PDA

View Full Version : DeCastro back

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Sorry if this was already brought up in other threads.

The reports are saying that Foster has been taking snaps at RT, and that DeCastro is expected to make his regular season debut at RG Sunday.

Has anybody heard anything about how he looked in practice this week? He went through his first full practices this week. Am I being too optimistic to hope that he makes a positive contribution Sunday? He looked like he was tearing it up right before he got hurt.

SteelersCanada
11-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Oh that's interesting, actually. I'm more excited now because I was reading it would be Starks - Pouncey - Foster - Beachum and Beachum kind of scares me. But, if Starks is playing his former position and David gets his regular season debut, we'd have a pretty solid line protecting Charlie.

StainlessStill
11-30-2012, 05:06 PM
I heard DeCastro is having trouble putting weight on his knee.

Open mouth, insert feces. That's what it's now becoming around here.

tarasovic2
11-30-2012, 05:10 PM
I am reading conflicting reports online and from the blogs about DeCastro....I do hope he starts.

MasterOfPuppets
11-30-2012, 05:24 PM
i heard he was getting reps under center and will be the back up qb...:hunch:

tony hipchest
11-30-2012, 05:59 PM
it hought we traded him to the raiders for rolondo mcclain.

it sure seems way too soon to bring him back.

maybe we are willing to sacrifice decastros knee to spare charlie batch his life. we are 1 snap away to seeing heath miller at qb, which might not be so bad, cause then he can block for himself and throw himself passes all day long.

Fire Arians
11-30-2012, 06:03 PM
i heard he was getting reps under center and will be the back up qb...:hunch:

nice! move over tebow for DECASTROMANIA!! :tt::tt::tt04::tt04:

AndyWitmyer
11-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Having him back would be a boon for an offense that will finally get the chance to play with some continuity in the QB position.

Hawaii 5-0
11-30-2012, 06:49 PM
thought we traded him to the raiders for rolondo mcclain.

the Raiders are insisting we also throw in our two fastest players, DeMarcus Van Dyke and Mike Wallace in order to make that trade happen...

lipps83
11-30-2012, 06:54 PM
I heard DeCastro is having trouble putting weight on his knee.

Open mouth, insert feces. That's what it's now becoming around here.

I hope this isn't true. I don't want to sacrifice DeCastro's future for Sunday or even next Sunday.

I know there is a huge push to put the best guys out there and also the "win at all costs" mentality, unfortunately it is also at the cost of the health of it's players.

Look at Troy and how many times he probably pushed himself back to early. He can't even get on the field anymore because something is troubling him. Hopefully he doesn't become a broken down man by the time he is 50 (if not before that) like a lot of players do.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-30-2012, 07:01 PM
it sure seems way too soon to bring him back.

I agree. Not worth rushing him back if he's not 100%, and risk him really screwing up his knee.

The reports said he went through a full practice this week, but am hard-pressed to dig up anything else about it on the web. The Post-Gazette doesn't have jack, just that he practiced.

I guess if we don't hear anything-- it wasn't too impressive.

Well.....at least we got Poalamlu and Antonio Brown back.

maybe we are willing to sacrifice decastros knee to spare charlie batch his life.

I sure hope not.

we are 1 snap away to seeing heath miller at qb, which might not be so bad, cause then he can block for himself and throw himself passes all day long.

Yeah, it is not very reassuring that the only insurance policy we have behind Batch, is a guy who has been on the team for about a week. We might almost be better off with Miller at QB if that scenario played out.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-30-2012, 07:17 PM
I get the impression that Tomlin is really playing his cards close to his chest this week (or maybe I have not read enough news yet).

Poalamlu is supposedly ready to go, yet we have heard little or nothing about his status, or how he has looked in practice. Strange considering that he is one of the most popular players in the NFL and his return is one of the most anticipated moments this year (for us anyhow).

teegre
11-30-2012, 07:31 PM
1. No, this was not mentioned in another thread. (Yea!!! someone who actually uses the search feature.)

2. I have not heard anythign about this.

3. I hope like hell that he is ready (110%)... because, I do NOT want him to injure that knee. He has a dozen Pro-Bowl-level years ahead of him.

4. I'd prefer that he wait until week 17.

5. If he is actually ready, as some of us have been saying:
Starks - The Colon - Pouncey - DD - Foster

Lady Steel
12-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Oh crapz. I was so excited when I opened this thread, and then I got nuttin. Boooo.

