PDA

View Full Version : Will we run the table?

Quackjack
12-03-2012, 03:37 PM
With four games left, our competition here is;

VS Chargers
@ Cowboys
VS Bengals
VS Browns

I say the biggest challenges are the Boys and Bengals. The Cowboys will be playing for their lives by then, and the Bengals will try and snatch the 6th seed from us.

I say we go 3-1 and end up 10-6.

GMU Steeler
12-03-2012, 03:39 PM
I like our odds. Nothing's a gimme but I do like our odds. Agree though that Dallas and Cincy will be the toughest of the bunch.

Quackjack
12-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Looks an awful like our last two SB wins, huh?

OX1947
12-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Steelers only have to win the next 3 to clinch a playoff spot. My guess is they win the next 3 and sit starters in week 17 to get everyone healthy for the playoff run.

Quackjack
12-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Steelers only have to win the next 3 to clinch a playoff spot. My guess is they win the next 3 and sit starters in week 17 to get everyone healthy for the playoff run.

If we clinch a spot if we beat Cincy in week 16, I agree. No reason to fight for seeding.

:tt03:

steelfury02
12-03-2012, 03:50 PM
one question remains - when do you want to see Denver - right away, or in later rounds?

THAT will be a challenge.

Quackjack
12-03-2012, 03:52 PM
one question remains - when do you want to see Denver - right away, or in later rounds?

Plan 3: Not at all. Let the Ravens/Patriots/Texans get 'em out. I would want to face those 3 instead.

steelfury02
12-03-2012, 03:54 PM
Plan 3: Not at all. Let the Ravens/Patriots/Texans get 'em out. I would want to face those 3 instead.

one thing is for sure - if we're in - this will be the hardest path to any Super Bowl that I can remember - if they run that gauntlet - there is no way they don't win #7, against any NFC team.

Quackjack
12-03-2012, 04:00 PM
one thing is for sure - if we're in - this will be the hardest path to any Super Bowl that I can remember - if they run that gauntlet - there is no way they don't win #7, against any NFC team.

:tt02: 05 was hard, what with going to Cincy, Indy then Denver.

Let's just hope we are healthy!

Steel_Bus_24
12-03-2012, 04:04 PM
man we're really going to miss Ike

I think teams are going to get a few more big plays on us

We're going to need Ben back to keep up

Hopefully Troy and a Resurgent SilverBack create some Turnovers of their own to help offset

Every game is going to be heart attack city

Quackjack
12-03-2012, 04:15 PM
man we're really going to miss Ike

I think teams are going to get a few more big plays on us

We're going to need Ben back to keep up

Hopefully Troy and a Resurgent SilverBack create some Turnovers of their own to help offset

Every game is going to be heart attack city

A W is a W. This game sure was one of those...

steelerchad
12-03-2012, 04:17 PM
We'll see if Ben has any rust. Hopefully he's back this week so he can shake it off against the Chargers. Don't want his first game back to be a road trip to Dallas.

Steelerfreak58
12-03-2012, 04:34 PM
We have lost to 3 of the worst teams in the league so the last 4 games are not a given by any stretch of the imagination. We continue to play down to teams levels so every game ends up coming down to the wire that needs to really get fixed.

If the team can avoid injuries the next few games and get back some folks to full health we may have a chance at a playoff spot but so far those losses to the RAIDERS, TITANS, and BROWNS might come back to haunt us not unlike the "UNLEASH HELL" year we missed the playoffs.

Ricco Suavez
12-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Whoa, Guys. Great win last night and boy did we need it, but talking run the table and playoffs are a little premature. I like our chances if we get Ben back to secure at least a WC spot, but it remains to be seen what kind of shape his body and game will be in. I want Ben healthy along with some other key personnel, like Crotchery, Ike, DeCastro, Troy's continue improvement, and Woodley. Lets win our next game and see how this unfolds.

Sharkissle29
12-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Haha Crotchery.

Darkstorm05
12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm hoping for 3-1. A 4-0 is a little bit out there. I would think we make WC even if we go 2-2 though.

Fire Arians
12-03-2012, 05:24 PM
every game looks winnable, but so did tennessee and oakland

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 05:35 PM
I see us losing no more than 1 more. Need all the AFC games we can get. At Dallas would be a challenge (I'll be there!) but hopefully a win against the Chargers rides us into Texas with momentum. A healthy Ben would be a plus.

Quackjack
12-03-2012, 05:49 PM
I see us losing no more than 1 more. Need all the AFC games we can get. At Dallas would be a challenge (I'll be there!) but hopefully a win against the Chargers rides us into Texas with momentum. A healthy Ben would be a plus.

