PDA

View Full Version : This picture says it all. No words.

Terminator
12-02-2012, 08:02 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1820989/steelerbros.gif

SoCalFan
12-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Was nice to see that! He deserves it!!!

SteelCurtain5643
12-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Batch is the man. I told all you Batch haters and half time and all you did was complain "put hoyer in the game, batch is crap". You gotta believe guys, I did. The guy played his heart out today. HUGE WIN. In honor my avatar is now Batch hell yes!

Edman
12-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Like tanda said, this team screams "Run" in them. I believe it. They just needed to get Ben back,but after what I saw today, Ben can rest as much as he can.

harrison'samonster
12-02-2012, 08:05 PM
so proud of Charlie!

BlaZeQuietly
12-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Its nice to see that it means so much to him, he didn't want to let us fans down, and he didn't. I'll be glad to see ben back though.

Lady Steel
12-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Such an emotional win for Charlie. I knew he could do it. I'm so very, very happy for him, and so proud to be a Steelers fan.

lipps83
12-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the win Charlie, enjoy it. You played a spectacular 2nd half.

Still though, I think the Steelers need to find another backup QB. No disrespect to Charlie. Great career but please allow us to bring some young talent to this team.

Ricco Suavez
12-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Did anyone notice Charlie in the huddle right before the two minute warning, he was giving the team an emotional talking, he had everyone's attention. I got goosebumps and rewound it so wife could watch.

Hawaii 5-0
12-02-2012, 08:15 PM
that was a touching moment, Charlie was full on crying he was so happy...

harrison'samonster
12-02-2012, 08:20 PM
between seeing that speech he was giving in the huddle and the block on the Dwyer td, Batch had a game to remember tonight.

4xSBChamps
12-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Did anyone notice Charlie in the huddle right before the two minute warning, he was giving the team an emotional talking, he had everyone's attention. I got goosebumps and rewound it so wife could watch.

it appeared Batch wasn't going to let this one slip-away

StainlessStill

Fantastic!

Lady Steel
it appeared Batch wasn't going to let this one slip-away

I agree. Batch was fired up!

BlaZeQuietly
12-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Batch out preformed Elite Flacco!

OX1947
12-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Anyone who hates Batch, has serious problems. Even after throwing 3 INTs last week. Charlie Batch has won the Steelers games in a lot of games and won a big one today. This loss will linger come playoff time for the Ravens. Joe Flacco has looked like a dung pile in both games against the steelers.

4xSBChamps
12-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Anyone who hates Batch, has serious problems.

win-or-lose, the man shows class, and has the respect of every player and coach on the sidelines

SteelersCanada
12-02-2012, 08:40 PM
I love how Scottie comes in there late and embraces the love between those two. They really are like a family in Pittsburgh.

Fire Arians
12-02-2012, 09:14 PM
was awesome, i felt charlie might have the game of his life before he retires. way to send him out guys!

steelfury02
12-02-2012, 09:44 PM
my wife and I had a little "Way to go Charlie" moment when watching that. Seeing a grown man be that passionate and showing what it meant to him was something special. That will go down as one of my favorite moments.

JeromeBetties63
12-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Batch running downfield to block for Dwyer says it all! Oldest non-kicker in the NFL. What a moment. What a game! That was just beautiful!

lardlad
12-02-2012, 09:49 PM

Did see that. Batch does have great presence.

AgentGold007
12-02-2012, 11:08 PM
My apologies to Mr. Batch. After he overthrew Wallace in the end zone, I admit that I was one of the a-hole's screaming "Charlie Sucks!" . I will gladly take a large slice of humble pie and give Mr. Batch his props. You can't measure heart, but Charlie's got a lot of it. :tt03:

BowCatShot
12-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the win Charlie, enjoy it. You played a spectacular 2nd half.

Still though, I think the Steelers need to find another backup QB. No disrespect to Charlie. Great career but please allow us to bring some young talent to this team.

I had recorded the game and just finished watching it. I thought Charlie played a very good first half too. What was all of the bitching about?

austinfrench76
12-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Good for him. Well deserved.

SteelerEmpire
12-02-2012, 11:34 PM

That's an indication of HEART ! I guess it gets a LOT deeper in that locker room than we are lead to believe

GMU Steeler
12-02-2012, 11:34 PM
How can any Steelers fan not like Batch? All accounts one of the good guys. Oh and he's a hometown guy. I love rooting for guys able to truly live out the dream and play for their hometown team. Nice game today Charlie and if this was indeed your last, I hope you remember it forever.

