PDA

View Full Version : could scottie montgomery help

67 calsteel
12-04-2012, 06:34 PM
We are all getting tired of all the dropped interception.The steelers have been at the bottom of the league for two years now.Just a idea.Nothing against Carnell but i think the db need to spend some time working with Scottie doing pass catching drill and learn the proper technique catching the ball. What do you think?

tony hipchest
12-04-2012, 06:42 PM
i think ike just has bad hands and no amount of drills will help him.

if it were as simple as learning good technique, you and i would be receivers in the nfl right now.

Lizard72
12-04-2012, 06:51 PM
I think Lake has enough working with these guys on technique as it is. He's really improved fundementals since he's been in Pittsburgh. They need to have that down before you work on all the freelancing and catching.

SteelBobbleHead
12-04-2012, 06:54 PM
I think if most of these guys could catch they would be WR's. It is a good thought but quite honestly I'm sure these guys do put extra time in with catching a football.

Hawaii 5-0
12-04-2012, 07:46 PM
i think ike just has bad hands and no amount of drills will help him.

if it were as simple as learning good technique, you and i would be receivers in the nfl right now.

well, there is that little part about God making me too slow also...:redface:

austinfrench76
12-04-2012, 10:22 PM
I remember reading a while back, on Steelers.com I think, and Ike has talked about this. He says that he spends ALOT of time before and after practice as well as the off-season working on it. Bottom line: freaking stone hands!!!!!!! That's it. Sucks because it would be a huge help to the team obviously AND he would get more of the recognition that I think he deserves but it is what it is apparently.