LenWhale White-08 regular season. Result- SuperBowl
Little Ray Rice-?

You'd think they'd learn.

stb_steeler
12-02-2012, 08:37 PM
its true... :hatsoff:

ZoneBlitzer
12-02-2012, 08:39 PM
OMG. yes, that explains it - of course. I forgot.

steelfury02
12-02-2012, 09:55 PM
"buh, buh I was just taking it to hang up cause I can say I played the Pittsburgh Steelers"

Bullshit. Anyone who was at the game saw you and Ed Reed wiping sweat with it and rubbing that fact in to the fans as you went towards the tunnel. They might have been more subtle about how they disrespected it cause theyre pussies - but it is disrespecting no less

Terminator
12-02-2012, 09:56 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/74277_2561058603458_2105948210_n.jpg

BlaZeQuietly
12-02-2012, 09:57 PM
So glad we won today. If the ravens were 10-2 right now I don't think I'd handle it very well.

tanda10506
12-03-2012, 02:29 AM
We just beat Baltimore with Woodley out, Polamalu playing half ass, Ike hurt mid game, a 3rd string RT, and our Center playing Guard...and we did it IN THEIR HOUSE! Baltimore has a VERY good home record and considered "Elite" by so many....I'm really starting to believe that the curse is real, no joke. I'm not a bit supersticious but there's something to it. Forget about the SB in 05, look what happened to TJ's career after 05. And the Titans haven't been shit since stomping the towel...this shit is real lol.

dez09231
12-03-2012, 02:44 AM
^Nah, there is no real "curse"... it's just hard to beat us twice in the same year, especially in big games against pretenders. Titans aren't shit. Ravens aren't shit. Bengals....lololol....

Deserei90
12-03-2012, 04:16 AM
Well, Myron Cope did once say that the 'Terrible Towel was poised to strike' I don't know, I'm not much of a superstitious person either, but I do have beliefs that their is something to the Terrible Towel. It's too much of a coincidence that everyone that has messed with it ended losing or never been the same. I say It's much like the Madden curse in my opinion.

steelerchad
12-03-2012, 09:32 AM
We just beat Baltimore with Woodley out, Polamalu playing half ass, Ike hurt mid game, a 3rd string RT, and our Center playing Guard...and we did it IN THEIR HOUSE! Baltimore has a VERY good home record and considered "Elite" by so many....I'm really starting to believe that the curse is real, no joke. I'm not a bit supersticious but there's something to it. Forget about the SB in 05, look what happened to TJ's career after 05. And the Titans haven't been shit since stomping the towel...this shit is real lol.

Actually, Lendale White was having quite the year in 08. He and Chris Johnson were being called Smash and Dash or something like that. Titans solidified the #1 seed that day that he and Keith Bullock stomped the towel. Then they went out and lost to the #6 seed in their first playoff game. Lendale and Bullock both out of football quickly thereafter.

If Ray Rice goes down with a season ending injury, this year or next, I may start to believe too.

jtbsteeler
12-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Bump

Fire Arians
12-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Don't disrespect the towel.

TJ Whos ya mama-05 regular season. Result- SuperBowl
LenWhale White-08 regular season. Result- SuperBowl
Little Ray Rice-?

You'd think they'd learn.

also the cardinals mascot wiping his pits with the towel = lost to us in the sb

steelfury02
12-03-2012, 02:11 PM
also the cardinals mascot wiping his pits with the towel = lost to us in the sb

yup - if anything they need to start appeasing it, praying to it

VTsteel
12-03-2012, 10:12 PM
The ratbirds have already experienced the curse before . . .

Before the September 29, 2008, Steelers game at Heinz Field, Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Derrick Mason stomped on a Terrible Towel. The Ravens then went on to lose all three of their 2008 season games against the Steelers, including the 2008 AFC Championship Game.

"I did not see the Terrible Towel as witchcraft to hex the enemy. It would be a positive force, driving the Steelers to superhuman performance, but if it experienced a yen for mischief and created fatal mistakes by opponents, I would tolerate that."

—Myron Cope

austinfrench76
12-04-2012, 12:10 AM
YES!!!!!!! It definitely exist...!!!!!!!!!!!

Hawaii 5-0
12-04-2012, 01:09 AM
YES!!!!!!! It definitely exist...!!!!!!!!!!!

torn biceps for Suggs...

Millers the sh!t
12-04-2012, 05:02 AM
Well, Myron Cope did once say that the 'Terrible Towel was poised to strike' I don't know, I'm not much of a superstitious person either, but I do have beliefs that their is something to the Terrible Towel. It's too much of a coincidence that everyone that has messed with it ended losing or never been the same. I say It's much like the Madden curse in my opinion.

Next year they should put the towel on the cover of Madden..... There will be a giant power struggle between the curses and people WILL DIE in the process........

Deserei90
12-04-2012, 05:12 AM
Next year they should put the towel on the cover of Madden..... There will be a giant power struggle between the curses and people WILL DIE in the process........Woah, let's not go that far now, lol.

jtbsteeler
12-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Bump. To the Ravens fans who see this, we told you so... The worst is yet to come.

terpsnation
12-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Haha. I love these threads - you guys and your witchcraft voodoo stuff, never ceases to amaze me.