AndyWitmyer
12-01-2012, 04:34 AM
Oh crapz. I was so excited when I opened this thread, and then I got nuttin. Boooo.

I know, right?? And here, all this time, I was under the impression that everything that I've read on the internet was true!! But, this thread changes everything...if I can't trust the internets, then what can I trust? What if my entire perception of reality has been one gigantic lie!! :chuckle:

TheVet
12-01-2012, 04:38 AM
Maybe the plan is to start DeCastro at RG and just have him lay down, so as to use him as a speed bump. That would be a big upgrade at RG. Also, it shouldn't be very risky to his knee, especially with Gilbert out.

Fire Haley
12-01-2012, 05:55 AM
The reports are saying that Foster has been taking snaps at RT, and that DeCastro is expected to make his regular season debut at RG Sunday.

sounds like more bullshit.....what reports?

where's the link?

I've about had it with this board and all the bullshit that gets pased on as fact

anybody starting these garbage threads without links should be banned

steeltheone
12-01-2012, 07:52 AM
This is reality...As good as Decastro may be in the future, right now he is a rookie with no starting NFL experience, coming in on week 13 after a major injury. He may be more of a liability than a savior right now.

Twentyvalve
12-01-2012, 08:13 AM
How does one gain experience? With experience. If he is healthy, he needs to play. The best experience he can get is to experience the Seelers-Ravens rivalry as a rookie.

This is reality...As good as Decastro may be in the future, right now he is a rookie with no starting NFL experience, coming in on week 13 after a major injury. He may be more of a liability than a savior right now.

steeltheone
12-01-2012, 10:20 AM
How does one gain experience? With experience. If he is healthy, he needs to play. The best experience he can get is to experience the Seelers-Ravens rivalry as a rookie.

I would agree in week 1...Again its week 13, not sure he helps much now.

austinfrench76
12-01-2012, 12:20 PM
I think that Foster has been playing well enough, there's no need to rush him. Give Beachum a little help over on his side and see what happens. Only slide Foster to RT and play DD if absolutely necessary, meaning Beachum is getting destroyed. Which could happen but I think we will be okay. I don't think they will pal DD just to get him some game experience. The best player plays.

teegre
12-01-2012, 01:08 PM
I think that Foster has been playing well enough, there's no need to rush him. Give Beachum a little help over on his side and see what happens. Only slide Foster to RT and play DD if absolutely necessary, meaning Beachum is getting destroyed. Which could happen but I think we will be okay. I don't think they will pal DD just to get him some game experience. The best player plays.

Beachum is a rookie making his first start.

DD would be a rookie making his first start.

(Foster plays in either scenario.)

In my mind:
DD & Foster > Beachum & Foster

In other words, DD & Beachum are BOTH rookies... but, DD has far more talent... and, DD was the starter in pre-season (whereas, Beachum is a third-string player). As you said, the best player plays... which would be DD.

[Note: Only if DD is healthy.]

tarasovic2
12-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Will this all be a game-time decision? with the QB situation the way it is and the OL now in major oongaposh mode -- there is too much uncertainty for any comfort.

tanda10506
12-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Seems to soon IMO, I wouldn't rush him back. He's a rookie and he was beginning to play well, but putting him out there in a hurry is ridiculous for this situation. I know your supposed to try to win every game as a HC, but we're not going to do it with Batch and they won't give Hoyer a chance, so we're going to lose Sunday. But we're still going to make the playoffs and we're still going to see Baltimore once more, so there's no need to rush him. Plus I'm not confident that he will be better then Foster, Foster has been playing well and in the playoffs DD will likely be up against the best of the best, as a rookie who has played 3 or 4 games (if started now) so I wouldn't bring him back.

The only way I can see it having to happen is if Beachum can't get the job done at RT, but how long is he going to have to play? Isn't Gilbert ever coming back? Seems like DD had a much worse injury and he's already back, yet Gilbert hasn't even been considered as playable for weeks. Adams was playing RT pretty well too, he struggled at first, but he started doing good. How long is he supposed to be out for? If we only have one offensive tackle on the team capable of playing at the level needed, then maybe DD comes in and Foster goes to RT, otherwise let him heal and get him into the rotation occasionally, IMO.