PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger officially OUT for the Ravens game

Terminator
11-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Ben Roethlisberger will not play Sunday vs. Ravens

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: Nov. 30, 2012 at 01:06 p.m. Updated: Nov. 30, 2012 at 01:22 p.m.

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger tried to practice this week. It didn't help his chances of playing on Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reports Roethlisberger will not play against the Ravens on Sunday, according to a Steelers team source. Breer reports that Roethlisberger is regaining strength in his right shoulder, where he sustained an SC sprain just under three weeks ago. While Breer's source said Roethlisberger looked "better" in practice, he isn't where he needs to be yet.

Roethlisberger sounded resigned to watching Charlie Batch in comments to the media Thursday.

"I firmly believe that (Batch will play well)," Roethlisberger told reporters. "They know what he's capable of. He's been doing it a long time. They respect him. I think he's ready to rise to the occasion."

Batch struggled badly with his decision making against the Browns last week. His arm just didn't look strong enough to compete at the NFL level. While Batch has been a great asset over the years, but the Steelers surely hope it's the last start of his 15-year NFL career.

At 6-5, the Steelers can't afford many more losses. It's hard to imagine them winning against a quality opponent again until Roethlisberger is truly healthy.

Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000103128/article/ben-roethlisberger-has-little-chance-of-playing-sunday

Fire Arians
11-30-2012, 01:34 PM
no surprise here, sit em

stb_steeler
11-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Whoda thunkith......Prolly out alot more games maybe!:doh:

defence
11-30-2012, 01:37 PM
So why Batch?? can't Hoyer play. Anyone's gotta be better than Batch. Oh well 6 and 6!!:mad:

steelfury02
I posted as well - you beat me to it! might as well hope for next week now

Terminator
So why Batch?? can't Hoyer play. Anyone's gotta be better than Batch. Oh well 6 and 6!!:mad:

Agreed. Batch is going to get fucking creamed.

White_Steel_Wolfe
11-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Sigh 6-6 coming up

defence
11-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Honestly guys!! I'm so frikin pissed off to see this. I swear; the way our d has been playing; all we need is half a quarterback to manage the game and make some first downs. This guy is ridiculously bad. Well I guess I can take my kid to soccer practice instead of watching this "debacle". Saves me from throwing pillows and the wife thinking I need anger management .:doh:

jrompola
11-30-2012, 01:46 PM
I posted as well - you beat me to it! might as well hope for next week now

Hopefully he comes back against the Chargers...I didn't buy tickets to watch Charlie or Byron play qb

jrompola
11-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Honestly guys!! I'm so frikin pissed off to see this. I swear; the way our d has been playing; all we need is half a quarterback to manage the game and make some first downs. This guy is ridiculously bad. Well I guess I can take my kid to soccer practice instead of watching this "debacle". Saves me from throwing pillows and the wife thinking I need anger management .:doh:

I'm going golfing Sunday morning, so potentially I can have a whole day of cursing and being upset. I'm banking on a great round and the Steelers pulling out a close game tho :tt04:

Hawaii 5-0
11-30-2012, 01:49 PM
the fact that Ben is injured and still can't play is obviously the training staff's fault...:wink02:

Rick5895
11-30-2012, 01:50 PM
This will be a tough game, however, doesn't necessarily turn into a loss. Any given Sunday. Call me a homer with rosé coloured glasses but I still think we can win. The defense gas been very good recently A couple of plays here and there from the offense and dare I say it special teams we may just sleek out a win. Assuming of course we don't fumble the ball away

stb_steeler
11-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah lets all jump ship when the tough get goin!!!
Charlie may not be Ben, but i bet he will try to do his best in this game.
Everyone makes it sound as if he threw the Browns game so this entitles everyone to think he will do poorly. DO you think Charlies goin into this game thinking the way some of you are? It maynot be one of the best years but it is what it is.... So why cant we all root the guy on! For a minute there i thought i was on the Cleveland Board.

BlaZeQuietly
11-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Might as well just run the ball every time, I really think we would be better off. Even if they other team KNEW it was a running play, do NOT let that ball go ANYWHERE unless it is handed DIRECTLY to Dwyer.

defence
11-30-2012, 02:05 PM
:noidea::noidea:Yeah lets all jump ship when the tough get goin!!!
Charlie may not be Ben, but i bet he will try to do his best in this game.
Everyone makes it sound as if he threw the Browns game so this entitles everyone to think he will do poorly. DO you think Charlies goin into this game thinking the way some of you are? It maynot be one of the best years but it is what it is.... So why cant we all root the guy on! For a minute there i thought i was on the Cleveland Board.

I would love to be optimistic. But I'm a realist. Batch stinks and the Ravens will have the same game plan as the Browns. 9 in the box and dare Batch to beat him. Well; we all saw how that worked out last week. I just say; if he sucks up the joint by halftime; can we please at least see what Hoyer can do???:noidea:

StainlessStill
11-30-2012, 02:06 PM
The only thing that worries me is the status of the offensive line. We know what we're getting out of Charlie if we could somehow unleash him, but it's all going to start upfront. Of course, 8 turnovers won't help much.

