PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Suggs surrenders firearms and gets married

Buddha Bus
12-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Terrell Suggs surrenders firearms
Updated: December 7, 2012, 11:55 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs had to surrender several firearms stemming from a domestic case involving his girlfriend, Suggs' attorney told the Baltimore Sun on Thursday.

Warren Alperstein told the Sun that Candace Williams, Suggs' longtime girlfriend and mother of his two children, filed a court order in November, but Alperstein declined to provide further details.

"The guns were surrendered over to police pursuant to the court order, and they (Suggs and Williams) are resolving their issues," Alperstein told the Sun. "All I can tell you is that he's in rightful and lawful possession of the guns but turned them over pursuant to the requirements of the law."

Court records indicate Suggs filed a custody complaint against Williams on Nov. 19, and that Williams filed her complaint after that, Alperstein told the Sun.

Two 911 calls were received from Suggs' address on Nov. 21, but did not yield any reports, Baltimore County police told the Sun.

The Ravens organization and Suggs both declined comment, according to the newspaper.

The Suggs news comes less than a week after Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher fatally shot his girlfriend shortly before killing himself with a gun in front of his coach and general manager at Arrowhead Stadium.

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8722433/terrell-suggs-baltimore-ravens-forced-surrender-firearms-part-domestic-case-according-report

BlaZeQuietly
12-07-2012, 04:42 PM
thats one scary horse

The_Joker
12-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Fucking scumbag. Makes the Ravens look worse.

Who thought that was possible?

ChristianKustomz
12-07-2012, 11:28 PM
News reporters report Terrell Suggs has had to surrender all his hand guns to police for the time being till the police are done their investigation for domestic abuse/violence against him.

Baltimore Ravens are pure garbage and have trash on their team. What a bunch of cesspool for team mates. Pure filth and this is just further proof. I think he was still mad over us beating his butt on last Sunday's game. Suggs is a real piece of muck. He is a waste of life.

Championship teams have their stuff together off the field as well as on it. That's why Pittsburgh are champions and Ravens are just pure Baltimore hooker trash. Is there anyone on that team not a thug or a criminal?

What a disgrace to football!

SteelCityMom
12-07-2012, 11:55 PM
News reporters report Terrell Suggs has had to surrender all his hand guns to police for the time being till the police are done their investigation for domestic abuse/violence against him.

Baltimore Ravens are pure garbage and have trash on their team. What a bunch of cesspool for team mates. Pure filth and this is just further proof. I think he was still mad over us beating his butt on last Sunday's game. Suggs is a real piece of muck. He is a waste of life.

Championship teams have their stuff together off the field as well as on it. That's why Pittsburgh are champions and Ravens are just pure Baltimore hooker trash. Is there anyone on that team not a thug or a criminal?

Hey, I don't particularly like Suggs either...but you do know Harrison has pled guilty to domestic violence as well, right?

It also happened before the second Steelers game.

I'm pretty sure there's a thread on this in the nfl section as well.

tanda10506
12-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Are the details out on it? If not, don't jump to conclusions. First off, men are always the suspect in any domestic violence situation unless there's tremendously clear evidence otherwise. Second, look at Elvis Dummerville and Adrian Peterson, they had some felony charges brought against them and it ended up that neither one of them was guilty of doing anything and a case was not even brought. Suggs seems like a dbag, but players seem to be having legal issues that end up being nothing, and I'm sure Belcher's murder/suicide has police a bit nervous when dealing with a large football player.

Hawaii 5-0
12-08-2012, 12:10 AM

Christian,

when posting an article not really Steelers related you should go to the Forums page and click on NFL Football in the General Football section and post it there.

if you had gone there first you would have found that this has already been posted there.

OX1947
12-08-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm sorry if I am being out of line here, but was I the only one that read the title of the post at first glance with "Suggs surrenders his gums"? Because, when I did, I was thinking in that mil-second, wow, that's pretty noble.

desertsteel
12-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Hey, I don't particularly like Suggs either...but you do know Harrison has pled guilty to domestic violence as well, right?

Yeah really... let's watch the throwing stones, even if it is at a ratbird

Hawaii 5-0
12-08-2012, 12:55 AM
I'm sorry if I am being out of line here, but was I the only one that read the title of the post at first glance with "Suggs surrenders his gums"? Because, when I did, I was thinking in that mil-second, wow, that's pretty noble.

yeah, when I first read the thread title I initially thought Suggs was making some kind of a gun control statement in the wake of the Jovan Belcher incident.

Vis
12-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Terrell Suggs' longtime girlfriend claimed in a protective order filed last month that the Ravens' Pro Bowl outside linebacker punched her in the neck and drove a car containing their two children at a "high rate of speed" while she was being dragged alongside.

The reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year has since been ordered to turn over seven guns, including an AK-47, according to a temporary protective order granted by the Baltimore County Circuit Court. Suggs does not face criminal charges related to the alleged early September incident.

