PDA

View Full Version : Whose ready to watch baltimore nosedive?

tburhans
12-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Looking at there schedule a four game losing streak is very realistic and I'd love for it to happen. Either that or have us knock them out of the playoffs yet again

GMU Steeler
12-03-2012, 01:35 PM
It's very possible it could happen. Their last four games are all tough ones.

JeromeBetties63
12-03-2012, 01:43 PM
They will struggle...but the three lucky wins they had earlier in the season will let them sneak in.

White_Steel_Wolfe
12-03-2012, 01:45 PM
4 game losing streak huh? Then we take the division? :rofl::chuckle:

I'm all for that!:tt02:

Fire Arians
12-03-2012, 01:50 PM
doubt that will happen, just because they lost to us doesnt make them a bad team. they will more than likely still take the division (if they win 2 it prolly locks it, better conference record)

steelerchad
12-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Yeah. They will hold any tiebreaker scenario with the Bengals or us. They need to go 1-3 and we have to win out. Unlikely, but possible IMO. I think they'll actually go 2-2, but if they lose to the Skins and we beat the Chargers this week things get interesting.

Fire Arians
12-03-2012, 02:00 PM
they aren't going to lose to the skins, RG3 can tear up soft teams like dallas, but he's gonna fold when he's up against baltimore's more physical defense. I don't see him lighting them up (of course it will be awesome if I'm wrong, but just being realistic)

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Homestly you're right we have a very tough schedule. We need to win Redskins and Bengals which I think we can. The others will be very hard.

OX1947
12-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Doesnt matter, as long as the Steelers are healthy going into the playoffs with hopefully a 5 game winning streak, the league is toast. Steelers defense is really putting things together well.

stairway27
12-03-2012, 02:14 PM
I actually think that the Redskins have a good shot at beating the Ravens. Their run game is legit, and the Ravens rush D is not. I also wouldn't judge RG3 based off the game against the Steelers. There's a reason why our D is 13-2 vs Rookie QBs. RG3 is for real. Don't under estimate his passing skills either.

SoCalFan
12-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Yeah. They will hold any tiebreaker scenario with the Bengals or us. They need to go 1-3 and we have to win out. Unlikely, but possible IMO. I think they'll actually go 2-2, but if they lose to the Skins and we beat the Chargers this week things get interesting.

And I believe things WILL get interresting!

Honestly, I want them in the playoffs, I want to BEAT THEM DOWN AND KNOCK THEM OUT of the playoffs!!!:tt03:

GMU Steeler
12-03-2012, 02:17 PM
I actually think that the Redskins have a good shot at beating the Ravens. Their run game is legit, and the Ravens rush D is not. I also wouldn't judge RG3 based off the game against the Steelers. There's a reason why our D is 13-2 vs Rookie QBs. RG3 is for real. Don't under estimate his passing skills either.

I agree. Right now, I'd probably pick the Ravens to win in a close one but if RGIII performs well tonight against the Giants, I may lean towards the Skins.

Rotorhead
12-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Well the Skins playoffs start tonight, so we will see, would be best if they win tonight, then both the skins and NY have to play out their seasons hard for playoffs.

Rotorhead
12-03-2012, 03:04 PM
If they go into Cincy on a 3 game skid, then

Rotorhead
12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Oops, that will be a bug last game, not sure how the tiebreakers will work out between the ravens and cincy

SoCalFan
12-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Oops, that will be a bug last game, not sure how the tiebreakers will work out between the ravens and cincy

Learn to edit your post! SIR!:drink:

The_Joker
12-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Fuck the Ravens, focus on us here folks!

JeromeBetties63
12-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Fuck the Ravens, focus on us here folks!

This from the guy who posted 1,000 times in one week in the Ravens forum until he got banned. You're a disgrace, dude. :sofunny:

dez09231
12-03-2012, 04:18 PM
The Ravens aren't great, but they are better than most teams. Losing out isn't going to happen. They are a 12-4 team, and will probably end up the 3 seed.

steelfury02
12-03-2012, 04:18 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31226503.jpg

The_Joker
12-03-2012, 04:34 PM
This from the guy who posted 1,000 times in one week in the Ravens forum until he got banned. You're a disgrace, dude. :sofunny:

Says the asswagon who was sucking everyone's nuts there.

YOU are the disgrace.

JeromeBetties63
12-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Says the asswagon who was sucking everyone's nuts there.

YOU are the disgrace.

I don't post in there...liar.

The_Joker
12-03-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't post in there...liar.

Right, so what then, you've been following me since Steelers Nation?

Whoever this is, fuck off, and if you want to go obsess over the Rats, do it elsewhere.

:popcorn: Godobye.

steelerchad
12-03-2012, 05:10 PM

Ravens will own any tiebreaker against us or Bengals.

steelerchad
12-03-2012, 05:11 PM
The Ravens aren't great, but they are better than most teams. Losing out isn't going to happen. They are a 12-4 team, and will probably end up the 3 seed.

No way. I don't see them winning 3 of 4.

The_Joker
12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
No way. I don't see them winning 3 of 4.

They will lose to the Redskins and maybe Bengals.

SteelBobbleHead
12-03-2012, 06:00 PM
This week should be an interesting week. Like already stated, the redskins rushing game is legit. The only way to stop RG3 is to stop their running game. Then the play action stuff that they live on isn't as effective. I'm not entirely sure the ravens can stop it. Then again, I'm not sure the skins defense can stop the ravens. Should be a close one.
I'm more interested in seeing how these Steelers play this weekend. Just had an emotional win. This team, for a few years now, have been known to play to the competition. When is the last time they blew anyone out? With the playoffs in the balance I for one am hoping they come out focused and handle their business. One good thing, thank god it isn't a west coast trip.:drink:

JeromeBetties63
12-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Right, so what then, you've been following me since Steelers Nation?

