PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Ravens take two

Rotorhead
11-29-2012, 11:01 AM
What do you all honestly think our chances are for this game? I think uf we have cured the fumblitis and our Def plays as well as last game, it is a toss up. Hopefully our ST play wont kill us this game!

stb_steeler
11-29-2012, 11:04 AM
If everyone steps up their game we always have a chance...
Should be interesting with a few back from injuries.

Lokki
11-29-2012, 11:11 AM
If the Defense steps up big like they have been and the Offense minimizes the turnovers, then we have a shot. I'm optimistic, but not overly optimistic. If Ben was healthy and playing, there wouldn't be a doubt in my mind that the game is winnable.

Fire Arians
11-29-2012, 11:21 AM
there's always a chance, but I'm not chalking this one up as a win.

decimated o-line, no ben (most likely), and ravens play well at home

our defense may keep the game close, but the ravens right now have the offensive edge to make the plays when they need them, we may have a spark with AB's return, but without ben who will get the ball to him?

charlie batch will have to play well and the line will have to protect him. ugh, someone grab me a beer.

Terminator
11-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Ravens' pass rush was quite dominant against the Chargers.

Win or lose, I fully expect Batch to get fuckin creamed.

StainlessStill
11-29-2012, 12:32 PM
This is probably the first time in some, some time that I give this team a 30% chance of winning against ANY opponent! Even the first game against Balty 2 weeks ago, I would of had them atleast at an 85% chance to win. Next week is a different story with Ben probably to return, but I feel we might get completely manhandled in this one. This watered down Steelers team will still FIGHT and I'll be damned proud to atleast watch the effort!

maddog78
11-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Stop the turnovers and there's a chance, Ben or no. The Ravens have played three close games at home that were decided at the very end. Dallas missed a 51-yard FG, Balt made a controversial FG to beat NE, and Cleveland threw into the end zone twice unsuccessfully in a 23-16 loss.

Harrison is back in form, Troy is back, Brown is back. Force a turnover and hope some receiver breaks a tackle and houses one and you never know.

Fire Arians
11-29-2012, 12:40 PM
part of baltimore's 'success' at home that isn't brought up, is mainly due to 2 blowout wins against weak opponents.

not saying they're *not* tough to beat at home, but talking about them having some air of invincibility at home is a stretch, they can be beaten at home

terpsnation
11-29-2012, 12:49 PM
This is probably the first time in some, some time that I give this team a 30% chance of winning against ANY opponent! Even the first game against Balty 2 weeks ago, I would of had them atleast at an 85% chance to win. Next week is a different story with Ben probably to return, but I feel we might get completely manhandled in this one. This watered down Steelers team will still FIGHT and I'll be damned proud to atleast watch the effort!

The Ravens offense doesn't seem to be able to manhandle anyone lately. I think turnovers will be a big factor - if Pitt manages to hold on to the ball (compared to last week) then it will be a close game. Your defense is dominant, so it's definitely going to limit the Ravens offense. If Batch continues to underthrow your WRs, Reed will definitely manage to find a pick in there somewhere. Cary Williams has also vastly improved on turning his head around and making interceptions, so watch out for him as well.

part of baltimore's 'success' at home that isn't brought up, is mainly due to 2 blowout wins against weak opponents.

not saying they're *not* tough to beat at home, but talking about them having some air of invincibility at home is a stretch, they can be beaten at home

Completely agree. There's definitely no "invincibility" of playing at home. But if you look at the numbers, Flacco generally performs a lot better at home regardless of the opponent. Unfortunately we haven't played 2 divisional games against the same team this year, so it's hard to objectively compare his numbers against the same team (home and away.)

Stu Pidasso
11-29-2012, 12:54 PM
IF they gameplan for Charlie Batch, then we can win. (Dare I say) Bubble screens, short quick crossing passes, and Dwyer running (and not fumbling) add up to a win.

steelfury02
11-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Just no turnovers. That is it as far as I"m concerned. Move the chains - that is all that matters at this point.