I look for a lot of sweeps to the outside, reverse's, screen's, draws and maybe even a trick play here or there dialed up to keep a guy like Suggs home and stabilized.

stb_steeler
11-30-2012, 02:10 PM
:noidea::noidea:

I would love to be optimistic. But I'm a realist. Batch stinks and the Ravens will have the same game plan as the Browns. 9 in the box and dare Batch to beat him. Well; we all saw how that worked out last week. I just say; if he sucks up the joint by halftime; can we please at least see what Hoyer can do???:noidea:

I understand how some feel about it but, we cant change it. The best is to hope for a good performance. I have my doubts to but on the other hand im hoping we see differently on Sunday! Believe me ive seen worse seasons than this one over the years.

Terminator
11-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Everyone makes it sound as if he threw the Browns game so this entitles everyone to think he will do poorly.

He had 3 interceptions, a few overthrown easy passes, and many passes underthrown. The guy sucks.

He also was slow to get up after a relatively mild hit.

Edman
11-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Thank God.

He didn't even need to play this game.

StainlessStill
11-30-2012, 02:16 PM
We're going to find out how good our coaching staff really is. Not only are we following one of the most pitiful offensive performances in quite some time, we are going into Baltimore watered down. If we come out with a "W" then it's going to take one helluva coaching effort to put guys like Kevin Beachum and Charlie Batch in a position to SUCCEED.

BlaZeQuietly
11-30-2012, 02:16 PM
No chance, thats what we've got NO CHANCE IN HELL thats what we got ! (vince mcmahnons old entry music lol)

stb_steeler
11-30-2012, 02:21 PM
He had 3 interceptions, a few overthrown easy passes, and many passes underthrown. The guy sucks.

He also was slow to get up after a relatively mild hit.

Ok, if the Steelers threw Hoyer into the mix and say he fumbles the ball 3 times during a hand off then proceeds to throw 2-3 quick pix for 6... Whats the headlines gonna read the day after?.....Oh! why didnt they throw Charlie Batch in?
I realize that hes not the best QB but, throwing a QB into the mix that really doesnt know the Steeler offense yet is just as bad.

MasterOfPuppets
11-30-2012, 02:21 PM
No chance, thats what we've got NO CHANCE IN HELL thats what we got ! (vince mcmahnons old entry music lol)

_Xm1XErUvXo

Steel_Bus_24
11-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Im still worried Ben's going to be out for a few more after this one.....The original reports about his injury had him coming back mid-late Dec

defence
11-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Im still worried Ben's going to be out for a few more after this one.....The original reports about his injury had him coming back mid-late Dec

Well we better get Hoyer ready fast man!!!!!!:popcorn:

BlaZeQuietly
11-30-2012, 02:33 PM

I saw some video of him throwing the football around on espn a little while ago, he didnt look like he was able to put much zip on the ball. each throw looked like a painful loft. I do think he will be back NEXT week though.

BlaZeQuietly
11-30-2012, 02:36 PM
If I were Ben I would just eat a bunch of oxycontin and go out there and throw my arm off, then if it hurts after the game take twice as much oxycontin as before and repete this cycle all the way through the superbowl, put ben in rehab over the off season and replace his mangled arm with a robotic arm that is 100% accurate Go Cyborg Ben!

steelerchad
11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Might as well just run the ball every time, I really think we would be better off. Even if they other team KNEW it was a running play, do NOT let that ball go ANYWHERE unless it is handed DIRECTLY to Dwyer.

Not kidding here. But after Timmon's pick 6 to start the Cleveland game, we likely win if all we do when we get the ball is take a knee 3 times and punt.

Cleveland would have needed a TD and FG or 3 field goal drives against our D and I doubt they would have. With 8 TO's, many of them deep in our end, they only got 20 points.

BlaZeQuietly
11-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Not kidding here. But after Timmon's pick 6 to start the Cleveland game, we likely win if all we do when we get the ball is take a knee 3 times and punt.

Cleveland would have needed a TD and FG or 3 field goal drives against our D and I doubt they would have. With 8 TO's, many of them deep in our end, they only got 20 points.

Lol its funny but sad that we would actually have won that browns game if he had no quarterback what so ever, maybe just put lebeau in there and have him take a knee every time like you said, all we would need is one pick six and I think theres a better chance of that than us scoring points offensively.

AgentGold007
11-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Hate to cry over spilled milk, but it seems like those losses to Oakland and Tennessee are amplified right now. If we'd won those two games we'd be able to come out of this situation in a lot better shape. Gotta win games that we should win. Oh well...

StainlessStill
11-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Hate to cry over spilled milk, but it seems like those losses to Oakland and Tennessee are amplified right now. If we'd won those two games we'd be able to come out of this situation in a lot better shape. Gotta win games that we should win. Oh well...

They dug their own grave and we must live with the consequences. It will be a nail-biter from here on out and we could end up missing the post-season by one game.

It's hard to believe watching Oakland and Tennessee's recent performances and coming up with the brain-power to wonder how we lost to those embarrassments.

Jesus, we just don't have control. It was our defense breaking down in the 4th QRT early in the season and when they are finally playing like champs, the offense sputters into a downward spiral.

