PDA

View Full Version : Beat the Cowboys at all cost

jtbsteeler
12-10-2012, 12:31 PM
I don't give a damn what has to happen this week, they better beat the Cowpukes. Life is miserable after losing to the Cowboys, because we only play them every 4 seasons.

steelfury02
12-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Fudge those fudgin fudgers. F_U_D_G_E. I'm a fudgin thug. Sorry, I realize the thug comments are in the wrong thread lol

Lady Steel
12-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Dallas is awaiting Da Burgh! :tt:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=112&f=1786&t=10948146

Steel_Bus_24
12-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Yep for all intents and purposes the Playoffs have started for the Steelers

I was hoping with a win against the chargers we might have been able to rest some guys in that last game against Clev.....but they went out there an screwed that all up

SoCalFan
12-10-2012, 01:28 PM
NEWS FLASH-This just in, Steelers play down to shitty teams!

I gotta believe they will play well in Dallas, especially the D, im sure they are having a rough week!

LVSteelersfan
12-10-2012, 01:56 PM
NEWS FLASH-This just in, Steelers play down to shitty teams!

I gotta believe they will play well in Dallas, especially the D, im sure they are having a rough week!
That means they will play down to Dallas. Dallas has been a shitty team for over a decade.

SteelBobbleHead
12-10-2012, 02:43 PM
The offense better light it up. Their WR vs the Steeler secondary (minus Ike) is not a favorable matchup.

Terminator
12-10-2012, 02:52 PM
The offense better light it up. Their WR vs the Steeler secondary (minus Ike) is not a favorable matchup.

You mean Bryant and Witten who will take a fat shit all over our backup CB's?

Yeah, we're in for a real treat.

STEELAMANIA
12-10-2012, 03:13 PM
If Ben begins to stare down his receivers like he is in Arians offense and hold on to the ball forever we will lose again......

torpedoshell31
12-10-2012, 06:09 PM
The Cowboys have lost some unbelivable games this year. In the Ravens game, Dez Bryant stood and argued with the official about the placement of the ball while the clock was running out. Instead of running at least one more play, they had to try a long FG which was missed.
Bryant against the Giants makes a great catch in the back of the end zone to win the game, only when he is falling he puts his hand out to break his fall and places his pinky finger a fraction of an inch out of bounds and the TD is overturned. There have been other things this year but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

Ricco Suavez
12-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Beat the Cowboys, SWEEP the NFC East. NFL network"s favorite division and we could and should pull off a rare sweep, Eagles here, Redskins here, Giants on the road, and now the Cowboys at Jerry's place. BTW Eagles game was really the only one we had to pull out, without the blatant home cooking at the Giants we dominated and Redskins were handled pretty easy as well as RGIII. If the team that was peaking during that stretch were we went from 2-3 to 6-3 we CAN beat anybody. Injuries and new offensive game plans got us off to a slow start, NEW multiple injuries sidetracked us, now its a matter of Ben playing like he did 4-5 weeks ago. Have faith Steeler nation.

Fire Haley
12-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Steelers won't win unless Ben leaves his ego at home, the offense stinks when they try to play homerun ball. Quit forcing the ball to Wallace.

And Haley is a complete idiot. Seemed like every running play was with a single RB 8 yds deep in the backfield, even on 4th and inches. Where were the multiple formations, the screens and checkdown passes? You telling me Charlie Batch can win with that plan, but Ben can't?

Huff huff huff - we're the mighty Steelers and we'll just do what we do....huff huff huff - chestbump.

To win the offense needs to get their head out of their asses and go back to ''take what they give you" kinda ball, instead of Ben trying to play hero, throw to Heath fucking Miller for chrissakes!!!

Curtain_of_Steel
12-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Ben?lol I do not think he was the cause of the loss.

Tomlin and Haley blew it, the team in generalblew it. I do not see where its Ben's fault. He didnt force anything, Wallace and Brown choked.Wallaces attitude plain and simple sucks. Going in front of the fans after the first Td in the middle of a blow out? If Tomlin had any balls, both he and Brownshouldve been benched.

There is no discipline on this team, and no accountability. ST penalies continue yet to benching. BS penalties continue yet no discipline.

Im sure tomlin again, took full repsonsibility, again as always thanks Mike. Its comforting to know.