Candace Williams filed the temporary protective order requesting that Suggs not abuse, threaten, harass or contact her, according to the document obtained by The Baltimore Sun on Friday.

Williams filed the order on Nov. 20, a day after Suggs filed a custody complaint alleging Williams had endangered the children on multiple occasions.

"I'm fully aware of the content of her complaint," Suggs' attorney, Warren Alperstein, said. "Terrell has fully complied with the court order. There has been absolutely no finding by any court that Mr. Suggs committed any wrongdoing. As it stands now, this is a temporary order that we are confident will favorably resolve for Mr. Suggs in the very near future."

Ravens director of team security Darren Sanders denied that Suggs' firearms included an AK-47, but he confirmed that one of the guns was a shotgun.

Under state law, a judge is authorized to order someone to surrender firearms if they find there are reasonable grounds to believe the person seeking a protective order has been abused. It is not a finding of guilt and the other party does not have to be present at the hearing.

"In this case, no allegations have been made that any weapon has ever been used," Alperstein said. "Terrell continues to deny the allegations."

Attorneys for Williams declined to comment Thursday.

Suggs issued the following statement Friday through his publicist: "My fiance and I have two beautiful children together whom we both love and care for tremendously. The personal issues that the two of us have faced recently have been addressed in a responsible and adult manner and have been resolved. I am certain that we will get through this matter and move forward as a happy family."

Ravens coach John Harbaugh had nothing to say Friday about the legal situation involving Suggs, saying: "It's a personal matter."

Baltimore County police said two calls to 911 were placed from Suggs' address on Nov. 21, though no reports were taken.
Under the protective order, Williams was granted exclusive use of a 2008 Hummer and Suggs was ordered to pay emergency family maintenance in the amount of $40,000 per month, starting Nov. 20, at the office of her lawyer, Charles E. Brooks.

In Suggs' complaint against Williams asking for immediate custody of the couple's son and daughter, he alleged that she is verbally abusive to the children, smokes marijuana while they're in the home and utilizes corporal punishment against them.

Suggs added that Williams took the children away from the home just prior to his travel for an away game, saying that to "not inform him of their whereabouts is of grave concern and further evidence of defendant's intention to deny plaintiff access to his children."

In a previous incident involving the pair, Williams alleged that on December 2009 Suggs, "held me down on the floor and poured bleach on me and our son, held me down on the floor and kicked my face and broke my nose. Throughout our relationship since early 2007, he has punched me in the face and stomach and threatened to take the children from me if I left him. He stole my ID so I could not leave."

Williams was granted a protective order, which was later rescinded roughly a month later after the couple reconciled and she dropped a $70 million lawsuit against the NFL star.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-suggs-turned-over-guns-after-temporary-protective-order-granted-to-girlfriend-20121207,0,144359.story

ChristianKustomz
12-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks 5.0. I didn't realize this would belong in the general football section. I spend most of my time in this section so my bad. Maybe one of the mods could move this to the appropriate section for me.

To the other responses: yes it may be jumping the gun but this isn't a first for Suggs and looking at his personality, his aggressiveness and overall attitude it wouldn't surprise me if he did do it. There is nothing nice about him. Everything he does is with selfish motives or is about publicity or money. He even said it himself. So I have no respect for that phony. He is disrespectful and just a dbag as someone put it.

Yeah Harrison hurt but he's with us so how hard can we be on the guy. (double standard...yes)

Overall they players have a ton of money and can buy the best attorneys who can fanegal their way out of most things or plee bargain amazingly. Most players are guilty they just get off on technicalities. Look at Ray Lewis. I know many will disagree with me but I still think the man was guilty and found an OJ Simpson jury. However I could be wrong. That's why they are called opinions. I just particularly spelliminate Suggs.

FrancoLambert
12-08-2012, 08:55 AM
In addition to "jumping the gun" as you put it, and by applying a "double standard" as you put it, you lose a bit of credibility. I hate Suggs, but don't make it sound like the Steelers only employ boy scouts and choir boys. We've had our share of "bad boys."

Buddha Bus
12-08-2012, 09:30 AM
This was already posted.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=94593

lardlad
12-08-2012, 09:34 AM
I really don't mind Suggs. But we've had our share of off the field issues. Cedric Wilson had a dom. abuse charge against him. As did Harrison. Ta'Amu embarrassed this team, Ben has had two run ins ( don't want to start another huge debate on this but it happened ). Bam Morris - MJ, Holmes - MJ, even ward got pulled over for a DUI.

We are not immune to these things.

JeromeBetties63
12-08-2012, 10:21 AM

I thought it meant he was having surgery on the bicep...:rofl:

Buddha Bus
12-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Terrell Suggs' girlfriend claims he punched her in neck
By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: Dec. 7, 2012 at 07:01 p.m.

We now have more details about the domestic case that prompted Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs to surrender his gun collection to authorities. It's not pretty.