Feels like the end of last season but with much less hope.

BlaZeQuietly
11-30-2012, 03:27 PM
They dug their own grave and we must live with the consequences. It will be a nail-biter from here on out and we could end up missing the post-season by one game.

It's hard to believe watching Oakland and Tennessee's recent performances and coming up with the brain-power to wonder how we lost to those embarrassments.

Jesus, we just don't have control. It was our defense breaking down in the 4th QRT early in the season and when they are finally playing like champs, the offense sputters into a downward spiral.

Feels like the end of last season but with much less hope.

A 100% healthy this years team is better than a 100% healthy last years team. We were really clicking before ben went out. Haleys system works great here but ben is the biggest piece of the puzzle. Something tells me if we get healthy and makes the play offs, there would be no tebow miracles to knock us out. We have probably the best defense in the league and once our O is healthy watch out cause if we make the play offs the season starts over I think we would have a good chance of beating ANYONE in the AFC. I could see A team like San Fran beating us though, even if we are healthy.

TRH
11-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Batch again.......good god

The_Joker
11-30-2012, 03:32 PM
BOO HOO WE SUCK WHINE WHINE WHINE

Suck it up pansies.

StainlessStill
11-30-2012, 03:36 PM
A 100% healthy this years team is better than a 100% healthy last years team. We were really clicking before ben went out. Haleys system works great here but ben is the biggest piece of the puzzle. Something tells me if we get healthy and makes the play offs, there would be no tebow miracles to knock us out. We have probably the best defense in the league and once our O is healthy watch out cause if we make the play offs the season starts over I think we would have a good chance of beating ANYONE in the AFC. I could see A team like San Fran beating us though, even if we are healthy.

Key is to qualify in the post-season. We literally have to play PERFECT football from here on out. Even though the defense is playing TOP CALIBER, their simply going to have to come up with the turnover in the most opportunistic times (and the refs have to SEE it this time:banging:)

That said, it tickle's me how important we are to Ravens fans. Over watching their board, you'd think this is their season and that important note will always be the reason why their petty little hearts will break at the end of this season. Their not going anywhere whether they beat a Charlie-led watered down Steelers team or not!

Stu Pidasso
11-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Hopefully he comes back against the Chargers...I didn't buy tickets to watch Charlie or Byron play qb

No, you bought a ticket to watch the Steelers. If you're not going to root and support the whole team, give me your tickets, we don't need you.

StainlessStill
11-30-2012, 03:53 PM
No, you bought a ticket to watch the Steelers. If you're not going to root and support the whole team, give me your tickets, we don't need you.

jrompola= BANDWAGON fan at their finest!:wave:

steelerchad
11-30-2012, 04:10 PM

well to be honest, I'm a season ticket holder and I drive up 6 hours from Richmond. I take my 2 older kids to 1 game every year. It is going to be the Chargers. If Ben doesn't play, I may give those seats to my dad and roll up with the kids for Cincy. It's a bigger game and kids will want to see the Steelers with Ben. It just makes for a more enjoyable game for the kids if the offense is clicking, plus I always try to get them to a game I think we'll win.

I don't consider myself a bandwagon fan by the way.

PhantomJB93
11-30-2012, 04:23 PM
I've already accepted defeat this week so I won't be disappointed. Hopefully we somehow pull out the W anyway but I'm not in the least bit expecting it.

I just hope so bad Ben comes back healthy at some point and we can beat them in the playoffs, I'm fucking tired of losing to them especially when we only have half a starting lineup and they act like they beat the real Steelers.

jrompola
11-30-2012, 04:47 PM

Bandwagon fan my A$$. I'm clearly going to the game and I'm going to cheer the Steelers on regardless. A tear may come down my cheek when renegade comes on. If you were buying tickets in September and it was your 2nd game ever at Heinz field and you were driving 4+ hours to get there you would want to see the Steelers at their best too. Give me a break you douche

jrompola
11-30-2012, 04:50 PM
well to be honest, I'm a season ticket holder and I drive up 6 hours from Richmond. I take my 2 older kids to 1 game every year. It is going to be the Chargers. If Ben doesn't play, I may give those seats to my dad and roll up with the kids for Cincy. It's a bigger game and kids will want to see the Steelers with Ben. It just makes for a more enjoyable game for the kids if the offense is clicking, plus I always try to get them to a game I think we'll win.

I don't consider myself a bandwagon fan by the way.

I'm not a bandwagon fan either. But if I rarely get to go to games I'd like to see the Steelers at their best meaning Ben plays, Troy plays, Antonio plays, Decastro plays. I'm perfectly fine seeing the team as is, but I'd rather see the whole team.

StainlessStill
11-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Bandwagon fan my A$$. I'm clearly going to the game and I'm going to cheer the Steelers on regardless. A tear may come down my cheek when renegade comes on. If you were buying tickets in September and it was your 2nd game ever at Heinz field and you were driving 4+ hours to get there you would want to see the Steelers at their best too. Give me a break you douche

I've spent club-seating on pre-season tickets. Oh yeah, I also paid over $200 a ticket in advance and still went to the Ravens game two weeks ago when the slowest QB on planet Earth stepped in and was the last one to leave in the 2003 and 2006 seasons with nothing to play for.

