PDA

View Full Version : Eating Crow.

Rowland2110
12-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Not that i was too vocal about it on this forum or elsewhere. I had given up on this team. I decided not to watch and i didnt give the steelers a chance. I honestly did not think they would score a TD. Turned the game on with 6 minutes left to see them win it so, i just want to apologize to the steelers and especially Charlie Batch for giving up on this team this week.

That being said, that superstitious part of me felt like if i didnt watch, they would win as well. I almost didnt turn on the last part of the game because of that. So ya, a bit of confliction there.

Hopefully we can win out and DESTROY these ratbirds in the playoffs with a healthy team cause we are A LOT better than the ratbirds despite the records.

VTsteel
12-02-2012, 06:49 PM
It will be interesting to see how many of the "The Season's Over" boo hoo crowd will own up that they jumped ship too early.

Let this be a lesson - It is not over until we are truly eliminated from the playoffs.

Over reacting with negativity is never the answer - hope and belief in the greatest organization ever - is the answer

defence
12-02-2012, 06:55 PM
i wil own up. I never gave Charlie a chance. He did well and am very proud of his performance. Sometimes I need to remind myself; this is the NFL and anything can happen on any given Sunday. Fantastic!!:tt04:

ZoneBlitzer
12-02-2012, 06:55 PM
Thank you for not watching. Today's victory was special and miraculous. I too am eating crow. The offense shockingly rose to the occasion for the first time in weeks.

BlaZeQuietly
12-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Yeah Batch did well, surprised a lot of people including my self but I'm not complaining.

MillerMania83
12-02-2012, 06:59 PM
ABSOLUTELY I'll own up and say I'll eat that crow regarding Charlie Batch....Didn't start out too well, but after he missed Wallace WIDE OPEN for that TD, he seemed t really just put that behind him and played at a high level the rest of the game....Nothing better than beating the Ratbirds....And again we had WAY TOO MANY mistakes and miscues but found a way to get it done anyway despite them....AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME win for the Black and Gold in Baltimore.

steelerchad
12-02-2012, 07:14 PM
ABSOLUTELY I'll own up and say I'll eat that crow regarding Charlie Batch....Didn't start out too well, but after he missed Wallace WIDE OPEN for that TD, he seemed t really just put that behind him and played at a high level the rest of the game....Nothing better than beating the Ratbirds....And again we had WAY TOO MANY mistakes and miscues but found a way to get it done anyway despite them....AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME win for the Black and Gold in Baltimore.

Charlie still isn't Ben. Fact is, Ravens D is not very good. But I'll give Batch for having guts and doing enough to win.

Threw a bad pick in the endzone and overshot a wide open Wallace for another TD.

Happy for Charlie and the team. I'm sure he had an unbearable week after the Cleveland game.

OX1947
12-02-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm still trying to think logically on why any Steeler fan would jump ship on the season when the Steelers would be in the playoffs if the season ended even before this game? What are you jumping off for? The Steeler have had more offensive line changes then Michael Jackson faces, our MVP is out, both of them, one of them for almost the entire season. Every single player on our team has had an injury this season and still, they just put themselves to control their own destiny for the playoffs and not only are the starters getting healthy, the reserves have gotten huge experience and even they have been playing like starters.

I'm sorry, but if the Steelers get into the playoffs with all their starters healthy, teams who play them in the playoffs are gonna get a rude awakening. The Steelers defense is AWESOME in a league right now that plays no defense. That will be a huge advantage come playoff time.

4xSBChamps
12-02-2012, 07:29 PM
...if the Steelers get into the playoffs with all their starters healthy, teams who play them in the playoffs are gonna get a rude awakening. The Steelers defense is AWESOME in a league right now that plays no defense...

along with Frisco, playing defense makes them both odd-balls

ZoneBlitzer
12-02-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm still trying to think logically on why any Steeler fan would jump ship on the season when the Steelers would be in the playoffs if the season ended even before this game? What are you jumping off for? The Steeler have had more offensive line changes then Michael Jackson faces, our MVP is out, both of them, one of them for almost the entire season. Every single player on our team has had an injury this season and still, they just put themselves to control their own destiny for the playoffs and not only are the starters getting healthy, the reserves have gotten huge experience and even they have been playing like starters.

I'm sorry, but if the Steelers get into the playoffs with all their starters healthy, teams who play them in the playoffs are gonna get a rude awakening. The Steelers defense is AWESOME in a league right now that plays no defense. That will be a huge advantage come playoff time.