TRH
12-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Steelers won't win unless Ben leaves his ego at home, the offense stinks when they try to play homerun ball. Quit forcing the ball to Wallace.

And Haley is a complete idiot. Seemed like every running play was with a single RB 8 yds deep in the backfield, even on 4th and inches. Where were the multiple formations, the screens and checkdown passes? You telling me Charlie Batch can win with that plan, but Ben can't?

Huff huff huff - we're the mighty Steelers and we'll just do what we do....huff huff huff - chestbump.

To win the offense needs to get their head out of their asses and go back to ''take what they give you" kinda ball, instead of Ben trying to play hero, throw to Heath fucking Miller for chrissakes!!!

Ben's not trying to play hero. If anyone is to blame for what you're saying - its more on Haley's shoulders. You can bet your a** that Haley is calling plenty of plays making Wallace the #1 target. Problem is----Wallace isn't executing at the elite level we'd like him to.
Ben had a number of perfect thows yesterday...right in the hands of Wallace, Sanders, and i think there was another i just can't recall it now. Those 3 catches are made (and should have been), there's another 100 yards to Ben's numbers and probable scores for us too.
Ben was playing as much as a "team guy" as anyone out there yesterday was.

maddog78
12-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Yep for all intents and purposes the Playoffs have started for the Steelers

This game is not really all that important, though I hope the team treats it as such. They could lose this game and win out to take a wildcard.

Obviously, I hope they smoke Dallas, but Dallas is in a playoff fight of their own and they're not going to lie down.

nj1923steelgirl
12-10-2012, 08:12 PM
I dont like Dallas or their fans.....I hope we kick Cowboy ass!

Fire Haley
12-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Ben's not trying to play hero. If anyone is to blame for what you're saying - its more on Haley's shoulders..

I called it before the game started when I told some buddies ...."You watch, the offense will come out thinking they are hot shit now with Ben out to prove he's back, the dink and dunk won't be good enough them, I predict a lot of 3 and outs....that's the only way we lose this game"

Terminator
12-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Wallace isn't executing at the elite level we'd like him to.

Most people don't want to hear this, but we did not give Wallace the contract he wanted. I don't blame him. He has no motivation to perform for Pittsburgh and does not want to risk injury. He will be one of the hottest Free Agents this season.

Bellechick alone said he was very interested in him over the summer.

Fire Haley
12-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Ben?lol I do not think he was the cause of the loss
I didn't say that, but it got your attention

Ben being Ben wasn't enough, was it?

yeah - I blame Haley, he still has the stink of a loser on him from KC, I fear he's cursed

just a year ago........

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/130/files/2012/11/5446544-590x434.jpg?4c1d59

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt has got to be getting a little but hot under the collar as the humiliating losses keep piling up..

ETL
12-10-2012, 10:35 PM
I don't give a damn what has to happen this week, they better beat the Cowpukes. Life is miserable after losing to the Cowboys, because we only play them every 4 seasons.

Technically we can still make the playoffs even if we lose to the Cowboys.

However, the bad taste of such a loss would linger and may infect our chances to win the other games.

GoFor7
12-10-2012, 10:36 PM
I called it before the game started when I told some buddies ...."You watch, the offense will come out thinking they are hot shit now with Ben out to prove he's back, the dink and dunk won't be good enough them, I predict a lot of 3 and outs....that's the only way we lose this game"

While I have been very unimpressed with the offense this year, in all fairness they did try to run the ball against San Diego. The offensive line was god awful.

Fire Haley
12-10-2012, 10:50 PM
While I have been very unimpressed with the offense this year, in all fairness they did try to run the ball against San Diego. The offensive line was god awful.

Maybe they got arrogant and thought they could just "line up and beat them", a trend that keeps showing against all these "weaker" opponents....on both offense and defense.

I keep wanting to get tickets to Dallas, but a loss would really piss me off and I don't want to pay $500 a ticket to sit where I get the same view in other markets for $80.

Fuck Jerry's world, I got the ticket and many DVR's and big screens - you buy the beer and you're all welcome to come watch here.

Blacksburg Zach
12-10-2012, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=Killer;1061861]Maybe they got arrogant and thought they could just "line up and beat them", a trend that keeps showing against all these "weaker" opponents....on both offense and defense.

