PDA

View Full Version : Toughest competition?

The_Joker
12-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Who do you guys think would be the hardest team to beat in the postseason? I think it is the New England Patriots, they are on fire. I am not worried about the Rats, Colts, or Texans, but the Broncos would be a tough one, especially without Clark.

austinfrench76
12-05-2012, 04:08 PM
I agree! The only saving grace with Denver is that Manning has not been great in the post season in his career. NE is probably our biggest competition.

The_Joker
12-05-2012, 04:13 PM
I agree! The only saving grace with Denver is that Manning has not been great in the post season in his career. NE is probably our biggest competition.

If anyone else knows a Pats fan, rub it in their faces if we win. Tired of hearing of their drub.

steelerchad
12-05-2012, 04:14 PM
I'd say Denver.

teegre
12-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Health.

GMU Steeler
12-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Denver. Tough place to play, we'd be without Clark, etc. I do think the key is health though. If we enter the postseason healthy, I like our chances.

Rotorhead
12-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Denver, their D is on fire right now. But not nearly as dangerous without their top RB. I think we matchup well with NE and our passing Def, plus they just lost their top weapon in Gronk. So its a toss up. For all the Houston hype they dont worry me as they just play solid FB and we can do the same.

StainlessStill
12-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Since the playoffs are shaping up, I'm going to do something different and rank each AFC team and the threat they bring to the postseason.

On a scale from 1-10 ranking each team as a threat:

1. Houston 8/10
2. Baltimore 5.5/10
3. New England 8.7/10
4. Denver 9/10
-----------------
5. Indianapolis 6.5/10
6. Pittsburgh (without Ben) 5/10
-----------------
7. Cincinnati 5/10

Point blank, when it comes down to it, if I'm any AFC team, I'm scared to absolute death of Denver and New England. I had the Pats at 8.5, but bumped them up close to the 9 I gave Denver only because I think if it DOES come down to it, I'd think it would be much tougher going to Denver in the post-season than it would New England, but that's just my quick observation.

Buddha Bus
12-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Denver in Denver. No Ryan Clark puts us at a disadvantage right off the bat. A healthy Troy may help, but I still dread playing Denver in Denver. That said, I still think we can beat them.

The Patriots don't worry me. We handled them easily last year and I think we're a better team this year. The key will be having a healthy Harrison/Woodley combo on the field putting pressure on Brady and our improved secondary play.

Houston doesn't worry me until they can get over the playoff hump and win in the postseason.

The Rats are our bitches in the playoffs, period. They want none of us I assure you... no matter how much hot air they blow about wanting us. We will humiliate and destroy that team with a healthy Ben.

I'd love a shot at the Colts to shut Arians the fuck up. I think we kill that team given an opportunity.

SteelersCanada
12-05-2012, 04:37 PM
If we have to play Brady in his house - we're in trouble. The simple fact of the matter is, when Tom is playing in his house of pain, teams' seasons come to a screeching halt.

My brother is a Patriots fan, so by default I've seen every game of theirs this season (save for one) and the Patriots are easily the biggest challenge we have to getting a Super Bowl. Denver can't beat elite competition and Peyton packs it in come post season time. I realize Clark can't play in Denver, but I'd go to Denver 100 times out of a 100 instead of going to Gillette.

The title game will come down to us heading into Foxboro, though. Sadly.

The_Joker
12-05-2012, 04:39 PM
For me,

1. Houston 6/10
2. Baltimore 6.5/10
3. New England 8.5/10
4. Denver 7.25/10
-----------------
5. Indianapolis 2/10
6. Pittsburgh (with Ben 100%) 7/10
-----------------
7. Cincinnati 5/10

Buddha Bus
12-05-2012, 04:41 PM
If we have to play Brady in his house - we're in trouble. The simple fact of the matter is, when Tom is playing in his house of pain, teams' seasons come to a screeching halt.

My brother is a Patriots fan, so by default I've seen every game of theirs this season (save for one) and the Patriots are easily the biggest challenge we have to getting a Super Bowl. Denver can't beat elite competition and Peyton packs it in come post season time. I realize Clark can't play in Denver, but I'd go to Denver 100 times out of a 100 instead of going to Gillette.