According to the domestic complaint obtained Friday by The Baltimore Sun, Suggs' longtime girlfriend, Candace Williams, claimed the All-Pro punched her in the neck and dragged her alongside a speeding car with their two children in the vehicle. The woman said she suffered "severe road rash" as a result of the incident.

As is standard protocol in the wake of a complaint of this nature, Suggs was ordered to turn over any firearms in his possession. The Sun reported he turned over seven guns. WBAL-TV reported Suggs surrendered nine.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107329/article/terrell-suggs-girlfriend-claims-he-punched-her-in-neck

steveironcity
12-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Just as long as he dosent surrender them to Ray Lewis

Lady Steel
12-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Okay, so according to the temporary protective order granted by the Baltimore County Circuit Court, Suggs was ordered to turn over an AK-47.

But Ravens director of team security Darren Sanders denied that Suggs' firearms included an AK-47, but he confirmed that one of the guns was a shotgun.

So do I believe a legal document or someone affiliated with the Ravens organization?

Buddha Bus
12-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Okay, so according to the temporary protective order granted by the Baltimore County Circuit Court, Suggs was ordered to turn over an AK-47.

But Ravens director of team security Darren Sanders denied that Suggs' firearms included an AK-47, but he confirmed that one of the guns was a shotgun.

So do I believe a legal document or someone affiliated with the Ravens organization?

Let's ask Tico what he thinks. :wink02:

Honestly, does this question even need asked? :chuckle:

BleedPurple
12-09-2012, 05:12 PM

Harrison. Plaxico. Holmes. Roethlisberger.

/thread

Lady Steel
12-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Let's ask Tico what he thinks. :wink02:

Honestly, does this question even need asked? :chuckle:

I'm not asking Tico nuttin. That dog's dumb. He got it wrong this week, too. :chuckle: :tt:

Nevermore
12-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Harrison. Plaxico. Holmes. Roethlisberger.

/thread

This.

Plaxico went to jail for felony gun charges. Yeah.... the Steelers are really setting the standard for embracing only players that have no off the field issues.

:blah::blah::blah:

Atlanta Dan
12-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Wedding bells ring for Terrell Suggs:thumbsup:

Suggs wrote on his Facebook page on Saturday morning that he got married on Friday night.

“Last night I married my best friend and the love of my life. Our son gave her away and our daughter looked like a miniature version of my beautiful bride as she stood next to her. I’m a lucky, lucky man. Thank you God for all of your blessings and for showing me such amazing favor,” Suggs wrote.

According to USA Today, the wedding came three days after Suggs’ now-wife, Candace Williams, removed a protective order that she got against Suggs on November 20. When she requested that order, Williams claimed that Suggs punched her in the neck and dragged her alongside a car he was driving while their two children sat inside. That was at least the second time that Williams claimed Suggs had been violent to her in the presence of their children; in 2009 Williams claimed that Suggs threw a soap dispenser at her head, hit her in the chest with his hand, and held a bottle of bleach over her and their then-1-year-old son.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/15/terrell-suggs-marries-woman-who-accused-him-of-domestic-violence/

Glad that the 2 children of the bride and groom were able to participate in the ceremony

Vis
12-15-2012, 02:43 PM
"I have never hit my wife" will never be more true....

SteelersCanada
12-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Oh, Ravens fans. You guys have more important thing to worry about than bringing up the Steelers' issues. How about worrying about how badly Manning is going to buttfuck that secondary on Sunday? Or the fact that just after you guys are done bending over, Eli is going to come in and push Harbaugh's head right back into the pillow. For his sake, I hope he at least uses lube.

If you can't stop Charlie Batch, I can only imagine what two legitimate quarterbacks will be able to do.

Lady Steel
12-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Wedding bells ring for Terrell Suggs:thumbsup:

Suggs wrote on his Facebook page on Saturday morning that he got married on Friday night.

“Last night I married my best friend and the love of my life. Our son gave her away and our daughter looked like a miniature version of my beautiful bride as she stood next to her. I’m a lucky, lucky man. Thank you God for all of your blessings and for showing me such amazing favor,” Suggs wrote.

According to USA Today, the wedding came three days after Suggs’ now-wife, Candace Williams, removed a protective order that she got against Suggs on November 20. When she requested that order, Williams claimed that Suggs punched her in the neck and dragged her alongside a car he was driving while their two children sat inside. That was at least the second time that Williams claimed Suggs had been violent to her in the presence of their children; in 2009 Williams claimed that Suggs threw a soap dispenser at her head, hit her in the chest with his hand, and held a bottle of bleach over her and their then-1-year-old son.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/15/terrell-suggs-marries-woman-who-accused-him-of-domestic-violence/

Glad that the 2 children of the bride and groom were able to participate in the ceremony

She files for a protective order because she claims Suggs physically abused her, and then she marries him a few days later. :doh:

SteelersCanada
12-16-2012, 01:32 PM
She files for a protective order because she claims Suggs physically abused her, and then she marries him a few days later. :doh:

She's engaged to a Raven - she's obviously not the sharpest tool.