PDA

View Full Version : Eating My Words About Timmons

Steelers5895
12-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Before the season started I was very harsh on Timmons. I am happy to say this year he is playing like a first round pick and I am glad I am eating my words. He has been disruptive and is the reason our defense is playing as great as it is.

lets hope it keeps up!!!

SteelersCanada
12-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Toss up between him and Clark for defensive MVP. He's having that kind of year.

austinfrench76
12-07-2012, 12:42 AM
He has earned the criticism. He looked at times to be playing with no energy and like a guy that didn't care. NOW??? The guys a beast and has stepped up big time. Excited for the rest of the season.

Fire Arians
12-07-2012, 12:53 AM
i didn't think he was earning his money early this season, but now he is. glad he's stepping it up!

ricardisimo
12-07-2012, 01:20 AM
Maybe I'm imagining it, but I'd swear I've never seen this many people owning their words on these boards. It's always welcome, fo' shizzle.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Toss up between him and Clark for defensive MVP. He's having that kind of year.

Foote could also be in this conversation. He has seemingly found the fountain of youth.

BlaZeQuietly
12-07-2012, 04:06 PM
In my opinion he is our most valuable player on defense, he is downright gnarly!

torpedoshell31
12-07-2012, 04:55 PM
I think that both Clark and Timmons will make the Pro Bowl. I just hope they won't be playing in the game because we'll be in the Super Bowl.

harrison'samonster
12-07-2012, 05:13 PM
I've had my doubts about Timmons as well. Glad to see him having a good year.

SH-Rock
12-07-2012, 05:15 PM
His 2010 season was amazing, his production went down last year because he was moved outside. Now that he's back inside he's getting back to form he was before.

jb500ex
12-07-2012, 07:20 PM
its funny you write this after he was absolutely horrible last week. he got owned and out of position the entire game. but hey he does have a couple ints this year so he must be great. he is a middle of the road ilb at best. but he was drafted rd1 and paid 10 mill a year so if you people are happoy with that the raiders have a tea,m full of those giuys

jb500ex
12-07-2012, 07:21 PM
I think that both Clark and Timmons will make the Pro Bowl. I just hope they won't be playing in the game because we'll be in the Super Bowl.

timmons wont come close there are several guys who are better

Hawaii 5-0
12-07-2012, 07:38 PM

Timmons only ranks 60th in the NFL in tackles and has only 1 sack, those are not the kinds of numbers that will get you into the Pro Bowl.

dreegking
12-08-2012, 02:44 AM
Timmons is a fine ilb. Certainly better than average. When Foote is done after next year, he'll be in his spot. His ideal position IMO. Spence will move into Timmons old spot after next year and flourish. It's only gonna get even better folks.

JewniorGong
12-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Timmons only ranks 60th in the NFL in tackles and has only 1 sack, those are not the kinds of numbers that will get you into the Pro Bowl.

They get Manti Te'o Heisman consideration :noidea:

Hawaii 5-0
12-08-2012, 06:31 PM
They get Manti Te'o Heisman consideration :noidea:

Te'o has 103 tackles and 7 interceptions this season while Timmons has 73 tackles and 3 interceptions.

plus, Te'o is benefitting from playing on the #1 ranked team in the nation which has thrust him into the national spotlight.

OX1947
12-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Steelers have all of a sudden become really LB heavy in talent this year. Harrision, Wood, Worilds, Foote, Timmons, and Spence is a great set. The DBs have become stacked. Steelers have slowly improved every week and I can not wait when everyone is healthy towards the end of the year. I can only imagine how much better the LBs would be if Spence hadnt blown out his knee.

Steeldude
12-09-2012, 03:45 AM
Foote could also be in this conversation. He has seemingly found the fountain of youth.

He wasn't anything when he was younger. Foote is too often waiting for carrier, taking bad angles or completely out of the picture. Sure he makes plays/tackles, but so does every other LB in the NFL.

It's unfortunate Spence ended up being injured. I was hoping he would show something this year so he could start in 2013.

ricardisimo
12-09-2012, 03:54 AM
He wasn't anything when he was younger. Foote is too often waiting for carrier, taking bad angles or completely out of the picture. Sure he makes plays/tackles, but so does every other LB in the NFL.

It's unfortunate Spence ended up being injured. I was hoping he would show something this year so he could start in 2013.
I think he'll probably still start next year. Then again, Tomlin's love of veterans might bring Foote back yet again.

dcsteel5804
12-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Who do we have at this point to replace Foote? Suan Spence? Stevenson Sylvester?

This is why, in my very humble opinion (IMVHO), I thought we should have taken Hightower in the first round this year. I know DeCastro was a steal at that spot, but the more pressing need was ILB, which we have no replacement for a guy on the way down.

At least Ramon Foster is decent enough to start for the next couple years. He's no pro-bowler, but he get the job done more often than not. Oh well, thats just my opinion, but it will be interesting to see what happen in the next for years with the spot next to Timmons.

SteelersCanada
12-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Who do we have at this point to replace Foote? Suan Spence? Stevenson Sylvester?

This is why, in my very humble opinion (IMVHO), I thought we should have taken Hightower in the first round this year. I know DeCastro was a steal at that spot, but the more pressing need was ILB, which we have no replacement for a guy on the way down.

There's better ILB's in the later rounds of this draft than Hightower. For example, take his former teammate Nico Johnson. I'd take Nico over Dont'a any day of the week in terms of athleticism and ceiling. Hightower might have already peaked which is a scary thought.

Of course, if Ogletree decides to come out in this draft then we really don't have a choice if he's sitting there on the board. Ogletree is the only guy I'd take over Jordan and Montgomery because of how talented he is and the need he fills.

DeCastro was the best pick of the draft - no question.