I ain't askeert of no Patriots*. :shake02:

The only way they have a shot is if they wear their throwbacks against us. :wink02:

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/legacy_images/stampedeblue/images/admin/Patriotsnewlogo.jpg

The_Joker
12-05-2012, 04:43 PM

The only way they have a shot is if they wear their throwbacks against us. :wink02:

:drink:

SteelersCanada
12-05-2012, 04:45 PM

If they had to come into Heinz, they'd get rolled over. For whatever reason, we don't ever do well in Gillette - it's the bane of the Steelers. That fact alone is why I'd be a little antsy to play them in their house , though I'd never tell my brother that.

The way you feel against the Patriots is how I feel against Houston. I'm not afraid of Matt Schaub and that mediocre - average at best - secondary. I feel like we'd do well against Houston and Denver this time around. The way our defense has been playing, Peyton and his noodle arm wouldn't do the same damage as they did week 1.

The only team that makes me nervous in the post season is New England - especially if Ike is out for any substantial amount of time.

BlaZeQuietly
12-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Constipation competition??wtf

StainlessStill
12-05-2012, 04:54 PM

Sadly? Fuck THAT. We owe those fuckers not once, but TWICE for what they did to us in our house! If it comes to it, time to return the favor!

Also, thanks to the mods for allowing us to swear and stuff. I've been using it to my advantage lol.

Buddha Bus
12-05-2012, 04:56 PM
For whatever reason, we don't ever do well in Gillette - it's the bane of the Steelers.

It's called "videotaped footage". It wouldn't help them as much this time as they haven't played us this season and we have a new offense and improved secondary. Brady doesn't have William Gay, Bryant McFadden, and Anthony Smith to torch in the secondary anymore.

I still ain't askeert. http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2815/14/51/45/smiles/131212936.gif

nj1923steelgirl
12-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Right now Denver.....

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-05-2012, 08:09 PM
I may be a selfish fan for saying so-- but I'd rather they go through Foxboro and bring that house down. I guess I should be wishing for the Steelers to get the easiest road to the SB (whcih would be who?), but I think it is high time the Steelers even the score.

Back in the day, we couldn't beat NE at all. But now, we have them figured out-- use Brady's own gameplan against him. Dink and dunk them to death, run the ball, keep Brady off the field, and play him phsycial when he is on the field.

BlaZeQuietly
12-05-2012, 08:24 PM
For me,

1. Houston 6/10
2. Baltimore 6.5/10
3. New England 8.5/10
4. Denver 7.25/10
-----------------
5. Indianapolis 2/10
6. Pittsburgh (with Ben 100%) 7/10
-----------------
7. Cincinnati 5/10

what i think will playing ei

1 Houston
2 Denver
3 New England
4. Ravens
5. Steelers
6. Colts

Houston Denver and New England are Well roudnded teams that would be very good competition, Colts will probably get knocked out in the first round a along with Ravens

AFC champoionship, its really up in the air. Depends on the Seeding in the play offs. Houston is all around a great team, they like hey could take it all
Denver just keeps getting better I give the a good chance to make it..
New England is on fire but they tend to run the score up even after the other team is dejected', so the blow outs don't impress me THAT much there are other teams that could do that but dont

Houston is scary, might be the most rounnded team team in football
New England is always a threat, but this year they they've better of a defense.

Denver is exactly what it should be a good D and future hall of fammer perhaps, serious AFC contendors.

Now here is where it gets trickey
Steelers are 4 If they are healthy.
Ravens
Colts

ChristianKustomz
12-05-2012, 08:33 PM
I think Denver, Baltimore, Patriots and Houston.

Manning has always been a thorn in our side even when we had our first string players in. He's dangerous with the long accurate down field throws and completions. Baltimore because...well there's no reason for it...they are like a hemeroid that keeps coming back. Patriots because as much as Tom (cry baby) Brady is a little *#%#^ he does have some pretty good talent and their team is still pretty young and strong and Houston last because I don't see their game plays being difficult to read and break apart.

lardlad
12-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Bring them all on. Our secondary is greatly improved and we are getting healthier up front!!

