PDA

View Full Version : Ben Will Start Sunday

skinart82
12-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Steelers Gameday Plus: Roethlisberger will start vs. Chargers | http://bit.ly/UhhqkY
http://blog.steelers.com/2012/12/06/roethlisberger-will-start-vs-chargers/

stb_steeler
12-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Hope its not to soon!

Steel_Bus_24
12-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Any word on The Colon

Buddha Bus
12-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Any word on The Colon

It's regular. Oh, you mean..... :doh:

Buddha Bus
12-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Any word on The Colon

Colon, Brown & Wallace practice
Posted by Teresa Varley on December 6, 2012 – 4:24 pm

Tackle Willie Colon was back at practice on Thursday and is hoping to play this Sunday against the San Diego Chargers.

“I feel good, I feel real good,” said Colon. “I ran around, I was able to pull, do the necessary things I needed to do. I will see how it reacts tomorrow and try to go this Sunday.”

Colon missed the last two games after a bruise on his knee swelled up.

“I had to drain it a couple of times,” said Colon, who said he thinks it will be a game time decision whether he plays this week or not.

(Read More:) http://blog.steelers.com/2012/12/06/colon-brown-wallace-practice/

Hawaii 5-0
12-06-2012, 05:36 PM
It's regular. Oh, you mean..... :doh:

:rofl:

OX1947
12-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Do we really want colon back? I liked the protection all game long in the B-More game and it was nice not having an idiot get a penalty for holding once a quarter.

Blacksburg Zach
12-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Do we really want colon back? I liked the protection all game long in the B-More game and it was nice not having an idiot get a penalty for holding once a quarter.

It was also nice not having an idiot get penalized for cursing at an official.

torpedoshell31
12-06-2012, 06:37 PM
I saw that on NFL 32 (ESPN) this evening, Ben was named the toughest QB in the NFL. They named Jay Cutler the toughest in the NFC, but had Ben the toughest in the league. (Jay Cutler?)

OX1947
12-06-2012, 07:44 PM
It was also nice not having an idiot get penalized for cursing at an official.

True dat

ETL
12-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Ben starting.

PRO: steelers have better chance to win; Ben shakes off some rust; we may be in the running to win division if Ravens lose to Redskins ....

CON: Ben re-injures shoulder and ribs and is out for the season.

Brett Cottrell
12-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Any word on The Colon

I can't believe I never thought of this before. Genius!:hatsoff:

SteelersCanada
12-06-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm on the fence about whether or not I'd like to see DeCastro in at guard here. I mean, if he's healthy he should be playing right now.

Starks - DeCastro - Pouncey - Foster - Beachum

That line is already better than the one we had last week, I'm just not sure if I'd start Colon over DeCastro anymore. I know it's David's wrong side, but he's still a hell'uva guard and could do well at LG I assume. If not, throw Foster on the left side and put David in at RG. Either of these situations is makes a great line for Ben - especially after coming back from an injury.

SoCalFan
12-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Doug did a stellar job at center!

No surprise at Ben coming back! They need a special gameplan against the bolts, basically what I have been known for yelling at the TV for years annoying the family, "RUN THE FUCKIN BALL"!!!

Hawaii 5-0
12-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Doug did a stellar job at center!

yes he did, Legursky is a much better center than he is a guard.

SteelersCanada
12-06-2012, 08:41 PM
You don't pound the rock when you have Roethlisberger as your starting quarterback and Jonathan Dwyer as your running back. You throw to your wide receivers who actually deserve to be starting.

ChristianKustomz
12-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Is anyone else a bit concerned with the return of BB? I listened to an interview recently by Ben and he stated how he plays through a tremendous amount of pain sometimes. It makes me wonder if he's forcing himself to come back for his teams sake when e is not fully healed. Is it worth the risk?

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Do we really want colon back?

I hope you are joking.

I liked the protection all game long in the B-More game and it was nice not having an idiot get a penalty for holding once a quarter.

Yeah, it would be nice to average a little mroe than 3 yards per carry though. They could not open running lanes to save their lives.

Riddle_Of_Steel
12-06-2012, 09:04 PM
You don't pound the rock when you have Roethlisberger as your starting quarterback and Jonathan Dwyer as your running back. You throw to your wide receivers who actually deserve to be starting.

Except when your QB is three weeks removed from having his aorta nearly punctured by one of his floating ribs....

The more pressure they can take off Ben's plate this week-- the better. Historically, he struggles a bit when returning from a major injury. Hopefully not this week.

They need to be able to run the ball. We need The Colon back and Pouncey playing where he belongs at C.

SteelersCanada
12-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Except when your QB is three weeks removed from having his aorta nearly punctured by one of his floating ribs....

