PDA

View Full Version : Who's Craving Some Raven??

jrompola
11-30-2012, 09:52 AM
I don't care who's playing in the game. I think the Steelers have a shot at winning any game.

g9PHAozhWfc

Fire Arians
11-30-2012, 10:45 AM
do doubt! people are saying we lost already, we didn't even play the game yet. anything can happen!

batch is probably in his last year, i'm rooting for him to have a great game to send him off right

jrompola
11-30-2012, 11:16 AM
do doubt! people are saying we lost already, we didn't even play the game yet. anything can happen!

batch is probably in his last year, i'm rooting for him to have a great game to send him off right

Charlie Batch is a classy player. He knows he is not the best QB. If we limit the turnovers 3 INTS(i'm ignoring the fumbles bc that won't happen again) we can certainly pull out a win. I'd be concerned if he was the starter for the whole season, but this is 1 game in their house and we need to take it to them.

BleedPurple
11-30-2012, 11:22 AM
I don't care who's playing in the game. I think the Steelers have a shot at winning any game.

g9PHAozhWfc

http://blog.ourstage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Simon-Cowell15655.jpeg

Fire Arians
11-30-2012, 11:32 AM
http://blog.ourstage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Simon-Cowell15655.jpeg

:chuckle:

i82much
11-30-2012, 12:30 PM

So true. Any given Sunday. I mean the fairy godmother could come riding up on a unicorn and cast a spell on the referees. Or, monkees could fly out of my butt and carry Charlie Batch into the end zone 47 times. Or a pack of rabid giraffes could descend on the stadium and decide to play offensive line for the Steelers.

ANYTHING could happen.

White_Steel_Wolfe
11-30-2012, 12:47 PM
STEELERS LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO!

BEAT THEM RAVENS!

i82much
11-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Maybe you guys can call a reverse but instead of running it, throw it to Wallace. Then he can run around real fast like that receiver used to do in John Elway's Quarterback. C'mon, I know some of y'all played Nintendo. Just keep running around in circles until just before the clock expires and then score the TD. STEELERS FTW!!!

Hawaii 5-0
11-30-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.politicalnightmare.com/uploaded_images/RoadtoTampa-765994.jpg

stb_steeler
11-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Maybe you guys can call a reverse but instead of running it, throw it to Wallace. Then he can run around real fast like that receiver used to do in John Elway's Quarterback. C'mon, I know some of y'all played Nintendo. Just keep running around in circles until just before the clock expires and then score the TD. STEELERS FTW!!!

makes no sense....:noidea:

i82much
11-30-2012, 01:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbm-jzs-gds

steelerchad
11-30-2012, 01:44 PM
So true. Any given Sunday. I mean the fairy godmother could come riding up on a unicorn and cast a spell on the referees. Or, monkees could fly out of my butt and carry Charlie Batch into the end zone 47 times. Or a pack of rabid giraffes could descend on the stadium and decide to play offensive line for the Steelers.

ANYTHING could happen.

Or maybe we just run the ball down the throat of that weak a** run D you got instead of fumbling 5 times.

Rotorhead
11-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Or maybe the Ravens can play offense as poorly as they did 2 weeks ago and not get a lucky ST TD and we can win the game because our QB doesnt get 2 broken ribs on tge first drive. You do remember 2 weeks ago right, i know the crack high is wearing off and you are realizing there are no giraffes, but if/when your head clears maybe you can remember your team barely won against our backup QB who played with broken ribs mist of the game . . . If not for a ST TD you wouldnt have won. So anything is possible.

BleedPurple
11-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Or maybe we just run the ball down the throat of that weak a** run D you got instead of fumbling 5 times.

Give it your best shot, will you be wearing your throwback, Fumblebee uniforms?

BleedPurple
11-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Or maybe the Ravens can play offense as poorly as they did 2 weeks ago and not get a lucky ST TD and we can win the game because our QB doesnt get 2 broken ribs on tge first drive. You do remember 2 weeks ago right, i know the crack high is wearing off and you are realizing there are no giraffes, but if/when your head clears maybe you can remember your team barely won against our backup QB who played with broken ribs mist of the game . . . If not for a ST TD you wouldnt have won. So anything is possible.

That just doesn't happen at home.