SteelBobbleHead
12-02-2012, 11:39 PM
I love how Scottie comes in there late and embraces the love between those two. They really are like a family in Pittsburgh.

Great moment but I was thinking "who is the idiot running in there at the end and jumping on Ben's right shoulder" :wink02:

6RingsAndCounting
12-02-2012, 11:55 PM
This game showed how much of a family and how team oriented these guys are. Charlie's leadership and emotion, and don't forget Pouncey sliding over to guard and playing tremendous.

steelerchad
12-02-2012, 11:58 PM
I had recorded the game and just finished watching it. I thought Charlie played a very good first half too. What was all of the bitching about?

Well. They didn't cover Wallace and there was nobody within 15 yards of him and Charlie overshot him by a lot. Got 3 instead of 7. Then Charlie threw a pick in the endzone late in the game. He did well, but he wasn't lights out or anything. And the Ravens D is relatively weak this year.

They are gonna get torched the next 4 weeks. They run up against 4 teams who can run and throw the ball well.

Skins
Broncos
Giants
Bengals

BmoreStyles
12-03-2012, 12:11 AM
With all do respect... And I really do mean that, and you guys handed us our ass and I'm not surprised at all that you won because we all know we're not as good as our record suggests... But you guys make fun of us for gatorade baths after winning, yet your players are crying and not one word is said? If we did this, you would remind us of it for years and years.

Some objectivity and consistency, please.

tony hipchest
12-03-2012, 12:24 AM
With all do respect... And I really do mean that, and you guys handed us our ass and I'm not surprised at all that you won because we all know we're not as good as our record suggests... But you guys make fun of us for gatorade baths after winning, yet your players are crying and not one word is said? If we did this, you would remind us of it for years and years.

i didnt see any of our players crying and ray fucking lewis does the victory tear tour at every single game.

please.

he practically blew ed reed on the sideline after his interception, french kissing his helmet like a 2-bit-hoe.

SteelCurtain5643
12-03-2012, 12:24 AM

How about Ravens SUCK for consistency. Go back to your own board if you dont like it and quit whining.

6RingsAndCounting
12-03-2012, 12:25 AM

It was more than likely Charlie Batch's last game of his career. His whole career had to be running through his mind, that's a little bit different than a lame ass gatorade bath that is supposed to happen after big wins.. But I guess when you never get past the AFC championship game big wins aren't experienced.

GMU Steeler
12-03-2012, 12:28 AM

Uh dude this was probably Batch's last game as a pro. And yes we make fun of the gatorade bath and I will continue to do so. You know why? Because you guys acted like a team who has never won before when you're a perennially successful team. That's why Harbaugh looked like a clown getting a gatorade bath there.

BmoreStyles
12-03-2012, 12:47 AM
Uh dude this was probably Batch's last game as a pro. And yes we make fun of the gatorade bath and I will continue to do so. You know why? Because you guys acted like a team who has never won before when you're a perennially successful team. That's why Harbaugh looked like a clown getting a gatorade bath there.

I'm not here to troll or talk trash, and you can justify the tears anyway you'd like, but I'm just simply pointing out the double standard. Regardless of the reason behind it, if any Ravens players would cry after beating the Steelers you guys would never let us live it down. It's pathetic, just like the gatorade bath.

I'm just saying, you guys like to think that the Steelers are of a different standard... But you're not at all. We do gatorade baths after our first win in awhile against you guys, while you guys cry after beating us for the first time in awhile. Justify it any way you'd like, I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy.

Congrats on the win. I love the rivalry as much as anyone, which also means that I love the Steelers in some crude way. Here's to hoping we all get treated to Round 3 :drink:

GMU Steeler
12-03-2012, 12:53 AM
I'm not here to troll or talk trash, and you can justify the tears anyway you'd like, but I'm just simply pointing out the double standard. Regardless of the reason behind it, if any Ravens players would cry after beating the Steelers you guys would never let us live it down. It's pathetic, just like the gatorade bath.

I'm just saying, you guys like to think that the Steelers are of a different standard... But you're not at all. We do gatorade baths after our first win in awhile against you guys, while you guys cry after beating us for the first time in awhile. Justify it any way you'd like, I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy.