It is what it is and you can get offended all you want but I don't give anybody a break if they want to find excuses and say such things just because "Ben, Troy and Woodley" are out of the lineup that it's the only way you'd want to watch the team live. You may not be a bandwagon fan, but that comment certainly suggests it on the surface.

I just want your ticket! :D

MACH1
11-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Lets keep it civil gentlemen.

BleedPurple
11-30-2012, 05:16 PM
That said, it tickle's me how important we are to Ravens fans. Over watching their board, you'd think this is their season and that important note will always be the reason why their petty little hearts will break at the end of this season. Their not going anywhere whether they beat a Charlie-led watered down Steelers team or not!

Whatever helps you sleep man. Yea, we hate you guys as much as you hate us, but at the end of the day, this just puts us one step closer to a superbowl. I'm going to take a W if we win just like we would any other team.

For as much as you Steelers fans rag on Raven's fans for caring too much about beating you, maybe your team should care a bit more about beating us instead of waiting for what they must believe is a permanent reserve spot in the playoffs. . .

The_Joker
11-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Whatever helps you sleep man. Yea, we hate you guys as much as you hate us, but at the end of the day, this just puts us one step closer to a superbowl. I'm going to take a W if we win just like we would any other team.

For as much as you Steelers fans rag on Raven's fans for caring too much about beating you, maybe your team should care a bit more about beating us instead of waiting for what they must believe is a permanent reserve spot in the playoffs. . .

StainlessStill
11-30-2012, 05:24 PM

I'm sleeping fine. Until we are mathematically bounced out of the playoffs, it's all good. We've been here, done that. We act like we've been here before. I don't even sweat these past two loss's because I understand the circumstance of the kind of team that we are dealt with at the moment and know the kind of team we are healthy and ride it out with our elite players.

I've learned the regular season matchups only help you so much until the post-season. I've seen the Steelers lose big division matchups in the regular season and win in the post-season. I've seen the Steelers physically outmatched in the regular season and go into the same stadium and handle business on the road in January.

I understand that if we do see Baltimore for a 3rd time, that the odds would be in our favor to field a healthy team with our franchise QB and I KNOW we can beat you guys with those familiar weapons with the big game on the line.

We are one step closer to the Super Bowl as well, win or lose this Sunday. It's all about qualifying at this point and then it's even odds.

Hawaii 5-0
11-30-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm going golfing Sunday morning, so potentially I can have a whole day of cursing and being upset.

Golf is a 4-letter word...

Rotorhead
11-30-2012, 05:48 PM
I guess im the eternal optimist here, i still think we can win the division. I can see Balty losing this week, to Denver, to NY and to Cincy(playing for a playoff spot) and us winning out.

BleedPurple
11-30-2012, 06:12 PM
I guess im the eternal optimist here, i still think we can win the division. I can see Balty losing this week, to Denver, to NY and to Cincy(playing for a playoff spot) and us winning out.

You think we'll go from 9-2 in the first 11 games to 1-4 in the last 5? That is optimistic.

I see us going 3-2 or 2-3. I don't see us losing to Cincy on the road or NYG at home. RG3skins on the road will be dicey, and Peyton always has our number for some reason.

The swing game is Ravens Steelers, which is always close and always good. I could see us being as good as 4-1, but that is just the optimist in me :chuckle:

The_Joker
11-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Not gonna happen bro. Ravens got this division... but can they beat is in January?

AndyWitmyer
11-30-2012, 06:25 PM

Why Batch? Are you seriously asking? Because maybe the Steelers offense would really like to play with the same QB two games in a row for the first time since Ben was benched. Maybe they'd like to develop an in-game chemistry with the only backup QB we have with a winning record. And, it's safe to say that - although age will be a factor - Batch will come into this game much more prepared. He was given a game to shake off the rust...and has been taking snaps now for at least two weeks in a row. And Haley's probably developed an play book specifically tailored to Batch, to address his strengths and weaknesses.

I have nothing against Hoyer, but I'd rather start the game off with an old vet who's filled in for Ben and fore often than not, won. Like it or not, Charlie gives us our best chance to win. And then, if Charlie gets worn out or injured, we can always give Hoyer a shot.

Call me crazy - but, I predict a win.

:thumbsup:

casteeler
11-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Why Batch? Are you seriously asking? Because maybe the Steelers offense would really like to play with the same QB two games in a row for the first time since Ben was benched. Maybe they'd like to develop an in-game chemistry with the only backup QB we have with a winning record. And, it's safe to say that - although age will be a factor - Batch will come into this game much more prepared. He was given a game to shake off the rust...and has been taking snaps now for at least two weeks in a row. And Haley's probably developed an play book specifically tailored to Batch, to address his strengths and weaknesses.

I have nothing against Hoyer, but I'd rather start the game off with an old vet who's filled in for Ben and fore often than not, won. Like it or not, Charlie gives us our best chance to win. And then, if Charlie gets worn out or injured, we can always give Hoyer a shot.

Call me crazy - but, I predict a win.