You better believe it is going to be a field position battle - and they always mange to find a way to pin us. God forbid we start at least at the 30-40 for once.

teegre
11-29-2012, 01:04 PM
I see (almost) a repeat of the last meeting. I see both offenses struggling, for different reasons:

BALT's offense will struggle, because PITT's defense is clicking.

PITT's offense will struggle, due to injuries.

I'm not "out" on Batch, but I'm also not as confident as I was of him last year. I think that if the Steelers can run the ball (which they did last meeting), Batch will only have to pass "just enough" to keep BALT's defense from stacking the box. [If turnover "force" Batch to HAVE to win the game, it'll be over.]

I see Haley learning from his previous mistake (he stopped calling run plays, once PITT crossed the 50 yard-line). I see Dwyer getting a ton of carries, for about 90 yards, setting up two FGs & a TD.

PITT 13
BALT 10

StainlessStill
11-29-2012, 01:05 PM
The Ravens offense doesn't seem to be able to manhandle anyone lately. I think turnovers will be a big factor - if Pitt manages to hold on to the ball (compared to last week) then it will be a close game. Your defense is dominant, so it's definitely going to limit the Ravens offense. If Batch continues to underthrow your WRs, Reed will definitely manage to find a pick in there somewhere. Cary Williams has also vastly improved on turning his head around and making interceptions, so watch out for him as well.

I'm not worried about the Steelers defense whatsoever. If anything, they will keep us in the game and we are certainly capable of forcing turnovers against Flacco. It's the decimated Steelers offensive line that worries me senseless. Even though the Browns have a flat out BETTER defense than the Ravens, if the Steelers can't get anything going and want to put the ball on the ground, say, 4 times, then the Ravens are more than capable of blowing us out early!

teegre
11-29-2012, 01:06 PM

Completely agree. There's definitely no "invincibility" of playing at home. But if you look at the numbers, Flacco generally performs a lot better at home regardless of the opponent. Unfortunately we haven't played 2 divisional games against the same team this year, so it's hard to objectively compare his numbers against the same team (home and away.)

Good post. Rational... which is so rare these days.

EbonySteel86
11-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Not stoked about this game at all just like the first game. Without Ben, our chances are slim to none. In fact Charlie won't play the whole game. I got him getting hurt before the half. Just hope our running game shows up. If so, we have a chance.

Terminator
11-29-2012, 01:15 PM
I've always thought the whole "better at home, worse when away" deal was just based on coincidence/myth/non-mitigating factors. That goes for any team.

Unkindness
11-29-2012, 01:20 PM
I look up the lines for all of the games. Until yesterday, no one was taking action on this game at all. Now I have found one line with Ravens by 9 one with Ravens by 6.

Control matters I think whoever sets the tone wins. Honestly when Leftwich scored in the first three minutes I thought we had no chance. Probably true if he didn't get hurt.

A Ravens win will be the 13th division win in a row. Longest NFL Division streak since 2002. Ravens last AFC North loss Dec 5 2010.

objectivefan
11-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Without Ben NOT going to happen.

WVABE
11-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Ray Rice-------Terrible Towel-------Nuff Said

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-29-2012, 01:45 PM
The Steelers can do this.

if they don't commit a bunch of stupid turnovers, penalties, and special teams gaffs, they win. A tall order, based on what we have seen thus far from them though.

steeltheone
11-29-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm not worried about the Steelers defense whatsoever. If anything, they will keep us in the game and we are certainly capable of forcing turnovers against Flacco. It's the decimated Steelers offensive line that worries me senseless. Even though the Browns have a flat out BETTER defense than the Ravens, if the Steelers can't get anything going and want to put the ball on the ground, say, 4 times, then the Ravens are more than capable of blowing us out early!