Congrats on the win. I love the rivalry as much as anyone, which also means that I love the Steelers in some crude way. Here's to hoping we all get treated to Round 3 :drink:

If said Raven was someone playing his last game and from the Baltimore area, I'd actually understand. Sorry but the gatorade bath and Batch crying are apples and oranges. There's nothing hypocritical about it and I don't think the Steelers have a different standard. And yeah it was your first win against us in a while. The reason I think it's stupid is actually because I respect you guys. You guys aren't some team that struggles to make 500 every year. You're in the hunt more often than not and when I saw that, I thought it was pretty lame because frankly and this pains me saying this about the Ravens because I hate them but you're better than that. It's an awesome rivalry but if the Steelers had given Tomlin or Cowher a gatorade bath after beating you guys or New England in a regular season game, I'd think the same thing. I can understand Batch crying because it's his last game as a pro. When Ray Lewis and Ed Reed inevitably have their last game and get emotional, I'll understand it. But I will never understand a regular season gatorade bath ever and I don't think the two are comparable.

teegre

Charlie was lamb-basted all week long. He lost to effing CLEV... and he took that personally. People were not just calling him "old" (it was a lot, lot worse). Then, he wins this game... and he let the emotions flow.

It was genuine emotion.... not some pre-planned event (such as dumping Gatorade).

There is a huge difference. Apple & oranges.

That said, thank you for your rational post. So few of them come from Ravens fans.

tony hipchest
I'm not here to troll or talk trash, and you can justify the tears anyway you'd like, but I'm just simply pointing out the double standard. :

what tears are you talking about? :blah:

rovkOb1TYOk

charlies eyes were as dry as a ravenfans joke after he embraced ben.

but i get it.

you guys were robbed of your gatorade bath, and now wanna bask in batch's supposed tears. :toofunny:

you just keep on pointing out the supposed "double standard" and we will keep pointing out why, for the most part, we think the ravens and their fans are pathetic.

"justify the tears" :rofl:

teegre
12-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Sorry but the gatorade bath and Batch crying are apples and oranges.

I was just typing the exact same thing. :wink02:

BmoreStyles
12-03-2012, 12:59 AM
If said Raven was someone playing his last game and from the Baltimore area, I'd actually understand. Sorry but the gatorade bath and Batch crying are apples and oranges. There's nothing hypocritical about it and I don't think the Steelers have a different standard. And yeah it was your first win against us in a while. The reason I think it's stupid is actually because I respect you guys. You guys aren't some team that struggles to make 500 every year. You're in the hunt more often than not and when I saw that, I thought it was pretty lame because frankly and this pains me saying this about the Ravens because I hate them but you're better than that. It's an awesome rivalry but if the Steelers had given Tomlin or Cowher a gatorade bath after beating you guys or New England in a regular season game, I'd think the same thing. I can understand Batch crying because it's his last game as a pro. When Ray Lewis and Ed Reed inevitably have their last game and get emotional, I'll understand it. But I will never understand a regular season gatorade bath ever and I don't think the two are comparable.

I can't defend the gatorade bath, I'm embarrassed by it, like most of our fans are. However, there's no guarantee that this is Batch's last start at all. It's quite possibly close to a coin flip for next week. If he wins next week will he cry again? No, because it wasn't against the Ravens. I feel like you're reaching to justify it, but if rolls were reversed I'd be playing the same card you are.

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Ben's going to play next week.

GMU Steeler
12-03-2012, 01:06 AM
I can't defend the gatorade bath, I'm embarrassed by it, like most of our fans are. However, there's no guarantee that this is Batch's last start at all. It's quite possibly close to a coin flip for next week. If he wins next week will he cry again? No, because it wasn't against the Ravens. I feel like you're reaching to justify it, but if rolls were reversed I'd be playing the same card you are.

Fair enough, we don't know if it's his last start or game for sure but I don't think I'm reaching at all here. I just don't think you can compare the Gatorade bath to this. I really don't and that's my honest observation. You can claim that this is a double standard all you like and that's your right but don't assume that just because I'm a Steelers fan, I'm incapable of overcoming predisposed biases against a rival.

Terminator
12-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Is this really what Ravens fans are reduced to right now? Giving a man shit because he got emotional after a very big win where every person on Earth doubted him? Really?

