PDA

View Full Version : KC Chief Shootings

WVABE
12-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Anybody hear which Chief comitted suicide?
Heard he killed girlfriend then himself.

Lady Steel
12-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Peeps on the Kansas City Chiefs facebook page are saying it was Jovan Belcher.

From CBSSports.com:

Chiefs player kills himself outside stadium; police investigating two shootings

By Jason La Canfora | CBS Sports NFL Insider

Dec. 1, 2012 11:03 AM ET

A Kansas City Chiefs player fatally shot himself Saturday morning, according to Kansas City, Mo., police. A team source told CBSSports.com that linebacker Jovan Belcher was involved in a shooting at the Chiefs' practice facility.

Kansas City police supervisor Andrea Khan could not identify the player but said the first shooting happened in a Kansas City, Mo., neighborhood and the second happened at Arrowhead Stadium, about five miles away, at about 8 a.m. Saturday.

The Chiefs are scheduled to host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. Panthers interim general manager said the league has told the team to travel to Kansas City as scheduled, according to the Charlotte Observer.

The Chiefs issued a statement that said, "We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning. We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21217885/chiefs-player-kills-himself-police-reportedly-investigating-two-shootings

Thoughts and prayers to their families and the Kansas City Chiefs.

MACH1
12-01-2012, 11:05 AM
I added Shootings to the title.

So far they aren't saying which player it is for sure.

Fire Haley
12-01-2012, 11:15 AM
610 Sports Radio- KC ‏@610SportsKC
Kansas City MO Police is now confirming that #Chiefs player Jovan Belcher is the player who shot and killed himself in what's being investigated as a murder-suicide.

Facebook pics of Belcher, his girlfriend and new baby
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/487002_2507111654858_328911258_n.jpg

Fire Haley
12-01-2012, 11:29 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/01/3943246/chiefs-player-kills-girlfriend.html#storylink=cpy

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher this morning shot and killed his girlfriend before going to Arrowhead Stadium and fatally shooting himself as team personnel tried to stop him, police said.

Police Capt. David Lindaman said Belcher, 25, and his girlfriend, 22, got into an argument around 7 a.m. at their home in the 5400 block of Crysler Avenue in Kansas City. Around 7:50 a.m., Lindaman said, Belcher shot his girlfriend multiple times. She was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Lindaman said Belcher’s mother, who was visiting the couple and their 3-month-old daughter, witnessed the shooting and was being interviewed by police.

Belcher left the scene on Crysler and went to the Chiefs practice facility at Arrowhead, police said.

Police were called to the stadium around 8:10 a.m. When Belcher arrived there he encountered General Manager Scott Pioli, Coach Romeo Crennel and other team personnel.

Police said Chiefs staff attempted to keep Belcher from committing additional acts of violence. When police arrived, they heard a gunshot and found that Belcher had shot himself in the head.

Lady Steel
12-01-2012, 11:50 AM
My heart goes out to their beautiful daughter who, today, lost both her parents. So tragic. :sadness:

Fire Haley
12-01-2012, 11:57 AM
crime of passion?...doesn't sound premeditated, what with his mom standing there witnessing the murder

Lady Steel
12-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Probably, Killer. It happened between 7:00-8:00 AM. I wonder if he was out all night. His poor mother. I'm sure more details regarding his state of mind will come out if/when her statements are made public.

jjpro11
12-01-2012, 12:35 PM
my God how sickening. Such a tragedy he had to take the mother of his child with him. I don't care what she might have done, if anything at all, to provoke his rage.. That's just so unnecessary and sad.

Fire Arians
12-01-2012, 01:21 PM
fucked up

Atlanta Dan
12-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Yikes - how awful

Atlanta Dan
12-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Probably, Killer. It happened between 7:00-8:00 AM. I wonder if he was out all night. His poor mother. I'm sure more details regarding his state of mind will come out if/when her statements are made public.

This from the KC Star

A friend of the woman killed today by Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher said the couple argued in the early morning hours after the woman was out late attending Friday’s Trey Songz concert at The Midland.