Are you sure the Browns are flat out better than the Ravens Defense? I'm not . It's always potential with the Browns, The Steelers would have made any defense look good with 8 turnovers.

terpsnation
11-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Are you sure the Browns are flat out better than the Ravens Defense? I'm not . It's always potential with the Browns, The Steelers would have made any defense look good with 8 turnovers.

It's a little hard to determine how good the Ravens defense is right now (by looking at stats at least). I mean, we looked absolutely terrible in the beginning of the season, then lost 3 of our main starters, and all of a sudden started performing far better.

The logic eludes me.

Fire Arians
11-29-2012, 01:51 PM

they definitely have a better secondary. cleveland's actually got a tough defense. they just suck because they're getting no help from the offense

StainlessStill
11-29-2012, 02:08 PM

From my observation, absolutely. The Browns came out week 1 against the Eagles and dominated Vick and the Eagles in the WORST way. They continued that dominance in basically every performance this season and that was WITHOUT Joe Haden in every other game here and there.

Going into the season, I said, point blank, that I was more worried about the Browns defense than the Ravens defense and I still feel that way. Fact of the matter, is that if the Browns has ANY surge on offense, they could be co-leaders with Baltimore right now quite easily. Their defense is the real deal. Baltimore has played better the past couple weeks, but there's holes to be had. Regardless, I think our defense has answered the bell and will be the best out of the other 3 in the division.

steelfury02
11-29-2012, 02:11 PM
From my observation, absolutely. The Browns came out week 1 against the Eagles and dominated Vick and the Eagles in the WORST way. They continued that dominance in basically every performance this season and that was WITHOUT Joe Haden in every other game here and there.

Going into the season, I said, point blank, that I was more worried about the Browns defense than the Ravens defense and I still feel that way. Fact of the matter, is that if the Browns has ANY surge on offense, they could be co-leaders with Baltimore right now quite easily. Their defense is the real deal. Baltimore has played better the past couple weeks, but there's holes to be had. Regardless, I think our defense has answered the bell and will be the best out of the other 3 in the division.

I don't think the Ravens fans on here could argue that our defense didn't stop their O, butt cold. Turnovers would be nice - and, I think it would be a close 2nd requirement to the offense not turning over to win.

JeromeBetties63
11-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Just no turnovers. That is it as far as I"m concerned. Move the chains - that is all that matters at this point.

You better believe it is going to be a field position battle - and they always mange to find a way to pin us. God forbid we start at least at the 30-40 for once.

Unless we got a new punter since last game, there is no way we are going to win the field position battle....GET SOMEONE WHO CAN PUNT THE FOOTBALL.

JeromeBetties63
11-29-2012, 03:09 PM
I see (almost) a repeat of the last meeting. I see both offenses struggling, for different reasons:

BALT's offense will struggle, because PITT's defense is clicking.

PITT's offense will struggle, due to injuries.

I'm not "out" on Batch, but I'm also not as confident as I was of him last year. I think that if the Steelers can run the ball (which they did last meeting), Batch will only have to pass "just enough" to keep BALT's defense from stacking the box. [If turnover "force" Batch to HAVE to win the game, it'll be over.]

I see Haley learning from his previous mistake (he stopped calling run plays, once PITT crossed the 50 yard-line). I see Dwyer getting a ton of carries, for about 90 yards, setting up two FGs & a TD.

PITT 13
BALT 10

:tt04:I am starting Dwyer in my fantasy league. Last time I started him he went over 100.

FrancoLambert
11-29-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm very worried and not at all confident; too many questionable issues going on at the same time. QB, OL, RB.

Ricco Suavez
11-29-2012, 04:45 PM
I was on here several weeks ago and I said then that the Browns defense was better than the Ravens, I believed it then and I believe it now. As for this game I am going to pick against the Steelers for only the second time I can remember. I can only hope this one turns out as well as the last time. The last time was in the 2005 playoffs against Indy and Peyton after they had killed us earlier in the year. Without Ben I have little confidence. Defense cannot win this one by themselves.