PDA

View Full Version : The only Bright spot.

shovelnose
12-09-2012, 04:30 PM
At least the Bungles and Ravens lost. So we didn't lose any ground. To bad we didn't gain any. I'm not throwing the towel in yet. I still think we will hit our stride going into the playoffs. Big Ben was rusty. He will come around. Wallace will catch some balls. He can't be that bad. GO STEELERS! :tt02:

GMU Steeler
12-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Not giving up until we're eliminated. Frustrated, hell yes, but giving up, hell no.

Blacksburg Zach
12-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Not giving up until we're eliminated. Frustrated, hell yes, but giving up, hell no.

Agree 100%. That was an absolutely god-awful performance, but this team is not mathematically eliminated. In fact, they are still the sixth seed. I will not give up on this team's chances until they are eliminated.

GMU Steeler
12-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Agree 100%. That was an absolutely god-awful performance, but this team is not mathematically eliminated. In fact, they are still the sixth seed. I will not give up on this team's chances until they are eliminated.

Yep, and even then I'll be looking forward to spring and the draft. I'm frustrated- pissed even but we still control our own destiny.

AndyWitmyer
12-09-2012, 04:36 PM
I was going to make a post about that...but you beat me to it. So, I'll just post what I wrote as a comment:

Okay, so the Steelers screwed the pooch...but a couple of good things came out this otherwise terrible game. We've learned that Wallace can still catch deep balls, even in the end zone. We've learned that our punting unit has some potential...after booting the longest punt since the 1940's (not that it mattered, mind you) - Suisham's efforts have made him one of our leading scorers, not to mention a reliable kicker. And Ben didn't play a bad game with three TDs and a pick - he was rusty at the start...by the time he'd found his rhythm, it was too late.

BONUS: The Bengals and Ravens lost, so...Pittsburgh's going to hold onto their tenuous 6th seed position. Still...what a let down!

dez09231
12-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Still going to be the 6 as long as we beat cincy and either dallas or cleveland.

fer522
12-09-2012, 04:38 PM
:tt04:Yep, and even then I'll be looking forward to spring and the draft. I'm frustrated- pissed even but we still control our own destiny.

The bad things is we play Dallas and the Browns :banging:

GMU Steeler
12-09-2012, 04:41 PM
:tt04:

The bad things is we play Dallas and the Browns :banging:

Yeah I know. Though honestly, I'm amazed we only lost by six points in that Browns game. I think we still make the playoffs. It will be an ugly sneak in but I think we make it. And then who knows what happens from there. Not saying that the team doesn't have problems but make the playoffs and anything goes.

jb500ex
12-09-2012, 04:43 PM
wallace can catch balls when the game is out of hand but when it was still a game he dropped one. not impressed with a stat padder

Darthslayrr
12-09-2012, 08:18 PM
I don't care about Wallace's game stats when the game didn't matter anymore. I worry about all the drops that occurred that put the team in the hole the tried to climb out of. 112 & 2 TD looks great on paper, but I watched the first half the game

defence
12-09-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't care about Wallace's game stats when the game didn't matter anymore. I worry about all the drops that occurred that put the team in the hole the tried to climb out of. 112 & 2 TD looks great on paper, but I watched the first half the game

You can't sit here and talk about Wallace. They all shit the bed today. EVERYONE!!

Fire Arians
12-09-2012, 08:23 PM
You can't sit here and talk about Wallace. They all shit the bed today. EVERYONE!!

agreed all around weak performance

lardlad
12-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Garbage stats.

lardlad
12-09-2012, 09:30 PM
agreed all around weak performance

Absolutely. Boo the defense for getting spanked for almost 10 minutes to start the second half.

Ben throws a freakin pick from near his own goal line, Brown dropped one. The punting sucked! Brown gets a good return guess what… Back 'em up, dumbass ST penalty that ultimately resulted in a defensive TD. O-line sucked, Ben ran for his life. Again Dwyer takes himself out after two runs.

What was good about this game? Suisham maybe.

Wallace is a sore spot but he didn't lose this game.

Cherinko
12-09-2012, 09:53 PM
If 7 receptions for 112 yards and 2 touchdowns is bad then how are you grading everyone else..? He had drops but so did Antonio who everyone is in love with. "Wallace hold out...wallace bad...wallace bad....bad wallace...baby eater wallace..."