Whoever this is, fuck off, and if you want to go obsess over the Rats, do it elsewhere.

:popcorn: Godobye.

Hey, 15 year old, you are projecting. Look the term up in a psychology book.

lardlad
12-03-2012, 07:48 PM
It's very possible it could happen. Their last four games are all tough ones.

Could happen. But our DB's were great lat night. Been a while since we had coverage sacks.like Lewis said, take away Flaccid's long game and you have a good chance. That's how they have been squeaking out wins. One or two big plays and crap the bed the rest of the night.

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Could happen. But our DB's were great lat night. Been a while since we had coverage sacks.like Lewis said, take away Flaccid's long game and you have a good chance. That's how they have been squeaking out wins. One or two big plays and crap the bed the rest of the night.

Yep. One play that stood out to me on how FINE our young stud corners are is when Ziggy Hood got his sack. Props to Ziggy sticking with it and pursuing Flacco but it was the coverage that had Flacco panicking the fuck out.

BlaZeQuietly
12-03-2012, 10:11 PM
The Ravens are going to win the division. I they lucked out a lot this year. What really gets me is that they have one of the WORST QBs in the league and for some reason are in contention every year, imagine if they had a QB that could put up big numbers. I really rate Flacco down there with Sanchez. He is pitiful. The steeler defense is so amazing this year. if we can just clean up the sloppiness on the offensive side of the ball we are a serious superbowl contender. I have nightmares about facing denver IN denver in round 1 though, clark will be out and they are a lot better than they were last year. Raverns in round one please, they will make a good appetizer.

Fire Arians
12-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Flacco is a good QB, he's not elite, but good. To say he's as bad as Sanchez is a major stretch and you know it

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Sanchez is a downright abortion. Flacco is average at best.

ETL
12-03-2012, 11:06 PM
... and for some reason are in contention every year ...

Like most Steeler fans, you hate the Ravens as I do. But don't confuse hatred for lack of ability. In fact, I will point out to you that if the Ravens were not a good football team - you would not hate them. You would IGNORE them like we do the Browns and the Bengals. We don't hate the Bengals or Browns because they are meaningless. On the contrary - we hate the Ravens because they are competitive and a good football team.

Why?

Flacco is an above average QB.
Ray Rice is a legit top 5 RB.
Torrey Smith is a talent at WR
Ngati, Suggs, Lewis and Reed make plays and provide a core of leadership to that defense.

It is not a mistake that they have 9 wins.

I do not believe Baltimore will "nosedive"

Fire Arians
12-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Redskins beat the Giants tonight which was what I was hoping, I wanted them to still be in the playoff hunt when they play Baltimore (6-6 is a lot more hopeful than 5-7)

Steel_Bus_24
12-04-2012, 12:10 AM
more interested about the Steelers now, and how we manage our injuries down this stretch

If we get into the playoffs then we might see them then....sucks that I can't enjoy that W more but the Steelers still have a lot to overcome. These next couple of weeks are sure to test my heart and nerves. Should be a hell of a ride

Hawaii 5-0
12-04-2012, 01:11 AM
Redskins beat the Giants tonight which was what I was hoping, I wanted them to still be in the playoff hunt when they play Baltimore (6-6 is a lot more hopeful than 5-7)

good point! :drink:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-04-2012, 02:06 AM
I think there is a really really good chance of the Steelers winning the division. They are just clicking on all cylinders right now. In addition, you have to think the Ravens are on their heels after this week's massive upset against a hated rival. I think they're almost guaranteed to lose to NYG and DEN. Washington and Cincinnati are both 50/50. But luckily for the Steelers, both those games are away.

SteelBobbleHead
12-04-2012, 02:31 AM
It amazes me how some Steeler fans can go from "the Steelers suck, fire this guy, bench that guy, this guy shouldn't even be in the league" one week to "they are clicking on all cylinders right now, no one can stop them" the next week. This was a big game no doubt, but it was only one game. The defense is playing lights out but I would like to see this team play a little more consistently the next couple weeks before I say they are unstoppable. The potential is definitely there but let's see if they handle business in a convincing fashion this week.
I am interested in seeing how the ravens fair this week against the redskins. The redskins have a legitimate rushing attack. Should the ravens lose this week, then fall to Peyton the following week their confidence could very well get rattled.
Let's go one week at a time for right now though.

steelfury02
12-04-2012, 09:11 AM
I just want to get in the playoffs at this point. We've proven we can win on the road already, and even in some road losses - we were close - as much as I'd like to sit here and bitch about how we should have beat teams like OAK and TENN - sometimes taking a licking teaches you a lesson - maybe this is all one huge test that has them primed to win on the road - who knows.

The Steelers need to treat every game as a playoff game, regardless of who it is. If things stand, we will face Baltimore in the wild card round - and that is no gimme, even with Ben - although our chances increase. A road trip to Denver is what scares me - Ryan Clark can't play - and combine that with Ike potentially being out - and P. Manning will pounce on every little mistake/mismatch/ and error - no matter how small the error seems. Thank goodness both Allens have stepped it up. I don't see Luck and the Colts pulling one out of their ass in Denver.

Baltimore, Denver, Houston or New England - that is one helluva gauntlet.

Rotorhead
12-04-2012, 10:35 AM
I know how to edit my posts, working from my phone it was just easier to finish on a separate post. Like i stated, if the Skins win the road gets that much tougher for the ravens. The skins will be in playoff mode now so pretty lose and you are out. Giants are in danger of dropping out too so they are almost in must win mode as well. If we take care of our games we just might get the division handed to us!

MasterOfPuppets
12-04-2012, 11:12 AM
i can see the rats losing 3 out of 4 ...:thumbsup: