PDA

View Full Version : Woodley/Worlids

Sharkissle29
12-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Will probably get ripped a bit for this but what would you guys think of this idea. From what I have seen out of Jason Worlids, I think the guys is a good pass rusher than most people give him credit for. He plays the run decent, but still isn't quite there.

Once we get Woodley back, how would you guys feel if we rotated Worlids in on passing downs, and let Woodley play on running downs? I am not sure if it has been Woodley's, health but he has not generated much pressure from what I have seen this season. Meanwhile, Worlids is pulling off Mendy like spin moves to get to the QB, which he nearly did against the Ravens (was an awesome move).

Just curious as to what people would think. I think I like Jason Worlids than most do on this board...

jfeust
12-03-2012, 05:05 PM
I don't know if I'd go so far as to setup a planned rotation, but I too am excited by Worlids development. It looks like we found our outside pass rusher of the future. Whether he takes Harrisons or Woodleys spot first remains to be seen (not sure how long each are under contract).

Fire Arians
12-03-2012, 05:21 PM
worilds will be solid if he can stay healthy. most complaints about him is he's been on the injury list for the past 2 offseasons

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm confident in the Steelers linebacking core. Seeing Worilds finally come alive out there after a few seasons should make Steelers fans happy since Harrison probably only has 1 more year of ball left in him. I like the tandem of Woodley/Worilds moving forward for the future.

That said, the unsung hero so far is Larry Foote. Dude may not be dominant, but he completes our defense as is.

MasterOfPuppets
12-03-2012, 05:42 PM
i think woodley needs to shed a few lbs. he looks way fatter than he used to.

austinfrench76
12-03-2012, 06:09 PM
Worlids did play well! I just remember that it took Harrison severla years to make the Steelers, hell got cut by us a few times and the Ratbirds, as everybody knows. So Worlids may just be coming around...

desertsteel
12-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Maybe it's time to move Woodley's fat but to the inside. About 15 more pounds and he's there.

lardlad
12-03-2012, 06:42 PM
It's just a matter of time before this is brought up. Not sure Worilds is better than Woodley yet, but it is worth discussing. The guy is leading in sacks and had much fewer opportunities.

We'll see. Woodley got hot last year and had like 7 sacks in one month. He gets hot like that again this discussion is over. Worilds gets hot like that, it's still a bit of a discussion. I guess what I am saying is Woodley is more established, Worilds is still a bit of a risk. I love what I am seeing though, he's living up to expectations IMO. Good problem to have!

67 calsteel
12-03-2012, 06:52 PM
i do think world's should get more playing time.What about this?Sub package
outside linebacker Worlds and Woodley
inside Linebackers Harrison and Timmon
D_line Kiessel,Mc lendon and heyward

FacemeIke
12-03-2012, 07:29 PM
All I know is I"m much more excited about our future on defense than I was a few months ago. Worlids, Lewis, McClendon all look great. Brown looked good in the secondary yesterday and Heyward has started to show me some things and Ziggy is (very) slowly improving.

lardlad
12-03-2012, 07:40 PM
All I know is I"m much more excited about our future on defense than I was a few months ago. Worlids, Lewis, McClendon all look great. Brown looked good in the secondary yesterday and Heyward has started to show me some things and Ziggy is (very) slowly improving.

I'm sorry but there hasn't been enough talk about Lewis. What am I missing here? He has been freakin hot. When was the last time you saw a db for Pittsburgh knock down so many passes? And they are most often big plays.

Really why is no one really talking about him?

PhantomJB93
12-03-2012, 07:43 PM
I think Worilds has definitely earned more snaps. It's hard to flat-out play him over Woodley because Woodley has been so great in the past, but as far as this season goes Worilds has been far better. I don't know about a planned rotation but considering Woodley won't be 100% for a while having Worilds fill in for him and spell him often when he comes back is a good idea.

I do think Worilds has shown this season he deserves to be given a legitimate shot as Harrison's replacement when Harrison finally leaves. I don't think we need to be taking an OLB early in the draft anymore like a lot of people wanted to before the season.

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 07:49 PM

The only thing that keeps these guys under the radar is turnovers and interceptions. Even though these guys are maniacs with pass's defended, we've let INT's slip through our hands game by game and that hurts our notoriety as a unit around the league.

Still, let teams keep passing on us! These dudes are STUDS.

JVip
12-03-2012, 08:49 PM
I heard something about Worilds being Harrisons new workout partner. Hopefully this will help him with his strength and get his body conditioned properly so he stays healthy.

steelerchad
12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
I don't know if I'd go so far as to setup a planned rotation, but I too am excited by Worlids development. It looks like we found our outside pass rusher of the future. Whether he takes Harrisons or Woodleys spot first remains to be seen (not sure how long each are under contract).

He's taking Harrison's spot. No way we pay Silverback $7M for his last year at his age and health.

JVip
12-03-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm sorry but there hasn't been enough talk about Lewis. What am I missing here? He has been freakin hot. When was the last time you saw a db for Pittsburgh knock down so many passes? And they are most often big plays.

I hope it stays that way till next year, we NEED to sign Lewis this off season.

JVip
12-03-2012, 08:56 PM
He's taking Harrison's spot. No way we pay Silverback $7M for his last year at his age and health.

Hopefully we can keep Harrison another season, probably restructure. Woodley can't stay on the field and the backers are thin and what makes this defense tick.

What happens the first time Woodley pulls a hammy and can't play?
We have no alternative for the outside positions.

Sharkissle29
12-03-2012, 10:38 PM
I don't think we need to be taking an OLB early in the draft anymore like a lot of people wanted to before the season.

I still think we lack some depth at OLB, and like another poster said, what happens when Woodley pulls another hammy? If someone drops far in the draft, I would grab him. The Steelers are known for loading up on LB's....