Your crazy. Batch is worse than terrible, it's not rust or chemistry he just plain sucks

stb_steeler
11-30-2012, 06:52 PM
You think we'll go from 9-2 in the first 11 games to 1-4 in the last 5? That is optimistic.

I see us going 3-2 or 2-3. I don't see us losing to Cincy on the road or NYG at home. RG3skins on the road will be dicey, and Peyton always has our number for some reason.

The swing game is Ravens Steelers, which is always close and always good. I could see us being as good as 4-1, but that is just the optimist in me :chuckle:

I dont think the Giants are the same team since the Steelers played them. Looks like Eli's got it together so far.

FrancoLambert
11-30-2012, 07:05 PM

Don't guess....you are the eternal optimist with your hopes of winning the division,
Ben hurting, gimpy starters, reshuffled O-line, shitty special teams, fumble-itis......doesn't sound like a formula for winning the division.
Healthy wild card is a more realistic goal.

nj1923steelgirl
11-30-2012, 07:14 PM
This game is gonna be a rough one......Can Batch do this?

teegre
11-30-2012, 07:34 PM

I, too, can see the Steelers going 5-0...

...but, I do not see the Ravens losing enough (for the Steelers to win the division).

SteelCurtain5643
11-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Kinda blows, the division is pretty much Baltimore's. Ben's injury couldnt have come at a worse time. 6-3 team thats now gonna be back to .500. All I gotta say is thankfully the AFC sucks this year so hopefully Ben gets back and we can salvage 10-6.

MzunguT
11-30-2012, 09:20 PM

This!
I flew more than 5.000 km's one way to see them play the ratbirds at home; was I disappointed to see Byron play? Sure as hell. Did I shout my lungs out to help them win anyway? For sure.
Steelers all the way, baby! Steeler Nation Germany will be online for that upset win...

Edman
11-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Let Baltimore have the division. It means nothing in January.

It's all about getting to the playoffs hot and getting healthy at the right time at this point. If everything falls into place, the Steelers may see the Ravens a third time.

The_Joker
11-30-2012, 10:15 PM
We gotta run in January though :P

FanSince72
12-01-2012, 09:41 AM
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag37/JPsuff/wecan_zps6be65245.jpg

aa14
12-01-2012, 10:14 AM

If there is one thing I know about the Ravens, it is they are a different team at home. Having at least one playoff game at home is a big boost come January.

steeltheone
12-01-2012, 10:22 AM

It's all about getting to the playoffs hot and getting healthy at the right time at this point. If everything falls into place, the Steelers may see the Ravens a third time.

It makes a huge difference....Did you watch at clusterfuck in Denver last year? That was not Peytons Broncos, that was a Broncos team the Patriots beat by 30 plus points the next week.

LVSteelersfan
12-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Keep the faith Steeler fans. I have seen strange things happen way too many times to write this game off as a loss before they even strap on their helmets. Except for one special teams play last time, the Steelers totally outplayed them with Leftwich in there. The Ratbirds are not that good if Ray Rice is shut down. Shut him down and make Flacco beat you. If he does, they deserve to win. If not, an upset is possible. The defense just has to show up and do what they do. Maybe a pick six from Troy. A Flacco sack fumble from Harrison who has been getting his old form back. A punt return for a TD from Antonio Brown. It only takes one big play to win a game most of the time.

JeromeBetties63
12-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Keep the faith Steeler fans. I have seen strange things happen way too many times to write this game off as a loss before they even strap on their helmets. Except for one special teams play last time, the Steelers totally outplayed them with Leftwich in there. The Ratbirds are not that good if Ray Rice is shut down. Shut him down and make Flacco beat you. If he does, they deserve to win. If not, an upset is possible. The defense just has to show up and do what they do. Maybe a pick six from Troy. A Flacco sack fumble from Harrison who has been getting his old form back. A punt return for a TD from Antonio Brown. It only takes one big play to win a game most of the time.

Flake-O has about 3 really good games a year which make him and the Ratbird fans think he is on the edge of being elite. If he doesn't have one of them against us we can win. Was he even on the field last game? How can your QB be that non-existent? He got bailed out by a kick return that game. :helmet:

aa14
12-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Flake-O has about 3 really good games a year which make him and the Ratbird fans think he is on the edge of being elite. If he doesn't have one of them against us we can win. Was he even on the field last game? How can your QB be that non-existent? He got bailed out by a kick return that game. :helmet:

Ah yes... Jacoby Jones... Watch him bust out return #5 tomorrow.

Terminator
12-01-2012, 01:51 PM

I will bet the ball is not kicked to him even once. Out-of-bounds every single time.

JeromeBetties63
12-01-2012, 01:54 PM

I notice that's your hope...no confidence in "I'm elite" Joe.

tanda10506
12-01-2012, 02:54 PM
If there is one thing I know about the Ravens, it is they are a different team at home. Having at least one playoff game at home is a big boost come January.

Agreed, home field in the playoffs is huge. As mentioned, Baltimore is a way better team at home and would have been in the SB last year if the Pats had to come to Baltimore. Before last year they played decent at home and on the road, but over the last two years they tend to be pretty damn good at home and often terrible on the road. I mean our offense could barely even get past the 50 when we played them and Flacco still couldn't score one TD to win the game, they had to get a ST play.

I only recall two teams being able to win all 3 on the road in the playoffs AND then win the SB, that's the Steelers and the Giants. I have no respect for the Giants anymore, they whined and cried all week about our O line and CB's, then got spotted 14 points by the refs, and we still beat them. If your trying to sway the refs by comments in the media before the game, then your a coward, win or lose, so I don't expect to see them doing it again. But this team can. Ben was there when they did it in 05, as was Taylor, Keisel, Hampton, Polamalu and Foote. So there's no reason this group, if healthy, can't do it again. But I would still much rather have at least one playoff game in Pittsburgh.

Edman
12-01-2012, 03:14 PM
It makes a huge difference....Did you watch at clusterfuck in Denver last year? That was not Peytons Broncos, that was a Broncos team the Patriots beat by 30 plus points the next week.

Homefield makes a difference, but it doesn't make THAT BIG a difference. If that were the case, #1 Seeds would win Super Bowls every year.

The Steelers didn't lose to Denver last year because the Broncos were at home, the Steelers lost because the "#1 Defense" let a terrible QB game on them and our Offense couldn't score worth a damn when it mattered. Not to mention, the Steelers limped into the postseason quite literally on Ben's ankle. If they had a hard time with Denver, New England/Baltimore was going to tear them a new one the next week. It wasn't in the cards.

Baltimore's impressive home record doesn't mean crap when you get to the postseason. Crazy stuff happens in the NFL and all it takes is one game. It's all about who gets hot at the right time. The Last two Super Bowl Champions (Packers, Giants) were Wildcard teams who had to go through hostile territories to get there.

Edman
12-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Agreed, home field in the playoffs is huge. As mentioned, Baltimore is a way better team at home and would have been in the SB last year if the Pats had to come to Baltimore.

If that's the case, then the Ravens aren't that good.

The Ravens would've been in the Super Bowl if they didn't gag like they always do. If they're so good, then they wouldn't need home field to beat the Patriots. You gotta deal with the hands you're dealt, and they couldn't follow through. True to Baltimore tradition of postseason choking.

The Home Crowd won't stop Lee Evans from dropping that pass or Billy Cundiff from Wide Left.

BlaZeQuietly
12-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Not to mention the teams that would get #1 seed if season ended today are actually crappy teams that are lucky to have the records they do. Atlanta is going nowhere as usual and same goes for the ravens. Patriots Broncos and 49ers appear to be the best teams this year.

Ravens1
12-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Not gonna happen bro. Ravens got this division... but can they beat is in January?

Bengals will overtake you in the Division. Bet on it.

Hawaii 5-0
12-01-2012, 09:40 PM

we beat the Bungals at their place, I'm betting we beat them at our place too.

cubanstogie
12-01-2012, 09:44 PM
we beat the Bungals at their place, I'm betting we beat them at our place too.

3 weeks of healing for this team before they face the Bungles at home is huge. With Ben back and hopefully Woodley and Troy I just can't see the bungles keeping up. Indy will lose 3 and a wildcard should be there for the taking.

Edman
12-01-2012, 10:34 PM

What's wrong? Don't like the idea that the Steelers may get hot at the right time, potentially running into the Ravens a third time? This time with the season on the line?

Sure would be fun to end your season again. This time in your place.

JeromeBetties63
12-01-2012, 10:45 PM

Based on what?

Terminator
12-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Based on what?

Do you expect anything less from a Ratbird douche bag that only comes here to troll?

AndyWitmyer
12-01-2012, 11:41 PM
:sign07:

Oh, and...

:sign02:

Edman
12-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Ratbird trolls sure are chirpy on almost every Steelers board I've been on.

AndyWitmyer
12-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Based on what?

It might have something to do
with this:
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.5066305543473156&pid=15.1

Or, maybe a little bit of:
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/theresasbesfrenn/Spongebob_smoking_Weed.jpg

:flap:

BleedPurple
12-02-2012, 01:00 AM
If that's the case, then the Ravens aren't that good.

The Ravens would've been in the Super Bowl if they didn't gag like they always do. If they're so good, then they wouldn't need home field to beat the Patriots. You gotta deal with the hands you're dealt, and they couldn't follow through. True to Baltimore tradition of postseason choking.

The Home Crowd won't stop Lee Evans from dropping that pass or Billy Cundiff from Wide Left.

Let's try to apply this to the Steelers, who, as a superior team, couldn't possibly be near fitting the crappy Raven mold:

Agreed, having a healthy QB in the playoffs is huge. As mentioned, Pittsburgh is a way better team with Ben and would have been in the SB last year if the Broncos had to play against a healthy BB.

If that's the case, then the Steelers aren't that good.

The Steelers would've been in the Super Bowl if they didn't gag like they always do. If they're so good, then they wouldn't need a healthy QB to beat the Broncos. You gotta deal with the hands you're dealt, and they couldn't follow through. True to Pittsburgh tradition of postseason choking.

Big Ben having two legs won't stop Tim Tebow from throwing that pass or Demaryius Thomas from Punk Secondary.

oops. Oh yea I guess every team has weaknesses. Yours is that you can't beat the browns without #7, ours is that our offense is pretty much automatically -20 pts on the road, on average.

