PDA

View Full Version : Where Was Plaxico?

frunko1
12-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Great win obviously. But was curious where Plaxico was during the game?

I thought with Sanders falling apart, and Wallace's recent performance's Plax would have gotten more playing time, especially in the redzone.

Did I miss something that happened this week (injury, etc?).

Just curious, I like seeing him on the field when we in the Redzone.

SteelCurtain5643
12-02-2012, 08:52 PM
He came in quick when Sanders got hurt briefly

harrison'samonster
12-02-2012, 08:55 PM
I would guess that he's not in great shape at this point. Hopefully they keep him around and he gets the hang of things. I think he's still got some plays left in him, it just might take a few more weeks to get into it. he's looked pretty awkward on the field so far.

SteelersCanada
12-02-2012, 08:56 PM
We had Sanders, Wallace and Brown up. He wasn't really necessary.

While there's definitely an argument to be made about having him in the redzone, Haley thought having three young, fast and quick guys was more of an advantage than having Burress in the game. When all three of those guys are up, though, it's tough to put Burress in over them.

TRH
12-02-2012, 09:07 PM
I would guess that he's not in great shape at this point. Hopefully they keep him around and he gets the hang of things. I think he's still got some plays left in him, it just might take a few more weeks to get into it. he's looked pretty awkward on the field so far.

according to the ESPN crew, Plaxico is in fantastic, ripped condition, actually.

Bayz101
12-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Plaxico is in better shape than the average wide receiver, even at his age, actually. We signed him to account for the loss of Cotchery, who only seen a little time in Brown's absence. With Brown back, Plaxico's role is similar to that of Cotch. We simply decided the younger, speedy receivers, with a big target such as Heath, was the way to go tonight.

Fire Arians
12-02-2012, 09:20 PM
too bad manny sanders fumbled the ball, he woulda took that one to the house. tried to run with it before securing it all the way, that was a fluke. he'll get the next one

btaylor179
12-02-2012, 09:22 PM
sanders needs to tighten up he can be better than stone hands wallace

Fire Arians
12-02-2012, 09:23 PM
sanders needs to tighten up he can be better than stone hands wallace

he will, that kid has it. he will get better with more reps, that was one of those situations where he saw the daylight and got too excited. will happen less the more he's given opportunities

lipps83
12-02-2012, 09:36 PM
he will, that kid has it. he will get better with more reps, that was one of those situations where he saw the daylight and got too excited. will happen less the more he's given opportunities

I agree. How long is he signed for?

BlaZeQuietly
12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Yeah I've always liked Sanders, he made a huge mistake tonight but thats going to happen from time to time, at least he can usually catch the ball, in my opinion him and Wallace are in competition for the #2 spot. Brown has by far been the most impressive and consistent of them all but sanders reminds me a lot of brown and I have a feeling sanders will only get better. As someone else asked, how long is he signed for? id love to see us keep both him and brown around for a few years,

austinfrench76
12-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Yeah, he replaced Cotchery and he was never really on the field when everyone was healthy either. Can't wait till were healthy!

Fire Arians
12-02-2012, 09:48 PM
I agree. How long is he signed for?

i believe he's a FA next year but I think we will sign him back without a doubt. big mistake if we don't.