The friend, who asked not to be identified, said Belcher confronted his girlfriend when she returned home about 1 a.m.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/01/3943363/source-belcher-murder-suicide.html

So they argue all night, he has not slept for 24 hours and being sleep deprived helps take the madness to 11 on a scale of 1 to 10? As someone else posted, the child left behind just had her world destroyed

Before turning the gun on himself, Belcher thanked Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel for all they had done for him
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/12/01/report-kansas-city-chiefs-player-umaine-graduate-kills-girlfriend-self/

The show must go on but I cannot imagine how the Chiefs will be able to process all this and play tomorrow

Fire Haley
12-01-2012, 01:47 PM
maybe

Amid the shocking news that Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher murdered his girlfriend and then killed himself on Saturday morning, the NFL is telling the Panthers to go ahead with their plans to travel to Kansas City on Saturday afternoon for Sunday’s 1 p.m. Eastern kickoff against the Chiefs.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2012/12/reports-of-a-shooting-at-chiefs-practice-facility-nfl-advises-panthers-to-travel-as-planned.html

SoCalFan
12-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Terrible & stupid at the same time! I'm amazed when wealthy & famous people do this type of thing! I know money doesn't buy happiness but with a 6 month old child and an NFL contract, how tough could life be? Selfish act!!!

Lady Steel
12-01-2012, 02:27 PM
This from the KC Star

A friend of the woman killed today by Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher said the couple argued in the early morning hours after the woman was out late attending Friday’s Trey Songz concert at The Midland.

The friend, who asked not to be identified, said Belcher confronted his girlfriend when she returned home about 1 a.m.

This is a twist I wasn't expecting. Thanks for correcting my assumption, Dan. That was wrong of me.

SteelersCanada
12-01-2012, 03:06 PM
How are Crennel and Pioli supposed to show up at the game tomorrow and conduct their business? I was listening to NFL on Sirius today and they had a sports psychologist on there speaking about the chances of Crennel and Pioli suffering from PTSD after witnessing something like that happening and I thought to myself, 'they can't possibly go out there and coach / watch tomorrow.' How could you? This is the type of tragedy that transcends football and I'm praying for all those involved - including Pioli and Crennel.

They have to play tomorrow, but it'll be a somber atmosphere. How are the players going to play after not seeing a guy who is usually in the locker room dressing, knowing the tragedy that happened 24 hours before. I think events like this remind people that these guys are still human and have the feelings and emotions of one - something that has to be respected and acknowledged.

tony hipchest
12-01-2012, 05:16 PM
great point steelerscanada,

reality is going to set in with pioli and crennel, and while they said they never felt they were in danger, they are going to start thinking "damn, he coulda easilly turned the gun on me. im glad and lucky to be alive".

thats some deep shit that can take your mind off when to throw a challenge flag or scouring the waiver wire.

i cant even imagine what is going to go through that little babys head when she grows old enough to understand.

nj1923steelgirl
12-01-2012, 05:50 PM
My heart goes out to the three month old daughter and the Mom I guess it was his mom..who had to see this...tragic....

lipps83
12-01-2012, 06:47 PM
great point steelerscanada,

reality is going to set in with pioli and crennel, and while they said they never felt they were in danger, they are going to start thinking "damn, he coulda easilly turned the gun on me. im glad and lucky to be alive".

thats some deep shit that can take your mind off when to throw a challenge flag or scouring the waiver wire.

i cant even imagine what is going to go through that little babys head when she grows old enough to understand.

Yeah, the NFL could easily postpone the game until Monday or another early weekday.

Doesn't make sense to have the Chiefs players and coaches active less than 24 hours from this.

BlaZeQuietly
12-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I wonder why he did it

cubanstogie
12-01-2012, 08:14 PM
As tragic as this is. I wonder if this would have happened if the Chiefs were 8-3. Good Job Matt Cassel.

WTF?

silver & black
12-01-2012, 08:15 PM
As tragic as this is. I wonder if this would have happened if the Chiefs were 8-3. Good Job Matt Cassel.

Really dude?

steelax04
12-01-2012, 08:18 PM

You have said some stupid shit, even stuff that isn't in English, but WTF man. Someone send this tool out with the trash.

BlaZeQuietly
12-01-2012, 08:20 PM
what? too early? I'm just saying perhaps the failures of his quarterback has lead to the failures of his football team which makes him angry, sounds logical to me. I'm a realist.

BlaZeQuietly
12-01-2012, 08:33 PM
there I deleted it my self, I guess I was being a little insensitive.