Going all the way to Dallas?! Nice!

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Hell yeah dude. Getting a huge group and going down for about 5 days. My step bro is a Cowboys fan and he got season tickets so we're gonna go down. Kicker is that we got on the field pass's for pre-game warmups so I'll be telling Ben our gameplan! Hah!

SoCalFan
12-03-2012, 06:06 PM
One game a a time! Everyone keeps mentioning Oak & Ten but the chemistry was different then!

I think we would SMASH the cowgirls...Im thinking of attending!

Quackjack
12-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Hell yeah dude. Getting a huge group and going down for about 5 days. My step bro is a Cowboys fan and he got season tickets so we're gonna go down. Kicker is that we got on the field pass's for pre-game warmups so I'll be telling Ben our gameplan! Hah!

Hahaha! Only game I've been to is Jets @ Redskins. Game was awful.

Edman
12-03-2012, 06:16 PM
It is quite possible, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Four games to go. The Chargers are a bad team, and you know how it is with the Steelers and bad teams.

It's the Home Stretch. One game at a time.

nj1923steelgirl
12-03-2012, 06:50 PM
I like one game at a time for now!

austinfrench76
12-03-2012, 11:30 PM
We can only help!

BleedPurple
12-03-2012, 11:31 PM

VS Chargers
@ Cowboys
VS Bengals
VS Browns

I say the biggest challenges are the Boys and Bengals. The Cowboys will be playing for their lives by then, and the Bengals will try and snatch the 6th seed from us.

Quack I think 3-1, either Cowboys or Bengals are going to give fits, Bengals on a roll and will be fighting for a spot.

Hawaii 5-0
12-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Quack I think 3-1, either Cowboys or Bengals are going to give fits, Bengals on a roll and will be fighting for a spot.

of the 4 games we have left, the Bungals game is the most important one for us to win...:steelersflag:

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 11:54 PM
If we were to lose again in this 4 game stretch, it needs to be to Dallas, the only NFC team left on the schedule. Can't afford any more AFC Conference defeats.

Hawaii 5-0
12-03-2012, 11:57 PM
If we were to lose again in this 4 game stretch, it needs to be to Dallas, the only NFC team left on the schedule. Can't afford any more AFC Conference defeats.

good point! :drink:

Fire Arians
12-04-2012, 12:19 AM

I can see what you're saying, but I kinda disagree. we need to win that game to prove we can win in unfamiliar hostile territory, because that's what the playoffs will be like, only against tougher competition

Quackjack
12-04-2012, 03:51 AM
We can do this, we've done it before.

Rick5895
12-04-2012, 06:40 AM
There is still a slight chance we can win the division. I know that's a bit of a dream but the Ratbirds have 3 very tough games left. Washington, Cincy and Denver. With it looking like Suggs is done they are more vulnerable on D. Win out and the division could be ours.

steeltheone
12-04-2012, 10:51 AM
We can do this, we've done it before.

Hey, I was wrong about Baltimore, so anything is possible! Go Steelers!

lipps83
12-04-2012, 11:01 AM
I think we can do it. What I have seen the last two weeks (excluding turnovers against Browns) is a different team from the first several games. If we can keep TO's to a minimum like we were before Ben went out, look out.

SteelersCanada
12-04-2012, 11:09 AM

I bet Ike wants to play Denver later on and redeem himself vs. Thomas.

Ideally, they'll get knocked out so we can have Clark for the playoffs.

LVSteelersfan
12-04-2012, 11:29 AM
I have said all along that I think Dallas will thump us. They got Murray back and Dez Bryant has been playing lights out as well as Witten. It will be tough to stop them unless we can get Tony Homo to disintegrate. We always play poorly going West on the road for some reason. That mess in the black hole proves it. The Cowgirls are fighting for their playoff lives with the Skins beating the Giants last night. Not to mention they love to beat the Steelers. Only time will tell. Don't discount the Chargers but I think we win that one. The Chargers look like they have given up for the year.

SteelKid212
12-04-2012, 11:50 AM

man dude that is awesome! :thumbsup:

im goin also! i live 2 hrs from arlington.

where yall sittin at? and do you happen to know what end the steelers warm up on?

is it the east side or west side???
:tt04:

StainlessStill
12-04-2012, 11:56 AM
man dude that is awesome! :thumbsup:

im goin also! i live 2 hrs from arlington.

where yall sittin at? and do you happen to know what end the steelers warm up on?

is it the east side or west side???
:tt04:

We are sitting in box seats but I have the freedom to go the entire way around the stadium in any box seat. I'll be in my actual seat though, I love a football atmosphere, not the box's so we'll be behind the Cowboys bench. If I find fellow Steelers fans, you bet your ass I'll make my way over haha. We are taking a group of 8, but the ticket's aren't all together. I'll be sitting with my step-bro with the on field pass's as everyone else will part. Not sure if the Steelers are on the West or East side.

SteelKid212
12-04-2012, 12:10 PM
We are sitting in box seats but I have the freedom to go the entire way around the stadium in any box seat. I'll be in my actual seat though, I love a football atmosphere, not the box's so we'll be behind the Cowboys bench. If I find fellow Steelers fans, you bet your ass I'll make my way over haha. We are taking a group of 8, but the ticket's aren't all together. I'll be sitting with my step-bro with the on field pass's as everyone else will part. Not sure if the Steelers are on the West or East side.

that is badass. i got party passes... i know theyre in the endzones mid level standing room only, first come first serve to be up against the railing... either way the big screens are visible. but yea the atmosphere is intense and im lookin forward to it.

its my first game seeing the Steelers and im pumped. plan on going to PITT nextyear for a home game. but man Steelers vs cowboys is HUGE! especially w both teams fighting for playoff stop, late in Dec.

btaylor179
12-04-2012, 02:57 PM
we play down to our competition....only thing that scares me

SteelersCanada
12-04-2012, 03:23 PM
I think we can win out forsure. Here's the more important thing, though. I think the Ravens can lose out, or win one of the next four games.

Next week, they have to head into Washington to beat RG3 - that's not happening. If they couldn't blanket Wallace, Sanders and Brown when we had Batch at quarterback, how are they supposed to cover guys like Garcon and Moss with a mobile quarterback that can make plays with his feet? On top of that, they're a truly horrendous road team. I don't see them beating Washington - nuh uh.

Then, the Manning bros. come into M&T and we know how Joey plays against elite quarterbacks - not well. I think they both pick apart that brutal secondary and expose that pretend defense and both beat the Ravens. The Giants aren't a lock for the NFC East anymore and every game matters. I'll take Eli and Cruz over Joey and Smith any day of the week when it comes to a 'must win'. The simple fact of the matter is, Eli has proven he can win those types of games and Joey has shown - with great consistency, actually - that he can't.

It comes down to the Bengals in week 17. This is a game I see them winning, but I don't think it matters. If and when we beat the Bengals in week 16, that should secure us a playoff spot and ultimately, this game won't matter to the Bengals in terms of postseason success. That being said, they're going to play for pride in their own stadium which can have huge affects on a team.

Ravens fans are cocky and arrogant to think that these last 4 games will be a breeze. It's not even completely out of the question they go 0-4 and miss the playoffs. While I doubt that happens, I think they squeak one win out in their last 4 games and go 10-6. Do you know what that means? They have to come into Heinz Field against a healthy Steelers offense and defense and beat us. In our own home. Facing Roethlisberger.

That shit ain't happening.

Quackjack
12-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Quite true.

Rotorhead
12-04-2012, 04:26 PM
I think with indy having 2 possible losses to houston, ravens dropping 3 heading into cincy, cincy will be playing for the last playoff spot between them and the ravens, so that last game will be a key one for several teams

Ricco Suavez
12-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Please God let us worry about one game at a time. I want the Steelers to concentrate on the Chargers this week and only the Chargers. We can scoreboard watch later. With that said I think last nights Redskin win was big for us. Now the Redskins are in the hunt and NY feels teams on their back and since both are on the Ravens remaining games they will be tough outs. Downside is Cowboys are back in the hunt but with all the histroy between our teams I think it means little. I want the Steelers to beat Dallas and not just because they are Dallas but with a win we will "sweep" the NFC east and I have too many Cowboy, Giant, and Eagle fans down here that need some crow to eat. Back to the Ravens Cincy will give the Ravens all they want, they have in the past and I expect no less, and Peyton has a history of torching that team and plus the Broncos are playing for seeding position. It is not out of the realm of possibility that the Ravens could indeed lose 3 of 4 if not all remaining games. But first things first, we need to take care of Chargers, Raven week last week, this week Charger week.
:tt:

rich4eagle
12-04-2012, 07:07 PM

VS Chargers
@ Cowboys
VS Bengals
VS Browns

Concur on 3-1 last Sunday was huge. Steelers make the playoffs and maybe emerge real healthy and kick butt and win it all:tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

nj1923steelgirl
12-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Sounds great to me!

Hawaii 5-0
12-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Sounds great to me!

works for me too...

http://bestanimations.com/Music/Dancers/FamousBaby/Baby-03-june.gif