PDA

View Full Version : OLB Corey Lemonier- Auburn

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-01-2012, 08:37 AM
I think a lot of sites have this kid ranked high, but its tough to say where he ends up on draft day. I am assuming he comes out as a junior this year.

He honestly doesnt have the eye popping stats on a bad Auburn team, but he shows the size, range, leverage and explosiveness as a pass rusher. Something tells me that his stock will drop a bit in the post season workouts and he could be a top 50 talent that Keith Butler can make as a successor to James Harrison.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=109728&draftyear=2014&genpos=DE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuTwKEGs7uI

cbrunn
12-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Depending on where he fell ... I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd... and there are some other OLB that might drop to the 3rd

I would take before Lemonier

Gerald Hodges - PSU -
Brandon Jenkins - FSU -
Sean Porter - Texas A&M -
Jamie Collins - Southern Miss

maybes

Trevardo Williams - Conn

I think OLB is a must in the 3rd round it's a lot of good OLB that could help this team in the 3rd round range

unless Jarvis Jones would slip to us in the 1st lol I can dream can't I?

Bayz101
12-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Loved his forced fumble.

SteelersCanada
12-01-2012, 03:51 PM
There's better prospects we can grab in the first and second rounds. The kid is raw, but Butler can make raw work I suppose. That being said, if he's sitting there in the third round - it doesn't matter who we've taken previously. BPA is a mantra this team uses on draft day, and if we end up with guys like Mosley, Jefferson and Lemonier, that's a dream draft.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2013, 09:20 AM
I am sticking with my prediction that Lemonier will be a top 50 pick. I think he has all the talent, but needs to refine some pass rush skills to be a better rusher. Will also need to learn how to drop in coverage, but already comes with better athleticism than Woodley or Worilds did in their draft years.

teegre
02-27-2013, 09:58 AM
I am sticking with my prediction that Lemonier will be a top 50 pick. I think he has all the talent, but needs to refine some pass rush skills to be a better rusher. Will also need to learn how to drop in coverage, but already comes with better athleticism than Woodley or Worilds did in their draft years.

I was hoping for him to be there in the third. No way (now that he ran the third fastest 40).

Is R2 too early? Maybe towards the end of R2???

It's like the dilemma with Elam: Elam at 17 seems just a little too early.

kan_t
02-27-2013, 10:50 AM
I think you're right that he's likely a top 50 pick now. His combine really helps his stock.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2013, 10:54 AM
I was hoping for him to be there in the third. No way (now that he ran the third fastest 40).

Is R2 too early? Maybe towards the end of R2???

It's like the dilemma with Elam: Elam at 17 seems just a little too early.

I think the 2nd you take a guy like Lemonier at 49 if he is there. If you think he is worth #60, but need a pass rusher then you still take him. Its such an inexact science.

With Elam, I too think 17 is early and its tougher in the 1st round IMO when there is a compilation of better talent..

If Vacarro is gone at #17 and you cant trade down, I think you take BPA in an area of need. If its a pass rusher, ILB, CB, TE....take the good football player. If its Elam, OK. But lots of guys left like Cyprien, Reid, Swearinger, McDonald in later rounds.

BTW, I am liking RB Jonathan Franklin later in the 3rd if possible. Trade back in the 1st, get elam, Lemonier, and then maybe Franklin and Nico Johnson in the 3rd with an extra pick. Oh yeah!!

StevieRayVol
02-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Lemonier is quite an athlete..He could be a great outside linebacker for us..

kan_t
03-01-2013, 05:49 AM
The more I watch his plays, the more I like him. If the Steelers go safety instead of pass rusher in the first round, he's my second round pick.

teegre
03-01-2013, 04:06 PM
I think the 2nd you take a guy like Lemonier at 49 if he is there. If you think he is worth #60, but need a pass rusher then you still take him. Its such an inexact science.

With Elam, I too think 17 is early and its tougher in the 1st round IMO when there is a compilation of better talent..

If Vacarro is gone at #17 and you cant trade down, I think you take BPA in an area of need. If its a pass rusher, ILB, CB, TE....take the good football player. If its Elam, OK. But lots of guys left like Cyprien, Reid, Swearinger, McDonald in later rounds.

BTW, I am liking RB Jonathan Franklin later in the 3rd if possible. Trade back in the 1st, get elam, Lemonier, and then maybe Franklin and Nico Johnson in the 3rd with an extra pick. Oh yeah!!

I have so many thoughts and/or so many players that I like (in the same round).

Tavon Austin, Matt Elam in R1...
Coery Lemonier, DJ Swearinger in R2...
Gavin Escobar, Ryan Swope, Leon McFadden in R3...
et cetera...

Right now, here is my thinking:

R1 - Kenny Vaccaro
R2 - Corey Lemonier
R3 - Gavin Escobar
R4 - DJ Swearinger*
R5 - Nico Johnson
R6 - Khaled Holmes
R7 - John Madsen

*(I've seenSwearinger rated as high as "25th overall" and as low as R5.)