One would have thought the Steelers would have learned that they can't beat opponents just by showing up after the Raiders game, after the Titans game, after the Browns game, etc... If these multiple losses to bad teams hasn't told them that just showing up won't work, I don't think the Steelers will ever learn this lesson.:noidea:

GoFor7
12-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Maybe they got arrogant and thought they could just "line up and beat them", a trend that keeps showing against all these "weaker" opponents....on both offense and defense.

That's on Tomlin more than anyone else.

As for the Cowboys, it looks like Dez Bryant's season is over. The Steelers catch a huge break there. Without Ike, a guy like that could easily burn the Steelers.

Steel_Bus_24
12-10-2012, 11:09 PM

As for the Cowboys, it looks like Dez Bryant's season is over. The Steelers catch a huge break there. Without Ike, a guy like that could easily burn the Steelers.

the dude is a physical powerhouse for the position...

very Damaryius Thomas esque

Sucks that his season maybe over

Fire Haley
12-10-2012, 11:12 PM
ME: Maybe they got arrogant and thought they could just "line up and beat them", a trend that keeps showing against all these "weaker" opponents....on both offense and defense.

YOU: One would have thought the Steelers would have learned that they can't beat opponents just by showing up after the Raiders game, after the Titans game, after the Browns game, etc...

indeed, a lesson that's not been learned.....

oh right, "they're saving themselves for the playfoffs" >>> yinzer apologists

Steel_Bus_24
12-10-2012, 11:20 PM
[QUOTE=Killer;1061861]Maybe they got arrogant and thought they could just "line up and beat them", a trend that keeps showing against all these "weaker" opponents....on both offense and defense.

One would have thought the Steelers would have learned that they can't beat opponents just by showing up after the Raiders game, after the Titans game, after the Browns game, etc... If these multiple losses to bad teams hasn't told them that just showing up won't work, I don't think the Steelers will ever learn this lesson.:noidea:

The Steelers were like this on Sunday

"Damm why are we getting our asses kicked???.....This isn't fair....When we were preparing for them on Madden this week, we were beating them easily"

GoFor7
12-10-2012, 11:39 PM
oh right, "they're saving themselves for the playfoffs" >>> yinzer apologists

I heard Dan Rooney is asking Obama to classify the Steelers 2pt-conversion plays until the playoffs.

Fire Haley
12-11-2012, 08:40 AM

could be, when the whole team looks like ass it must be something in the locker room....maybe the WR's miss Hines as a coach on the sidelines, young money swagger doesn't win you games, catching the ball does

Fire Haley
12-11-2012, 08:54 AM
I heard Dan Rooney is asking Obama to classify the Steelers 2pt-conversion plays until the playoffs.

that 2 pt conversion thing is so far down my list of complaints from the game it doesn't even register

I'm more concerned with what Keisel said after the game - that they didn't come ready to play

maddog78
12-11-2012, 09:46 AM
that 2 pt conversion thing is so far down my list of complaints from the game it doesn't even register

I'm more concerned with what Keisel said after the game - that they didn't come ready to play

This. It's a pattern now and I don't know how you break it, mainly because I don't know what the source is.

Are the coaches scaling back game plans against perceived weaker opponents, and is this rubbing off on the players, who think "we got this one"?

Or are the coaches preparing the same and the players are not mature enough to realize you need the same effort every week?

If the latter, can the coaches not see this during practice?

tony hipchest
12-11-2012, 11:50 AM
If the latter, can the coaches not see this during practice?with the new cba, the reduced and lighter practices are really nothing more than slightly amped up glorified walk throughs, which may be fine for the finesse teams but hurts teams like the steelers why rely on their physicality.

the reduced practices were predicted to hurt teams like the steelers specifically as early as the preseason last year.

theyve paid in injuries and a lack of focus vs lesser opponents.

at a certain point the players have to be self motivated, and cant rely on the coaches to "fire them up".

Dino 6 Rings
12-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Dallas is in a must win situation, so we have to bring our A game to their house. Luckily, their QB is a known choker and they don't play great at home.

Ben should be Sharp to start the game since he did get a full 4 quarters of play in this past Sunday. So we should come out guns a blazing, slam the ball down their throat, toss the ball around and move the chains, wear out their defense...and OUR Defense better get its fcking head out of its ass and generate some fucking splash plays early on to take the crowd out of it.

