PDA

View Full Version : Post-Game Discussion

Quackjack
12-09-2012, 03:31 PM
We still hold the 6th seed. Stop fucking whining and move on. We lost. Boo hoo.

Next game please.

Bayz101
12-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Bengals and Ravens BOTH lost today, and the Colts play the Texans TWICE in the next three weeks. If we take care of OUR business the next few weeks, we'll make the playoffs without a worry.

OX1947
12-09-2012, 03:35 PM
As long as we do not play sub .500 teams, we will be OK. So, Cleveland game has me worried.

Bayz101
12-09-2012, 03:38 PM
As long as we do not play sub .500 teams, we will be OK. So, Cleveland game has me worried.

I wish we had the Ravens schedule these next few games. They got the Giants and Broncos. :sofunny:

ZoneBlitzer
12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Bengals and Ravens BOTH lost today, and the Colts play the Texans TWICE in the next three weeks. If we take care of OUR business the next few weeks, we'll make the playoffs without a worry.

With the way we play, we will run the table and win the SB.

Bayz101
12-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Try and keep all rants and raves in a thread. Bitch about things here. Start!

casteeler
12-09-2012, 03:42 PM
I wish it was that simple. On the other side of the Doomsday people are those who think this loss was just a loss, This game isn't about Ben being rusty because he was not too bad. The Recievers cannot come up with the big catches. The offensive line offered Ben poor protection and little time to find Recievers that seemed to drop everything. If it weren't for Rivers inaccuracy the score would have been really ugly. This game wasn't just a loss it was the realization that this team has problems they can't cover up with great performances a certain squad.

harrison'samonster
12-09-2012, 03:43 PM
this team's made me too depressed to complain about anything.

pitt0wns
12-09-2012, 03:44 PM
This team doesn't deserve the playoffs.

How many teams have we lost to this year that are under .500 ?

FYI, the Ravens aren't good, so don't get all excited that we beat them 1 x.

Sad to say but I'm embarrassed to be a Steelers fan today.

SoCalFan
12-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Bear with me! I would rather this lack luster performance and embarrassing loss happen now than in the post season (yes we will) and wake this dam team up! Being the bungles and rats lost today really helps! I really think this team will bounce back next week and win in Dallas!!! Our D needs to be ashamed of itself as does the O-line and running game! We will be fine so all you people hitting the panick button and throwing in the towel, get the fuck out! How long have you been a Steeler fan?!?! Jeeez...:thumbsup:

ChristianKustomz
12-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Finish this phrase in your own words. Start your responses with "You know it's bad when..."

You know it's bad when...

your father kicks you out of his house because you dogged the Ravens for being a second rate team under the Steelers and he can't argue the facts; and gets frustrated and says "get out" "go watch footbal somewhere else"!!!

Yeah. He kicked me out of his house. That's ok though. There's always Buffalo Wild Wings or The Green Turtle. Our family takes football a little too seriously.

PhantomJB93
12-09-2012, 03:47 PM
I get looking on the bright side like this, but I think losing to the Browns should have been enough of an eye opener. If that didn't wake us up I don't know how this will.

SoCalFan
This team doesn't deserve the playoffs.

How many teams have we lost to this year that are under .500 ?

FYI, the Ravens aren't good, so don't get all excited that we beat them 1 x.

Sad to say but I'm embarrassed to be a Steelers fan today.

People like you embarrasse the Steelers!

SteeleReign

Are you happy with just making the playoffs? I doubt it. I'm not, but I see no evidence that makes me confident that we win a playoff game.

GoFor7
12-09-2012, 03:50 PM
No, this was a shitty loss. Got out-smarted by a 4-8 team. The offense looks no better than last year's, and Tomlin looked STUPID.

JewniorGong
If losing to the Titans, Raiders, almost the Chiefs, and the Browns weren't wake-up calls, then I don't see how this one will be.

Will Tomlin ever be held accountable for his teams coming out unbelievably flat week-in and week-out against horrible teams?

SteeleReign
Bear with me! I would rather this lack luster performance and embarrassing loss happen now than in the post season (yes we will) and wake this dam team up! Being the bungles and rats lost today really helps! I really think this team will bounce back next week and win in Dallas!!! Our D needs to be ashamed of itself as does the O-line and running game! We will be fine so all you people hitting the panick button and throwing in the towel, get the fuck out! How long have you been a Steeler fan?!?! Jeeez...:thumbsup:

I've been a Steelers since 1974. Because I've had so much experience, I can easily say that sometimes our team sucks, sometimes they are great, and sometimes they are somewhere in between.