But alas, the chances of us actually playing again this year are relatively slim. The most likely matchup would be in the AFCCG - and I have a feeling neither of our teams will be making it that far :)

kent
12-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Bump. To the Ravens fans who see this, we told you so... The worst is yet to come.

I know Steeler nation may be throwing in the "towel" right now due to the bad loss
sunday but if we get in the playoffs we will get the ratbirds first round. A win over them in the playoffs will continue the terrible towel curse and make up for all the bad losses this season.

Fire Arians
12-11-2012, 12:51 PM
if we knock the ravens out of the playoffs, i don't care what happens after that, super bowl or no it was a good season :)

terpsnation
12-11-2012, 12:52 PM
if we knock the ravens out of the playoffs, i don't care what happens after that, super bowl or no it was a good season :)

I don't wanna!

steelfury02
12-11-2012, 01:14 PM
I don't wanna!

ruh?

Yea, and at this rate - they'll be thinking they won the Super Bowl - the way this team drops off in desire after a big win. Way too much satisfaction on this team.

terpsnation
12-11-2012, 01:28 PM
ruh?

Yea, and at this rate - they'll be thinking they won the Super Bowl - the way this team drops off in desire after a big win. Way too much satisfaction on this team.

To be honest, you'd think you guys had won the Super Bowl after beating us last week... Perhaps the team had the same mindset?

Big win = big emotion. Sometimes it can be hard to keep up that level of emotion in the game afterwards.

jtbsteeler
12-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Haha. I love these threads - you guys and your witchcraft voodoo stuff, never ceases to amaze me.

But alas, the chances of us actually playing again this year are relatively slim. The most likely matchup would be in the AFCCG - and I have a feeling neither of our teams will be making it that far :)

One game at a time. The Ravens are "CURSED".
:tt03::tt03::tt03:

jtbsteeler
12-11-2012, 01:31 PM
To be honest, you'd think you guys had won the Super Bowl after beating us last week... Perhaps the team had the same mindset?

Big win = big emotion. Sometimes it can be hard to keep up that level of emotion in the game afterwards.

The Steelers have a fresh memory of a Super Bowl win, hell even a Super Bowl appearance. The Steelers and their fans know what it feels like and beating the "Can't get right" Ratbirds ain't it.

terpsnation
12-11-2012, 01:53 PM
The Steelers have a fresh memory of a Super Bowl win, hell even a Super Bowl appearance. The Steelers and their fans know what it feels like and beating the "Can't get right" Ratbirds ain't it.

Haha. Perhaps, but it didn't look like it on Sunday.

JeromeBetties63
12-11-2012, 04:32 PM

Nice try, Mr. Fan of Regular Season Gatorade Bath Team. But wrong as always.

steelfury02
12-11-2012, 04:44 PM

That is the most legendary name ever.

kent
12-11-2012, 04:45 PM

My thoughts exactly

terpsnation
12-12-2012, 08:49 AM

I'm sure we're the only team ever to give our coach a gatorade bath during the regular season ever, right?

I'm not a fan of it, and was kind of annoyed when they did it the second time, but frankly, who cares? It's like you guys use it for fap material or something.

SteelCityMom
12-12-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm sure we're the only team ever to give our coach a gatorade bath during the regular season ever, right?

In professional football? Yes...they are. Or at the very least, the only team to do it when no division or playoff berth has been clinched. I guess there's a slight chance that some bottom feeder team that has never won anything or clinched a division before has done this in some dusty recess of NFL history.

I'm not a fan of it, and was kind of annoyed when they did it the second time, but frankly, who cares? It's like you guys use it for fap material or something.

Then don't bring up how the fans and players celebrated after beating the Ravens when you know full well that your team made giant jackasses out of themselves (twice) last season by giving Harbaugh golden gatorade showers.

But hey...no one should be surprised, they do it in preseason too apparently.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/08/jim_zorns_postgame_gatorade_sh.html

terpsnation
12-12-2012, 10:16 AM
In professional football? Yes...they are. Or at the very least, the only team to do it when no division or playoff berth has been clinched. I guess there's a slight chance that some bottom feeder team that has never won anything or clinched a division before has done this in some dusty recess of NFL history.

Then don't bring up how the fans and players celebrated after beating the Ravens when you know full well that your team made giant jackasses out of themselves (twice) last season by giving Harbaugh golden gatorade showers.

But hey...no one should be surprised, they do it in preseason too apparently.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/08/jim_zorns_postgame_gatorade_sh.html

We were discussion emotion after the game and leading into how you play the next week. Not gatorade baths.

I wasn't making any snarky comment on how the Steelers reacted to last weeks win. It was definitely a big win. Only that your team was obviously on an emotional high after the win and then came out the next week and got dominated by a team that everyone thought you were going to beat.

SteelCityMom
12-12-2012, 10:50 AM
We were discussion emotion after the game and leading into how you play the next week. Not gatorade baths.