SteelersCanada
12-01-2012, 08:35 PM

Dude, are you fucking kidding me? You know, I can handle the autism references and the homophobic slurs, but this is too far. Two people fucking died and a 3 month old lost both parents. He didn't kill himself and his girlfriend in front of his coaches because his team was doing poorly you ignorant piece of shit - he clearly had issues that go beyond football.

I hope the mods come down hard on you for this. This might have been the most ignorant, stupid and ridiculous thing you've ever put on these boards. I suggest you crawl away and hide after posting this if you aren't banned - which you should be - and only post when you have something constructive to add.

If you were kidding, I don't even give a shit. It's 12 hours after it happened and lives are changed forever after these events. Crennel and Pioli might have PTSD and Belcher's family is forever scarred. You making jokes and then justifying it is crossing so many fucking lines.

Please, listen to the little voice that says "don't post this! you'll sound like a fucking idiot!" and maybe people wouldn't treat you like a piece of shit. I really, really hope you never have to deal with anything like this in your life and I hope you don't have to deal with some ignorant shithead making jokes about it.

BlaZeQuietly
12-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Dude, are you fucking kidding me? You know, I can handle the autism references and the homophobic slurs, but this is too far. Two people fucking died and a 3 month old lost both parents. He didn't kill himself and his girlfriend in front of his coaches because his team was doing poorly you ignorant piece of shit - he clearly had issues that go beyond football.

I hope the mods come down hard on you for this. This might have been the most ignorant, stupid and ridiculous thing you've ever put on these boards. I suggest you crawl away and hide after posting this if you aren't banned - which you should be - and only post when you have something constructive to add.

If you were kidding, I don't even give a shit. It's 12 hours after it happened and lives are changed forever after these events. Crennel and Pioli might have PTSD and Belcher's family is forever scarred. You making jokes and then justifying it is crossing so many fucking lines.

Please, listen to the little voice that says "don't post this! you'll sound like a fucking idiot!" and maybe people wouldn't treat you like a piece of shit. I really, really hope you never have to deal with anything like this in your life and I hope you don't have to deal with some ignorant shithead making jokes about it.

Why don't you go hump an elk

BlaZeQuietly
12-01-2012, 08:49 PM
For the record I have had to deal with plenty of death in my life, two of my best friends overdosed. I know its no laughing matter and I picked the wrong time to make a comment like that, I deleted it and apoligized.

lloydwoodson
12-01-2012, 10:44 PM
People will look for a reason for this shooting but the reality is you can't think like Jovan thought. He clearly was an unstable individual. I am sure some possible causes of his escalated instability will come to surface. All in all it is a very sad event and my heart goes out to the victim's family. Blaze is under a lot of pressure right now so he says some things he shouldn't.

cubanstogie
12-01-2012, 11:10 PM
People will look for a reason for this shooting but the reality is you can't think like Jovan thought. He clearly was an unstable individual. I am sure some possible causes of his escalated instability will come to surface. All in all it is a very sad event and my heart goes out to the victim's family. Blaze is under a lot of pressure right now so he says some things he shouldn't.

Blaze just needs to find his lithium and he will be fine.

tony hipchest
12-02-2012, 12:40 AM
there I deleted it my self, I guess I was being a little insensitive.yeah, just a little. :rolleyes:

but you are commended for removing it yourself, and the apology.

Please, listen to the little voice that says "don't post this! you'll sound like a fucking idiot!" and maybe people wouldn't treat you like a piece of shit. I really, really hope you never have to deal with anything like this in your life and I hope you don't have to deal with some ignorant shithead making jokes about it.we typically dont ban for being an idiot or an asshole in and of itself, and as moronic as it may have been blazes post was not in direct violation of the COC.

it is noted that his act is wearing thin, not only with his deleted remark, but the repeated slurs, and threadwh0ring of redundant topics.

this post will serve as a warning that steelersfever is neither his twitter or facebook page and he should treat it as such.

in the meantime, not dropping the ban hammer on his ass allows for the great self policing of your post. perhaps being called out like that will open up his eyes. :thumbsup:

Why don't you go hump an elkno sense in getting all pissy becaue you were rightfully taken to task. if youre gonna post some bullshit be prepared to be called on it.

i would simply suggest quit posting bullshit. :noidea: its starting to seem a good deal of our membership wouldnt care less if you were given the boot and removed from this board altogether. :hunch:

6RingsAndCounting
12-02-2012, 02:10 AM
Can honestly say I was in utter shock when I heard this. I can't imagine what his family and teammates are going through right now. I really hope all of his teammates and friends and family.are there for this poor little girl.