EDIT: I just looked it up and we are -20.3 on the road versus our average at home.

teegre
12-02-2012, 01:08 AM

The Steelers would've been in the Super Bowl if they didn't gag like they always do. If they're so good, then they wouldn't need a healthy QB to beat the Broncos. You gotta deal with the hands you're dealt, and they couldn't follow through. True to Pittsburgh tradition of postseason choking .

Choking in the play-offs?

Isn't that a bit of the pot calling the kettle black... except that the kettle has been to two SuperBowls (winning one) in the past four years... while the pot has won nothing. :noidea:

Please, make a better point. That was just... well... not a very good one.

BleedPurple
12-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Choking in the play-offs?

Isn't that a bit of the pot calling the kettle black... except that the kettle has been to two SuperBowls (winning one) in the past four years... while the pot has won nothing. :noidea:

Please, make a better point. That was just... well... not a very good one.

woosh. Try reading the whole post.

teegre
12-02-2012, 01:20 AM

The last part is good. (#7 and -20)

Well done.

SteelCityMom
12-02-2012, 07:03 AM

I'm sure the whole post was read (it was read by me at least)...it seems to be you who's missing the point here. You tried switching up some words to attempt to compare the Steelers situation last year to the Ravens overall postseason situations, and they just aren't comparable. Have the Steelers choked before? Yes, but they also win big as well. Do the Ravens choke nearly every year? Yes. *crickets*

The_Joker
12-02-2012, 07:53 AM
EDIT: I just looked it up and we are -20.3 on the road versus our average at home.

:doh:

Not gonna beat the Broncos/Texans/Patriots like that.

SteelCurtain5643
12-02-2012, 12:22 PM
oops. Oh yea I guess every team has weaknesses. Yours is that you can't beat the browns without #7, ours is that our offense is pretty much automatically -20 pts on the road, on average.

Guarantee we would've beaten Cleveland without #7 if our running game didnt have 5 fumbles. You take one or two of those back we probably score and we win. So therefore we couldve beaten Cleveland without Ben, but the running game fumbling 5 times fucked us.

SteelCurtain5643
12-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Was really hoping to see that little fuck Ray Rice get knocked the fuck out by woodley today, but woodleys out :(

aa14
12-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Was really hoping to see that little fuck Ray Rice get knocked the fuck out by woodley today, but woodleys out :(

I sense a lot of anger in this one. How anyone can talk about Ray freakin' Rice like that is beyond me. :noidea:

Terminator
12-02-2012, 01:34 PM

Worilds is starting, and he is currently our best LB when it comes to sacks. Pretty impressive for a 2nd stringer. I look to seem him pummel both Rice and Flacco behind the line at least once.

SteelCurtain5643
12-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Worilds is starting, and he is currently our best LB when it comes to sacks. Pretty impressive for a 2nd stringer. I look to seem him pummel both Rice and Flacco behind the line at least once.

Yeah I like Worilds alot, Woodley is one of my favorite Steelers tho

Rowland2110
12-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the update. Not even going to watch the game then.

SteelersCanada
12-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the update. Not even going to watch the game then.

This is a real fan here ladies and gentlemen.

Edman
12-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Let's try to apply this to the Steelers, who, as a superior team, couldn't possibly be near fitting the crappy Raven mold

Your dumb sarcasm will get you nowhere.

Once again, BleedViolet. Different situations. You're comparing injuries to a teams inability to do anything on the road healthy or injured.

Injuries affect teams and affect play. I don't care who you are, but they just happen. Road games should not and do not.

I never said the 2012 Steelers were some kind of dominant team. It's proven that without Ben, this team has a hard time especially on Offense, but they are a significantly better team with him.

Edman
12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
I wonder where BleedPurple is?

Stu Pidasso
12-02-2012, 08:45 PM
My guess is in bed in the fetal position clutching his Ray Rice body pillow.

BleedPurple
12-02-2012, 10:18 PM
I wonder where BleedPurple is?

I'm here, just got back from the stadium. Disappointing loss, props to your boys--but as you are all so quick to point out, this wasn't the superbowl, and next week is another chance to maintain/extend our division lead.

Rotorhead
12-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Lol, yeah, your team couldnt even beat our 3rd string QB, you are about to play RG3 on a hot streak, 2 Manning Bros, 1 having an MVP season and starting to get hot, and then you have to play Cincy who will be playing for their playoffs, you can try to be cocky all you want but if I were a ravens fan (just threw up in my mouth) i would be worried.

BleedPurple
12-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Lol, yeah, your team couldnt even beat our 3rd string QB, you are about to play RG3 on a hot streak, 2 Manning Bros, 1 having an MVP season and starting to get hot, and then you have to play Cincy who will be playing for their playoffs, you can try to be cocky all you want but if I were a ravens fan (just threw up in my mouth) i would be worried.

I know you would be, you steelers fans were falling all over yourselves all week about how you were going to get blown out. It doesn't surprise me you would give up on the rest of the season after one loss to a division rival, you have no faith.

