PDA

View Full Version : Game Ball for the Ravens/Steelers game

Terminator
12-02-2012, 07:36 PM
100% James Harrison. His strip sack late in the 4th gave us the position to make a tying touchdown and eventually clinch the game.

GMU Steeler
12-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Hard to argue with that. On the offensive side of the ball, it would be Heath or Charlie.

casteeler
12-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Heath Miller:tt04:

SoCalFan
12-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Batch & HEATH split, PERIOD!!!

TRH
12-02-2012, 07:38 PM
since there wasn't really one complete, no-question standout today (it was a good team effort)......i'll second that and go with Harrison too. He's definitely playing much better and more consistent. I think he's finally adjusting to trying to tackle/hit without getting fined & being aware of his past injuries.
Heath made some key catches as well.

cubanstogie
12-02-2012, 07:39 PM
very tough call, you could go Charlie, Harrison how about the secondary shutting their WR's down except for a couple of conversions. I am going with Heath Miller.

lloydwoodson
My game ball goes to Charlie Batch. He played an excellent game especially in the second half. He made a lot of good throws today and took a lot of hard hits.

Miller and Keisel had very strong games as well.

ETL
Todd Haley

Ricco Suavez
12-02-2012, 07:41 PM
My game ball goes to Charlie Batch. He played an excellent game especially in the second half. He made a lot of good throws today and took a lot of hard hits.

Miller and Keisel had very strong games as well.

I second, most yards ever in a Steeler uniform on enemy field breaks home streak, breaks division streak, and overcame shoddy play from last week and fan unrest this week.

3rdandlong
12-02-2012, 07:43 PM
I gotta give it to Batch. He played great today! This is one of the best wins in awhileY

zcoop
12-02-2012, 07:43 PM
I didn't think Charlie had much left in tank, but he managed the game pretty well today. Kudos to CB.

OX1947
12-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Todd Haley, Charlie Batch and the Steelers Defense!!! Man, if our team is healthy and we go into the playoffs, WATCH OUT!

Darkstorm05
12-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Heath and Suisham. Both came up with what we needed at the end.

austinfrench76
12-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Charlie, for sure...BUT, Harrison, Miller and Beachum should get some shout outs! I cannot believe how well the line played given the line up. One helluva game! So fired up right now!!! We need to win out and get that 2nd seed. that puts us back in Baltimore for the 2nd round to end their season!

austinfrench76
12-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Sorry, forgot my boy Suisham!

austinfrench76
12-02-2012, 07:46 PM
And I meant 5th seed.

tarasovic2
12-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Miller, Batch, Suisham, Starks

JWashington
12-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Charlie shut up a lot of nay sayers everywhere today. Many on this board, not excluding myself. My hat off to him. Overall this was a great team win since so many guys stepped up and made plays when they needed to.

WVABE
12-02-2012, 07:51 PM
It was a great team effort, gotta go with Charlie though.

Lady Steel
12-02-2012, 07:53 PM
This truly was a team effort today. An all-around wonderful victory.

Raw Steel
12-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Offense: Heath
Defense: Harrison
ST: Suisham (Wasn't a gimme)

FrancoLambert
12-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Team Game Ball.
Defense and especially the secondary came up big on many occasions.
Charlie's 2nd half performance.
Suisham's clutch kick to win it.
Offensive line gave Charlie time more often than not.
This team fought hard to win this game and keep the dream alive.

ZoneBlitzer
12-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Batch, he was a difference maker in the second half.
Honorable mention to Heath and Cortez Allen in replacing our best cover corner.

JVip
12-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Harrison, Heath and Batch....
I can't leave Allen out of the conversation either

Curtain_of_Steel
12-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Charlie can have the game ball. Does that mean I want him as the starting QB? Not a chance

So I hope I can still be a naysayer.

Defense as usual killed Flacco, and the Ravens hrut themselves. We tried to give it away with stupid pasees and turnovers, but the Defense came through again.

I want to be in the playoffs and not going to Denver. Thats all I would like for Xmas.

For all you Wallaces bashers, you want Sanders as his replacement? Ill take Wallace, Mendy can go home now, Ill still take Dwyer/Redman combo over him as well.

zcoop
12-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Team Game Ball.
Defense and especially the secondary came up big on many occasions.
Charlie's 2nd half performance.
Suisham's clutch kick to win it.
Offensive line gave Charlie time more often than not.
This team fought hard to win this game and keep the dream alive.

After last week the TEAM had to step it up and they did.

MillerMania83
12-02-2012, 08:03 PM
James Harrison's sack/strip fumble WAS THE PLAY of the game, that play changed everything IMO....#92 gets my game ball....Close runnerups go to Batch, Heath Miller and Cortez Allen was HUGE today.