Even bitch Brady doesn't worry me. With our DB's playing like Saran Wrap, he'll be worrying about his knee with Deebo is coming on. Worilds is playing fine, Woodley is getting healthier, Ben is coming back, A Brown is on the mend, our o-line s getting tight. F-em, I'm feeling strong, they all should be worried about our guys!! If we make the playoffs, this will be the best WC team ever. They are a few plays in a couple dumb ass games away from winning the division. The Steelers are for real the Rats are pretenders and everyone else should be looking over their shoulders.

BlaZeQuietly
12-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Andrew luck is such a beast though I can see legend written all over him, But I dont' think this is gonna his wear for the superbowl

BlaZeQuietly
12-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Bring them all on. Our secondary is greatly improved and we are getting healthier up front!!

Even bitch Brady doesn't worry me. With our DB's playing like Saran Wrap, he'll be worrying about his knee with Deebo is coming on. Worilds is playing fine, Woodley is getting healthier, Ben is coming back, A Brown is on the mend, our o-line s getting tight. F-em, I'm feeling strong, they all should be worried about our guys!! If we make the playoffs, this will be the best WC team ever. They are a few plays in a couple dumb ass games away from winning the division. The Steelers are for real the Rats are pretenders and everyone else should be looking over their shoulders.

you hit the nail on the head

BlaZeQuietly
12-05-2012, 09:18 PM
you hit the nail on the head

So far we've beaten the Giants Bengles Skins and ravens, so we should not be over looked.

desertsteel
12-06-2012, 04:12 AM
I'm not impressed with NE. If we don't make it, I see the Broncos going for the AFC.

The_Joker
12-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Don't be to cocky, but don't doubt us either.

steeltheone
12-06-2012, 05:33 AM
I may be a selfish fan for saying so-- but I'd rather they go through Foxboro and bring that house down. I guess I should be wishing for the Steelers to get the easiest road to the SB (whcih would be who?), but I think it is high time the Steelers even the score.

Back in the day, we couldn't beat NE at all. But now, we have them figured out-- use Brady's own gameplan against him. Dink and dunk them to death, run the ball, keep Brady off the field, and play him phsycial when he is on the field.

Until we beat them in a playoff game, i'm not sure we have them " figured out "

WVABE
12-06-2012, 06:51 AM
1. Denver
2. Houston
3. N.E.
4. Ratbirds

No matter how it happens, gotta see the Steelers/Ratbirds in the playoffs.
Superbowl aint shit, humiliating the Turds in the playoffs is good enough for me.
(just flappin' my jawz, get #7.)

torpedoshell31
12-06-2012, 07:15 AM
The NFL network's playoff predictor has us going to Baltimore in the first round and beating the Ravens at their house, but they have us losing at Houston the following week. Their final prediction is Patriots over the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

maddog78
12-06-2012, 08:10 AM
The Texans are the most complete team in the AFC. The Patriots have no defense and a horizontal passing game. Denver is 2nd because of home field and their defense, Baltimore 3rd, then NE.

NE is a fraud in a weak division. Again.

VaDave
12-06-2012, 08:14 AM
I agree with health being the biggest obstical to our SuperBowl aspirations. If, and this is a big if, if we are healthy, we can play with anybody.

That said, we got 4 more games to play first that will decide if we even get into the playoffs. It's a little early for playoff speculation. Fun, but a little early....

teegre
12-06-2012, 08:46 AM
I agree with health being the biggest obstical to our SuperBowl aspirations. If, and this is a big if, if we are healthy, we can play with anybody.

That said, we got 4 more games to play first that will decide if we even get into the playoffs. It's a little early for playoff speculation. Fun, but a little early....

That is exactly what I meant: PITT's biggest obstacle is themselves (specifically, their ability to stay healthy). With BB back, NO ONE scares me.

I agree with the second part, too.

steelfury02
12-06-2012, 10:43 AM
one thing is for sure IMO - one of the bye teams, Houston or NE, is going to get bounced right away. They, including Denver, have been riding really high for a really long stretch. I think Houston has peaked way too soon - and injuries are starting to mount for them again. New England turned to Edelman or whatever his name is, after Gronk was gone. Now, I believe Edelman is on IR now too. They are losing weapons on O left and right. Who do they have left, Welker, Hernandez - is Woodhead still there? how about Branch? Out of that entire group - Welker can do the most damage, but he'll start droppin shit once he gets popped a few times.