As I said all week I knew this would be a tough close game as they always are--I didn't think we would lose, but I'm not as shocked as most of your fan base is. Congrats on the win but I am still confident that, if we see you in the play offs, we will have another close, tough game, but we will send you packing. :drink:

Stu Pidasso
12-03-2012, 12:47 AM
if we see you in the play offs, we will have another close, tough game, but we will send you packing. :drink:

Just like every other time we meet in the playoffs? The Steelers have never lost to a division opponent in the playoffs – 8-0 all-time.

BleedPurple
12-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Just like every other time we meet in the playoffs? The Steelers have never lost to a division opponent in the playoffs – 8-0 all-time.

Awesome, looking forward to it even more now.

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 12:57 AM
If things work out around here:

I'm worried about Houston in the post-season.
I'm worried about New England in the post-season.
I'm worried about Denver in the post-season.

Baltimore? Hah, I'd rather play you guys, especially in January, over any else! If I were you, I'd look forward to it too. I mean, there's a whole bunch of history to support it! Lmao.

OX1947
12-03-2012, 12:58 AM

Baltimore? Hah, I'd rather play you guys, especially in January, over any else! If I were you, I'd look forward to it too. I mean, there's a whole bunch of history to support it! Lmao.

I am not worried about Houston, Pats or Ravens in the playoffs. I am worried about not having Ryan Clark in Denver though.

teegre
12-03-2012, 12:59 AM

With the defense now clicking, and the return of BB, I fear NO ONE.

Seriously.

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 01:02 AM
I am not worried about Houston, Pats or Ravens in the playoffs. I am worried about not having Ryan Clark in Denver though.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. I was just BSing with a buddy on how traveling to Mile High might be the toughest travel to a Lombardi this season. Denver is going to be a tough place to play come January. They are legit as hell and I think, the best team in the AFC in its current state.

teegre
12-03-2012, 01:11 AM
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. I was just BSing with a buddy on how traveling to Mile High might be the toughest travel to a Lombardi this season. Denver is going to be a tough place to play come January. They are legit as hell and I think, the best team in the AFC in its current state.

I hear you. No Ryan Clark is a huge blow. BUT, Will Allen is a better back-up than Ryan Mundy.

Likewise, DENV's offense is now a threat. BUT, PITT's defense is really clicking.

And, BB "could" have have tied the first game... better yet, he "could" have won it, if he did not overthrow Heath and/or throw a bad pass (that was returned for a pick six). BB is a lot better with his check-downs than he was back in September. As in: if the game goes the same way as last time, this time, it could just as easily go in PITT's favor, with just one or two completed passes by BB.

GMU Steeler
12-03-2012, 01:13 AM
I actually kind of like our chances in Denver since we'd be motivated for revenge for both last year in the playoffs and this year. It would be tough though since as mentioned Clark would be out and Mile High is a tough place to play in period. If we're healthy going into the playoffs, I actually like our chances to make a decent run. Call me overly optimistic but if we get Ben back and he's where he was before the injury, I really think we could do something.

teegre
12-03-2012, 01:16 AM
I actually kind of like our chances in Denver since we'd be motivated for revenge for both last year in the playoffs and this year. It would be tough though since as mentioned Clark would be out and Mile High is a tough place to play in period. If we're healthy going into the playoffs, I actually like our chances to make a decent run. Call me overly optimistic but if we get Ben back and he's where he was before the injury, I really think we could do something.

When BB is your QB, you ALWAYS have a good chance at winning the Lombardi.

GMU Steeler
12-03-2012, 01:18 AM
When BB is your QB, you ALWAYS have a good chance at winning the Lombardi.

Indeed. He's been to four AFC title games and this is ninth season I believe. Guy just knows how to win. Just get him and the others to the playoffs healthy and we'll see what happens.

teegre
12-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Indeed. He's been to four AFC title games and this is ninth season I believe. Guy just knows how to win. Just get him and the others to the playoffs healthy and we'll see what happens.

I agree 107%. :wink02:

GMU Steeler
12-03-2012, 01:22 AM
I agree 107%. :wink02:

Ha, I see what you did there. Seriously though, it will be good to have him back at QB.

teegre
12-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Ha, I see what you did there. Seriously though, it will be good to have him back at QB.

He is so clutch. That 2008 final drive is the epitome of BB.

He IS the MVP of this team... no question.

Edman
12-03-2012, 03:54 AM
I'm here, just got back from the stadium. Disappointing loss, props to your boys--but as you are all so quick to point out, this wasn't the superbowl, and next week is another chance to maintain/extend our division lead.

Oh, there you are.

Exactly, this was NOT the Super Bowl. You don't need to tell us that. It the Ravens that have that issue, not the Steelers.

The Ravens can extend the Division Lead as much as they want, it means nothing in January.

Edman
12-03-2012, 04:00 AM
The only team that comes close to scaring me is Denver. Since the Steelers be without Ryan Clark if they travel out there. Denver scares me.

Houston doesn't scare me.
New England doesn't scare me.
And the Ravens sure as hell don't.

With Ben and the Defense playing the way it has been, the Steelers can hang with any team in the AFC. Even before last week I believed it.