This team is the latter. Doesn't mean we are throwing in the towel or panicking. We simply see the team for what it is.

casteeler
12-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Tomlin would be a good Coordinator, I don't think he is doing an acceptable job as a head coach. Truth is we are a very spoiled bunch of fans,I can't think of many seasons that this team has been bad. It's not all a coaching issue but this team acts like it lacks proper leadership.I'm not calling for Tomlin's head but something needs to change

Blacksburg Zach
12-09-2012, 03:52 PM
I would have thought losing to the Raiders back in week 3 would have been enough of a wake up call.
:noidea:

GoFor7
12-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Try and keep all rants and raves in a thread. Bitch about things here. Start!

LOL! Too late!

So how is this year's offense better than last year's?

ETL
12-09-2012, 03:54 PM
I've been a Steelers since 1974. Because I've had so much experience, I can easily say that sometimes our team sucks, sometimes they are great, and sometimes they are somewhere in between.

This team is the latter. Doesn't mean we are throwing in the towel or panicking. We simply see the team for what it is.

You gave three choices and said the "latter". What is the latter

Bayz101
12-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Merged a few threads with this one.

Quackjack
12-09-2012, 03:56 PM
We will be fine so all you people hitting the panick button and throwing in the towel, get the fuck out! How long have you been a Steeler fan?!?! Jeeez...:thumbsup:

This

defence
12-09-2012, 03:56 PM
this team's made me too depressed to complain about anything.

I here you man. But we can all honestly say it was a complete team effort today. They stunk in every phase today. From coaches to all players. Complete team effort!

GoFor7
12-09-2012, 03:57 PM
This might shine a light on some of the Steelers' problems:

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic

I asked Tomlin how to explain pattern of losses to teams Steelers should have beaten: "I hadn't really thought of it like that."

PATS16N0
12-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Watched the game. Didn't look like the Steelers had anything resembling a, you know, game plan. They came out flat early. At first it looked like two crummy irrelevant teams in one of those types of games nobody on earth cares about. After that they actually started making the Chargers look like something of an explosive and exciting football team, which they aren't. The defense had a chance to make some big plays and instead just didn't.

I think your problem is Tomlin, likable as he is.

SteeleReign
12-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Okay. I'll bite. I ask this question seriously - not trolling. I'd love to hear opinions on this.

What causes a team to lay an egg against lousy teams and play up to the tough ones? I get it in the NBA or baseball. Seasons are long and it's hard to stay on your game for 82-162 games. The best NBA teams, if being honest, will tell you that they couldn't care about the regular season. Just get a top seed in the playoffs and let the season begin.

But, in the NFL, you can't afford to think that way. It seems as though Pitt has an NBA team mindset.

Normally, I would suggest that a young team would play like that. Lack of experience, etc. But, Pitt is a veteran team. Quite a few leftovers from the Superbowls and the 2009 debacle.

Is it coaching? Is it a lack of leaders on the field? There seems to be a systemic issue that allows this team to play like dogs against dogs, and Gods against Gods. Why?

SteeleReign
12-09-2012, 04:01 PM
You gave three choices and said the "latter". What is the latter

The last of the three choices. You know, the "latter."

SoCalFan
12-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Why the fock was my thread moved here? It is a legit discussion! BS!!!!!! Mods sometimes...

ZoneBlitzer
12-09-2012, 04:03 PM
This team lacks leadership. Ben needs to step up and take the reigns.

maddog78
12-09-2012, 04:05 PM

Take care of business like we did against Oak, Tenn, Cle, and SD? Sorry, this team is dead. Even if they back into the playoffs, they're one and done.

Just don't have it this year.

ETL
12-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Take care of business like we did against Oak, Tenn, Cle, and SD? Sorry, this team is dead. Even if they back into the playoffs, they're one and done.

Just don't have it this year.

I would feel the same way as you if Ben was lost for the season and we still made the playoffs but with Ben - we always have a chance

OX1947
12-09-2012, 04:07 PM

Team doesn't lack leadership, it lacks focus every week of everyday on a consistent basis. Dropped passes, holding on long runs, turnovers at the worst times, these things destroy in any game.

AndyWitmyer
12-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Until they're mathematically ruled out, anything can happen. So, personally.. I'm not going to waste my time moping about. But whatever helps you (you, as in, the very cynical) to sleep at night!

SteeleReign
12-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Until they're mathematically ruled out, anything can happen. So, personally.. I'm not going to waste my time moping about. But whatever helps you (you, as in, the very cynical) to sleep at night!

