PDA

View Full Version : Raven's Post Game Goodness

Darkstorm05
12-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Great fight, good win. Everyone saying we should lose, we suck, etc., should be ashamed.

Ricco Suavez
12-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Yea it sickens me to read some of the venom our so-called fans spout out during game day threads. I understand being critical but some of the comments are so childish and juvenile I wonder how many fans are above 15 years old. No wonder half of them believe "REAL" football is like some video game. Great win by a gutsy team. This win keeps us in the hunt.

stb_steeler
12-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Those who also doubted Charlie can suck it also....:tt02:

Hawaii 5-0
12-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Great win by a gutsy team.

this sums it up very well...:thumbsup:

WVABE
12-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Charlie looked fairly descent today except for that over throw in the end zone.

StainlessStill
12-02-2012, 06:37 PM
... and I thought the GUTS in N.Y couldn't be topped!

This is one of the most incredible wins I've ever seen givin OUR circumstance.

How about James Harrison with the strip-sack? Deja vu!

austinfrench76
12-02-2012, 06:38 PM
I stay off of the gameday threads b/c I realize it's a 60 minute game. I will admit though, it's tough sometimes! Go Steelers, big win!

IowaSteeler927
12-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Those who also doubted Charlie can suck it also....:tt02:

Couldn't agree more. Charlie was definitely rusty last week and he's getting old but that man has given us a decade of hard work and dedication. I couldn't be more proud of how they fought and turned things around after the last two weeks. Charlie just had to put his best friend Roxie (his Rottweiler) down after her cancer came back and here he is leaving it all out on the field. For shame naysayers for shame.

RichardCullinanForever
12-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Through week 13:

Offensive MVP: Ben Roethlisberger & Health Miller (Tie)
Defensive MVP: Ryan Clark
Special Teams MVP: Shuan Fucking Suisham

Great fucking win.

Darkstorm05
12-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Couldn't agree more. Charlie was definitely rusty last week and he's getting old but that man has given us a decade of hard work and dedication. I couldn't be more proud of how they fought and turned things around after the last two weeks. Charlie just had to put his best friend Roxie (his Rottweiler) down after her cancer came back and here he is leaving it all out on the field. For shame naysayers for shame.

I predicted Batch would pull out a good retirement game for this one, and was glad to see it happen. Now to hope Ben comes back and builds on the momentum.

Bayz101
12-02-2012, 06:42 PM

Fairly Decent? He's a 38 year old third string QB and he threw for 276 yards on 25-37. That's probably better than Ben's average game. He played exceptional football given the situation.

4xSBChamps
12-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Fairly Decent? He's a 38 year old third string QB and he threw for 276 yards on 25-37. That's probably better than Ben's average game. He played exceptional football given the situation.

if Sanders doesn't fumble, and Wallace makes that routine catch in the 1st half, the margin-of-victory may've been greater, and Batch's numbers better

Millers the sh!t
12-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Charlie played pretty hood today. Really turned the offense on when we stopped rushing so much. Great defense.again. big props to Harrison with the strip sack and 25 Clark with the Pick.

ZoneBlitzer
12-02-2012, 06:52 PM
This is a miracle victory. I thought they were done when they were down ten but Batch overcame some horrible throws to make some plays. The fact that this team continues to shoot itself in the foot and still be competitive speaks to the miracle of today's win and to how good this team could actually be. You could almost argue that they would be undefeated if they didn't turn the ball over like they've had.

Biggest win of the season thus far.

scottish_steeler
12-02-2012, 07:02 PM
got to give credit to Tomlin also as he made the decision to drop Mendy and also Kirby as the ball security from the RBs tonight was brilliant compared to last week!

going to be happy all week, dont think i could of stomached being swept by that lot 2 years in a row

Curtain_of_Steel
12-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Better than Bens avg game? Hell lets go with Charlie than for the rest of the year. Why try an toss up a compare?

