PDA

View Full Version : boyd

section514
08-12-2006, 05:15 PM
stick a fork in him he's done

BBC
08-12-2006, 05:16 PM
Never thought I'd see the day that a thread is made for a 3rd/4th string quarterback.

nicesteel4life
08-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Never thought I'd see the day that a thread is made for a 3rd/4th string quarterback.
GOOD ONE

19ward86
08-12-2006, 05:48 PM
yeah, he might be cut but he still has 3 more games....maybe

nicesteel4life
08-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Yeah I think Boyd is looking in the window. He shows some ability BUT youu got to put TOUCH on the ball. He doesn't seem to have that ability. Well atleast not today, but maybe he was NERVOUS. Next week shall tell more

Haiku_Dirtt
08-12-2006, 06:08 PM

That will happen when Batch is the 2nd stringer. It seemed like he knew where he wanted to go but just couldn't get it there.

Ambridge
08-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Please tell me you're kidding???????

Boyd looked pretty damn good.
He's got a strong arm along with some decent accuracy. Putting touch on the ball and threading the needle will come with time.

He sure looked a lot more confident with much more field presence than Omar Jacobs.

Sorry, but Jacobs will be the odd man out, you can bank on it.
Not much need for a weak armed, shot-put throwing QB!!

Haiku_Dirtt
08-12-2006, 06:37 PM

He's got a strong arm along with some decent accuracy. Putting touch on the ball and threading the needle will come with time.

He sure looked a lot more confident with much more field presence than Omar Jacobs.

Damn good? I guess that's relative. Omar is a college senior in a pro uniform. The first down pass was a shot put to be sure but he made the play.

Lucky for us Ben and Batch don't have to play so we get the time to see which one they want.

SteelCzar76
08-12-2006, 07:00 PM

In reference to you speaking of a "weak arm",...if that's the case then Ben's is just as weak,.... as he consistently throws short to mid range passes lacking velocity,...as well as underthrown deep balls. (That is unless he's (Ben) rolling to his right throwing across his body). This does'nt mean that he or Omar lack arm strength,...it's a matter over thinking and or comfort. (You understand this if you play or have played football). As far as field presence,......don't you think it's FAR to premature to even comment on that ? Boyd's potential is in no way even close to being comprable to Omar's upside.

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

SteelerMurf
08-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Boyd accurate? 5 TDs to 11 INTs in Europe

In preseason he is 0 TD to 1 INT and another INT called back on a penalty away from the play.

If you want accurate, check Jacobs stats from college.

Midnightwriter07
08-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Well i will throw a lil somethin somethin here.. niether looked very good to me !! lol I am not very comfy with either of them really and i know both are young and i know that we were not running our usualy offense out there .. but both need alot of work!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-12-2006, 07:36 PM
i think boyd looked had his moments, both good and bad, I was not upset with what i say being the first preseason game....Its too early to tell who has an edge on who... Omar Jacobs has to bge the favorite though since his college numbers were so well...

Sharkissle29
08-12-2006, 07:58 PM
boyd is playing the wrong sport, he should play baseball...throws the ball to damn hard

CantStop85
08-12-2006, 10:09 PM
boyd is playing the wrong sport, he should play baseball...throws the ball to damn hard
He did get drafted by an MLB team a couple years ago...I don't know why he chose football...baseball was clearly his fort

tony hipchest
08-12-2006, 10:11 PM
He did get drafted by an MLB team a couple years ago...I don't know why he chose football...baseball was clearly his fort?. we should trade him to the cowboys then. jerry jones loves sucky baseball players at qb.

TheTruestBlackGoldFan
08-12-2006, 10:20 PM

I agree, he throws sidearm and that could be a problem when throwing left. It leaves an unretractable ball out there on the BLINDSIDE for hungry NFL defensemen. Sure he can take off with that 4.5 speed but this is the NFL and that is not what the steelers are about. Boyd can be worked with and taught touch while jacobs can't be taught to throw over arm (or whatever you call it).

BigSteelThrill
08-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Well no wonder you joined in Feb '06.

Because you obviously missed the 2005 Super Bowl season and the aftermath of 3rd string quarterback Tommy Maddox. Welcome to Steeler wagon.

BTW, Boyd looked like poop.