Fire Arians
11-30-2012, 03:10 PM
That just doesn't happen at home.

that's why they play the games

BleedPurple
11-30-2012, 03:13 PM
that's why they play the games

Agreed, but I don't want him to expect us to come out playing like we do on the road on offense, AKA doo doo.

i82much
11-30-2012, 03:28 PM

Here's to that. I'm pretty good at rationalizing ways for my teams to win too. :tt02::rofl:

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-30-2012, 03:57 PM
A Steelers win is not out of the question.

* The Steelers have more to play for this Sunday. The Ravens have pretty much tied up the AFC North, they are just playing for seeding now.

* Polamalu is back.

* Antonio Brown is back.

* DeCastro is back.

* The Colon SHOULD be back.

* Charlie has had another week of practice.

The_Joker
11-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Here we go Steel-men, we can do this!

Show the Ravens we still can play 'em hard!

BleedPurple
11-30-2012, 04:06 PM
A Steelers win is not out of the question.

* The Steelers have more to play for this Sunday. The Ravens have pretty much tied up the AFC North, they are just playing for seeding now.

* Polamalu is back.

* Antonio Brown is back.

* DeCastro is back.

* The Colon SHOULD be back.

* Charlie has had another week of practice.

I honestly hope the Ravens players are not overlooking you all as much as the Ravens fans seem to be. I do not think they are. I am predicting a Ravens win at home, but I know that, as it is 90% of the time, this will be a tight rivalry match up.

21-17 Ravens.

Good Luck on Sunday.

The_Joker
11-30-2012, 04:08 PM
I honestly hope the Ravens players are not overlooking you all as much as the Ravens fans seem to be. I do not think they are. I am predicting a Ravens win at home, but I know that, as it is 90% of the time, this will be a tight rivalry match up.

21-17 Ravens.

Good Luck on Sunday.

A lot classier than most of the Ravens fans I've met. +1 to you bro.

i82much
11-30-2012, 04:41 PM

21-17 Ravens.

Good Luck on Sunday.

Totally agree. Still fun to talk a lil smack though.

WVABE
11-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Give it your best shot, will you be wearing your throwback, Fumblebee uniforms?:rofl: that is funny I don't care who you are,
"fumblebee uniforms". That perticular day, the name fits. :tt02:

The_Joker
11-30-2012, 04:51 PM
:rofl: that is funny I don't care who you are,
"fumblebee uniforms". That perticular day, the name fits. :tt02:

Sad part is that that insult is dead on...

AndyWitmyer
11-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Flacco hardly did much of anything the last time we played, and their running game sucked. This time we'll have a backup who's at least gotten the opportunity to shake off his rust and develop a chemistry with his line. We can definitely win this game.

In fact, it pains me to say this, but the Steelers might very well be viewed by the Ravens as being something of a trap game. Our team is expected to lose - by the press, by the fans, by the professional gamblers - with a backup QB and a team that's been banged up beyond belief, we're exactly the type of team that top ranked teams end up falling to. The type of team that will leave people scratching their heads when we come out and beat their c@ndy @sses.

aa14
11-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Sorry fellas, Ravens are winning by 20 and it will be ugly. It puts a huge damper on your playoff chances and we sweep you for the 2nd year in a row.:tt02:

i82much
11-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Flacco hardly did much of anything the last time we played, and their running game sucked. This time we'll have a backup who's at least gotten the opportunity to shake off his rust and develop a chemistry with his line. We can definitely win this game.

In fact, it pains me to say this, but the Steelers might very well be viewed by the Ravens as being something of a trap game. Our team is expected to lose - by the press, by the fans, by the professional gamblers - with a backup QB and a team that's been banged up beyond belief, we're exactly the type of team that top ranked teams end up falling to. The type of team that will leave people scratching their heads when we come out and beat their c@ndy @sses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

anything is possible ...

Hawaii 5-0
11-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Sorry fellas, Ravens are winning by 20 and it will be ugly. It puts a huge damper on your playoff chances and we sweep you for the 2nd year in a row.:tt02:

and I'll bet your male cheerleaders will be jumping all over the place out of sheer joy...:cheer:

aa14
11-30-2012, 07:14 PM
and I'll bet your male cheerleaders will be jumping all over the place out of sheer joy...:cheer:

Yeah, what's wrong with that? :thumbsup:

SH-Rock
11-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Close game. Steelers somehow manage to pull a win 12-9.