How was last weeks game? Yes he had a good game. Thats it, 1 good game. Did he look better than last week? Hell ya, but the Oline actually played as a line this week. Luckily Charlie had the time and plenty of it to sit back and wait for someone to get open.

Wasn't perfect, made some bad choices, but he played great. Now hopefully Ben comes back, and he goes to the Bench. Thank you Charlie for doing your job!

Edman
12-02-2012, 07:07 PM
I thought the N.Y Giants game was huge, this is insane.

NSMaster56
12-02-2012, 07:13 PM
It's good to see the Steelers win like they should have the first time around.

Still, it's hard not to look back and think, based on this hard-fought win, that the Steelers should be better than 7-5.

With a healthy Big Ben the Steelers can still win out. In fact, it's very likely.

However, as good as 11-5 or 10-6 will be, 12-4 or better would have been better and attainable if not for lack of discipline.

Finish strong.

SteelCurtain5643
12-02-2012, 07:14 PM
To add insult to injury, Baltimores streak of 12 straight wins in the division..GONE

NSMaster56
12-02-2012, 07:14 PM
The fact that this team continues to shoot itself in the foot and still be competitive speaks to the miracle of today's win and to how good this team could actually be. You could almost argue that they would be undefeated if they didn't turn the ball over like they've had.

*nodding*

Pentheon
12-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Great win....division still isn't out of the picture, Ravens have a very tough schedule left.

Ravens schedule: Redskins, Broncos, Giants, Bengals

Our schedule: Chargers, Cowboys, Bengals, Browns

I'm liking our odds...

Stu Pidasso
12-02-2012, 07:39 PM
So I went over to the Ravens Message boards to soak in the goodness, and read the blubbering posts they manage to pound out on their keyboards through panicked tears. I tried to post a respectful message saying that we will meet again in the playoffs, when I get this:

Stu Pidasso,

You have been given a warning by berad.

Reason: Gameday Troll

----------------------------------------------------------------------
No smack go away
----------------------------------------------------------------------

To view the full details for this warning, visit your warning log at the link below:

They can't even take friendly enemy posts! What a bunch of purple pussies. THEN I get a second one 2 minutes later by a DIFFERENT moderator:

Stu Pidasso,

You have been given a warning by Moderator 3.

Reason: Inappropriate Username

Wow. Sensitive too.

Lady Steel
12-02-2012, 07:49 PM
So I went over to the Ravens Message boards to soak in the goodness, and read the blubbering posts they manage to pound out on their keyboards through panicked tears. I tried to post a respectful message saying that we will meet again in the playoffs, when I get this:

They can't even take friendly enemy posts! What a bunch of purple pussies. THEN I get a second one 2 minutes later by a DIFFERENT moderator:

Wow. Sensitive too.

The majority of Ravens fans are babies. That's why I don't bother with them. There's simply no talking to them. They rank right up there with Patriots fans in my book. Dumb as a bag of hair.

torpedoshell31
12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
What a gutsy effort by the whole team! With a 38 year old arm held together by bubblegum and bindertwine, Charlie outplayed their "elite" QB. And Heath Miller-Wow what a warrior!

Terminator
12-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Ike Taylor is out for 6 weeks with a fibula injury. Fuck!

Edman
12-02-2012, 09:22 PM
I've been hanging around the Steeler Board on Scout.com. Over the week Raven Trolls were all over the place chirping.

Needless to say, they're awfully quiet now.

Ricco Suavez
12-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Ravens are at their best when front running. They just took on water today with SS Sink-a-Bird. They were on cruise control and now they are seeing what we told them two weeks ago they are frauds.

Rotorhead
12-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Um 2-6 weeks, and he was out the first series today and our secondary was fine.

Steelers>NFL
12-03-2012, 07:17 AM

Wallace more than likely would have dropped the ball! Just like he did 2 or 3 plays earlier along the sideline.