He does have a strong arm. He does run well. He is NOT a quarterback. He's Korky2.

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-12-2006, 11:44 PM

Because you obviously missed the 2005 Super Bowl season and the aftermath of 3rd string quarterback Tommy Maddox. Welcome to Steeler wagon.

He does have a strong arm. He does run well. He is NOT a quarterback. He's Korky2.

At least he is a fan all year not just during the season! Jacobs has the advantage because he's a draft pick.

SteelCzar76
08-12-2006, 11:52 PM

Let's agree to a new Steeler Man Law. Let's never mention Kordell's name again. (By great Zeus,...i still have nightmares of seeing him in a Steeler uniform singlehandedly destroying our Championship hopes at almost every oppotunity he had) It's,....okay,....i think i'm,...okay,...

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

83-Steelers-43
08-13-2006, 05:52 AM
For what it's worth. Poll in the PPG this morning.......

Who had the better game vs. Arizona in the fight for the Steelers' No. 3 quarterback job?

Omar Jacobs
68% (492)

Shane Boyd
32% (233)

Total votes: 725

Cape Cod Steel Head
08-13-2006, 06:05 AM
Would have liked to have seen Omar get more reps. than Boyd. Omar looked better at least he did yesterday.

louisvillecards
08-13-2006, 01:51 PM
what do you expect he went to the university of kentucky watch espn on september third at 8 pm and watch my boy brian brohm own ky once again now thats a legit qb for ya i wish bill would draft some louisville players

Black@Gold Forever32
08-13-2006, 02:27 PM
For what it's worth. Poll in the PPG this morning.......

Who had the better game vs. Arizona in the fight for the Steelers' No. 3 quarterback job?

Omar Jacobs
68% (492)

Shane Boyd
32% (233)

Total votes: 725

I thought Omar played alot better. But Boyd can be taught to put more touch on his throws. I really want Omar to stick though. So I hope he continues to play well.

Stlrs4Life
08-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Well, Jacobs didn't look much better.

CantStop85
08-13-2006, 04:20 PM
what do you expect he went to the university of kentucky watch espn on september third at 8 pm and watch my boy brian brohm own ky once again now thats a legit qb for ya i wish bill would draft some louisville players
A Steelers and Louisville fan? Ew. Which bandwagon did you jump on first? :sofunny:

Brohm has been lackluster in my opinion so far...the real guy to watch on that team is Michael Bush.

louisvillecards
08-15-2006, 02:37 AM
A Steelers and Louisville fan? Ew. Which bandwagon did you jump on first? :sofunny:

Brohm has been lackluster in my opinion so far...the real guy to watch on that team is Michael Bush.
been a fan of both teams for 30 years thats hardly bandwagon and brohm is lackluster ? do you even watch ncaa football ? i forgot your a ky fan why would you watch? a bungles fan on a steeler website are you thinking of jumping on our bandwagon i wouldnt blame you i couldnt watch the bungles fail one more year either if i were you as for brohm here ya go check out www.derbycityduo.com and check his stats i wont argue about bush led the nation in scoring and missed 2 games both will go first round guranteed

CantStop85
08-15-2006, 10:29 AM
been a fan of both teams for 30 years thats hardly bandwagon and brohm is lackluster ? do you even watch ncaa football ? i forgot your a ky fan why would you watch? a bungles fan on a steeler website are you thinking of jumping on our bandwagon i wouldnt blame you i couldnt watch the bungles fail one more year either if i were you as for brohm here ya go check out www.derbycityduo.com and check his stats i wont argue about bush led the nation in scoring and missed 2 games both will go first round guranteed
Don't get me wrong, Brohm put up some good stats, but I expected to see more out of him, being the #1 recruit coming out of Trinity. Lefors was able to lead Louisville to more wins than Brohm.

I'm sorry about labeling you as a bandwagon fan, I just figured you were a guy who jumped on Louisville's bandwagon when they could actually get a win against Kentucky around 2000 or so. I guess a win over UK in football helps to ease the pain of Kentucky owning Louisville every year in basketball, huh? Louisville picks up Pitino and they still can't get that elusive National Championship...I guess Pitino was right when he said "I wish I never would've left Kentucky."

So anyway, living in Kentucky, how'd you end up as a Steelers fan? Just curious.