The more pressure they can take off Ben's plate this week-- the better. Historically, he struggles a bit when returning from a major injury. Hopefully not this week.

They need to be able to run the ball. We need The Colon back and Pouncey playing where he belongs at C.

If there was any serious risk of reinjury, he wouldn't be playing. We can't run the ball like we're all asking and expecting to. We don't have a legitimate running back on this roster - period. I agree that it would be nice to run it, but I don't know if Dwyer is going to have any great success in doing so because he hasn't all year.

Agreed on Pouncey playing at C. People are acting like Colon has been playing poorly all year - he's actually played above our expectations.

LVSteelersfan
12-06-2012, 09:28 PM
People who think Legursky is the answer at Center are delusional. We have had more QB sacks straight up the middle when he is in there than any other Center. Sorry, but he is a career backup for a reason. Colon is a mauler. Legursky barely holds his own in there.

GoFor7
12-06-2012, 09:38 PM
If there was any serious risk of reinjury, he wouldn't be playing. We can't run the ball like we're all asking and expecting to. We don't have a legitimate running back on this roster - period. I agree that it would be nice to run it, but I don't know if Dwyer is going to have any great success in doing so because he hasn't all year.

Agreed on Pouncey playing at C. People are acting like Colon has been playing poorly all year - he's actually played above our expectations.

BOOOOOOOOO! Yinz all hear what dis Airhead luver is sayin'? He wants da stillers throwin' da ball around n'at like one a dem sissy teams! BOOOOOOO! Ah don't even know why Ben is still on da team! He only cares 'bout dem stats a his! He ain't a real stiller! Cut him and run da ball like dey did back in da 90's under Cah-er! Dats real stillers football!!!!!!!!! :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

teegre
12-06-2012, 11:25 PM
BOOOOOOOOO! Yinz all hear what dis Airhead luver is sayin'? He wants da stillers throwin' da ball around n'at like one a dem sissy teams! BOOOOOOO! Ah don't even know why Ben is still on da team! He only cares 'bout dem stats a his! He ain't a real stiller! Cut him and run da ball like dey did back in da 90's under Cah-er! Dats real stillers football!!!!!!!!! :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

Do you EVER post anything worth reading?

GoFor7
12-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Do you EVER post anything worth reading?

I wanted to be the first to get in a knee-jerk reaction to someone who dare suggest passing more!

Hawaii 5-0
12-06-2012, 11:42 PM
Is anyone else a bit concerned with the return of BB? I listened to an interview recently by Ben and he stated how he plays through a tremendous amount of pain sometimes. It makes me wonder if he's forcing himself to come back for his teams sake when e is not fully healed. Is it worth the risk?

nah, Ben is just a drama queen...:grin:

ETL
12-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Guys, I am not liking this at all. I read that he's wearing some special Kevlar apparatus to help protect his shoulder / rib area. Two things about this bother me. One is that he will probably throw a little awkwardly because he's wearing something in his upper body that he's not used to and second - there probably is a significant risk of injury if they want him to wear this.

I just hope he comes through this game ok.

Hawaii 5-0
12-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Guys, I am not liking this at all. I read that he's wearing some special Kevlar apparatus to help protect his shoulder / rib area. Two things about this bother me. One is that he will probably throw a little awkwardly because he's wearing something in his upper body that he's not used to and second - there probably is a significant risk of injury if they want him to wear this.

Steelers' Roethlisberger to start against Chargers

By WILL GRAVES
— Dec. 6

PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't taking any chances with their franchise quarterback's sprained right shoulder and dislocated rib.

Though the Steelers confirmed Ben Roethlisberger will return to the starting lineup on Sunday against San Diego after missing three weeks due to injury, Roethlisberger will take the field with a little extra protection.

Roethlisberger will play with a custom fit rib/chest compression shirt and a layer of Kevlar-lined composite in his shoulder pads to help absorb hits to his clavicle and shoulder joint regions.

The padding, made by Unequal Technologies, has grown popular across the NFL. Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick wore a similar compression shirt after injuring his ribs a few years ago and dozens of players — including Pittsburgh safety Troy Polamalu and linebacker James Harrison — use Unequal CRT in their helmets.

The padding — about a half-inch thick— in Roethlisberger's shoulder pads is similar to the gear the company puts in its chest protectors for baseball catchers. Roethlisberger said last week his shoulder pads had been "juiced up" by the team trainers.

Whatever he's wearing, the Steelers (7-5) are eager to have him back on the field. Roethlisberger took "90 percent" of the first-team snaps on Thursday without any major issues.

