PDA

View Full Version : Cam Cameron just got fired

jtbsteeler
12-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Bmore is in shambles as well.

Take solace in them not getting a sniff of the SB again this year :tt03::tt03::tt03:

tony hipchest
12-10-2012, 10:42 AM
lol...

ravenfans will rejoice. unfortunately, now OC jim caldwell is probably an upgrade (with a more impressive head coaching resume').

Atlanta Dan
12-10-2012, 10:46 AM
lol...

ravenfans will rejoice. unfortunately, now OC jim caldwell is probably an upgrade (with a more impressive head coaching resume').

Of course that resume was a lot more impressive when he had Peyton as QB (and for all practical purposes as the Colts O-coordinator)

Need to get over to the Baltimore Sun to read about this:chuckle:

ricardisimo
12-10-2012, 10:57 AM
lol...

True, sadly. Still, it's nice watching them eat their own over there.

JewniorGong
12-10-2012, 11:14 AM
We'll miss you here in Pittsburgh :hatsoff:

jtbsteeler
12-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Mid-season firing says "We're desperate!" No Super Bowl for you this season Ravens.

steelfury02
12-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Colon done - even better news! NOT.

SteelersCanada
12-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Shit. I was hoping he'd be around for a long, long time.

Caldwell getting the job seems like kind of a sideways move to me, too. Let's hope his playcalling is all about Flacco throwing!

steelfury02
12-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Shit. I was hoping he'd be around for a long, long time.

Caldwell getting the job seems like kind of a sideways move to me, too. Let's hope his playcalling is all about Flacco throwing!

Well, they can kiss their season goodbye at least. Putting a SB run on Flacco's shoulders? Nope. Sorry. I guess if we are too injured or uninspired to do anything, I'll pull out the "MISERY LOVES COMPANY" Cowher quote. MUAHAHAHAHA.

And, elite defenses will stop "Diddle diddle" butt cold. Game on shoulders of Boldin, Smith, or Pita, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH make me laugh

VA_steeelrs
12-10-2012, 11:48 AM
At least they show some courage to change the coaching line up.

fansince'76
12-10-2012, 11:52 AM

Yeah, because everyone knows what an awesome success rate teams have when they make major coaching changes in the midst of a season.

ZoneBlitzer
12-10-2012, 12:25 PM
This concerns me. Lebeau was doing well against Cameron. Pretty bold move by the Ravens...

whitty hutton
12-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Mid-season firing says "We're desperate!" No Super Bowl for you this season Ravens.

Yes, we are desperate. I and others have been wanting this to happen for a looong time. The Ravens chance of winning the Superbowl haven't gone up because of this, but it sure is a step in the right direction. This offense is too talented to be going 3 and out half the time

CTSxViper
12-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Yes, we are desperate. I and others have been wanting this to happen for a looong time. The Ravens chance of winning the Superbowl haven't gone up because of this, but it sure is a step in the right direction. This offense is too talented to be going 3 and out half the time

Agreed!

CTSxViper
12-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Well, they can kiss their season goodbye at least. Putting a SB run on Flacco's shoulders? Nope. Sorry. I guess if we are too injured or uninspired to do anything, I'll pull out the "MISERY LOVES COMPANY" Cowher quote. MUAHAHAHAHA.

And, elite defenses will stop "Diddle diddle" butt cold. Game on shoulders of Boldin, Smith, or Pita, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH make me laugh

Oh please... Look at your team yesterday. If you had anything to boast about it would be different. At least the Ravens were bold enough to realize they needed a change and made it...

Fire Arians
12-10-2012, 12:42 PM
maybe they can hire bruce arians!

i82much
12-10-2012, 12:48 PM
It is kind of hard for me to wrap my head around how this could be good news to Steelers fans? I mean maybe it upsets us this year, but it's not like we looked like Super Bowl material anyway. I think, on balance, this is more likely to turn out to be an improvement, no?

Fire Arians
12-10-2012, 12:55 PM
It is kind of hard for me to wrap my head around how this could be good news to Steelers fans? I mean maybe it upsets us this year, but it's not like we looked like Super Bowl material anyway. I think, on balance, this is more likely to turn out to be an improvement, no?

it's bad news, prolly won't make a difference now but will help the ravens in the long run. much like us firing bruce arians

fansince'76
12-10-2012, 12:59 PM

Honestly don't really know enough about Caldwell to say, personally. When he coached the Colts, Manning was basically the OC as well as QB and Caldwell was essentially made the fall guy when the Colts purposefully tanked the season last year to get Luck. But if he continues the stubborn practice of inexplicably taking the ball out of Rice's hands and trying to win by having Flacco throw it 40-50+ times, I'd have to say no.

steelfury02
12-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Oh please... Look at your team yesterday. If you had anything to boast about it would be different. At least the Ravens were bold enough to realize they needed a change and made it...

good for you:hug:

teegre
12-10-2012, 02:47 PM

I commend the move. If Bruce Arians had been fired before the play-offs in 2010, the Steelers likely win that SuperBowl.

Bold... and gutsy. I have to give them a thumbs up.

[Now, please, wash the bad taste out of my mouth, after agreeing with a Ravens fan.]

dez09231
12-10-2012, 02:54 PM

Only as long as they realize that Ray Rice needs 25 touches every game, and that Flacco can not and should not be counted on, especially against defenses with complex zone coverage schemes.