Terminator
12-02-2012, 08:03 PM
I'd also like to give a big FUCK YOU to Paul Kruger for his cheap shot (forearm into Charlie's head at the back). So glad the refs saw that.

harrison'samonster
12-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Batch, Miller, Harrison, offensive line was great! Haley, Redman and Dwyer, the whole defense. But Batch really stood out

lloydwoodson
One person that has not been mentioned yet for game ball is Ray Rice. Hey Ray, thanks for the extra motivation you gave by draping yourself in the Terrible Towel!

Sleeper/54
BATCH .... got up off the turf time after time and showed just how tuff some of us ole farts can be !!!!

NSMaster56
12-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Three trains of thought on this one:

1. Chaz Batch. The old man stepped up after a horrible game @ CLE and an equally uninspiring first half and led the Steelers to victory in hostile territory.

2. Heath Miller. The heart of and such a luxury for this O. Today was no exception.

3. The D (Harrison specifially/today). It's easy to take them for granted. They haev allowed >21 points only thrice all year---and all within the first 6 games. Since week 7 they've only allowed 16 PPG---and that's even more amazing when factoring in how many TO's the O has had!

AgentGold007
12-02-2012, 08:25 PM
I've been waiting to say this all year: James Harrison gets the game ball. I would have given it to Batch, but that play where he overthrew Wallace in the end zone took it away from him. Heath has plenty of game balls this year. This one goes to Deebo:tt04:

AgentGold007
12-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Cortez Allen had a couple blips but he stepped up and had a solid game coming off the bench.

Steel_Bus_24
12-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Lord oh Lord Please Help me

This team drove me into an insane crazy laugh when Sanders fumbled that ball

Its what is maddening and yet great about this team I guess

So much heart and desire to win out there today......Everybody came together to help get this one....Im glad Charlie got his chance to be part of a great Steeler win.

Heath was again beastly. If most of the rest of the team were as disciplined and consistent as him, we'd never lose a game

Man its hard to single out guys because it was just one of those emotional Steeler(The Chips are Down Now) wins where everybody battles with everything they have.

AndyWitmyer
12-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Offense: Charlie Batch, who at nearly 80 years old, proved why he's still Ben's most reliable back-up - with Miller getting an very honorable mention!

Defense: Hmm, this is a tough one - maybe Ryan Clark? Ziggy gets some props - he finally had some presence tonight.

Special Teams: Shaun Suisham. This man has scored a hell of a lot of points this season, and tonight, his nearly perfect kick from the 40 won us the game!

I was saying it all week - remove Charlie's rust, and you have a QB who's as good as or better than than Joke Flacco!

AndyWitmyer
12-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Also want to give the o-line some major props for doing a pretty good job of keeping Charlie as protected as he was..

Dwyer and Redman were both very effective as rushers and can share a micro game ball for their efforts.

Miller and Brown get their own micro gameball as receivers.

desertsteel
12-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Batch for me. Minus the endzone pick he was stellar today. I think we can rest Ben another week against the hapless Chargers if need be.

Fire Arians
12-02-2012, 09:15 PM
charlie batch, big win for maybe his retirement season, way to go!

Steel_Bus_24
12-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Batch for me. Minus the endzone pick he was stellar today. I think we can rest Ben another week against the hapless Chargers if need be.

don't you know, the hapless teams are the ones we can't beat

btaylor179
12-02-2012, 09:33 PM
heath is mvp of the season/////////we play down to our competetion so im scared of chargers

tony hipchest
12-02-2012, 09:42 PM
in what very well coulda been his last playing time in the nfl, i would bet anything that the team unanimously gave the gameball to charlie batch.

he certainly wasnt the best player on the field, but he did his job, and did what the coaches and rooneys kept him around to do. win a game in bens absense.

it just so happened to be our biggest and toughest game of the year.

beer72
12-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Gotta say Batch

torpedoshell31
12-02-2012, 09:58 PM
I've been critical of Ziggy Hood, but he came up with a sack and he recovered the fumble caused by Harrison's strip of Flacco that was the key play of the game. But I would have to go with Charlie for pulling off the upset that few thought he could do.

desertsteel
12-02-2012, 10:16 PM
How about a shout out to the O-line for their pass protection today. It was great. Gave up a total of 6 yards on 2 sacks.

StainlessStill
12-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Man, this is tough. The play that sticks out at a PIVOTAL part of the game is the James Harrison strip-sack-fumble. We were down by 7. Without that, we may have not had a chance to tie the game and Baltimore could have used more clock.

James Harrison, you get my game ball!

SteelBobbleHead
12-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Batch, what a turn around from last week. I was hoping last week was just rust.
Gotta give some props to the totally revamped O-line. Pouncey making a start at a position he hasn't played since college, Beachum making his 1st carreer start (facing suggs none the less), and these guys playing together in this line up for the first time. Geled well enough to give Charlie plenty of time on many of his throws.

PhantomJB93
12-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Gotta give it to Batch. With the exception of the INT and the Wallace endzone overthrow, he was exactly on point and, to be honest, did everything I would have expected with Ben in there.