"He looks like himself for the most part," offensive coordinator Todd Haley said. "Now I don't know what he's feeling when he's doing some of those things. But it looks like he's moving around pretty good."

Roethlisberger said he felt "good" but declined to expand. Haley doesn't expect there to be any limitations to the playbook though he joked he might not call as many designed run plays for his quarterback, who never met a play he didn't like to extend.

"I think he understands his body better than anybody," Haley said. "He's the one that's got to make the decisions and we'll just try to put him in the best positions to succeed."

The Steelers went 1-2 in Roethlisberger's absence, including a 23-20 victory over Baltimore last week behind backup Charlie Batch. While Batch's steady performance against the Ravens kept Pittsburgh's playoff hopes alive, the team hopes to hit its stride with a healthy Roethlisberger under center.

"When Ben's in it's just a whole different level of game planning and things that teams have to do just to compensate for how athletic he is," wide receiver Mike Wallace said. "I think he brings a dimension to the team that nobody else can bring."

http://pro32.ap.org/content/steelers-roethlisberger-start-against-chargers

Steel_Bus_24
12-07-2012, 12:17 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz0UP8UpJXjUAMUg5uihzcz7BJZ_b2A vaZgDSm0Y-AUcIdMRlz

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe8imjiApxOYr_vXu9jCfCr21cL1SxL HhXK7ZsGvdIKj9HsbrpsQ

Bens New Uniform choices

tony hipchest
12-07-2012, 12:55 AM
I wanted to be the first to get in a knee-jerk reaction to someone who dare suggest passing more!

ueywqUBW3oM

im pretty sure your continual lame attempts to mock pittsburgher's accents just makes you a tiresome troll. :yawn:

:coffee:

and before you falsely label me as a "yinzer" (yet again) i am from the southwest and proudly speak with a distinct spanglish twang. :tt02:

GoFor7
12-07-2012, 09:47 AM
im pretty sure your continual lame attempts to mock pittsburgher's accents just makes you a tiresome troll. :yawn:

It sure does get a response though. :drink:

SoCalFan
12-07-2012, 11:20 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz0UP8UpJXjUAMUg5uihzcz7BJZ_b2A vaZgDSm0Y-AUcIdMRlz

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe8imjiApxOYr_vXu9jCfCr21cL1SxL HhXK7ZsGvdIKj9HsbrpsQ

Bens New Uniform choices

Give him the bat suit!!!:tt03:

Where does the bolts pass rush rank? Do they even have a single sack artist?

teegre
12-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Give him the bat suit!!!:tt03:

Where does the bolts pass rush rank? Do they even have a single sack artist?

Shaun Phillips is no James Harrison, but he's pretty darn good. He gets doubled-teamed a lot, because there has been a revolving door of players on the opposite side.

Their defense is young & fast.

Weddle is the biggest concern; he's really good.

teegre
12-07-2012, 02:04 PM
It sure does get a response though. :drink:

To quote Chris Rock: "You can drive with your feel, but that doesn't make it a good fuckin' idea."

Hawaii 5-0
12-07-2012, 03:42 PM
To quote Chris Rock: "You can drive with your feel, but that doesn't make it a good fuckin' idea."

:chuckle:

WVABE
12-07-2012, 05:17 PM
:applaudit: yea, Chris-Rocks.

StainlessStill
12-07-2012, 05:57 PM
What Ben wears under his uniform every Sunday:

http://www.nerdko.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/superman-man-of-steel-costume-11.jpg

GoFor7
12-07-2012, 11:29 PM

But in a way I prevented this thread from going too far off topic. This was about to turn into another pass/run ratio argument, then I came in and made everyone realize they didn't want to go there.

You're welcome. :drink:

teegre
12-08-2012, 12:17 AM
But in a way I prevented this thread from going too far off topic. This was about to turn into another pass/run ratio argument, then I came in and made everyone realize they didn't want to go there.

You're welcome. :drink:

No.

This thread "might" have gone a million different directions, but you assured asininity. So, here we are, once again, discussing YOU & your passive-aggressive INSULTS (as opposed to discussing ANYTHING Steelers related).

Hence, I iterate:
Do you ever post ANYTHING worth reading?

Lady Steel
12-08-2012, 10:25 PM
What Ben wears under his uniform every Sunday:

http://www.nerdko.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/superman-man-of-steel-costume-11.jpg

Sweet! I love it!

SteelerEmpire
12-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Sweet! I love it!

IF it was me (im just an active duty Navy war vet...) I would just GO FOR IT ... like NIKE said... Go for my 5 Super Bowl Rings... 2 Down... and now time to rumble and grumble Steeler style !!! NOBODY does it better !!!!!!!!!!!