You know what. These discussion threads actually DO help me sleep at night. I live with Ravens fans, so I need an outlet for my frustration and a place to gloat when we win. :thumbsup:

AndyWitmyer
12-09-2012, 04:11 PM
You know what. These discussion threads actually DO help me sleep at night. I live with Ravens fans, so I need an outlet for my frustration and a place to gloat when we win. :thumbsup:

Well, I can see where it might be therapeutic in your situation! :chuckle:

casteeler
12-09-2012, 04:12 PM
I would feel the same way as you if Ben was lost for the season and we still made the playoffs but with Ben - we always have a chance

I would agree with you if this team didn't just get Blown out against a 4-8 team at Home

GoFor7
12-09-2012, 04:14 PM

LOL! Are you serious?

Yinzer Nation in 2012 offseason: "Hand the ball off more! More short passes! Just have Ben manage the game! No more than 20 passes per game!"

Yinzer Nation right now: "WHY DIDN'T BEN DO MORE!?"

I know Pittsburgh hates star QBs, but don't twist things. Most of the negatives that have happened with the Steelers this season have been because of poor coaching and game management from Tomlin.

Steel_Bus_24
12-09-2012, 04:16 PM
They're in the TDKR's Pit right now

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8QhxN0G7MwGHNwDZT9Z3qsaLvyZx39 pH49Ql-ze_6EsaRsb6S

Going to take a hell of a lot of discipline and focus to get to where we want them to go

GoFor7
12-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Team doesn't lack leadership, it lacks focus every week of everyday on a consistent basis. Dropped passes, holding on long runs, turnovers at the worst times, these things destroy in any game.

Ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner right here!

That all falls back on Tomlin.

harrison'samonster
12-09-2012, 04:21 PM
from everything I've ever heard, sloppy playing against bad teams is due to poor preparation and bad team leadership (I think that is a mark against veteran players and coaches). Don't know if it's true or not, just saying.

Quackjack
12-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Y'all've lost your fucking minds...

SoCalFan
12-09-2012, 04:24 PM
from everything I've ever heard, sloppy playing against bad teams is due to poor preparation and bad team leadership (I think that is a mark against veteran players and coaches). Don't know if it's true or not, just saying.

I do agree! You simlpy dont see championship teams in any sport, ALWAYS playing down to the lesser, but simply steam rolling them!!!!!!!!

AgentGold007
12-09-2012, 04:24 PM
I just thought they were way too conservative in the first half. They didn't start to let it rip until the game was pretty much already decided. The best things we can say about this game is that we are still in the same position we were in before the game as far as the playoff picture, and at least Ben got a chance to shake the rust off.

AndyWitmyer
12-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Y'all've lost your fucking minds...

My thoughts exactly.

This thread might have more credibility if this game had just sealed Pittsburgh's fate...but it hasn't. A lot of "elite" teams have struggled this year (with the Steelers struggling more than what most of us are accustomed to) - but, that's the nature of the NFL.

To my pessimists friends here on steelersfever: just try and remember, when things look really bad, try to think about what it must feel like to be a fan of the Browns...and take solace in the fact that you're not! It's all about perspective.

We're still in this. Bitching and moaning is fine, but all of this doom and gloom is still a little premature.

btaylor179
12-09-2012, 04:28 PM
we are no good ......sorry to break the news......o line is still sorry.....we lost to chargers.....we didn;t learn anything from the other sorry ass teams we lost to....if we make the play offs we will lose first game....kick me off the site i dont care ....im just a realist we arent that good

NSMaster56
12-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Three thoughts and a question:

1. Terrible offensive gameplan (aided by a solid D showing by SD). Not enough quick passes to give Ben confidence behind the OL and too many obvious run calls.
2. That said, too many drops by the WR corps. It's getting tiring to keep saying that.
3. The D missed Ike Taylor.

QUESTION: Why does every team decide to play the Steelers like its the Super Bowl? I get that the Steelers are a prestigious franchise, but how and why does their every opponent suddenly find the heart of Rocky Balboa when they face them?

Overall, it was a disgraceful effort vs. a team who's season was over and the mistakes made in this games have to be fixed immediately if the Steelers hope to be serious contenders down the stretch.

WVABE
12-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Someone please tell Tomlin that he's being fired at the end of the season,
maybe we can rally the troops and get a rare victory.

SoCalFan
If you would have told me yesterday we score 24, I would think 24-10, MAYBE! Our D let one get away! Especially against a patchwork O-line...

zcoop
LOL! Are you serious?

Yinzer Nation in 2012 offseason: "Hand the ball off more! More short passes! Just have Ben manage the game! No more than 20 passes per game!"

Yinzer Nation right now: "WHY DIDN'T BEN DO MORE!?"

I know Pittsburgh hates star QBs, but don't twist things. Most of the negatives that have happened with the Steelers this season have been because of poor coaching and game management from Tomlin.

Agree with you on Tomlin but lets add Haley and Lebeau because their areas sucked too. While we're at it don't give Ben a pass, he had a few fuck ups too. Nobody responsible should get a pass when the chips are down.

NSMaster56
12-09-2012, 04:30 PM
from everything I've ever heard, sloppy playing against bad teams is due to poor preparation and bad team leadership (I think that is a mark against veteran players and coaches).

Such would appear to be the case.

Lady Steel
12-09-2012, 04:30 PM
we are no good ......sorry to break the news......o line is still sorry.....we lost to chargers.....we didn;t learn anything from the other sorry ass teams we lost to....if we make the play offs we will lose first game....kick me off the site i dont care ....im just a realist we arent that good

:laughing: You're not going to get kicked off the board for having an opinion. It's all good. :hug:

Fire Arians
12-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Agree with you on Tomlin but lets add Haley and Lebeau because their areas sucked too. While we're at it don't give Ben a pass, he had a few fuck ups too. Nobody responsible should get a pass when the chips are down.

i wouldn't blame much on lebeau/defense, the offense put the D in a bad spot for the entire first half, we were lucky to be down only 10 after the half.

defense held their own, offense, not so much.

Steel Peon
12-09-2012, 04:31 PM
He's certainly not to blame for every bad thing all season, but having Mike Wallace around this year has been more trouble than it was worth. It'll be interesting to see how much better the team does without him next year. And yes, I'm talking about next year, because this season's been over for a while, and we're just going through the motions of wrapping it up.

SoCalFan
12-09-2012, 04:39 PM
i wouldn't blame much on lebeau/defense, the offense put the D in a bad spot for the entire first half, we were lucky to be down only 10 after the half.

34 points, held their own??? Hmmm.....

Fire Arians
12-09-2012, 04:43 PM
34 points, held their own??? Hmmm.....

27 points , 7 of those were from ben's 'lateral' (which I think was a BS call)

keep giving the ball back to the chargers in steelers territory or damn close to it is putting the D in a bad spot all game. hell, we couldn't even make a first down all first half it seemed. defense tired out and no surprise to that

GoFor7
12-09-2012, 04:43 PM

The offense was mostly to blame, but after the first half the defense started to crumble. San Diego's first drive in the second half really deflated - especially when the defense allowed a draw play to convert a 3rd&13. They don't hold as much blame as the offense, but they are certainly not blameless.

zcoop
12-09-2012, 04:44 PM
He's certainly not to blame for every bad thing all season, but having Mike Wallace around this year has been more trouble than it was worth. It'll be interesting to see how much better the team does without him next year. And yes, I'm talking about next year, because this season's been over for a while, and we're just going through the motions of wrapping it up.

Mike actually was one of the few bright spots today but you won't find many who will acknowledge it on this board. You might be wishing you had him back come next year. Be careful what you ask for.

But, let me be clear, Mike Wallace is not responsible for the season we had. Dink and Dunk, Chuck and Duck, West Coast, or whatever it's call these days ain't gonna win many games consistently in today's NFL. The offense has to score points and minimize mistakes, period!

Terminator
12-09-2012, 04:45 PM
27 points , 7 of those were from ben's 'lateral' (which I think was a BS call)

keep giving the ball back to the chargers in steelers territory or damn close to it is putting the D in a bad spot all game. hell, we couldn't even make a first down all first half it seemed. defense tired out and no surprise to that

Bubble screens work about as often as a car motor without a crankshaft.

I really really really do not know why they keep calling those same stupid ass plays.

eafratitpm3
12-09-2012, 04:57 PM
The only thing I can come up with is for this jekyll & hyde team has to be coaching. We as fans are complaining about the same thing every week even when we win. Our complaints are always the same:
1. ST- How many penalties do you have to have before you actually do something about it
2. OL Play- Horrible at best
3. Defense- DBs playing soft coverage, giving up chunks of yards, stupid penalties (PI, offsides)
4. Penalties in General
5. Lackluster play, no emotion on either side of the ball

So what is the coaching staff working on. I have an idea, instead of game planning against the team we are about to play how about game planning against our teams stupid mistakes. I'm no genius but I believe that if we cleaned up our own house we could beat any team in the league.

GoFor7
12-09-2012, 04:58 PM
But, let me be clear, Mike Wallace is not responsible for the season we had. Dink and Dunk, Chuck and Duck, West Coast, or whatever it's call these days ain't gonna win many games consistently in today's NFL. The offense has to score points and minimize mistakes, period!

Actually, it can work if a team has the right personnel. The problem is the Steelers' receiving core is better at going down-field, not dink-and-dunk. If the Steelers want to dink-and-dunk, they need more talented tight-ends that can cause match-up problems in the middle of the field like the Patriots have in Hernandez and Gronkowski. Heath could do that, but who else?

I agree with your last sentence about the offense, but that's not how the Steelers think. They believe (and I know I get crucified when I say it) that possession is more important. Problem is, when you also consider the defense can't force turnovers and special teams is a joke, that's a recipe for NOT scoring. Want more scoring? Gotta make throws downfield. Otherwise don't bitch about the offense being 20th in scoring.

Steel_Bus_24
12-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Bubble screens work about as often as a car motor without a crankshaft.

I really really really do not know why they keep calling those same stupid ass plays.

Bubble Screen's .............

15% of the time, they work Every Time!!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqyEMzJU_oyjK7rwDGwKZqWshiKSou6 DVlJ_CUX0macFAPIBbB

SH-Rock
12-09-2012, 05:02 PM
After Oakland and Tennessee games. "SEASONS OVER". Up till KC "SUPER BOWL BOUND" Till the second Ravens "SEASON OVER. FIRE TOMLIN. CLEAN HOUSE" after the second ravens game "HAHA RATBIRDS, WE CAN WIN THE DIVISION". Now after this game everyone is crying again. All of you are the most fickle mofo's ever. You win games and lose games. We're still in the thick of the playoff race and we control our own destiny. No game is a given, but no game is a for sure loss either.

caseydog
12-09-2012, 05:08 PM
I have been a diehard Steelers fan since 1971. If we can't beat teams like SanDiego, Oakland, Cleveland and Tennessee, we do not belong in the playoffs.

I'm not seeing Steelers football this season. The real Steelers don't lose easy games. The real Steelers take care of business. You have to come into Pittsburgh and EARN a win, which means you better be one badass team.

This whole "we still have a chance" thing just doesn't sit right with this 40 year Steelers fan. The Steelers need to sit this post-season out, have a MAJOR attitude adjustment, and come out next year and be STEELERS -- the team every other team FEARS.

Back in the day, teams really FEARED playing the Steelers. Today, a mediocre team kicked the Steelers' arse, as did the Browns and the Titans. The farking ratbirds are the team to fear in the AFC North right now, which really sucks. It's embarrassing. Yeah, we beat them last week -- we won a battle, but we are losing the war. They are still number one in the AFC North.

The Steelers come to Dallas next week. I live in Dallas. I will be wearing my Jack Lambert Jersey and yelling until I cant talk anymore. I want the Steelers to win every game they play, especially when they play the Cowchips. But, if the Steelers make the playoffs this season, I may need to keep my Jack Lambert jersey in the closet when I cheer on my team. The 2012 Steelers are not a Jack Lambert kind of Steelers team, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I will support my team in every game they play. But, after 40 years as a Steelers fan, I expect more than "just making it" to the playoffs.

Rant off.

CD

SteelCurtain
12-09-2012, 05:11 PM
When are people going to take the blinders off and admit or realize that Tomlin is not that good of a head coach? If this season isn't evident enough then I don't know what is. They are constantly outperformed and out coached by teams with inferior talent. It is obvious that Tomlin coached teams lack discipline (not intentionaly trying to sound like an Arnold qoute), fire, and the fundamentals that teams with this amount of talent should have. Most games it is hard to see any form of a gameplan and he is a horrible gametime decision maker/manager. I am not impressed with the majority of his draft picks as well. He is overrated plain and simple. He has benefitted from Cowher's foundation and having arguably the best defensive coordinator in the game.

Stairway2-7
12-09-2012, 05:12 PM
95% of people on this forum believe Tomlin in a bad coach. I somewhat agree. I think he is a good coach, but all of those penalties are from a undisciplined team. SPECIAL TEAMS :banging:

steelfury02
12-09-2012, 05:19 PM
1. Tomlin isn't the be all, end all on the draft picks. A lot more go into the picks than what Tomlin wants.

2. Tomlin's worst season has been 9-7 so far, who knows - maybe they'll be 8-8 this season or 7-9. People forget that Cowher had 3 awful seasons in a row. The comparisons really need to stop.