Otherwise the entire LB corps gets a huge thumbs up from me. Harrison is starting to heat up, Timmons and Foote were their reliable selves, and Worilds has looked better in the past two games than Woodley did all season.

teegre
12-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Batch.

I can pick two moments that make my decision:

1) His rant to the offensive huddle, right at the 2-minute warning.

2) Showing that his rant was not bullshit, when he hugged BB after the game.

This is a HEART pick; not a brain pick. This game was Charlie Batch's.

AndyWitmyer
12-02-2012, 11:14 PM
2005 vs 2012: Batch and The Bus

Seeing as how this will almost assuredly be Charlie's last year in the NFL...in regards to all of the "could this year be like like 2005" speculation going around...

Is it just me, or is anyone else feeling a kinda strange sense of deja vu? I mean, it's not quite the same....in 2005, the team we had that year was primarily motivated to win one for Jerome Bettis, who...like Batch...was playing a farewell season.

Unlike Jerome, Batch obviously has some rings, but seeing as how he's been a reliable and perennial Steelers back-up for Ben for as long as he's been...in a season where his performance tonight may very well have saved this team from a non-playoff season...I can see that might likewise rally this year's team to send him out right...with an unlikely SB victory that he definitely had a hand in achieving.

Again...I'm not saying this year is 2005 Part !!. But sometimes things happen for a reason. And if a beloved, but retiring backup is part of that reason, than so be it!

This thought (regarding the possible Bettis=Batch Theory) just came to mind...I dunno, it might be worthy of some discussion. Although, I guess all we can do is sit back and watch what happen!

:couch:

6RingsAndCounting
12-02-2012, 11:50 PM
If I could give one big Game ball to someone it would be Charlie, great pride, leadership and heart shown.
Special mention
Harrison- Hugeeeeee Play, that strip sack was huge.
Suisham- I was a doubter in the preseason, glad he's proving me wrong
Todd Haley- I thought he called a great great great game. That fake screen pass to Heath was a great play call, the game planning for this game was great on the offensive side.

Hawaii 5-0
12-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Batch is Steelers Digest Player of the Week

Bob Labriola
Steelers Digest

What a team needs from its quarterback in games against top competition is for him to avoid the kinds of mistakes that can kill off any chance to win and then to make the plays in the critical situations to impact the outcome in a positive way.

Charlie Batch did all of that against the Ravens by completing 25-of-36 for 276 yards, with one touchdown and one interception. Batch was the better of the two quarterbacks in the game, and for his performance he is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were: James Harrison, who led the team with seven tackles and also authored the sack/strip that led to the tying touchdown in the fourth quarter; Heath Miller, who caught five passes for 97 yards and scored that tying touchdown with a nice effort along the sideline; Shaun Suisham, who was perfect on his field goals and did a nice job on kickoffs to negate the return skills of Jacoby Jones; Cortez Allen, who broke up three passes in relief of Ike Taylor; Larry Foote, who had six tackles, including one for loss, a sack and two hits on the quarterback; and Ziggy Hood, who had five tackles, including two for loss, a sack, and the fumble recovery after Harrison’s sack/strip.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Batch-is-Steelers-Digest-Player-of-the-Week/9a1adbea-b673-4ca4-8996-3bea8b2dd72b

Hawaii 5-0
12-03-2012, 02:18 AM
heath is mvp of the season

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/heath-miller-dive-12-2-12-594x330.jpg

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Shaun Suisham will likely be the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for the second time this season.

Kanata-Steeler
12-03-2012, 02:41 AM
oh ya, and lets not forget,
Charlie Batch gets atleast a 90% -shutting up all the naysayers.
:tt:

dez09231
12-03-2012, 02:47 AM
Heath. He makes this offense run in so many ways. Week after week, month after month, year after year, the man is old reliable. He's the only reason we aren't talking about where we are going to get the next Hines from. Today, he did what he had to do to help us win....like always.

Best feel good player is Charlie for sure.... it's good to know for an almost certitude that even after this year, he'll be patrolling the sidelines with a headset and a word of advice.

FrancoLambert
12-03-2012, 06:28 AM
I'd also like to give a big FUCK YOU to Paul Kruger for his cheap shot (forearm into Charlie's head at the back). So glad the refs saw that.

And, the earlier shot to Charlie's head by Ngata was actually worse and not called which I believe contributed to them calling the one by Kruger.

nj1923steelgirl
12-03-2012, 07:53 PM
BATCH!!!

67 calsteel
12-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Batch for the block on the td run.

DoctorCAD
12-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Charlie had a dismal 1st half, but finished like a champion!

The O line deserves half the game ball and Harrison the other half.

steelfury02
12-04-2012, 09:14 AM
says a lot about Baltimore's character, lowering the boom on Charlie, 3 steps after the ball is released

They know they don't want us to start stacking wins, and they don't want any piece of us with Ben back.