BmoreStyles
12-03-2012, 01:09 AM
what tears are you talking about? :blah:

rovkOb1TYOk

charlies eyes were as dry as a ravenfans joke after he embraced ben.

but i get it.

you guys were robbed of your gatorade bath, and now wanna bask in batch's supposed tears. :toofunny:

you just keep on pointing out the supposed "double standard" and we will keep pointing out why, for the most part, we think the ravens and their fans are pathetic.

"justify the tears" :rofl:

I'm guessing this Tony character is your guys' own local troll?

Congrats on the win, big guy! You take this stuff very seriously, I see. You're about to have the best week of your year because the Steelers beat the Ravens. Nice. I'm jealous.:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
12-03-2012, 01:14 AM
I can't defend the gatorade bath, I'm embarrassed by it, like most of our fans are. However, there's no guarantee that this is Batch's last start at all. It's quite possibly close to a coin flip for next week. If he wins next week will he cry again? No, because it wasn't against the Ravens. I feel like you're reaching to justify it, but if rolls were reversed I'd be playing the same card you are.you should be embarrassed desperately seeking a moral victory in todays loss.

the ravens have been owned 2X this year by an armless byron leftwich AND charlie batch. :laughing:

flacco has been outplayed by both. but thats great he outplayed tom brady that one time in a playoff LOSS. i bet him and harbaugh take gatorade baths every night with their rubber ducky jacking off to that one.

The Curtain's Crusader
12-03-2012, 01:14 AM

An old veteran QB getting a big win for his team and letting his emotions out is in the same ballpark as a Gatorade bath? These two things don't seem the same to me.

Gatorade bath celebration is kind of childish, isn't it?

Batch having his emotions come out isn't exactly a show like the bath is.

EDIT: After reading further, obviously this is the consensus. And like someone else said, I wouldn't laugh at a guy like Batch playing one of his final games and getting a big win, even if it was for the Ratbirds.

tony hipchest
12-03-2012, 01:22 AM
Congrats on the win, big guy! You take this stuff very seriously, I see. You're about to have the best week of your year because the Steelers beat the Ravens. Nice. I'm jealous.:thumbsup:

no gatorade baths here, champ!

that stuff is reserved for fans of expansion teams like baltimore, jacksonville, carolina, etc.

you see... as a steelerfan, i have actually celebrated AFCC game and SB victorys many times in my lifetime.

(your moral victory shower is kinda sorta starting to suck now, isnt it?) :sofunny:

BmoreStyles
12-03-2012, 01:46 AM
An old veteran QB getting a big win for his team and letting his emotions out is in the same ballpark as a Gatorade bath? These two things don't seem the same to me.

Gatorade bath celebration is kind of childish, isn't it?

Batch having his emotions come out isn't exactly a show like the bath is.

EDIT: After reading further, obviously this is the consensus. And like someone else said, I wouldn't laugh at a guy like Batch playing one of his final games and getting a big win, even if it was for the Ratbirds.

Gatoraide baths are childish the same way that crying after a regular season win is overly sentimental. If Batch were to start next week and win, you and I both know he's not going to cry... Why not? Because it's not against the Ravens.

We're beating a dead horse at this point. We'll agree to disagree.

Hope to see you guys in the playoffs!!! Tebow's not starting this year so you guys should have a pretty easy path to us.:chuckle: Only kidding.

Enjoy the win. No doubt we'll see you again.
:drink:

The Curtain's Crusader
12-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Gatoraide baths are childish the same way that crying after a regular season win is overly sentimental. If Batch were to start next week and win, you and I both know he's not going to cry... Why not? Because it's not against the Ravens.

We're beating a dead horse at this point. We'll agree to disagree.

Hope to see you guys in the playoffs!!! Tebow's not starting this year so you guys should have a pretty easy path to us.:chuckle: Only kidding.

Enjoy the win. No doubt we'll see you again.

He may not cry next week, but it's also not going to be in the same situation as this weeks game was. And I don't think it's ONLY because it was against you. A terrible game the week before, needing a win pretty badly and managing to get it done. All added to the fact it could possibly be his final start.

Still not apples to apples either way, but whatever. And like I said, I'm not gonna rag on a guy for "letting it out" in a situation like the one Batch was in, even if he is a Raven.

See you in the playoffs...I hope.

P.S. Sometimes I like to beat dead horses.

