PDA

View Full Version : Myron imvolved in fender bender.

Lambertfan
08-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Just saw Myron on channel 2 being interviewed about being invloved in a fender bender on the Parkway West. He said traffic was moving along at 5 mph when it happened and he got out and checked to see if anyone was injured and everyone was ok. He looked good and still had that raspy voice.....

klick81
08-11-2006, 11:21 AM
LOL...i thought your signature was talking about Myron. I was like WTF? Hahaha...no, but i hope everything's ok. Shouldn't be anything serious from what you're saying.

steelcity984
08-11-2006, 11:23 AM
I highly reccomend his autobiography.

bigbensgirl7
08-11-2006, 11:24 AM
LOL...i thought your signature was talking about Myron. I was like WTF? Hahaha
I thought the same thing :sofunny:

Lambertfan
08-11-2006, 11:24 AM
The reporter asked him if he was ok to drive,which iritated him. He said he could do handstands.....stupid reporters..bet he wanted to hit him!!!!!:boxing:

HometownGal
08-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Yoi and double yoi!!!!

Thank God Myron is OK. He was one of my late father's lifelong high school chums and was so wonderful and empathetic to our family when Dad died a few years back, which we'll never forget and always love him for.

Myron is one tough bird, just like the man he idolized...Art Rooney, Sr. :cool:

TheTruestBlackGoldFan
08-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Seriously he shouldn't be driving...he is like 300 years old...he can barely stand and that was a while ago i saw him do that. I love Myron just as much as everyone but...give up the keys.

nicesteel4life
08-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Great Guy to sit with and hear his stories, His books are great, His voice is great and let him drive.....He deserves it...It was a 5 mile hr fender bender

X-Terminator
08-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Glad to hear Myron is OK, not just from the accident but overall...

Steelers513
08-11-2006, 12:25 PM
That'as to funny I just kept reading right into your signiture and was like what the heck he was drooling man i hope he's o.k. then I relized it was your signiture.....oh man that was funny LOL.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Just saw Myron on channel 2 being interviewed about being invloved in a fender bender on the Parkway West. He said traffic was moving along at 5 mph when it happened and he got out and checked to see if anyone was injured and everyone was ok. He looked good and still had that raspy voice.....

Probably got distracted lighting one up. He's an excellent writer. He's right there with Chick Hearns and Vin Scully...immortal.

BTW That Elway quote should be enshrined with Lambert. I still remember that hit vividly. At the time I wasn't down with his tactics coming out of Stanford and refusing to go where he was drafted. But Elway proved to be one tough SOB and a HOFer too.

83-Steelers-43
08-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Myron Cope involved in I-279 in accident
Friday, August 11, 2006

By Milan Simonich, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Myron Cope, the legendary Steelers broadcaster, hit two vehicles today while driving on Interstate 279 inbound just before the Fort Pitt Tunnel.

Neither Mr. Cope, 77, nor anyone else was injured in the crashes, which happened just before 11 a.m.

In all, five vehicles were involved in the chain-reaction accident, said Trooper Robin Mungo of the Pennsylvania State Police.

Mr. Cope, driving a Ford Explorer in the right lane, ran into the back of a Nissan Maxima, Trooper Mungo said. In turn, the Maxima then hit the rear of a tractor-trailer.

Mr. Cope then entered the left lane of the parkway, where he hit the rear of a Honda Odyssey minivan. Trooper Mungo said that minivan then hit a Dodge van.

No citation was immediately issued, as investigating troopers were still compiling their report.

But Trooper Mungo said Mr. Cope may have been following the Maxima too closely.

He told police he was concerned that the brakes in his Explorer may not have been working properly. Officers, though, checked his vehicle and found the brakes working well, Trooper Mungo said.

Of the vehicles, the Maxima had the most damage. It was towed away, she said.

Mr. Cope retired before the beginning of the 2005 season.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06223/712851-100.stm

83-Steelers-43
08-11-2006, 02:33 PM
As I was on my way to Robinson today I saw about two ambulances and about three state troopers flying by in the opposite direction. I guess I know why now.....Myron causing a ruckus.

Atlanta Dan
08-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Mr. Cope, driving a Ford Explorer in the right lane, ran into the back of a Nissan Maxima, Trooper Mungo said. In turn, the Maxima then hit the rear of a tractor-trailer.

Mr. Cope then entered the left lane of the parkway, where he hit the rear of a Honda Odyssey minivan. Trooper Mungo said that minivan then hit a Dodge van.

So did he stop after hitting the Maxima then pull over and hit the Odyssey?

If he was going 5 mph he should only have hit the Maxima.

Myron is a Pittsburgh icon, but it may be time for his family to have the dreaded discussion about turning over the car keys. Glad nobody appears to have ben hurt.

memphissteelergirl
08-11-2006, 03:04 PM
That'as to funny I just kept reading right into your signiture and was like what the heck he was drooling man i hope he's o.k. then I relized it was your signiture.....oh man that was funny LOL.

Yep...I did the same thing....hehe
But glad he's OK

83-Steelers-43
08-11-2006, 04:05 PM
So did he stop after hitting the Maxima then pull over and hit the Odyssey?

If he was going 5 mph he should only have hit the Maxima.

Myron is a Pittsburgh icon, but it may be time for his family to have the dreaded discussion about turning over the car keys. Glad nobody appears to have ben hurt.

He hit the nissan maxima, the nissan maxima hit the 18-wheeler. He then swerved to avoid both of those vehicles and ended up running into another vehicle which ended up rear-ending another vehicle. Five vehicles total.

For the record, when they were interviewing Cope on KDKA news he stated his breaks were not working. The police checked the breaks and they worked fine. Charges are pending.

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_223154705.html

SteelCityMan786
08-11-2006, 08:19 PM
I highly reccomend his autobiography.

I happen to have it.