If the new guy plays more of a Todd Haley type offense, it'll be an improvement.

Edman
12-10-2012, 03:32 PM
It doesn't matter who they hire for OC as long as they have Flacco at QB.

"Hey Diddle Diddle Ray Rice up the middle" only goes so far.

silver & black
12-10-2012, 03:57 PM
A contending team shit cans their OC with 3 games left, but the Raiders still have Gregg Knapp. :rofl:

torpedoshell31
12-10-2012, 04:43 PM
I remember Jim Caldwell standing on the Colts sidelines as an absolute puppet while Peyton Manning ran the entire offense.

BrandonCarr39
12-10-2012, 04:55 PM
From what I've read, they did so b/c they wanted to make Flacco and everyone else around him happy?

That's not a good excuse to fire a coach - Cameron with his flaws was pretty darn good. Ravens are going to complain about Caldwell more.

Fire Haley
12-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Flacco the choker = coach killer.

Ballsy move by the Ravens, maybe Haley can be next?

Atlanta Dan
12-10-2012, 05:54 PM
maybe they can hire bruce arians!

Some sucker is going to hire BA as a head coach - Arians or Gary Kubiak are the leaders for coach of the year:chuckle:

Ricco Suavez
12-10-2012, 07:25 PM

Reeks of a move made in desperation.

ricardisimo
12-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Yeah, just like what Reid's doing in Philly. Courage. You keep telling yourself that.

This is unlikely to be a good thing for the Steelers. Removing Rice from the game is something only Cameron has been able to do the past two years, so... not good.

Fire Haley
12-11-2012, 05:27 AM
Ravens' firing of Cam Cameron a panic move

No matter how the Ravens spin this one, the firing of offensive coordinator Cam Cameron with just three games left in the regular season smacks of panic.

Panic and desperation. There's no other way to read it.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baltimore-sports-blog/bal-the-ravens-firing-of-offensive-coordinator-cam-cameron-smacks-of-panic-20121210,0,6951443.story

--------------------

Uh oh, scapegoat time, it's all on Flacco now. No more alibi's

GMU Steeler
12-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Good because when they inevitably don't make the SB, their fans won't get to blame Cam. I think Caldwell is just an interim guy though. I think they'll do what we did and hire from outside their organization if they're smart. Seems to me though that this was a different situation than ours with Arians since from what I understand Flacco and Cameron didn't get along and we all know that Arians and Ben did.

Blacksburg Zach
12-11-2012, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=GMU Steeler;1062051]Good because when they inevitably don't make the SB, their fans won't get to blame Cam.

Good thing their fans can always blame the refs. That's one scapegoat that will never go away when the ratbirds inevitably don't win it all. Not only the fans, but Harbitch, Flaccid, and the rest of their players can and will use the refs as a scapegoat when the ratbirds inevitably fail to reach the superbowl once again.

BrandonCarr39
12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Blaming the refs? I dunno, but when the Ravens played my team(Cowboys) in October, they were the ones that were getting all the favorable calls.

Loss was gutwrenching too - just too many mistakes at crucial parts of the game, and poor clock management at the end.

GMU Steeler
12-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Blaming the refs? I dunno, but when the Ravens played my team(Cowboys) in October, they were the ones that were getting all the favorable calls.

Loss was gutwrenching too - just too many mistakes at crucial parts of the game, and poor clock management at the end.

That doesn't stop their fans, players, and coaches. Didn't you guys have both Murray and Jones run for over 100 yards in that game too? I think that game was the first sign to me that the Ravens D wasn't the dominate force it once was.

BrandonCarr39
12-12-2012, 08:38 AM
That doesn't stop their fans, players, and coaches. Didn't you guys have both Murray and Jones run for over 100 yards in that game too? I think that game was the first sign to me that the Ravens D wasn't the dominate force it once was.

When Demarco Murray was out of the lineup for 6 games, Dallas had NO running game(Murray got injured in the Baltimore game). Romo was forced to throw as much as 60 passes per game without Murray.

With that being said, when Murray went down in the Baltimore game, Dallas continued to run the ball very effectively with Jones and Phillip Tanner.(again, neither of whom are effective taking the full load) This says ALOT about the Baltimore D.

GMU Steeler
12-12-2012, 09:26 AM
When Demarco Murray was out of the lineup for 6 games, Dallas had NO running game(Murray got injured in the Baltimore game). Romo was forced to throw as much as 60 passes per game without Murray.

With that being said, when Murray went down in the Baltimore game, Dallas continued to run the ball very effectively with Jones and Phillip Tanner.(again, neither of whom are effective taking the full load) This says ALOT about the Baltimore D.

Yeah the Baltimore D just doesn't instill fear anymore. And it's going to instill even less when Lewis and Reed retire.

Ravens1
12-14-2012, 12:54 PM

Word.

i82much
12-16-2012, 08:31 PM
I don't care who you pull for, it is kind of pathetic watching the Ravens and Steelers engage in a suck-off to see who can shit the bed the least and "win" the AFC North. Neither one of these teams belongs on the field after the wild card round.

SteelCityMom
12-17-2012, 07:25 AM
Too true i82. The AFCN is insanely pathetic this year. I have a feeling the Bengals are going to take it again. Neither team looks like they're up to the task of beating them.