The Steelers, Bengals, and Ravens all lost this week but there is now 1 less week to make up ground, whatever difference that makes.

Drizztbob
12-09-2012, 09:59 PM
Wallace is a perpetual bed shitter when it matters and we need him the most. He is non-clutch. Reminds me of A-Rod for the Yankees, plays great when it doesn't matter, but when the team needs him he swings and misses. I'm done rooting for half assing players. And AB is getting there based off of his play today.

zcoop
12-09-2012, 10:11 PM
If 7 receptions for 112 yards and 2 touchdowns is bad then how are you grading everyone else..? He had drops but so did Antonio who everyone is in love with. "Wallace hold out...wallace bad...wallace bad....bad wallace...baby eater wallace..."

The Steelers, Bengals, and Ravens all lost this week but there is now 1 less week to make up ground, whatever difference that makes.

Shhhhhhhh. Stats only matter for the players that the homers like. Certain Prima Donnas can't do any wrong and get praise for everything even in losses. But old whipping boy Mike can't get his stats anytime.

Don't tell anyone, okay.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Shhhhhhhh. Stats only matter for the players that the homers like. Certain Prima Donnas can't do any wrong and get praise for everything even in losses. But old whipping boy Mike can't get his stats anytime.

Don't tell anyone, okay.

Sanders, Miller, and Burress turned in what I deem to be pretty good performances today. Brown sucked. Wallace sucked. It's just that Wallace has sucked for several games this year, IN ADDITION TO holding out and demanding 'Fitzgerald Money' in the off-season. It's for that reason that he receives more blame.

Darthslayrr
12-09-2012, 11:11 PM
At least it wasn't 58-0 to the Seahawks

CanuckCurtain
12-10-2012, 03:00 AM

started to look that way lol

Blacksburg Zach
12-10-2012, 11:44 AM

Maybe. But in the end, a loss is a loss.

Steelers>NFL
12-10-2012, 11:48 AM

I wished the Steelers could score 58 points! Over two games combined...

torpedoshell31
12-10-2012, 11:55 AM
I still hope we keep Wallace next year because he has such world class speed and there is always the potential to score from anywhere on the field, but he absolutely has to start catching the football on a more consistent basis.
It is totally deflating to the team and to the crowd when he drops wide open TD passes game after game.

Lady Steel
12-10-2012, 12:06 PM
I still hope we keep Wallace next year because he has such world class speed and there is always the potential to score from anywhere on the field, but he absolutely has to start catching the football on a more consistent basis.
It is totally deflating to the team and to the crowd when he drops wide open TD passes game after game.

I agree. Wallace's speed doesn't mean a thing if he can't catch the ball. The fans booed him yesterday, and he deserved it. I was glad they did. He is the single most frustrating player on the team for me, and obviously a lot of other fans, as well.

steeltheone
12-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Garbage stats.

Brown once again did not even have garbage stats. 42 throws by Ben 35 yards by Brown. Clutch!

steelfury02
12-10-2012, 12:47 PM
I will say, I have been a huge supporter of Brown and "we don't need Wallace." Brown just hasn't been able to get any separation as of late.

steeltheone
12-10-2012, 01:11 PM
I will say, I have been a huge supporter of Brown and "we don't need Wallace." Brown just hasn't been able to get any separation as of late.

I'm disappointed too... I expected more.

madtowndrunkard
12-10-2012, 02:13 PM
When you lose 4 games the likes of the: Chargers, Raiders, Browns, and Titans.. I think the problem is deeper then just players not getting it done... IMO this is probably the worst coaching performance I've seen in Pittsburgh in my life time.... sure we've had worse seasons record wise...but we've never been this bad with so much potential. This is a playoff team that is losing to the worst in the NFL..and doing it on a regular basis.

How do you beat Baltimore, Washington, and Cincinati...but can barely get over the Cheifs..and lose to 4 of the worst teams in the league? If you told me that we'd have 4 losses to these teams when the season started...I'd tell you our record must be near the league bottom. The fact that we have beat decent teams only proves my point... this teams leadership has failed miserable. This doesn't happen in pittsburgh...but it is this season.. Tomlin shoulders 90% of the blame for this season. He should get one more year to right the ship...if he doesn't...find a coach who can. We don't need a HOF coach... all we need is someone who doesn't lose games for us.

Terminator
12-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Still think Brown is worth that 40 million?