I jump ship because of all the turnovers, penalties and mistakes. The way this team competes defies logic and convention. You would think with the killer turnovers today, especially the one by Sanders, they would've folded like a tent. Without their D, they would be below .500. Somehow they still soldier on. I don't know what to expect any more. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot and grinding painfully through games. Logic says that you can't keep that up and be a winning club but thx to the D, they are.

stb_steeler
12-02-2012, 07:55 PM
you guys that claim to have jump ship must be young bucks. ive seen lots of bad Steelers teams over the years. not once would I turn off the game no matter how bad. this team has nothing to be ashamed about! :applaudit:

LVSteelersfan
12-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I jump ship because of all the turnovers, penalties and mistakes. The way this team competes defies logic and convention. You would think with the killer turnovers today, especially the one by Sanders, they would've folded like a tent. Without their D, they would be below .500. Somehow they still soldier on. I don't know what to expect any more. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot and grinding painfully through games. Logic says that you can't keep that up and be a winning club but thx to the D, they are.

Unfortunately that is Steelers football. When is the last time we blew someone out? I think even with Ben today with Wallace and Sanders dropping balls all over the place, we wouldn't have fared any better. Thank God for Heath Miller. He is a rock and Haley uses him a lot. I was happy that the Steelers Oline played pretty well for the most part today considering the shakeups. Pouncey seemed to do an excellent job out there and Legursky held his own at Center for the most part. Beachum did ok as far as I could tell.

Steel_Bus_24
12-02-2012, 08:12 PM
The thing Im pissed about last week still might not be corrected yet

I want to see them bring the same or near level of passion, excitement and will to win when we play teams like the raiders, titans, and browns

It drives me insane how they can go all out like this and defy the impossible but yet another week seem like football is the last thing on their minds

I didn't think we had much of a chance with this game because of our shaky O-line

How we won this game with

Starks-Pouncey-Legursky-Foster-Beachum

without Ben....is mind boggling

zcoop
12-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Unfortunately that is Steelers football. When is the last time we blew someone out? I think even with Ben today with Wallace and Sanders dropping balls all over the place, we wouldn't have fared any better. Thank God for Heath Miller. He is a rock and Haley uses him a lot. I was happy that the Steelers Oline played pretty well for the most part today considering the shakeups. Pouncey seemed to do an excellent job out there and Legursky held his own at Center for the most part. Beachum did ok as far as I could tell.

Wallace and Sanders only dropped one ball each. What game were you watching?
:noidea:

torpedoshell31
12-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I admit when Sanders fumbled away what would have been a TD, I thought we were so snakebit that not only the game but the whole season was over. For us to overcome 3 turnovers and Batch's horrible throw 10 feet over Wallace's head in the endzone is truly amazing.
The best part is that Joe (I'm an elite QB!) Flacco was outplayed by both Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch in both games we played them this year.

steelfury02
12-02-2012, 08:26 PM
I admit when Sanders fumbled away what would have been a TD, I thought we were so snakebit that not only the game but the whole season was over. For us to overcome 3 turnovers and Batch's horrible throw 10 feet over Wallace's head in the endzone is truly amazing.
The best part is that Joe (I'm an elite QB!) Flacco was outplayed by both Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch in both games we played them this year.

I was glad to see that they didn't bring Troy back full tilt. For first game back though, he was already flying around. Hopefully this means he wasn't rushed back and taking all this time will pay off. Hopefully we keep winning and Troy comes in and starts adding to the turnovers. We are starting to get them weekly now. Gotta keep it up!

btaylor179
12-02-2012, 08:26 PM
yea we are better because of our D

ChristianKustomz
12-02-2012, 08:29 PM
If they gave an award for a team that has overcome the most obstacles we would win it hands down.

Through adversity...with perseverance...straight through to overcoming despite the obstacles.

I'm eating my wOrda with gravy and I don't mind. We squeaked one by this game but I am not going to give our offense props quite yet. They have not proven to be dependable or consistent. However our defense has been getting better and better and better. Let's not talk about our special teams either.

But we are doing better then one might expect when factoring in the fact we have been plagued with injuries since the start of the season, loss of our QB with no good replacement, worthless wide receivers (Wallace) cough. And so on. Consistancy is what wins not just a one game victory that was a last second win.

But let's admit it...it was nice to stick it back to the Ravens the same way they stuck it to us.

How's that nut soup taste now Birds of Blartimore?

Rotorhead
12-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Like I said, we can still win the division. Denver, NY and Cincy playing for the post season will be some tuff games!

lardlad
12-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Didn't think they would win, but I did suspect an upset was very possible. I guess I was about 60-40 they would lose.