Fire Haley
12-02-2012, 07:21 AM
two of my best friends overdosed.

so, there's just you left?

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/JethroFloyd804/icy-hot-stuntaz.jpg[/IMG]

Atlanta Dan
12-02-2012, 03:59 PM

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx159/JethroFloyd804/icy-hot-stuntaz.jpg[/IMG]

That's cold:thumbsup:

BlaZeQuietly
12-02-2012, 04:34 PM

this was equally as rude and I think Killer should be warned as well.

MACH1
12-02-2012, 04:51 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5Vyu5GIW8_47dLcNOkoqbf08Pn7Eqv BhCQl2xTRay8IxW-C4pTg

SteelCurtain5643
12-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I cant believe what idiot Bob Costas said before halftime ended on SNF. He was reading part of an article that Jason Whitlock wrote and it basically said if Belcher hadnt possessed a gun, 2 people would still be alive....Yeah ok, because it was the guns fault. Typical libtard statement to make. Because he couldnt have done the same thing with a knife or any other weapon, it was all the guns fault. Yeah right. Whitlock should stick to sports and write about things he actually knows about.

Nevermore
12-03-2012, 08:35 AM
What a sad and tragic story.

I've been having trouble though figuring out how to handle this if I'm the Chiefs organization. On one hand, it is unbelievably sad that a teammate is no longer with them. And I can understand from that perspective them having his locker all decked out with his gear for the game.

On the other hand, he murdered his child's mother, then killed himself in what is nothing other than an unbelievably selfish and unforgivable act. And putting so many people (his child, families, the coaches) through such traumatic and awful experience.

I think they did a good job by having a moment of silence for domestic abuse, instead of him. Tough subject I think and tough to handle.

All the best to the Chiefs. I was happy to see they won yesterday in spite of the anguish I'm sure they were all going through.

Nevermore
12-03-2012, 08:37 AM
I cant believe what idiot Bob Costas said before halftime ended on SNF. He was reading part of an article that Jason Whitlock wrote and it basically said if Belcher hadnt possessed a gun, 2 people would still be alive....Yeah ok, because it was the guns fault. Typical libtard statement to make. Because he couldnt have done the same thing with a knife or any other weapon, it was all the guns fault. Yeah right. Whitlock should stick to sports and write about things he actually knows about.

Unfortunately this kind of situation brings out dumb writing and reporting everywhere. I read an article yesterday where his former high school coach said Belcher was "a real family man" and you couldn't ask for a better guy.

Doesn't really seem to apply given the latest incident. Poor timing at best I would say.

jjpro11
12-03-2012, 10:39 AM

My respect for Costas dropped to zero. That was fucking bullshit to go all political there. And what the hell is he thinking anyways? You mean to tell me a 230 lb man isn't capable of killing a small woman unless he has a gun? if you are in a state of rage enough so to carry out a murder, everything around you becomes a weapon; including your own bare hands.

It's terribly tragic. A baby just became parent-less and a 22 year old had her life ended way too early. To go and blame a gun is incredibly simple minded. Look at the person, not the object.

MACH1
12-03-2012, 10:46 AM
I bet you anything if Costas or Whitlock lives were in danger they wouldn't hesitate to pick up a firearm and defend themselves or their families.

MasterOfPuppets
12-03-2012, 02:39 PM
On the other hand, he murdered his child's mother, then killed himself in what is nothing other than an unbelievably selfish and unforgivable act. And putting so many people (his child, families, the coaches) through such traumatic and awful experience.

this is the part people tend to keep over looking.... reserve the sympathy for the victims, not the trigger man. this woman did nothing to belcher that justifies him being her executioner.
i doubt nobody was shedding tears for the woman that killed mcnair and herself.

MasterOfPuppets
12-03-2012, 04:48 PM
My respect for Costas dropped to zero. That was fucking bullshit to go all political there. And what the hell is he thinking anyways? You mean to tell me a 230 lb man isn't capable of killing a small woman unless he has a gun? if you are in a state of rage enough so to carry out a murder, everything around you becomes a weapon; including your own bare hands.