3. WHO WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE!? COWHER ISN"T COMING BACK.

4. What did Jason Gildon do? What did Bam Morris do? What did Kordell do? How about Yancy Thigpen, there is a laundry list of talent that are supposedly better than the talent we have now, yet were for the most part, the "almost, but not quite" gang. How many AFC champ games did Cowher go into turtle mode and play not to lose, instead of win? What more do you people want out of a head coach? It's like blaming the president for a bad economy - giving waaaay too much credit both positively and negatively

5. That said, I have been pissed at Tomlin more than I have ever been for some of the risks he has taken in certain situations. But, the guy is trying to instill confidence in his team. Tomlin is responsible for the losses, but not any more than the players are.

casteeler
12-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Tomlin is not a good Head coach but does deserve a spot as a coordinator. He has proved a lack of Head coach qualities such as Good decision making.The Steelers will probably stick with Tomlin for a while and we will be forced to watch bad drafting,questionable personnel choices and worthless speeches by a "Buddy" not a Coach

zcoop
12-09-2012, 05:21 PM
I have been a diehard Steelers fan since 1971. If we can't beat teams like SanDiego, Oakland, Cleveland and Tennessee, we do not belong in the playoffs.

I'm not seeing Steelers football this season. The real Steelers don't lose easy games. The real Steelers take care of business. You have to come into Pittsburgh and EARN a win, which means you better be one badass team.

This whole "we still have a chance" thing just doesn't sit right with this 40 year Steelers fan. The Steelers need to sit this post-season out, have a MAJOR attitude adjustment, and come out next year and be STEELERS -- the team every other team FEARS.

Back in the day, teams really FEARED playing the Steelers. Today, a mediocre team kicked the Steelers' arse, as did the Browns and the Titans. The farking ratbirds are the team to fear in the AFC North right now, which really sucks. It's embarrassing. Yeah, we beat them last week -- we won a battle, but we are losing the war. They are still number one in the AFC North.

The Steelers come to Dallas next week. I live in Dallas. I will be wearing my Jack Lambert Jersey and yelling until I cant talk anymore. I want the Steelers to win every game they play, especially when they play the Cowchips. But, if the Steelers make the playoffs this season, I may need to keep my Jack Lambert jersey in the closet when I cheer on my team. The 2012 Steelers are not a Jack Lambert kind of Steelers team, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I will support my team in every game they play. But, after 40 years as a Steelers fan, I expect more than "just making it" to the playoffs.

Rant off.

CD

This^.

40+ year fan here too my man. I've seen' the team up and down, this is one of those downs. Like, Kenny Rogers says, gotta know when to hold em and know when to fold em'. We gotta fold them after today's performance, get well and come back out next year. It's been like we've had a MASH unit in our locker room this season but shit happens sometimes. Good post man.

ETL
12-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Tomlin is an easy guy to pick on right now ...

StainlessStill
12-09-2012, 05:24 PM
He has benefitted from Cowher's foundation and having arguably the best defensive coordinator in the game.

So let me get this straight. Mike Tomlin took over Bill Cowhers teams, won a Super Bowl, went to another with Cowher's players, but yet, sucks as a coach. So in a nutshell, Tomlin has won with Bill Cowher's players AND loses with Bill Cowher's players, thus, it's all Cowhers fault.

FIRE BILL COWHER! My lord. I hate this shit after losses.

eafratitpm3
Agree 100%, with that being said I need two tickets to the Cowboy game. PM me if you know anyone that has any that aren't going, I'm serious.I have been a diehard Steelers fan since 1971. If we can't beat teams like SanDiego, Oakland, Cleveland and Tennessee, we do not belong in the playoffs.

Rant off.

CD

GoFor7
Tomlin is an easy guy to pick on right now ...

True. Perhaps we should be looking closer at Art Rooney. Some question the real reasons why Tomlin was hired as head coach, and he wanted Haley in as OC.

TRH
Tomlin ain't going anywhere for a long time (unless he would sign elsewhere for some reason)

We need to concentrate on getting in some young blood on the defense, letting some of the old baggage go, focus on NOT getting injured at such a high rate, and we'll be fine.

Steel_Bus_24
12-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Tomlin is a good coach who needs to learn how to instill a consistent Killer Instinct in his teams

This was another game where it looked like they didn't practice One Iota and sat on the couch all week......maybe playing Madden to sub in for real practice

Tomlin is young in terms of coaches, I still think he'll get better but.....

We have the Elite Franchise QB Now.....we can't be squandering seasons to the likes of the raiders Titans and Browns

Our Window is now to get more SBs

SteelCurtain
12-09-2012, 05:30 PM
So let me get this straight. Mike Tomlin took over Bill Cowhers teams, won a Super Bowl, went to another with Cowher's players, but yet, sucks as a coach. So in a nutshell, Tomlin has won with Bill Cowher's players AND loses with Bill Cowher's players, thus, it's all Cowhers fault.