Rotorhead
12-06-2012, 11:20 AM
NE doesnt worry me at all, Denver did until they lost McGahee, he was a big part of their offense and it is a big dropoff without him. But their Def is playing very well. Houston is well rounded so its a toss up between Denver and Houston. Indy, Cincy and Ratbirds are def a step below the top 3 and us when healthy.

Fire Arians
12-06-2012, 11:40 AM
new england or houston

if ike taylor returns & is healthy NE won't scare me much. houston is a very good team in all phases and will be hard to beat, however.

Edman
12-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Houston and Denver are the scariest teams in the AFC. If the Steelers aren't in the AFC Title Game/ Bowl, it's likely going to be these two. Houston can do it all and going to Denver isn't fun either. Both teams can do one important thing: Play Defense.

New England is getting bounced early. Once again punched a free ticket to the postseason thanks to their terrible division. They're the same old Pats they've always been. Riding on the arm of Brady but their Defense is still quite bad. Whoever draws New England won't face much trouble.

Baltimore isn't that good either. They're not a bad team, but they're not that impressive either. Charlie Batch exposed them Sunday. Their Defense has fallen off a cliff and they still have Bert as their QB. Houston smashed them, New England nearly beat them, The Steelers backups gave them fits and they're playing the Broncos in a few weeks.

Besides the Texans and Broncos. The only thing stopping the Steelers is the Steelers themselves, and that's the biggest thing I'm worried about since this team has shot itself in the foot and has had terrible luck with injuries.

Steel_Bus_24
12-06-2012, 12:52 PM
All of em should worry us,

The Steelers took a big step last week, but there is still loads of building left to do before they're ready to take it to those teams

Lets hope that the loss to Clev set the fire off inside of them. And they maintain it.

desertsteel
12-06-2012, 04:58 PM
All of em should worry us,
Well they DON'T.

They need to be worrying about the Steelers...

BlaZeQuietly
12-07-2012, 04:17 PM
I must have been trashed when I made my earlier posts on this thread because I don't remember posting and some of them don't make sense. Denver is our toughest competition especially if we have to play there. One thing I have noticed about teams "like" New England is we tend to turn it into "our kind of game" we don't let them score 45 points and it ends up being a low scoring game which ultimately ends up in our favor. The Broncos are really looking good this year. If the steelers are 100% healthy, I still think the Broncos have the edge over us. That's it though. We're getting ben back, I'd bet the farm on beating San Diego this weekend, and once we get our record up to 8-5 everyone will have us up near the top in the "power rankings" again. Seeing our favorable schedule the rest of the way I could see us 11-5 and a 5 seed going into the play offs.

Hawaii 5-0
12-07-2012, 04:28 PM
I must have been trashed when I made my earlier posts on this thread because I don't remember posting and some of them don't make sense.

yeah, we noticed...:coffee:

FrancoLambert
12-07-2012, 09:07 PM
I can make a case for a healthy Steeler team beating everyone except Denver in Denver.
No Clark again, Manning getting into a groove with Thomas who we can't seem to cover, the trip, the altitude.
And most importantly the recent history.
They beat us with Tebow last year....now they have Manning......that's a big upgrade.

RichardCullinanForever
12-07-2012, 11:05 PM
From toughest to least toughest. I think we can handle the bottom 3. We would have to play really good against Denver to beat them. And we would have to play flawless against New England to have a shot. Anything is possible. Let's just get hot in the month of December and go from there.

1. New England
2. Denver
3. Housten
4. Ravens
5. Colts

PATS16N0
12-08-2012, 12:58 AM
The Pats will smash you into black and yellow jelly and it won't be pretty.
Just the facts.

harrison'samonster
12-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Just the facts.

yeah, well that's kind of like, your opinion.

Buddha Bus
12-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Just the facts.

:rofl:

I love it when drunk people post nonsense.

teegre
12-08-2012, 11:01 AM
yeah, well that's kind of like, your opinion.

You want a toe?... I can get you a toe.

Edman
12-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Just the facts.

Yeah, just like the Pats made jelly last year.

Buddha Bus
12-09-2012, 05:52 AM
Yeah, just like the Pats made jelly last year.

He probably also believes his team crushed the Ravens in the AFCCG last year too. :wink02: