PDA

View Full Version : Ben eyeing down receivers

STEELAMANIA
12-09-2012, 06:43 PM
:doh:

No wonder he keeps holding the ball so long. He never looks for his hot read or his 3rd option because he is trying to force the ball to whoever he wants to throw it to. At least Batch looks both ways........Ben is not playing well. I'd rather have Batch in there.

cubanstogie
12-09-2012, 06:44 PM

No wonder he keeps holding the ball so long. He never looks for his hot read or his 3rd option because he is trying to force the ball to whoever he wants to throw it to. At least Batch looks both ways........Ben is not playing well. I'd rather have Batch in there.

I really hope I missed the sarcasm. If not one of the worst posts ever.

STEELAMANIA
12-09-2012, 06:48 PM
I really hope I missed the sarcasm. If not one of the worst posts ever.

No sarcasm. Ben still hasn't learned to get rid of the ball because he is waiting for the receiver who he is eyeing down to get open.....instead of taking what the defense gives him.

cubanstogie
12-09-2012, 06:54 PM
No sarcasm. Ben still hasn't learned to get rid of the ball because he is waiting for the receiver who he is eyeing down to get open.....instead of taking what the defense gives him.

I will concede he stared down his receiver really early in the game when he threw an out to the left. Its kind of like ripping on a guys shooting percentage for missing 3 pointers when down by 20 in hoops though. The Chargers built big lead and pinned there ears back. Ben was forced to try and make a play. He had no running game or protection.

tony hipchest
12-09-2012, 06:54 PM
:rofl:

"...batch..."

i dont think ben was eyeing down heath millers ass when he got blown up and pushed back into the passing lane in that 2nd half fumble TD.

there are certainly problems with the team, but when ben can play, batch isnt the answer.

im finally starting to buy in that mike wallace has dropping the ball issues. :dang:

STEELAMANIA
12-09-2012, 06:59 PM
:rofl:

"...batch..."

i dont think ben was eyeing down heath millers ass when he got blown up and pushed back into the passing lane in that 2nd half fumble TD.

there are certainly problems with the team, but when ben can play, batch isnt the answer.

im finally starting to buy in that mike wallace has dropping the ball issues. :dang:

That wasn't Heath being pushed back.....that was the rookie tight end...number 81, whatever Paul's name is.....

Fire Arians
12-09-2012, 07:00 PM
That wasn't Heath being pushed back.....that was the rookie tight end...number 81, whatever Paul's name is.....

david paulson, yeah dude was on roller skates on that play

MACH1
12-09-2012, 07:03 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToRIPha_UEyW3byPush5jR9dGgbXa77 nedxnqqhl8KISF60bt9

GoFor7
12-09-2012, 07:09 PM
I would do my typical yinzer impersonation, but the stupidity of this thread speaks for itself...

former RB
12-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Ben needs to throw darts, thats his game. Defenses know that.

Bens problem is that he "Can't" throw a good deep ball. You don't worry about getting beat deep against Ben, so you keep everything in front of you. If you get beat deep, Ben will miss the throw, so............

OX1947
12-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Steelers couldn't protect today which boggles my mind. They gave Batch all day last well, this week was like they decided they didn't want to block.

GoFor7
12-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Now you guys understand where the yinzer impersonations come from? :coffee:

Ben needs to throw darts, thats his game. Defenses know that.

Bens problem is that he "Can't" throw a good deep ball. You don't worry about getting beat deep against Ben, so you keep everything in front of you. If you get beat deep, Ben will miss the throw, so............

ZoneBlitzer
12-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Ben has been eyeing down receivers. I've noticed that change in the latter half of the season. Earlier in the year the O spread the ball around and Ben appeared to cycle through his reads including opting for the check down. Now I see him staring straight down the middle of the field and ignoring the check down and perimeters. Something's going on whether its Ben or the receivers. The O is trailing off in terms of efficiency.

GoFor7
12-09-2012, 07:35 PM
You guys should be more concerned about the WRs dropping balls. Oh I forgot, Pittsburgh has to bash the star QB.

HALEY SHOULD YELL AT BEN!

BENCH BEN!

CUT BEN!

I LIKED IT BETTER IN THE 90's!

:coffee:

former RB
12-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Ben has been eyeing down receivers. I've noticed that change in the latter half of the season. Earlier in the year the O spread the ball around and Ben appeared to cycle through his reads including opting for the check down. Now I see him staring straight down the middle of the field and ignoring the check down and perimeters. Something's going on whether its Ben or the receivers. The O is trailing off in terms of efficiency.

Ben is neither a rhythm passer or deep thrower. He needs time to move around until a guy gets seperation, then he throws a dart.
When you defend Ben, you fill as much ground as you can 20 yards from the LOS.

You only need to cover the 20 yards from the line of scrimmage, so the field shrinks for the defense.

Ben has to hit some deep balls to loosen up the defenses. Stretch the field.

We got speed at WR, and can't take advantage of it.

I'd call more deep slants. One deep slant every set of downs.

JVip
12-09-2012, 07:56 PM
I don't know what the issue is but it seemed like our WRs can't get any seperation.

Ricco Suavez
12-09-2012, 08:02 PM
There is a reason your handle says former. Your analysis of Bens game is completely off. He threw deep balls well enough in Arians offense, especially to Wallace the previous 2 seasons. Trouble is Wallace makes poor adjustments in his routes, unless right on target the struggles to catch. He struggles to catch well thrown balls. I am sorry we cant just Man up and play harder, last I watched this was teams of professional players and just acting tough does not win championships, if it did them the Ravens would have multiple championships.

desertsteel
12-09-2012, 08:10 PM

lol. that's all.

torpedoshell31
12-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Ben hit Wallace perfectly in the hands for what would have been a 90 plus yard TD, but he dropped it. Instead of going up 7-3, we punt and they kick a FG. It was 10 point turn around. I give Wallace credit for having great speed and usually getting open, but his hands are terrible. His pass catching ability is getting down to the Limas Sweed level.

SteelBobbleHead
12-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Steelers couldn't protect today which boggles my mind. They gave Batch all day last well, this week was like they decided they didn't want to block.

The offensive game plan last week prevented the ravens from blitzing. Almost the entire 2nd half last week the raven LB's were dropping into short coverage.
This week the chargers blitzed 2 out of every 3 plays, most of the time right up the gut. Pouncey did not have a good day today. It even affected his snaps for a while.

btaylor179
12-09-2012, 09:37 PM
i thought getting rid of BA we would get rid of the dreaded WR screen......its only worked once years ago.....scratch that play and ben doesn't throw into back of te.....bad play calling.....O LINE SUCKED BADLY

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Why don't we just make permanent threads entitled, "Bench Ben," "Fire Tomlin," and "This Team Sucks?" Then they could be promoted after every loss. It seems that would simplify things a lot.

austinfrench76
12-09-2012, 11:28 PM
I actually started reading this DUMB ASS THREAD! Batch over Ben????? This is silly, Say something else but you lose credibility when you say Batch over Ben. Sorry buddy but this waste.

STEELAMANIA
12-10-2012, 02:10 PM
I actually started reading this DUMB ASS THREAD! Batch over Ben????? This is silly, Say something else but you lose credibility when you say Batch over Ben. Sorry buddy but this waste.

Many have not noticed how Ben is very stubborn and has lobbied since Haley's hiring that he didnt want the offense to change. Now he is trying his best to get the backyard football of Bruce Arians to replace what little Haley has put in.....if we had a new qb at least we would see a real Haley offense in there but too bad Haley sees this as Bens team and Bens offense and tries to be too buddy buddy with him. He is holding on the ball too darn long like he is in Arians offense and will not do what he learned in minicamp or training camp.

TheVet
12-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Ben hit Wallace perfectly in the hands for what would have been a 90 plus yard TD, but he dropped it. Instead of going up 7-3, we punt and they kick a FG. It was 10 point turn around. I give Wallace credit for having great speed and usually getting open, but his hands are terrible. His pass catching ability is getting down to the Limas Sweed level.

I'm frustrated with Wallace's hands too, but in all seriousness, nothing could approach Limas Sweed level.