SteelersCanada
12-03-2012, 02:08 AM
Gatoraide baths are childish the same way that crying after a regular season win is overly sentimental. If Batch were to start next week and win, you and I both know he's not going to cry... Why not? Because it's not against the Ravens

Not only is this insensitive but it's completely ignorant. Batch was emotional because it was 15 years of football memories compounded into a single game and kick. It was 15 years of ups and downs - including bankruptcy and his dog dying of cancer last week - made in a single game. A game in which no one even gave the Steelers a hope of winning and Batch did the unthinkable and brought them back from a double digit point defecit and won. 15 years of football into one game. That was why he got emotional, and it was probably his last appearance in an NFL game which only added to his emotions after that Canuck bastard hit the FG.

Ravens fans think that they have enough of an impact to make someone that emotional. Get over yourselves - talk about arrogance.

Kanata-Steeler
12-03-2012, 03:14 AM
Not only is this insensitive but it's completely ignorant. Batch was emotional because it was 15 years of football memories compounded into a single game and kick. It was 15 years of ups and downs - including bankruptcy and his dog dying of cancer last week - made in a single game. A game in which no one even gave the Steelers a hope of winning and Batch did the unthinkable and brought them back from a double digit point defecit and won. 15 years of football into one game. That was why he got emotional, and it was probably his last appearance in an NFL game which only added to his emotions after that Canuck bastard hit the FG.

Ravens fans think that they have enough of an impact to make someone that emotional. Get over yourselves - talk about arrogance.

Thankyou, that was beautifully put.

Cheers.

JeromeBetties63
12-03-2012, 07:26 PM

You're just wrong. :doh:

lardlad
12-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Super happy for Chuckles after the absolute beating he took last week. He deserved a win. I have to say though was a bit embarrassing. I immediately thought of the Gatorade bath last year when they beat us.

To be honest I was a little choked up for Chuckles, don't want to take anything from him, but it'll be hard to mention the Gatorade baths now. All rats fans have to say in retaliation is this game.

Oh well, big win. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy too.

Twentyvalve
12-03-2012, 07:35 PM
That is a million times more special than a Gatorade bath. That is very moving.

Additionally, this is one man's emotions and not a team celebration. It was his moment, not the fans, not the coaches, it was his and his alone. This was not a celebration. It was a sincere and powerful expression of emotion. He earned it.

that was a touching moment, Charlie was full on crying he was so happy...

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Do any of you guys know this is an emotional game? Not only is this Chuck's last season, he took a putrid loss all on his shoulders and shouldered the people of his hometown making fun of him and telling him he needs to be ousted and to be never heard from again.

He's been on the brink of losing his backup job and his roster spot for YEARS now and realizes this was his last football game as a starter in not only the NFL, but as a player that stretch's out the ENTIRE duration of his life.

The Ratbirds showered Harbaugh as a FUCK YOU to the Steelers on their homefield as a WHOLE TEAM standpoint. Ben and Charlie shared a moment for a guy nearing the end of his career.

Have some compassion, guys. Chucks is riding off into the sunset after a glorious career coming off his worst game as a pro one week earlier. Hell, I cried in my last high school game because the competitive nature is what you'll miss. The performance of his last game as a starter will live with him forever and it's nice to see that from a player in now a selfish leauge!

nj1923steelgirl
12-03-2012, 07:47 PM
When I saw that yesterday I was emotional......

Ricco Suavez
12-03-2012, 07:54 PM
There are big wins during the course of a season. Steelers hobbled by injuries in nearly every aspect of the team, OL, QB, WR, FB, RB, DB, and LBers, not to mention quality backups to those positions. Playing for our playoff lives and coming off two losses to division opponents, a game marred by 8 turnovers. The team goes into a bitter division opponent, one who circles the calendar when the schedule is announced, and that team beats them when basically no one outside of the locker room gives them a chance in hell. Batch or Ben, who knows seeks out the other and share a team mate moment, a moment only those two can understand being QBs and sharing the blame and glory for each loss or victory. Batch knowing this could very well be his last hurrah, Ben knowing playoff chances are precious both knew the importance of this game. Only a Raven fan or hater would try to downgrade this moment. This was a spontaneous and once a season or less moment, unlike Ray's coregraphed piece of crap fire up dance that he does EVERY freaking game. Like someone said he tried to french kiss Reed through his face mask after Reed's int. Apple to Oranges, oh, green eyed friend.

Hawaii 5-0
12-03-2012, 08:22 PM
When I saw that yesterday I was emotional......

me too, I was very very happy for Charlie...:tt02: