PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice Flacco's new NFL.COM picture?

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 12:19 AM
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1300/bertd.png

GMU Steeler
12-03-2012, 12:38 AM
May as well been him the way he played QB today. I don't get Flacco. Sometimes the guy looks very good and other times he looks looks like a bottom tier QB.

AndyWitmyer
12-03-2012, 12:48 AM
May as well been him the way he played QB today. I don't get Flacco. Sometimes the guy looks very good and other times he looks looks like a bottom tier QB.

A Ravens fan will almost assuredly say the very same about Big Ben. The difference is that as a starting QB, Ben has two rings and had a shot at a third. And Flacco has...a purple uniform.

GMU Steeler
12-03-2012, 12:56 AM
A Ravens fan will almost assuredly say the very same about Big Ben. The difference is that as a starting QB, Ben has two rings and had a shot at a third. And Flacco has...a purple uniform.

I'm sure they will but it's as you say, Ben has two rings and played for a third one. Plus I think Flacco's yin and yang is bigger. Everyone has a shitty game from time to time but Flacco really seems to be uncanny in his ability to look like a star one week and shitty the next.

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Flacco has been flopping and flailing with unbelievable talent around him his entire career.

Flacco's motto for his defense? "BLOW-JOBS FOR EVERYONE..."

GMU Steeler
12-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Flacco has been flopping and flailing with unbelievable talent around him his entire career.

Flacco's motto for his defense? "BLOW-JOBS FOR EVERYONE..."

Definitely has been helped by Rice. Man I wish we could have nabbed him in the draft.

teegre
12-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Definitely has been helped by Rice. Man I wish we could have nabbed him in the draft.

Every time someone posts that, I post this:

R1 - Spinny Mendenspin ::: DeSean Jackson

R2 - Limas Sweed ::: Ray Rice

R3 - Bruce Davis ::: Cliff Avril, Jermichael Finley, Mario Manningham, Philip Wheeler

R4: - Tony Hills ::: Carl Nicks

austinfrench76
12-03-2012, 01:26 AM
That's great! Dead ringer.

Hawaii 5-0
12-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Every time someone posts that, I post this:

R1 - Spinny Mendenspin ::: DeSean Jackson

R2 - Limas Sweed ::: Ray Rice

R3 - Bruce Davis ::: Cliff Avril, Jermichael Finley, Mario Manningham, Philip Wheeler

R4: - Tony Hills ::: Carl Nicks

the 2008 NFL Draft - what could have been: :banging:

Rd1 - Duane Brown OT / DeSean Jackson WR

R2 - Ray Rice RB

R3 - Cliff Avril OLB / Jermichael Finley TE

R4 - Josh Sitton OG

R5 - Carl Nicks OG

R6a - Pierre Garcon WR

R6b - Matt Flynn QB

bornaSteelersfan
12-03-2012, 04:18 AM
Guys, anyone can couch coach after the fact. The Steelers chose who they thought was the best option. They also drafted Heath Miller, Ben Roethlisberger, Lawrence Timmons, Troy Polamalu, Santonio Holmes, and Maurkice Pouncey all with first round picks. Those all turned out pretty good, so...we missed one. That's the past and frankly I am sick of reading about it.

VictoryFormation
12-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Joe Flacco is like Mark Malone, only on steroids, which enable him to take down innocent bystanders with a football. He can put the ball pretty far up into the stands, too.

LambertWardSteel
12-03-2012, 06:48 AM
Flacco is the best QB in the NFL. I heard him say so last offseason :wink02:

lardlad
12-03-2012, 07:17 AM
One thing I'd like to say about the QB comparisons. Batch played well but our DB's way out played theirs. When was the last time you saw a coverage sack? I think there was at least two yesterday. So I feel is is more about our dbs and less about Bert. Really how many times did they have their hands on the ball? I still don't get why there isn't more talk about K. Lewis. He is playing out of his mind, when was the last time we had a corner knock down as many passes as he has?

JeromeBetties63
12-03-2012, 08:39 AM
One thing I'd like to say about the QB comparisons. Batch played well but our DB's way out played theirs. When was the last time you saw a coverage sack? I think there was at least two yesterday. So I feel is is more about our dbs and less about Bert. Really how many times did they have their hands on the ball? I still don't get why there isn't more talk about K. Lewis. He is playing out of his mind, when was the last time we had a corner knock down as many passes as he has?

Well put. Let's give our guys the credit they deserve for playing lights out and shutting the unibrow down. Two straight games they flummoxed Joe. He sounded clueless in his interview after the game. :tt02:

lipps83
12-03-2012, 08:59 AM
the 2008 NFL Draft - what could have been: :banging:

Rd1 - Duane Brown OT / DeSean Jackson WR

R2 - Ray Rice RB

R3 - Cliff Avril OLB / Jermichael Finley TE

R4 - Josh Sitton OG

R5 - Carl Nicks OG

R6a - Pierre Garcon WR

R6b - Matt Flynn QB

Check out this draft from 2000....what could have been

R1 - Brian Urlacher
R2 - Chad Clifton (better and played longer)
R3 - Laverneus Coles
R4 - Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
R5 - Adalius Thomas
R6 - Tom Brady (backup to Stewart who will still be replaced by Ben in 2004, also keeps Pats from winning a few Super Bowls)
R7 - Danny Clark

Steelers could have won all 10 Super Bowls in the decade. This would have forced the NFL to eventually shutdown since no other team could compete and the Steelers would be determined greatest sports team of ANY SPORT ALL TIME.

I :heart: hindsight

teegre
12-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Check out this draft from 2000....what could have been

R1 - Brian Urlacher
R2 - Chad Clifton (better and played longer)
R3 - Laverneus Coles
R4 - Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
R5 - Adalius Thomas
R6 - Tom Brady (backup to Stewart who will still be replaced by Ben in 2004, also keeps Pats from winning a few Super Bowls)
R7 - Danny Clark

Steelers could have won all 10 Super Bowls in the decade. This would have forced the NFL to eventually shutdown since no other team could compete and the Steelers would be determined greatest sports team of ANY SPORT ALL TIME.

I :heart: hindsight

A little while back, a friend & I were bored, and we decided to re-draft for the Steelers (starting in 2005). The rules were simple:

You could draft anyone in R2 (or later) in R1... and anyone in R3 in R2.

In other words, no "real" R1 picks were taken, but any player 33 and beyond was available for your R1 pick, and any player 65 & beyond would be available for one's R2 pick... and so on.

Needless to say, at first, one would think that not having a player in the top 32 would make for a bad team. Both of us tried it, and we had amazing rosters. Try it... it is amazing how DEEP you can make a team, in hindsight... even without any "R1" picks.

teegre
12-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Guys, anyone can couch coach after the fact. The Steelers chose who they thought was the best option. They also drafted Heath Miller, Ben Roethlisberger, Lawrence Timmons, Troy Polamalu, Santonio Holmes, and Maurkice Pouncey all with first round picks. Those all turned out pretty good, so...we missed one. That's the past and frankly I am sick of reading about it.

True, but people KEEP brining it up... and thus, we keep discussing Ray Rice.

By the way, on a similar topic, another "Mike Wallace" thread just started. :wink02:

Atlanta Dan
12-04-2012, 07:48 AM
This bitter observation from The Baltimore Sun

It wouldn't be a loss to the Steelers without a fumble by Joe Flacco.:chuckle:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-five-things-ravens-steelers-120312-pg,0,6121112.photogallery

GMU Steeler
12-04-2012, 09:42 AM
This bitter observation from The Baltimore Sun

It wouldn't be a loss to the Steelers without a fumble by Joe Flacco.:chuckle:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-five-things-ravens-steelers-120312-pg,0,6121112.photogallery

No shit. This reminds me of the bellyaching when Troy made a similar play on ole Unibrow a few years back.

Terminator
12-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Steelers are incapable of not strip-sacking Flacco.

StainlessStill
12-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Even spell-checker knows.

So I'm writing a reply last night to my fellow brotherin' of this site, and the "suggestion correction" format of the programming thought that the word "Flacco" was misspelled. Here's what it THOUGHT I wanted it to say, but turns out, it REALLY is correct!

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3264/flaccid.jpg

lardlad
12-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Showed this to my daughter. She said that looks like the guy from sesame street. Does he really have yellow skin? I said no but he does have a unibrow.

Twentyvalve
12-05-2012, 08:33 PM
And Ben consistently puts up better numbers than Flacco. Every year.

ChristianKustomz
12-05-2012, 08:40 PM
In my opinion the only real talent Flacco has is his ability to throw the long ball down the field praying to Jesus for a pass interference call because he doesn't have the skill or ability to make any real consistent worthwhile play.

Flacco is just plain is over rated.

Blacksburg Zach
12-06-2012, 01:33 PM
In my opinion the only real talent Flacco has is his ability to throw the long ball down the field praying to Jesus for a pass interference call because he doesn't have the skill or ability to make any real consistent worthwhile play.

Flacco is just plain is over rated.

What are you talking about? Flacco is the best quarterback in the league, and he definitely deserves a lucrative contract extension.:chuckle:

Buddha Bus
12-06-2012, 04:25 PM
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1300/bertd.png

It should be this one.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fWFKDlp-uJU/TKu9DwHMNbI/AAAAAAAAMd4/1r1Dwmgb8Ec/s320/unibrow.jpg

:sofunny:

ChristianKustomz
12-06-2012, 09:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WJxhc.jpg

Flacco's twin brother Newnee. He likes eating crow and was just hired as the general manager for Baltimore Ravens.

Notice the resemblance.