Rick5895
12-03-2012, 07:49 AM
I hope all these bandwagon , ship jumping so called Steeler fans didn't break ankles or tear up knees jumping on or off.
Looking at the game day thread at times yesterday you'd think our season was over.

Rick5895
12-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Turning the game off or not watching because you think we will lose sickens me. . If you do you can't call yourself a true fan, IMO.
Sometimes it's difficult but I can't imagine not watching the Steelers play no matter how good or bad they play!

gloydfan
12-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Exactly!!! I rarely post but I'm a diehard steelers fan! Don't call me and don't come over unless you want to watch football if the steelers are playing. Good team, bad team, doesn't matter. I always watch. Sounds like a fair weather fan to me... Great to see Troy back!!!

SoCalFan
12-03-2012, 08:46 AM
you guys that claim to have jump ship must be young bucks. ive seen lots of bad Steelers teams over the years. not once would I turn off the game no matter how bad. this team has nothing to be ashamed about! :applaudit:

Im with you! IM A REAL STEELER FAN AND WILL NEVER STOP WATCHING!!! Im 40 and witnessed many bad teams! Remember these dudes?

Mark Malone
Cliff Stoudt
David Woodley
Scott Campbell
Bubby Brister
Steve Bono
Reggie Collier
Todd Blackledge
Rick Strom
Kordell Stewart
Mike Thomczak
And yes, dare I say, Neil Odonell (fuckin SB)

Younger gen fans better realize how lucky you are! If you are a real fan, NEVER stop watching!!!!!!!:drink:

casteeler
12-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Lets be fair, The Ravens defense is not great. Batch played badly for most of 3 quarters but finished like he REALLY wanted it. Eat crow? No,Miller made a couple of great plays to put the Steelers in the position to win.Loved the Batch block to help Dwyer get to the endzone

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Not that i was too vocal about it on this forum or elsewhere. I had given up on this team. I decided not to watch and i didnt give the steelers a chance. I honestly did not think they would score a TD. Turned the game on with 6 minutes left to see them win it so, i just want to apologize to the steelers and especially Charlie Batch for giving up on this team this week.

That being said, that superstitious part of me felt like if i didnt watch, they would win as well. I almost didnt turn on the last part of the game because of that. So ya, a bit of confliction there.

Hopefully we can win out and DESTROY these ratbirds in the playoffs with a healthy team cause we are A LOT better than the ratbirds despite the records.

BS... You are not the team you think you are. Bring Ben back. We hopefully will see you in the playoffs. We'll see then who wins. The game was the Ravens to win, and the only reason you won was the Flacco fumble. I can't wait. Your team got the win and congrats. But last weeks performance, even with Ben coming back, shows you guys are not as good as you think you are. We'll see.... Later Squealers.... :drink:

steelfury02
12-03-2012, 09:08 AM
BS... You are not the team you think you are. Bring Ben back. We hopefully will see you in the playoffs. We'll see then who wins. The game was the Ravens to win, and the only reason you won was the Flacco fumble. I can't wait. Your team got the win and congrats. But last weeks performance, even with Ben coming back, shows you guys are not as good as you think you are. We'll see.... Later Squealers.... :drink:

sounds like a Ravens fan in denial - your team lost the bye last night - you might get your wish in the wild card round

steeltheone
12-03-2012, 09:14 AM
I've been a fan since the 70's too! I've seen the bad and the good, mostly good! I never, give up on this team and would never not watch a game, but I also call them as I see them, and I did not think we would win this game! I am so glad I was wrong! Go Steelers !

4xSBChamps
12-03-2012, 09:15 AM
BS... You are not the team you think you are.

but the Purple-Browns are the team we think they are
:wink02:

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 09:17 AM
sounds like a Ravens fan in denial - your team lost the bye last night - you might get your wish in the wild card round

Better check your facts. In Denial, I gave you credit for the win. Something Steelers fan whine and piss about but only a few ever do. And lost the bye, you are still (2) games under us. Eve with Benny back next week, I doubt you will make it. We'll see..

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 09:19 AM
but the Purple-Browns are the team we think they are
:wink02:

LOL and we'll see...

Whodis
12-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Im a fan, not a sheep. When this team underachieves I get pissed and I spend enough money on jerseys and tickets to feel like I have a right to be disappointed.

This defense has really come around! We miss A. Smith up from and I think Keisel is playing better then Ive ever seen him. However, a big part is that Allen has stepped into a secondary and made it better. I work in Baltimore and I can tell you that I didnt have a good feeling about this one.

Eat crow? Hell no because it just got the shit taste out of my mouth from the Oakland and Cleveland game!