Hawaii 5-0
11-30-2012, 07:50 PM
Yeah, what's wrong with that? :thumbsup:

nothing at all, I hear the view can be very nice at times...:drink:

http://legacy.barstoolsports.com/_images/articles/2007/10/03/football.jpg

The_Joker
11-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Haha, you guys....

SteelersCanada
11-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Why isn't this the SNF game? No one gives a shit about Philly and Dallas - two teams that aren't going to make the playoffs are in primetime. Great call, NFL. You'd think when Philly was 3-6 or 3-7 they would've bumped this game to primetime, but that would have made sense.

The_Joker
11-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Ugh, we already had one?

SteelersCanada
11-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Ugh, we already had one?

We've had three primetime games (four maybe?) but Ravens - Steelers should always be in primetime. It's the best game of the week, regardless of who else is playing.

AndyWitmyer
11-30-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't like publicly predicting scores...but, oh well...why not? Whether I'm right or wrong, I'll be eating crow one way or the other!

Steelers win...13-12

Yes, I realize that's a very unusual score. It would likely require the Ravens to get score 2 points on a safety - but, if we end up getting pinned enough at some in the game, given our offense, a safety seems somehow fated.

:toofunny:

The_Joker
11-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Steelers 17-14.

steelerchad
11-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Why isn't this the SNF game? No one gives a shit about Philly and Dallas - two teams that aren't going to make the playoffs are in primetime. Great call, NFL. You'd think when Philly was 3-6 or 3-7 they would've bumped this game to primetime, but that would have made sense.

it can't be. No team is allowed more than 5 prime times games in a season and we've already had all 5 of ours.

Denver- SN
Titans- TN
Bengals-SN
KC-MN
Ravens- SN

It's actually a disadvantage playing a lot of prime times, especially Thursdays and Mondays.

SteelersCanada
11-30-2012, 08:47 PM
it can't be. No team is allowed more than 5 prime times games in a season and we've already had all 5 of ours.

Denver- SN
Titans- TN
Bengals-SN
KC-MN
Ravens- SN

It's actually a disadvantage playing a lot of prime times, especially Thursdays and Mondays.

Well, that clears it up. Thank you. :drink:

AndyWitmyer
11-30-2012, 11:08 PM
And, how will this final score of 13-12 be achieved? Simple - I'll pretend to be an oracle and use my (probably non-existent) psychic abilities to give you an "accurate" portrayal of how the game will unfold. Think of it as being a different sort of "fantasy football". Here's what my visions are telling me:

1st Quarter - Ravens will get the kickoff and from there, both teams will have a slow start, but after a handful of punts, and with a few minutes left in the first quarter, the Ravens will be first to score...from deep in Steelers territory, on a breakaway rushing TD from Ray Rice.

+With the time winding down, the scoreless Steelers will end the first quarter trailing by seven (Balt 7 - Pitt 0)+

2nd Quarter - At some point during the Steelers next offensive drive, and after getting the ball nearly to midfield, Batch will get sacked on a third and long...the result of which will be an unfortunate turnover on a forced fumble. But after a handful of short plays and a Raven's penalty, the Steelers D will force the Ravens to settle for an early 2nd quarter FG attempt by Tucker from 20 yards out.

+This successful FG will increase the Ravens lead to ten points over the still scoreless Steelers (Balt 10 - Pitt 0)+

After a plethora of punts filling out much of a mostly uneventful 2nd quarter, the Steelers offense will finally get a break. Aided by a penalty, the Batch-led offense will march down the field with a small arsenal of short passes, a handful of rushes, and a few 3rd down conversions the Steelers will stall out on back-to-back offensive penalties...still, with 20 seconds left on the clock, the Steelers will end up walking away with 3 points from a successful 37 yard FG attempt by Shaun Suisham.

+After an uneventful kickoff, the Steelers will head back to the locker room still trailing the Ravens (Balt 10 - Pitt 3)+

Halftime Score: Ravens 10, Steelers 3

3rd Quarter - The Steelers will get an excellent start the second half with a long return from Rainey, which will put the Steelers into Ravens territory from the outset. On first down, Batch will be given an opportunity to throw it deep to an open Mike Wallace, who will actually catch the ball AND run with it. Seconds later, Wallace will get tripped up just four yards short of the goal. After two unsuccessful attempts to run the ball in, Batch will fake a hand off to Dwyer, and after a near sack, scramble to the right...seconds later, an open Sanders will catch a short and wobbly lateral pass in what probably should have been a broken play. Fortunately Sanders will make a catch and run it in for a one yard TD pass.

