PDA

View Full Version : Nice Win Next Up San Diego

BlaZeQuietly
12-02-2012, 08:21 PM
The chargers don't worry me very much, they are really struggling this year, they are worse than mediocre and they are not the type of team that could upset us like the browns. The chargers are one of the worst teams in the NFL and can not protect a lead. No matter who starts next week I think we will get away with a victory. As much as I like Norv Turner it's time for him to go, maybe we can give him a boost out the door. I really hope Ben is back by then so we can make a statement game that were ready for the play offs. :thumbsup:

Fire Arians
12-02-2012, 08:22 PM
pound the rock, their D has always been soft against the run

btaylor179
12-02-2012, 08:23 PM
now now we lost to raiders, titans and browns.....no such thing as sure win

BlaZeQuietly
12-02-2012, 08:34 PM
now now we lost to raiders, titans and browns.....no such thing as sure win If we have Ben back we will win. the Raiders Titans and Browns are all better than the chargers, the match ups favor us heavily in the upcoming game.

steelfury02
12-02-2012, 08:41 PM
is Ben "less sore" now heading into this week? Is it a sure thing that he'll be back?

BlaZeQuietly
12-02-2012, 08:49 PM
I thought they would rush him back for this game, thankfully they didn't and I think the way Batch played, if theres any doubt that Ben's ready for next week then we will put Batch back on the field again. This race with the bengles is pretty tight though, don't wanna take any chances on letting them get a leg up on us.

Fire Arians
12-02-2012, 08:58 PM
we still have to keep winning, the bengals are still tied with us.

emotional win today, hope that doesn't lead to a letdown next week, can't overlook any team! with that said I feel good about a win over the chargers in our house. defense is clicking, all we need is the offense not to lose the game

DevinX43
12-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Gonna have to do it without Ike
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/02/ike-taylor-has-fibula-injury-could-be-significant/

BlaZeQuietly
12-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Ike's been playing good lately, that sucks

lipps83
12-02-2012, 09:31 PM
If we have Ben back we will win. the Raiders Titans and Browns are all better than the chargers, the match ups favor us heavily in the upcoming game.

Interesting.

The match-ups favored us too before we play the Raiders and Titans.

GMU Steeler
12-02-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm just glad that game's in Pittsburgh and not in San Diego. I feel confident about it but nothing's a sure thing.

LVSteelersfan
12-02-2012, 09:47 PM
The game that worries me is Dallas. They have enough guns to shoot us down if the Steelers play like they have on the road. They seem to sleepwalk through the first half in almost every away game this year. I hope not, but that game could easily railroad us.

StainlessStill
12-02-2012, 09:54 PM
I'll worry about S.D in a day or two. Right now, I'm enjoying the absolute living SHIT out of this win that NOBODY gave us a shot at winning.

SteelerEmpire
12-02-2012, 09:59 PM
I'll worry about S.D in a day or two. Right now, I'm enjoying the absolute living SHIT out of this win that NOBODY gave us a shot at winning.

:thumbsup:

teegre
12-03-2012, 12:05 AM
SD has the weapons to dismantle anyone (look at the way that they thrashed the Ravens last season). Also, Norv & Rivers are great in December.

BUT, Rivers has been giving away games like they were covered in anthrax. If Rivers stays true to form, he will look great... and then throw a game-losing pick.

I hope that it is more the second paragraph (and none of the first).

Lewis, Allen, work on your hands drills this week.

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Did you see our corners and safety's ball-hawking out there tonight? The Steelers D were like a pact of wild-wolves out there.

I expect this to be the week we get multiple picks. Rivers simply trys to do WAY too much.

teegre
12-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Did you see our corners and safety's ball-hawking out there tonight? The Steelers D were like a pact of wild-wolves out there.

I expect this to be the week we get multiple picks. Rivers simply trys to do WAY too much.

Agreed. But, my point was that the DBs need to "catch" those forced throws (not just bat them down). Hence the "hands drills." Make sense?

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Yep, makes lots of sense. Your post translated into giving me the confident feeling to go ahead and predict a "multiple pick" game this week since we'll be going through all those "hand drills" in practice.

I'll predict:

Rivers
19/41, 255 yards, 4 sacks, 1 TD, 2 INT's.

