PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think if this happens.......

Midnightwriter07
08-12-2006, 02:09 PM
OK here is my Q to everyone and not sure it would work .. I am sure nothing more than a wild idea but it could be possible...

OK .. If Morey and Morgan are fighting for the last WR spot... AND IF we were going to keep Morey ... that means we would just have to cut Morgan and get nothing in return ..
now, WHAT if Humes sucks ass ( which i have no idea if he does or not in any way nor am i suggesting he will ) ... but i was thinking

If we cut Morgan and Humes is just not going to cut it ... would we possibly entertain the idea of trading Morgan to Atlanta for Duckett ( we may have to put in a late round drat pick with this ) ..

but that would give something for Morgan if we decide not to keep him ( whihc is a very real possiblilty and if they dont think Humes is going to cut mustard i was just wondering what you all thought about that.

Atlanta rejected a 5th rnd draft choice for Duckett... so maybe with a decent receiver that would sweten the deal some ..

ok thoughts ...................

MasterOfPuppets
08-12-2006, 02:22 PM
i think if/when they do get cut it will be more because of lack of roster spots more than anything else. if they wanted to add ducket then willie ,staley or haynes would have to go.

tony hipchest
08-12-2006, 02:25 PM
OK here is my Q to everyone and not sure it would work .. I am sure nothing more than a wild idea but it could be possible...

OK .. If Morey and Morgan are fighting for the last WR spot... AND IF we were going to keep Morey ... that means we would just have to cut Morgan and get nothing in return ..
now, WHAT if Humes sucks ass ( which i have no idea if he does or not in any way nor am i suggesting he will ) ... but i was thinking

If we cut Morgan and Humes is just not going to cut it ... would we possibly entertain the idea of trading Morgan to Atlanta for Duckett ( we may have to put in a late round drat pick with this ) ..

but that would give something for Morgan if we decide not to keep him ( whihc is a very real possiblilty and if they dont think Humes is going to cut mustard i was just wondering what you all thought about that.

Atlanta rejected a 5th rnd draft choice for Duckett... so maybe with a decent receiver that would sweten the deal some ..

ok thoughts ...................i didnt even think of that but it would be a great idea. once morgan is cut he will be snatched up quickly (the pats are salivating). last year we needed and used all 4 running backs so i cant see the steelers just going with 3.

MasterOfPuppets
08-12-2006, 02:30 PM
i didnt even think of that but it would be a great idea. once morgan is cut he will be snatched up quickly (the pats are salivating). last year we needed and used all 4 running backs so i cant see the steelers just going with 3.
then why was staley not dressing when he wasn't hurt?

tony hipchest
08-12-2006, 02:41 PM
then why was staley not dressing when he wasn't hurt?even though he wasnt dressing he was available and on the team. when jerome, willie and verron were healthy, not dressing staley opened an active roster spot for and extra db or someone to play on special teams. why dress someone who doesnt play on st?

when teams play the colts they will usually activate an extra db, whereas when they play the falcons they may activate an extra dl. it is usually situational and varies week to week, which of the 53 actually dress for the game. that doesnt mean all 53 arent important to the roster.

MasterOfPuppets
08-12-2006, 02:47 PM
even though he wasnt dressing he was available and on the team. when jerome, willie and verron were healthy, not dressing staley opened an active roster spot for and extra db or someone to play on special teams. why dress someone who doesnt play on st?

when teams play the colts they will usually activate an extra db, whereas when they play the falcons they may activate an extra dl. it is usually situational and varies week to week, which of the 53 actually dress for the game. that doesnt mean all 53 arent important to the roster.
well i realize that, and thats what i was getting at in my first responce. i don't see them picking up duckett and his contract just to have him or staley modeling sweat suits on the sidelines like he did last year.

tony hipchest
08-12-2006, 02:55 PM
well i realize that, and thats what i was getting at in my first responce. i don't see them picking up duckett and his contract just to have him or staley modeling sweat suits on the sidelines like he did last year.and i dont see a primarilly dominant running team breaking trend and only carrying 3 running backs as part of its 53 man group. just like last year showed, we may need 4. without duce staley on the roster we may lose that game to green bay or the browns and miss the playoffs. like they say, you can never have too many good running backs. who is more important to the steelers a 4th rb who may touch the ball 15- 20 times a game (in a crunch) or a 6th or 7th wr?

nicesteel4life
08-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Please pass the bowl you dont need nomore if you think that senario has a chance of forming. The coaching staff likes our running back situation (to bad more fans didn't have faith).

LambertLunatic
08-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Why would Atlanta trade for him when they can pick him up for free in a few weeks after he's cut?

tony hipchest
08-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Why would Atlanta trade for him when they can pick him up for free in a few weeks after he's cut?because if morgan is cut he will have his choise to go play with tom brady or mike vick or anywhere else he pleases. maybe he likes 'frisco.

Midnightwriter07
08-12-2006, 04:42 PM
I didnt say was gonna happen, i was just curious to what ya ll though .. Is a good chance Morgan could get cut... and we really have no idea about Humes yet ... so was just a thought

19ward86
08-12-2006, 06:46 PM

ok thoughts ...................
i love that idea