+The Steelers are finally tied the Ravens (Balt 10 - Pitt 10)+

After kicking off, Baltimore will be aided by a predictable penalty committed by the hapless Steelers ST. Feeling the need to answer, the Ravens will go into no-huddle. The Steelers D will seemingly regress, going offsides and allowing the offense to put together an 8 play drive to the Pittsburgh 23. With a sense of urgency, Flacco will unexpectedly attempt to throw a deep pass into the endzone...and right into the hands of Ike Taylor...who will get tackled a few yards from the Steelers' goal line. Two unsuccessful plays later and pinned down at his own 2, Batch will end up taking a sack in the endzone. Steelers fan will be screaming at the screen - not just because of the sack/safety - but also because the officiating crew will have somehow missed a blatantly unflagged defensive penalty that should have negated the Raven's score. Regardless, the Ravens will come away with a two point lead over a shaken up Steelers, and for the remainder of the 3rd quarter, both teams will struggle offensively.

+The Steelers will emerge from the third quarter trailing Baltimore by two (Balt 12 - Pitt 10)+

4rd Quarter - The last quarter will begin much like it how the first one started - with a plethora of uneventful plays - penalty stalling drives - deep punts - and effective defensive play from both teams. But with three minutes left on the clock, Troy forces a fumble on a short pass from Flacco that was caught, but nevertheless fumbled. After pulling numerous players off of the ball, the Steelers get the ball back on their own 45. Thus begins what will be the final drive of the game...a slow and steady march that will take the Steelers to the two minute warning. Still trailing by two, and with the clock having wound down to about 1:30...the Steelers will fail to convert a third down, forcing a second Suisham FG attempt...this time, from 45 yards out. The kick is good.

+With Suisham's second FG, the Steelers will finally pull ahead by one (Pitt 13 - Balt 12)+

With the game coming down to the final minute, Baltimore...with one TO remaining and only trailing by only one point...will receive the ball once more. Their return man narrowly escapes a few tackles, and will get 30 yards on the return, giving Steelers fans everywhere heart palpitations. With time running down, Flacco's offense will make a dash for the FG range...and what might have been the win...but, on 2nd and 10, standing at the Steelers 41...and with less than 30 seconds remaining, Flacco will attempt to make a pass down the center, but before he can release the ball, Jason Worilds will force another turnover, knocking the ball loose. The Steelers will recover, and once the dust has settled, the Pittsburgh Steelers will take the knee. And the win.

Final Score: Steelers 13 - Ravens 12

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Box Score | 1stQ | 2ndQ | 3rdQ | 4thQ | Final |
Steelers --------- 0 ----- 3 ------- 7 ------ 3 ------ 13
Ravens----------- 7------ 3 ------- 2 ------ 0 ------ 12
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, as fun as that was the write and imagine, I'm fully aware that the likelihood of the game playing out in the manner in which I described is about as likely as winning the Powerball (of course - some of the Steelers almost did, so who knows!?) If it does happen as I described...then I guess I should start betting! If not...then I guess I have no life!

:hatsoff:

Lady Steel
11-30-2012, 11:57 PM

g9PHAozhWfc

:dancing:

SteelersCanada
12-01-2012, 12:24 AM
@AndyWitmyer - I didn't want to quote that whole thing, but that was fun to read man. Good job, and even better having the Steelers win at the end. If the game actually does go like that, or anything like it, we'll be sittin' pretty.

Lady Steel
12-01-2012, 12:29 AM
@AndyWitmyer - I didn't want to quote that whole thing, but that was fun to read man. Good job, and even better having the Steelers win at the end. If the game actually does go like that, or anything like it, we'll be sittin' pretty.

