PDA

View Full Version : Concerning the Center Position.....

XxKnightxX
08-11-2006, 12:32 PM
It seems pretty obvious that Jeff Hartings is going to retire this season and supposedly Chukky Okobi is going to replace him. But ask I'm reading the current SI its shows how Hank Fraley from the Eagles is having an issue with his starting position and he is coming upon his last year on his contract and it seems that the Eagles dont intend on keeping him. So how would Hank Fraley playing for the black and Gold seem?? To me it would be a nice fit. Post your opininon.

AZ_Steeler
08-11-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't think Okobi will be replacing Hartings anytime this year unless his surgery goes well and he has a miracle or something. We do have the rookie Philip who has been doing good in training camp and has received praise from both Hartings and Hampton. Also, Simmons has been working at the center position has a just in case scenario.

I don't think the Steelers need to look else where at this time for another center, plus by next year Okobi will be back and Philip can be he back up. The Steelers will be fine with what they have now.

X-Terminator
08-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Nah...Fraley is going to command a fairly large salary, one that I don't think the Steelers would pay even if they needed a center. If Chukky comes back 100% from the surgery, pencil him in as the starting center next season.

Midnightwriter07
08-11-2006, 01:36 PM
We are ok at center and hartings said as of now, he doesnt plan on retiring... IF he stays healthy, i think he will stick around.. OKobi was more insurance policy and i wouldnt hand him the job just yet..... Phillip is a stud, I am sure everyone will see that in the preseason games and love him... If anything happens with hartings not to be play next year, it will be a an open spot as to who the center will be next year or the year after.

With Hartings, Phillip, and Simmons, i dont see a need to bring in another center ... Okobi will be back prolly by the 5th or 6th game at the most .. so i dont think that someone else is needed unless there is an injury that occurs before the start of the season.