Cant wait to get a healthy Ben back and I think he learned our lesson on trying to rush him back wen he's not %100.

steelerchad
12-03-2012, 09:21 AM

Why don't you put the shoe on the other foot and play both games with Tyrod Taylor and we'll play both with Ben. You think you split, 1-1? Seriously doubt it. And the drop off from Flacco to your backup isn't nearly the drop of losing a true franchise QB.

Get a clue. The Ravens just aren't that good this year. Much better team last year. The window was open last year and you missed it. Have fun rebuilding your defense, because it's garbage and getting worse.

fansince'76
12-03-2012, 10:21 AM
BS... You are not the team you think you are. Bring Ben back. We hopefully will see you in the playoffs. We'll see then who wins. The game was the Ravens to win, and the only reason you won was the Flacco fumble.. I can't wait.

Please. If a healthy Roethlisberger had played yesterday and 2 weeks ago, you would've gotten your asses kicked by at least 3 TDs both times. Personally, I can't wait to see a healthy Roethlisberger light that secondary up either.

steelfury02
12-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Please. If a healthy Roethlisberger had played yesterday and 2 weeks ago, you would've gotten your asses kicked by at least 3 TDs both times. Personally, I can't wait to see a healthy Roethlisberger light that secondary up either.

this cannot be said enough. You Ravens fans need to thank your special teams for you not getting swept this season by backups. If you think winning the division is guarantee of anything, we'll be the first to tell you that going 13-3, 12-4, or even 15-1 means shit. We've had plenty of seasons of "Yea, we'll win the division, but shit the bed in the AFC champ game again"

Anything less than a Super Bowl victory is utter failure. Do you know how many people would call Tomlin and co out for a gatorade shower after winning the division? Wear your AFC North Champs gear, then store it away.

Last night proved one thing - your team is undisciplined and IMO, will be worse off when Ray Lewis returns - your D will be that much softer

OX1947
12-03-2012, 03:41 PM
this cannot be said enough. You Ravens fans need to thank your special teams for you not getting swept this season by backups. If you think winning the division is guarantee of anything, we'll be the first to tell you that going 13-3, 12-4, or even 15-1 means shit. We've had plenty of seasons of "Yea, we'll win the division, but shit the bed in the AFC champ game again"

Anything less than a Super Bowl victory is utter failure. Do you know how many people would call Tomlin and co out for a gatorade shower after winning the division? Wear your AFC North Champs gear, then store it away.

Last night proved one thing - your team is undisciplined and IMO, will be worse off when Ray Lewis returns - your D will be that much softer

You only wear Division Championship and AFC Championship gear when you won the Super Bowl that year.

Hawaii 5-0
12-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Donít ever count the Steelers out

http://www.pittsburghsportingnews.com/wp-content/themes/sportedge-parent/thumb.php?src=http://www.pittsburghsportingnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Steelers.jpg&h=380&w=620&zc=1&q=100

Numerous times throughout the 2012 NFL season Steeler fans and national media pundits alike have had the pen and paper out, ready to write the eulogy for this yearís Pittsburgh Steelers. And every time they have, these Steelers have made them put it away. In Sundayís win over the Ravens was yet another example of this team being able to summon up a win when not many gave them a chance. Trailing most of the game, on the road against a team that hasnít lost at home in two years, with their third string quarterback, the Steelers managed to come from behind to shock the Ravens 23-20.

It isnít the first time the Steelers have gone on the road and come back from a double-digit deficit to win. They did it earlier in the season against Cincinnati, coming back from a 14-3 deficit to defeat the Bengals 24-17. Two weeks after that the Steelers fought back from a 20-10 fourth quarter deficit to beat the Giants 24-20. Itís truly amazing considering the Steelers have dropped games to the likes of Oakland, Tennessee, and of course, Cleveland, which now seems like a distant memory after quarterback Charlie Batchís performance on Sunday, in which he completed his final eight pass attempts to lead the Steelers to the game winning field goal.

The Steelers to this point in the season may not be a Super Bowl contender, and they may not even make the playoffs, but you have to admire the fight in this team and their ability to come up big when they need it the most. They will need their best over the next few weeks, with big games against Dallas, who are also fighting for a playoff spot, and a rematch with the Bengals which could decide who gets the last playoff spot in the AFC.

But with big names like Troy Polamalu and Antonio Brown back in the lineup, and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger returning this week, the Steelers may be setting themselves up for a successful stretch run. It definitely is a far cry from what we were saying about them last week at this time.

http://www.pittsburghsportingnews.com/dont-ever-count-the-steelers-out/