I was thinking the same thing. Andy's write-up was very well thought out, and I was picturing the game while I was reading it. I was laughing because I can actually see everything he wrote actually happening in the game. If the game would turn out as written, Andy would be a football genius! :tt:

AndyWitmyer
12-01-2012, 03:29 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Andy's write-up was very well thought out, and I was picturing the game while I was reading it. I was laughing because I can actually see everything he wrote actually happening in the game. If the game would turn out as written, Andy would be a football genius! :tt:

*blush* Aww, you're too kind! Just promise that when the real game is over, and let's just say my "psychic prediction" turns out to be..."mildly inaccurate" (read: incredibly wrong)...that you're not going to come at me with a black and gold mob wielding pitchforks and torches!! Even psychic football geniuses have been known to be wrong...occasionally! :flap:

WVABE
12-01-2012, 05:02 AM
Nostra-Andy :old:

Ravnet
12-01-2012, 07:31 AM
Or maybe the Ravens can play offense as poorly as they did 2 weeks ago and not get a lucky ST TD

How was that special teams' touchdown lucky?

This year, the Ravens have the best unit in the league by a mile, and the second best assemblage in over twenty years (https://twitter.com/benmaller/status/274243974246572033).

Baltimore's special teams unit has openly talked about winning games by itself.

ShaneFalco
12-01-2012, 11:39 AM
We are going to get smashed, the Browns made us look foolish, THE BROWNS, now we go on the road to face our rivals in one of the toughest places in the League. Without Ben this offense is nothing.

JeromeBetties63
12-01-2012, 12:47 PM

This year, the Ravens have the best unit in the league by a mile, and the second best assemblage in over twenty years (https://twitter.com/benmaller/status/274243974246572033).

Special teams is part of the game. But the elite Joe Flacco and his vaunted skill players on offense were completely inept that whole game. Mostly because they were dominated and outplayed by the Steeler defense. :tt02: The "luck" part comes in, in that they got a return in a game where a return was the ONLY way they were going to win. They got it in a game where their opponents starting QB was out and the back-up had broken ribs. Here's the thing. The Ravens are a good team. Good teams do make some of their own luck. Teams that win get some calls, bounces, breaks to go their way. But so far this season, the Ravens have lived a charmed life. They have had numerous calls, bounces and breaks go their way in numerous games and key moments. Unless they can manage to favorable call, good bounce and good break their way to the title...it won't happen. If the Ravens had played the Steeler team that beat the Giants two weeks early in the fashion they did, the Steelers woulda won that game 27-6. That's the luck part....timing, injuries, calls, bounces, breaks....all together in a perfect storm which has enabled a good team to get to 9-2....their play warrants about 6-5. It will show up before the season ends....one and done.

StainlessStill
12-01-2012, 01:00 PM

I've seen the Rat's special teams this year completely make up for the total ill-play of not only Joe Flacco, but the Ravens defense. Without Jones doing his thing, the Ravens could be sittin' even with us or possibly even chasing us!

Just know, that come crunch time, the special teams isn't going to come through and expose the absolute living SHIT out of a very ordinary Ravens team all around! It's comin dude....

Fire Arians
12-01-2012, 01:09 PM
my boy keenan is gonna pick off flacco tomorrow

StainlessStill
12-01-2012, 01:10 PM
BleedPurple and all his Ravens friends that have been posting here recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w14suGh40-w

tanda10506
12-01-2012, 02:08 PM
my boy keenan is gonna pick off flacco tomorrow

Lewis is one of the reasons I have hope for the SB still. Him and Taylor are playing like top tier CB's. That said, if Lewis picks him off, he better take it to the house, because Batch can't even get us past the 50.

Hawaii 5-0
12-01-2012, 02:57 PM
We are going to get smashed, the Browns made us look foolish, THE BROWNS, now we go on the road to face our rivals in one of the toughest places in the League. Without Ben this offense is nothing.

you obviously are an eternal optimist, thanks for sharing your endless enthusiasm and love for the Steelers with your first post here on this board. :tt02:

The_Joker
12-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Whine whine whine.

We got this, all we gotta do is score 17 or so.

AndyWitmyer
12-02-2012, 04:55 PM
My projected score at the halftime:

My predicted score:
+After an uneventful kickoff return, the Steelers will head back to the locker room still trailing the Ravens (Balt 10 - Pitt 3)+

Halftime Score: Ravens 10, Steelers 3

Actual Halftime Score: Ravens 13, Steelers 6

Both have performed slightly better in the first half than I anticipated - but not by much! Same score differential!

Let's pick it up in the 2nd half! :tt02:

austinfrench76
12-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Nice call! Awesome win today! I think Harrion';s belly if full of ratbird meat!!!!!!!!!!! Damn this was an awesome win!