PDA

View Full Version : Heard during the Browns/Eagles game.

Jeremy
08-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Philadelphia is the most passionate football town in America. If you're going play pro football, you want to do it in Philadelphia.

Ron Jaworski

83-Steelers-43
08-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Philadelphia is the most passionate football town in America. If you're going play pro football, you want to do it in Philadelphia.

Ron Jaworski

And what team did Jaworski play for over a ten year span?

I rest my case.

SteelerFanInCA
08-11-2006, 05:36 PM

Ron Jaworski
What a homer. :dang:

Jeremy
08-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I know he's a Philly homer. But he's always struck me as a pretty level-headed guy.

tony hipchest
08-11-2006, 05:49 PM
hes just saying that to get under merrill hoges skin for when nfl matchup starts again.

it gives them something else to argue about.

nicesteel4life
08-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Can we spell L-O-S-E-R?
The City of Brotherly Rob You

Atlanta Dan
08-11-2006, 06:17 PM
It was a local broadcast of a preseason game, which means only Eagles fans were watching.

Harmless boosterism, but to the extent Jaworski claims to be a national broadcaster through his ESPN gig I am surprised he does not let the guys limited to local broadcasts shill for the home team fans.

19ward86
08-11-2006, 06:22 PM
i never liked jaws

BlackNGold203
08-11-2006, 06:26 PM
hes just saying that to get under merrill hoges skin for when nfl matchup starts again.

Nail on the head Tony.....:cool: :cool:

Cape Cod Steel Head
08-11-2006, 07:19 PM
I think he may have taken one too many shots to the head.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I know he's a Philly homer. But he's always struck me as a pretty level-headed guy.

Is that before or after he removes his head from his ars? The polish pistol needs he barrel cleaned.

TheTruestBlackGoldFan
08-11-2006, 11:48 PM
For some reson NOBODY at ESPN likes the Steelers...they all focus n indy and pick indy for everything. Ron i know has a pure hatred for the Steelers because they could do everything HE couldn't...win. The steelers got all the attention in the 70's and he is still bitter. Sean salisbury also. Anywho onto his comments...the fans in Philly cheer the way the wind blows, they may be the fakest fans known in sports.

I gurantee that if the Steelers were to play a team of babies (actual babies not the Bungels) everyone but Merril Hoge would pick against us.

STEELER FANS ARE THE MOST PASSIONATE FANS IN THE WORLD AND THAT'S A FACT!!!

tony hipchest
08-12-2006, 12:00 AM
[QUOTE=TheTruestBlackGoldFan]For some reson NOBODY at ESPN likes the Steelers...they all focus n indy and pick indy for everything. Ron i know has a pure hatred for the Steelers because they could do everything HE couldn't...win. The steelers got all the attention in the 70's and he is still bitter. Sean salisbury also. Anywho onto his comments...the fans in Philly cheer the way the wind blows, they may be the fakest fans known in sports.

I gurantee that if the Steelers were to play a team of babies (actual babies not the Bungels) everyone but Merril Hoge would pick against us.
QUOTE]:sofunny: theyre either trying to make up for picking the ravens, or not picking the patriots.

everyone who picked the steelers in the 2001 afcc game is still sour about getting burnt in what had to be the easiest champ game to predict ever.

Steelers
08-12-2006, 12:26 AM
That jerk! [/sarcasm]

Haiku_Dirtt
08-12-2006, 04:25 AM

I lived the first 6 months of my life in Philadelphia and that means nothing. But I know Merrill is closer to getting an NFL job than Jorworski. I guarantee that Merrill will because he wants it and he is willing to spend unpaid time to make himself better. He is a student of the game. But so was Matt Millen.

HometownGal
08-12-2006, 08:00 AM
I think he needs to put the bong down and go back to stuffing his face with Twinkies. While the organization itself is a pretty class bunch and I've always loved Andy Reid as a HC, who in their right mind would want to play for a team whose fans boo Santa Claus??? :blurp:

Eztarget
08-12-2006, 11:16 AM
I grew up in South Jersey outside of Philly as a Steelers fan. Let's just say that BOTH the Eagles and Steelers fans are pretty darn passionate.