ETL
12-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Because we won this game and cincy beat SD, SD is out of the playoff picture with 8 losses.

the only team that matters is the Bengals.

If we lose next week and but win the remaining three games - we are in the playoffs because we would have beat the bengals in the process and that will put a loss on the bengals.

so that begs the interest question - do we start Ben again?

I would again opine that unless he is fully healed - I would not start him and instead play Batch - who seems to be rejuvinated

teegre
12-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Yep, makes lots of sense. Your post translated into giving me the confident feeling to go ahead and predict a "multiple pick" game this week since we'll be going through all those "hand drills" in practice.

I'll predict:

Rivers
19/41, 255 yards, 4 sacks, 1 TD, 2 INT's.

I live in SD, and watch a lot of their games (not "all" of the games, because they are regularly blacked out). Anyway, the thing with Rivers is that those picks come at the end of games, when he either:

a) already has the lead and then GIVES the other team the ball,
or
b) while trying to tie the game.

He might throw for 200 in the first 59 minutes, and then go for another 55 in the final minute... only to throw a game-losing INT. Ergo, Lewis & Allen need to be prepared.

Simply, right now, this season, Rivers is the opposite of "clutch."

teegre
12-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Because we won this game and cincy beat SD, SD is out of the playoff picture with 8 losses.

the only team that matters is the Bengals.

If we lose next week and but win the remaining three games - we are in the playoffs because we would have beat the bengals in the process and that will put a loss on the bengals.

so that begs the interest question - do we start Ben again?

I would again opine that unless he is fully healed - I would not start him and instead play Batch - who seems to be rejuvinated

My brother & I were discussing this very thing.

I say rest BB... weather the storm... ride the defense... and have a healthy BB for the last three games & play-offs.

Hawaii 5-0
12-03-2012, 01:04 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Sk_Pgb7EDjE/SwZY2eXBPsI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/FQFpsByiQHE/s1600/Philip+Rivers+Cry+Baby.png

CityofChampions
12-03-2012, 04:32 AM
Ike's been playing good lately, that sucks

He has been, but unlike years past, we have depth at almost every position, and that includes DB. I like how Keenan is playing, and don't forget about Cortez too, they tried to pick on him today, and he made them pay with some nice defending. I think we will be fine with or without him....

CityofChampions
12-03-2012, 04:33 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Sk_Pgb7EDjE/SwZY2eXBPsI/AAAAAAAAAQ4/FQFpsByiQHE/s1600/Philip+Rivers+Cry+Baby.png

Nice boobs Phillip....

CityofChampions
12-03-2012, 04:36 AM
The game that worries me is Dallas. They have enough guns to shoot us down if the Steelers play like they have on the road. They seem to sleepwalk through the first half in almost every away game this year. I hope not, but that game could easily railroad us.

You shouldn't be, Dallas is not scary at all, and the only reason they are still alive for a wild card berth, is because they get to play Philly twice. They barely beat the Browns, and they got OWNED by Griffin the 3rd on Thanksgiving in their house of course. The Cowboys are a joke, just like their QB and owner.....

WVABE
12-03-2012, 06:36 AM
I see no easy games left on the schedule, Chargers are barely loosing to teams, Cowgirls either barely win or loose, Cincy is playing some damn good ball in the 2nd half so far, and the Browns are alot better than their record indicates.

Its gonna be interesting especially if the ratbirds continue their one game losing streak.
We need to go 4-0 to secure play-off spot, 3-1 won't do it.

desertsteel
12-03-2012, 07:13 AM
the Raiders Titans and Browns are all better than the chargersThat's a stretch!

ebsteelers
12-03-2012, 09:04 AM
at least pitt is home for this game.

looking at this season, aint it a shame that a play here or there and steelers coiuld be 11-1

need to win 3 of last 4 games.
but all 4 are winnable

nice that the last 2 are home

Rotorhead
12-03-2012, 10:50 AM
3-1 wont do it, are you on crack? Indy plays Houston 2x, denver plays balty, NE plays Houston and SF, cincy plays us and the ravens (that probably fir a playoff spot), 3-1 will do it, but i am still hoping for 4-0 and watching the bengals and balty play for who wins the div (we do with a balty loss, balty does with a win)

nj1923steelgirl
12-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Wow Phil has nice man boobs! Now on to a win against SD!