It's terribly tragic. A baby just became parent-less and a 22 year old had her life ended way too early. To go and blame a gun is incredibly simple minded. Look at the person, not the object.
i wonder if the idiots suggested banning knives after the juice sliced up nicole brown and ron goldman...:noidea:

cubanstogie
12-03-2012, 06:23 PM
i wonder if the idiots suggested banning knives after the juice sliced up nicole brown and ron goldman...:noidea:

I was thinking something very similar. Costas has dropped to Jim Gray status in my book. The coincidental part of this thing is I just took the lame test in CA to buy a hand gun and am trying to help my wife accept I am buying a springfield XD 9mm. Literally the day after I mentioned it to her this $hiit happens.

lloydwoodson
12-03-2012, 08:08 PM
I was thinking something very similar. Costas has dropped to Jim Gray status in my book. The coincidental part of this thing is I just took the lame test in CA to buy a hand gun and am trying to help my wife accept I am buying a springfield XD 9mm. Literally the day after I mentioned it to her this $hiit happens.

You really giving Costas Jim Gray status? That's cold. I wouldn't give Charles Manson Jim Gray status.

cubanstogie
12-03-2012, 08:40 PM
You really giving Costas Jim Gray status? That's cold. I wouldn't give Charles Manson Jim Gray status.

OK, I was being a little dramatic. I cannot stand Gray. On a side note, Costas thinks Gray is the best sports reporter in the business. Its just horrible logic to blame the gun on the incident. Costas seems smarter than that.

BlaZeQuietly
12-03-2012, 08:42 PM
It really is puzzling why he would do this, I've never understood why someone with such a successful sports career can be that unhappy to kill his wife and him self. My career has been ruined by injuries and me getting in trouble and being incarcerated, I will never go anywhere in sports although I feel I have enough talent I spent time in prison and suffered two broken legs all within a 3 year time frame and it ruined a very promising baseball career, I'll never make it big, but I still would not do something like that. I never heard of the guy until this happened but damn, with all the success, he didn't realize how lucky he was, he could have gave him self, his wife and his daughter a wonderful life, instead he destroyed all three, it is truly a tragedy.

tony hipchest
12-03-2012, 11:28 PM
ironic that he graduated with a degree in child development.

selfish moron.

BTW most big ticket concerts end past midnight. he killed his GF cause she got home "late" at 1:00AM :doh:

roid rage is a terrible thing.

4xSBChamps
12-04-2012, 06:12 AM
I cant believe what idiot Bob Costas said before halftime ended on SNF.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/political/ifHankhadtogoBobhastogo_zps5a073dfa.jpg

lloydwoodson
12-04-2012, 07:56 PM
ironic that he graduated with a degree in child development.

selfish moron.

BTW most big ticket concerts end past midnight. he killed his GF cause she got home "late" at 1:00AM :doh:

roid rage is a terrible thing.

Don't blame this on roids. How is that different from blaming it on a gun? The fact is when people are scared or their world is unstable they want to put everything in its place so they conjure up motives and reasons for the unexplainable to make themselves feel better.

There is no GOOD reason for Belcher to do what he did. Period. The rest is determining which factors added to his instability and violence.

lloydwoodson
12-04-2012, 07:59 PM
OK, I was being a little dramatic. I cannot stand Gray. On a side note, Costas thinks Gray is the best sports reporter in the business. Its just horrible logic to blame the gun on the incident. Costas seems smarter than that.

Jim Gray's sneak attack on Pete Rose was unforgivable. He did the same thing trying to embarass Evander Holyfield in talking to James Toney and Toney I thought was going to knock him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgecPysuGB4

MasterOfPuppets
12-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Don't blame this on roids. How is that different from blaming it on a gun? The fact is when people are scared or their world is unstable they want to put everything in its place so they conjure up motives and reasons for the unexplainable to make themselves feel better.

There is no GOOD reason for Belcher to do what he did. Period. The rest is determining which factors added to his instability and violence.
really...who in hell has ever heard of a substance being responsible for altering ones state of mind and causing them to do stupid shit.....:alcoholic(burp)...excuse me i'm gonna go piss in the oven....