I wasn't making any snarky comment on how the Steelers reacted to last weeks win. It was definitely a big win. Only that your team was obviously on an emotional high after the win and then came out the next week and got dominated by a team that everyone thought you were going to beat.

No, I understood the point you ended up making....but you had this to say first.

To be honest, you'd think you guys had won the Super Bowl after beating us last week...

Ravens fans really have no place to talk in that regard lol.

steelfury02
12-12-2012, 10:56 AM
No, I understood the point you ended up making....but you had this to say first.

really, neither Ravens or Steelers fans have much to brag about right now. Who knows Terps, we could beat you again in the playoffs, and with the lack of discipline this team has, do the same thing all over again and not show up the following week.

terpsnation
12-12-2012, 11:07 AM

Sorry - that was regarding the reaction in this forum - I should have been more specific. And frankly, if you look at the jubilation on the boards, it was insane.

really, neither Ravens or Steelers fans have much to brag about right now. Who knows Terps, we could beat you again in the playoffs, and with the lack of discipline this team has, do the same thing all over again and not show up the following week.

100% agree. I don't really think either of our teams has a chance in the playoffs currently. But you never know, it's all about who gets hot at the right time. We're both suffering from a ton of injuries (with many players that won't return at all this season), so the ability to "get hot" is diminished, but still there nonetheless.

jtbsteeler
12-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Sorry - that was regarding the reaction in this forum - I should have been more specific. And frankly, if you look at the jubilation on the boards, it was insane.

100% agree. I don't really think either of our teams has a chance in the playoffs currently. But you never know, it's all about who gets hot at the right time. We're both suffering from a ton of injuries (with many players that won't return at all this season), so the ability to "get hot" is diminished, but still there nonetheless.

That came from the fact that alot of us didn't expect Batch to play that way and for us to come out with a win in Bmore. And the fact that Batch played horribly the week before and that win will go down in history as the "3rd string old geezer beat you" game.

More salt in the wound. That's what I enjoy the most :tt03::tt03::tt03:

terpsnation
12-13-2012, 09:01 AM
That came from the fact that alot of us didn't expect Batch to play that way and for us to come out with a win in Bmore. And the fact that Batch played horribly the week before and that win will go down in history as the "3rd string old geezer beat you" game.

More salt in the wound. That's what I enjoy the most :tt03::tt03::tt03:

I think that's a very apt name for that game - lol. Alas - more to add to the rivalry I suppose. The fact that some people don't consider our rivalry the best in the NFL continues to confound me.

steelerchad
12-13-2012, 09:24 AM
I think that's a very apt name for that game - lol. Alas - more to add to the rivalry I suppose. The fact that some people don't consider our rivalry the best in the NFL continues to confound me.

I agree, it is the best rivalry in football.
Pittsburgh's gotten the better of it, but it's been more even recently. The real difference to this rivalry is the fact that the Steelers have won all of the truly big games. The Ravens haven't been able to win in the playoffs or even in a late season division clinching situation against the Steelers.

The best part of this rivalry is that both teams are 1-2 in the division almost every year and are usually in the playoff mix until the last week of the season. There's always something on the line in these games.

Packers-Bears is probably #2 IMO. I know Dallas-Skins folks say theirs is best, but both teams have been invisible in the playoffs for most of the last 15 years.

steelfury02
12-13-2012, 09:25 AM

yea, I'm getting a little sick of hearing how great the NFC East rivalries are. When the Broncos played the Raiders, Manning was talking about the great AFC West rivalries. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

IMO, at least in the past 5 seasons, no rivalry has had as much on the line as our games have. Whether it be division, playoff advancement, or to go to the SB. Not too many teams have playoff rematches like every other season

terpsnation
12-13-2012, 09:47 AM
I agree, it is the best rivalry in football.
Pittsburgh's gotten the better of it, but it's been more even recently. The real difference to this rivalry is the fact that the Steelers have won all of the truly big games. The Ravens haven't been able to win in the playoffs or even in a late season division clinching situation against the Steelers.

The best part of this rivalry is that both teams are 1-2 in the division almost every year and are usually in the playoff mix until the last week of the season. There's always something on the line in these games.

Packers-Bears is probably #2 IMO. I know Dallas-Skins folks say theirs is best, but both teams have been invisible in the playoffs for most of the last 15 years.

yea, I'm getting a little sick of hearing how great the NFC East rivalries are. When the Broncos played the Raiders, Manning was talking about the great AFC West rivalries. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

IMO, at least in the past 5 seasons, no rivalry has had as much on the line as our games have. Whether it be division, playoff advancement, or to go to the SB. Not too many teams have playoff rematches like every other season

Today, December 13th, 2012 -- a date which will live in infamy -- three fans from opposing sides came together to agree on a matter of great importance...

Marking this one down in my calendar.

steelfury02
12-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Today, December 13th, 2012 -- a date which will live in infamy -- three fans from opposing sides came together to agree on a matter of great importance...

Marking this one down in my calendar.

haha - yes, we are allies - FOR NOW. HEHEHAAAAAA
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d1/HoodedClaw.JPG/220px-HoodedClaw.JPG