Foster can move from RG to RT, I think that Pouncey can hanlde moving from OC to LG. And, as everyone agrees: Legursky is better at OC than at OG.

I like this, because it means that the are allowing The Colon to heal. Win this game, but have The Colon back for the games against the Bolts & Bengals (who are the two teams capable of taking over the Steelers' grasp on a wild-card spot).

AgentGold007
11-28-2012, 05:44 PM
I thought Colon was looking possible for this weekend.

I believe the article said that "Colon was expected to be rested the first part of the week, so it won't be surprising if he doesn't practice on Thursday either". Sounds to me like this was a planned approach for Colon, and the whole thing with Pouncey is there backup plan so they don't get caught off guard (pardon the pun) like they did in Cleveland.

Buddha Bus
11-28-2012, 05:48 PM
As FA stated, Legursky is a better center than he is a guard. Pouncey is clearly the better center of the two, but Legs can be a liability at guard at times. He's proven to be more stable at center and I have faith Pouncey will do better than him at guard. It's not a bad idea. Better to be average across the line than great in one spot and porous at another. At least this way Batch may survive the game.

I think it's just precautionary at this point as a backup plan for Colon. They are resting him most of this week and I wouldn't be surprised to see him practice Friday and play Sunday making it a moot point. Keep the Ratties guessing, I say!

Buddha Bus
11-28-2012, 05:49 PM
I believe the article said that "Colon was expected to be rested the first part of the week, so it won't be surprising if he doesn't practice on Thursday either". Sounds to me like this was a planned approach for Colon, and the whole thing with Pouncey is there backup plan so they don't get caught off guard (pardon the pun) like they did in Cleveland.

Beat me to it. :drink:

Fire Arians
11-28-2012, 05:49 PM
on the bright side, we got polamalu back, bitches!

Steel_Bus_24
11-28-2012, 05:51 PM
As FA stated, Legursky is a better center than he is a guard. Pouncey is clearly the better center of the two, but Legs can be a liability at guard at times. He's proven to be more stable at center and I have faith Pouncey will do better than him at guard. It's not a bad idea. Better to be average across the line than great in one spot and porous at another. At least this way Batch may survive the game.

I think it's just precautionary at this point as a backup plan for Colon. They are resting him most of this week and I wouldn't be surprised to see him practice Friday and play Sunday making it a moot point. Keep the Ratties guessing, I say!

I hope you guys are right, the steelers can't afford anymore set backs on that line with so many play makers out or hobbled

Buddha Bus
11-28-2012, 06:21 PM
I hope you guys are right, the steelers can't afford anymore set backs on that line with so many play makers out or hobbled

We are. My mommy told me so. :thumbsup:

Of course, my mom also said I was just big boned. Between that and the whole Santa Claus debacle, I think she's completely full of shit now. :chuckle:

PhantomJB93
11-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Don't get the Pouncey at guard thing. I get that Legursky might play better at C but I don't think his play at center over guard would outweigh the dropoff of Pouncey from C to G. Not that Pouncey would suck but I can't imagine he'd suddenly play G at a Pro-Bowl level after being a C for so long.

Terminator
11-28-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm not gonna lie. I will nerd out so fucking hard to see Troy's glorious locks flowing in the wind.

WVABE
11-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Now I'm not gonna lie, I'd rather not see Troy on the field at this time.
Let him be a back-up until he's 110%, we're doin' fine w/o him.

Fire Haley
11-28-2012, 08:18 PM
on the bright side, we got polamalu back, bitches!

atta boy!

that's my line

Now watch Troy come back and the secondary get all discombobulated again....it'll be just our luck.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Good golly-- the Oline musical chairs music is going again. Lets see who is the odd man out when the music stops! Now if we just lose Pouncey to his annual ankle injury, we can just replace the entire Oline with gatorade coolers with a number painted on the side of them.

Steel Warrior
11-28-2012, 09:22 PM
atta boy!

that's my line

Now watch Troy come back and the secondary get all discombobulated again....it'll be just our luck.

Exactly, will probably screw up a secondary that's not our biggest problem right now (teach Ike to catch). It's OK, he'll be done and gone with another injury within two games anyhow.

teegre
11-28-2012, 10:47 PM
Good golly-- the Oline musical chairs music is going again. Lets see who is the odd man out when the music stops! Now if we just lose Pouncey to his annual ankle injury, we can just replace the entire Oline with gatorade coolers with a number painted on the side of them.

Actually, Pouncey's recurring ankle injury was the same injury from his rookie season. He had it surgically repaired in the off-season (ahem, in the off-season, Mr. Harrison)... and now it's back to 100%.

But, I get what you're saying.

Fire Arians
11-28-2012, 10:58 PM
atta boy!

that's my line

defense aint the same without 'the hair', besides, when he's in the lineup, turnovers tend to happen more. just hope he's not rushing back

desertsteel
11-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Next man up!

Hawaii 5-0
11-29-2012, 01:20 AM
Next man up!

the standard is the standard!

StainlessStill
11-29-2012, 01:22 AM
..if you will.

tony hipchest
11-29-2012, 02:07 AM
defense aint the same without 'the hair', besides, when he's in the lineup, turnovers tend to happen more. just hope he's not rushing backmaybe the reason it has taken him so long to return is to ensure he isnt rushing back to soon. :hunch:

Fire Arians
11-29-2012, 02:24 AM
maybe the reason it has taken him so long to return is to ensure he isnt rushing back to soon. :hunch:

i really hope that's the case, man.

DoctorCAD
11-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Legursky played lights-out at center earlier this year. That move should not have an impact. Pouncy is a talented guy, he should not have too many problems at guard.

That's 2 out of 5...its the rest of the line that is going to be an issue!

Troy...we'll see?

steelfury02
11-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Troy thing could go either way. Allen has earned the right to continue to start. I'd say for this game - sit Troy out and have him back for next week.

I can see the headline now:

Steelers Biggest Problem Not Loss; Ben and Troy Re-Injured.

Terminator
11-29-2012, 09:21 AM
I would never advocate sitting someone if they are fully cleared to play, and aren't showing any issues in practice.

steelfury02
11-29-2012, 09:29 AM
I would never advocate sitting someone if they are fully cleared to play, and aren't showing any issues in practice.

yea, he has earned to play - but I wouldn't put him in there first series IMO - the guy is not game speed and I guarantee they are looking to burn him on the first few plays - I dunno I think it's a bit of a gamble with him anymore

LVSteelersfan
11-29-2012, 12:48 PM
What is it with you people saying Troy and Ben shouldn't play? Troy has been sitting for most of the season. If he isn't totally healed by now he will never be. And people want to concede this game to a team that beat us by three lousy points a couple weeks ago. They are not as good as their record. They keep winning games they never should have won. Flacco sucks. And I think we are going to crap the bed in Dallas. They are actually a better team than the Ratbirds when they are firing on all cylinders. A road game in the West is always a bad thing for the Steelers. And if the Bungles have any chance at a playoff berth when we play them they are going to go all out. This is a "MUST WIN" game. Period. None of the upcoming games are gimmees. We lost to Cleveland already. And San Diego is not the pushover people seem to think they are.

Curtain_of_Steel
11-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Well we have the #1 def without Troy. If he F's up which he has a tendecy to do being slow etc. Does he get a pass?
No way. If he steps on the field the Def better be playing like a number 1 defense. We finally got Ike to stop being a dumbass on the field, we do not need a loose cannon added back to the mix.

As far as Pouncey moving. Well if we get Ben back, someone needs to protect his blindside, as it sure isnt the crap that we have left. So hopefully this is a precurser to Ben coming on the field. There is no way Ben can take to many hits coming back from the injury.

Terminator
11-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Well we have the #1 def without Troy. If he F's up which he has a tendecy to do being slow etc. Does he get a pass?
No way. If he steps on the field the Def better be playing like a number 1 defense. We finally got Ike to stop being a dumbass on the field, we do not need a loose cannon added back to the mix.

As far as Pouncey moving. Well if we get Ben back, someone needs to protect his blindside, as it sure isnt the crap that we have left. So hopefully this is a precurser to Ben coming on the field. There is no way Ben can take to many hits coming back from the injury.

Although I agree about Ben needing to be more protected than usual, I read he will be wearing a special heavy-duty flak jacket when he returns.

steelfury02
11-29-2012, 01:07 PM
what I'm saying is that I wouldn't start rushing people back because it is a Baltimore game. You're absolutely right though - they aren't as good as their record indicates. The one thing I agree on with the talking heads is that Flacco is one of the players I wouldn't trust down the stretch. However, they are a different team at home - they really are. I have to concede that. They are scoring I think 36+ points at home.

They will be even more motivated to whip our ass because they played like shit the first time around. They know damn well they lose without the ST score. Harbaugh is going to do all he can to embarrass us, and rub salt in the wound. I'm not conceding - but they will do what they can to physically knock out key cogs -as demonstrated by their constant chop blocking. Someone is gonna go down in this game - at this point, I think it is about the bigger picture - not 1 game. We can't afford to lose anymore, but I think we can afford to go 10-6 instead of 11-5. SF game last season is a fine example of taking too big a risk. I think that extra week of getting into the groove with his throws will do wonders compared to rushing him back in. The guy is not ready to release the ball quickly.

bornaSteelersfan
11-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Ravens are overdue for an upset at home. Why not have it happen to a banged-up Steelers team? Antonio Brown back and making clutch catches that Batch can actually throw should help. Troy Polamalu back can easily be the difference. You guys can say what you want about Will Allen, but he is not anywhere near the player Polamalu is. I saw him have difficulty tackling and gave up a couple of first downs because of it this season. Polamalu does't have that problem.

Ravens1
11-29-2012, 01:43 PM

I smell blood.

steelfury02
11-29-2012, 01:56 PM
Ravens are overdue for an upset at home. Why not have it happen to a banged-up Steelers team? Antonio Brown back and making clutch catches that Batch can actually throw should help. Troy Polamalu back can easily be the difference. You guys can say what you want about Will Allen, but he is not anywhere near the player Polamalu is. I saw him have difficulty tackling and gave up a couple of first downs because of it this season. Polamalu does't have that problem.

Troy most absolutely whiffs - not because of tackling - but because of missed-timing and taking more chances (which he has earned the right to do) why mess with chemistry right now? I don't buy the "we're a different defense with Troy in there" stuff anymore. They learned to win without him already. Sure, we're on a 2 game skid - but it isn't because Troy isn't in there - as a matter of fact - the defense is back to being the main reason why we were still in both of those games. I love Troy - he just hasn't proved to be the same. There is only way he can prove that - and it is coming at a time where I wouldn't mess with the chemistry. Hell - if he comes in and starts wacking the ball from Flacco and intercepting -then fine - I really hope I'm wrong.

Terminator
11-29-2012, 01:58 PM
I am really amazed that people are considering that the Steelers shouldn't play the "not even 2 seasons ago" Defensive Player of the Year.

Fire Arians
11-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Troy most absolutely whiffs - not because of tackling - but because of missed-timing and taking more chances (which he has earned the right to do) why mess with chemistry right now? I don't buy the "we're a different defense with Troy in there" stuff anymore. They learned to win without him already. Sure, we're on a 2 game skid - but it isn't because Troy isn't in there - as a matter of fact - the defense is back to being the main reason why we were still in both of those games. I love Troy - he just hasn't proved to be the same. There is only way he can prove that - and it is coming at a time where I wouldn't mess with the chemistry. Hell - if he comes in and starts wacking the ball from Flacco and intercepting -then fine - I really hope I'm wrong.

let's hope he does what he's doing in your avatar :thumbsup:

Hawaii 5-0
11-29-2012, 05:20 PM
posted by Dale Lolley

Wednesday news, notes

Mike Tomlin shook up his depth chart on Tuesday, and then proceeded to shake things up Wednesday on his offensive line.

With Mike Adams, Willie Colon and Max Starks all sitting out Wednesday, the Steelers moved Maurkice Pouncey to left guard, Ramon Foster to right tackle and Kelvin Beachum to left tackle.

Doug Legursky was at center, while rookie David DeCastro was next up at right guard.

But just because the Steelers made these moves on Wednesday does not mean that will be the starting line Sunday in Baltimore.

In fact, I highly doubt that it will be.

This is a shell game Tomlin is playing with the Ravens, hoping they will take their eye off the ball enough to allow the Steelers to come away with a win.

Chances are, when the Steelers line up Sunday, Starks will be at LT, Colon at LG, Pouncey at C, Foster at RG and Beachum at RT.

But if there's an injury during the game, particularly to Colon, Pouncey could make the move to guard.

And if Beachum is overmatched at RT making his first career start, Foster could move over.

But that is not the plan right now.

@ Ben Roethlisberger did some light throwing Wednesday as he was limited in practice. He's getting better, but I'd be surprised if he plays this weekend.

@ Antonio Brown and Troy Polamalu both looked good Wednesday, a big plus for the Steelers.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2012/11/wednesday-news-notes_28.html

FrancoLambert
11-29-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm really worried with Beachum at RT.
I think the Ravens will repeatedly attack this very weak link.

Hawaii 5-0
11-29-2012, 05:56 PM
more so worried about the running game missing colon and adams

Willie is expected to play.

Fire Arians
11-29-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm really worried with Beachum at RT.
I think the Ravens will repeatedly attack this very weak link.

agreed, but i'm sure the coaching staff is giving him his shot because he's proven something to them. otherwise we'd likely see foster shift over and decastro at RG

Hawaii 5-0
11-29-2012, 05:58 PM
agreed, but i'm sure the coaching staff is giving him his shot because he's proven something to them. otherwise we'd likely see foster shift over and decastro at RG

which is most likely the adjustment the Steelers will make if Beachum struggles badly.

Rotorhead
11-29-2012, 06:37 PM
No, they will keep extra prot like heath or johnson in to help

Hawaii 5-0
11-29-2012, 06:40 PM
No, they will keep extra prot like heath or johnson in to help

I would prefer watching Heath run pass patterns instead of staying in to block.

The_Joker
11-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Good thing we are getting 100%

Hawaii 5-0
11-30-2012, 01:59 PM
http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/125/48d700f9383841afaf8d85ff8cdf86f6/l.jpg

austinfrench76
11-30-2012, 02:28 PM
We are definitley getting back to 100%! That's why I would advocate sitting a couple of guys that are "dinged" up. We need them healthy the rest of the way. We can still win without Brown, Colon and Troy (well, maybe). I would let them continue to rest and get ready for the home stretch. I know Troy has technically been resting but another week won't hurt. Bring them all back for San Diego and let it rip! Just my opinion.

Rotorhead
11-30-2012, 03:58 PM
I would prefer Heath running routes too, but we pretty much need to protect Batch so i can see him blocking alot. Besides they have Plax in for a big over the middle target for now

Hawaii 5-0
12-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Ben out, but Brown, Polamalu to return against Ravens

By F. Dale Lolley
Dec 1, 2012

http://ORweb.SX2.atl.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=OR&Date=20121130&Category=SPORTS0403&ArtNo=121139915&Ref=AR&q=100&maxw=550&maxh=500

Steelers linebacker Jason Worilds, shown sacking Browns’ quarterback Brandon Weeden last week, will start in place of injured LaMarr Woodley against the Ravens Sunday.

PITTSBURGH – The Steelers will have some new faces in the lineup Sunday when they travel to Baltimore to take on the Ravens, but one player who definitely won’t be suiting up is quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

After Roethlisberger was limited all week in practice – as he comes back from shoulder and rib injuries suffered three weeks ago – the Steelers declared him out for Sunday’s game.

That was the bad news for Pittsburgh (6-5), which trails Baltimore (9-2) by three games in the AFC North standings.

The good news? Wide receiver Antonio Brown and strong safety Troy Polamalu are expected to be back.

Brown has missed the past three weeks with an ankle sprain, and the Steelers have struggled offensively without their MVP from 2011.

Polamalu, meanwhile, has appeared in just two games while dealing with a calf injury, and hasn’t played since leaving an Oct. 7 win over Philadelphia in the first quarter.

“I think it means a lot, getting leadership and stability out there again,” said Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau. “Our guys have done a good job without him. I don’t think he will be able to be out there every snap but he is going to be able to take a significant role. Let’s face it, when you can have him on the field it’s a plus for us. We are looking forward to his return.”

Those changes won’t be the only ones in store for the Steelers as they try to avoid their first three-game losing streak since 2009.

Jason Worilds will start at outside linebacker in place of LaMarr Woodley, who suffered an ankle injury in last week’s 20-14 loss at Cleveland, while rookie Kelvin Beachum is expected to make his first career start at right tackle protecting third-string quarterback Charlie Batch.

Worilds recorded two sacks against the Browns and leads the Steelers with five sacks in limited playing time.

“He is doing a good job. He actually had tremendous growth last year. He had to play well over half the snaps last year and started a lot of games,” said LeBeau of Worilds, a 2010 second-round draft picks. “He would have been accelerated tremendously, except that he had the injury situation in the offseason. He missed the whole training camp. I would say the last month he has really come back to where he was at the end of last season, when he was coming on strong.”

Beachum, meanwhile, has played just 27 snaps this season as a seventh-round draft pick, but played well after stepping in for Mike Adams, who suffered an ankle injury in the second half last week.

“It’s not a good thing that Mike got hurt, but when he did, Beachum had to go in and play a significant number of plays, the majority of those having to be passing, and he held his own,” said Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley. “He gets a full week of practice taking all the reps, and we need to make sure we’re looking out for him like we always do with those guys on the edges on either side.”

The Steelers also have some uncertainty at left guard. Willie Colon missed last week’s game and sat out practice Wednesday and Thursday with a deep knee bruise. He returned to practice on a limited basis Friday, but is listed as questionable to play Sunday.

If he cannot play, center Maurkice Pouncey is expected to slide over, with Doug Legursky starting at center.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20121130/SPORTS0403/121139915#.ULmGvs2aLO8