FIRE BILL COWHER! My lord. I hate this shit after losses.

No he won with Cowher's team and is losing and underperforming with his own. I bet you would be hard pressed to find 10 of 53 players that are from the Cowher era.

Bayz101
12-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Come on, t there's like three Tomlin threads, and I've already merged two and deleted one! LOL! Merging to the post game thread. KEEP all this discussion in there, please.

SteelCityMom
12-09-2012, 05:36 PM
1. Tomlin isn't the be all, end all on the draft picks. A lot more go into the picks than what Tomlin wants.

2. Tomlin's worst season has been 9-7 so far, who knows - maybe they'll be 8-8 this season or 7-9. People forget that Cowher had 3 awful seasons in a row. The comparisons really need to stop.

3. WHO WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE!? COWHER ISN"T COMING BACK.

4. What did Jason Gildon do? What did Bam Morris do? What did Kordell do? How about Yancy Thigpen, there is a laundry list of talent that are supposedly better than the talent we have now, yet were for the most part, the "almost, but not quite" gang. How many AFC champ games did Cowher go into turtle mode and play not to lose, instead of win? What more do you people want out of a head coach? It's like blaming the president for a bad economy - giving waaaay too much credit both positively and negatively

5. That said, I have been pissed at Tomlin more than I have ever been for some of the risks he has taken in certain situations. But, the guy is trying to instill confidence in his team. Tomlin is responsible for the losses, but not any more than the players are.

This. I don't think most people who bitch about Tomlin remember the bad years (which were worse years than anything we've ever seen under Tomlin) under Cowher...or even Noll for that matter.

I don't know how this mentality has permeated our fanbase, but it has. You'd think this team had never had a tough loss or a tough season under any other coach before.

It's one thing to criticize, it's another to go balls to the wall crazy over it.

TRH
12-09-2012, 05:37 PM

The big problem i had with the defense today was not only the points allowed - it was the way they were completely manhandled by the SD front line.
We looked like weak, skinny little boys today in comparison. They totally bullied us badly.

GoFor7
12-09-2012, 05:41 PM
The big problem i had with the defense today was not only the points allowed - it was the way they were completely manhandled by the SD front line.
We looked like weak, skinny little boys today in comparison. They totally bullied us badly.

Personally, I'd put more blame on the secondary than the front. LeBeau should have kept the coverage tighter. I hope he didn't play more soft zone because Ike was out.

TRH
12-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Personally, I'd put more blame on the secondary than the front. LeBeau should have kept the coverage tighter. I hope he didn't play more soft zone because Ike was out.

Yeah, that too. We let them have the "out" passes and sidelines all day long and never did adjust. Rivers killed us with it.

TRH
12-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote of the day that pretty much says it all (taken from TheBleacherReport.com)

"the Steelers played the entire game as if it were in a coma..."

Steel_Bus_24
12-09-2012, 05:49 PM
They had one starter, 4 Backups on their O-Line Today....Everybody around here has been looking for another OL unit that has been banged up as ours.....and we finally find one to play against, and our D makes them look like an Impenetrable Fortress

This was as an all round suck fest.....but that probably was my biggest disappoint of the game

I thought even if our O was sloppy with Ben coming back, that at least Silverback would be able to chew on Rivers(Force someTOs) and keep the Steelers from dropping this one

caseydog
12-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Agree 100%, with that being said I need two tickets to the Cowboy game. PM me if you know anyone that has any that aren't going, I'm serious.

I can't afford to go to any game in the Jerry Jones Taj Mahal, so I seriously don't know where to send you.

You can buy tickets to stand in a ten outside the stadium and watch the game on a jumbotron for around sixty bucks, or tailgate in the parking lot for 82 bucks. That does NOT get you into the game. It just allows you to cook your own food in a farking parking lot,

If you do get into the stadium, a pizza will cost you 60 bucks, and a beer will set you back 8 bucks. You can NOT bring in your own beer, unless you want to stuff a few cans up your arse.

Dallas is in a major red state, so if you want to go to a Cowgirls game, bring lots of money. Get a hotel room near the stadium, too, because you have to pay to drive on the highways here, too.

tony hipchest
12-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Tomlin would be a good Coordinator, I don't think he is doing an acceptable job as a head coach. Truth is we are a very spoiled bunch of fans,I can't think of many seasons that this team has been bad. It's not all a coaching issue but this team acts like it lacks proper leadership.I'm not calling for Tomlin's head but something needs to change

the players are spoiled more than the coaches and probably more than the fans.

they have a sense of entitlement that they will kick any scrub teams ass just because they are the big bad steelers with the #1 defense and ben plus all his weapons.

i cant see the coaches coaching any less for the ravens and SB champ giants, than they do for the raiders, browns, ttitans, chargers.

cowher and tomlin are both great coaches, but i think the problem that plagues the team this year is the same that did in 06 and 09- a cocky overconfidence when facing the dregs of the NFL.

the coaches can only do so much to tap into the psyches of the modern millionaire athelete.

zcoop
12-09-2012, 06:34 PM

they have a sense of entitlement that they will kick any scrub teams ass just because they are the big bad steelers with the #1 defense and ben plus all his weapons.

i cant see the coaches coaching any less for the ravens and SB champ giants, than they do for the raiders, browns, ttitans, chargers.

cowher and tomlin are both great coaches, but i think the problem that plagues the team this year is the same that did in 06 and 09- a cocky overconfidence when facing the dregs of the NFL.

the coaches can only do so much to tap into the psyches of the modern millionaire athelete.

I agree with ya Tony but we were also banged up most of the time. Seems like we lost a key player or two every freakin week.

ETL
12-09-2012, 06:40 PM

I wrote a similar thing in another post. I think this team had a big emotional letdown after an emotional victory over the Raven last week and the high of getting Ben back.

I think they were thinking that Ben would do all the work this week and they didn't have to do as much.

Tim Lewis, former steelers defensive coordinator, used to make up fake insulting quotes attributed to the opposing offensive players just to rile up his defense.

It must be hard to get your emotions up week in week out.

Darkstorm05
12-09-2012, 06:50 PM
On a positive note, Burress bringing down that jump ball over the middle was very nice. If we could only reach the red zone, that opens up a lot of potential for Ben.

defence
12-09-2012, 07:05 PM

I'm sure the effort was joint. The front 7 were as equal to the secondary. Horrible. Same goes for the offence. The only highlight of the day for me was watching the bengals lose and of course; the ravens as well. In all seriousness. This team has to get there shit together. They really need to ask themselves; do we want to go and play with the elite boys in the tournament? We control our own destiny; but this team has no identity. And going into our 14th game; I got to say i am worried. Let's give some credit to the chargers. They came to play and looked like a team that were hungry. i dont have any answers; if i did; i'm sure i would have a job with the steelers. But it has come to crunch time and these guys need to look in the mirror and figure out who they are as a team and what they are here to accomplish. Coaches included!

harrison'samonster
12-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Let's give some credit to the chargers. They came to play and looked like a team that were hungry. i dont have any answers; if i did; i'm sure i would have a job with the steelers. But it has come to crunch time and these guys need to look in the mirror and figure out who they are as a team and what they are here to accomplish. Coaches included!

I agree with this completely. Very well put.

SteelBobbleHead
12-09-2012, 07:53 PM

I'm sdtarting to think Mendenhall was right........too many fair weather fans.

desertsteel
12-09-2012, 08:21 PM
At least Ziggy got a "sack" lolz

lardlad
12-09-2012, 08:39 PM
I am not worried about math and how the Steelers can squeak in, but yet again! They lose a game they should win. What is the deal. It's hard to feel good about this team when they totally crap the bed like they did today.

lardlad
12-09-2012, 08:45 PM
I think this is an issue. Chuckles has control of the offense last week. Rarely does it look like Ben is an emotional or psychological leader.

Drizztbob
12-09-2012, 08:49 PM
I don't think it's Ben. I think its the young guys who go into this game with a big head expecting to steam roll teams then are shocked when they have to put the effort in.

SteelBobbleHead
12-09-2012, 09:00 PM
I believe there is credence in the theory about this team lacking leadership. I just believe they are lacking emotional leadership. It is the only way I can explain this team seeming to play flat so often.

LVSteelersfan
12-09-2012, 09:10 PM
People who keep saying Tomlin's players suck and his drafts are horrible are hilarious. I bet you ten to one that more than half the teams out there would be thrilled to have Timmons, Hood, Heyward, Wallace, Brown, Pouncey, DeCastro, Lewis, McClendon, etc. etc. etc. They are top talent who do not play like top talent all of the time. But when they are hitting on all cylinders, they are phenomenal. Today was pathetic, but saying that Cowher (who we watched crap the bed year after year after year) is better than Tomlin and had better players that he drafter are delusional. Cowher was the master at losing games we should have won. How many Super Bowls should we have played in when Cowher was here? A heck of a lot more than we did. Tomlin has been in two in very short order and it has not been all Cowher's players who took us there.