Dino 6 Rings
12-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Want to be fired up? Just show the team the entire SB XXX game, over and over again and watch as Neil chokes away the great defensive effort and fanstastic effor of Morris in that game against a 2 time Champion. If watching that disgusting display of choking doesn't fire you up to Beat the Cowboys, then nothing will.

then right before kickoff, show the two Terry wins over Staurbach to remind the team what they are. They are the PITTSBURGH STEELERS. 6 Time Champions. Not some group of schlubs that play down to competition like a-holes.

GoFor7
12-11-2012, 12:07 PM
with the new cba, the reduced and lighter practices are really nothing more than slightly amped up glorified walk throughs, which may be fine for the finesse teams but hurts teams like the steelers why rely on their physicality.

the reduced practices were predicted to hurt teams like the steelers specifically as early as the preseason last year.

theyve paid in injuries and a lack of focus vs lesser opponents.

at a certain point the players have to be self motivated, and cant rely on the coaches to "fire them up".

If that's true, then maybe it's time the Steelers adjust. They certainly have the pieces to be a finesse team.

Fire Haley
12-11-2012, 12:56 PM
This. It's a pattern now and I don't know how you break it, mainly because I don't know what the source is.

It's no mystery

Ditka said it best, "With Ben back they had that game checked off as a win"

steelfury02
12-11-2012, 01:12 PM
It's no mystery

Ditka said it best, "With Ben back they had that game checked off as a win"

this. no desire at all. When they went 3 and out time after time, and then the screen debacle in the end zone - I literally saw NO ONE pissed off. Not even the defense. That doesn't mean they weren't or let people have it behind closed doors. But seriously - no outward expression of emotion?!?!?!?!!

WVABE
12-11-2012, 01:37 PM
this. no desire at all. When they went 3 and out time after time, and then the screen debacle in the end zone - I literally saw NO ONE pissed off. Not even the defense. That doesn't mean they weren't or let people have it behind closed doors. But seriously - no outward expression of emotion?!?!?!?!!I noticed that too, everyone seemed like they just didn't give a damn.
I can't wait for the slaughter thats coming this weekend, I feel good about this one.

FanSince72
12-11-2012, 02:01 PM
The Cowboys are just like us.

When their heads are in the game, they're a formidable team. But if that focus isn't there, they're average at best.

So if it's "Good Ben / "Bad Romo" next week, we should win in a laugher.

But if it's "Bad Ben" / "Good Romo" or even "Bad Ben" / "Bad Romo" , it's anyone's guess.

Fire Haley
12-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Mendy must really be in the doghouse

Jonathan Dwyer to start again for Steelers

Tomlin says that there won't be any changes in the running backs rotation. So Jonathan Dwyer should start again.

http://twitter.com/mikebires/statuses/278550572850872321

Fire Arians
12-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Mendy must really be in the doghouse

Jonathan Dwyer to start again for Steelers

Tomlin says that there won't be any changes in the running backs rotation. So Jonathan Dwyer should start again.

http://twitter.com/mikebires/statuses/278550572850872321

damn, i thought he'd at least give him some reps for a chance to be trade bait in the offseason

Blackout
12-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Well it's not like Mendy is going to produce with a crap O-line. We wasted his potential sadly.

steelfury02
12-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Sorry, I can't remember the last time we blew anyone out, no matter how "great" they played

Kanata-Steeler
12-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Yes, we must beat the Cowboys !!!
If for nuthin' else , but for that SuperBowel XXX (Steelers/Cowboys) loss. :(
It still hurts, even after all these years.
:tt04:

TRH
12-11-2012, 05:47 PM

yep....even though our main nemesis are the Ravens and we hate the Patriots - there's NO feeling like beating the Cowboys. Nothing.

But that said - a loss to them hurts harder than losing to anyone else as well. You think it was ugly on these boards this week - wait until next week if we lose. Then the sky WILL really start to fall around these parts :chuckle:

Terminator
12-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Just saw we might be starting 2 3rd string CB's for the Dallas game. Keeps getting better and better.

steelfury02
12-11-2012, 09:25 PM
yup - but you know what, teams that want it, will find a way to come together, or as Larry Foote puts it, let the doubt creep in instead of kicking it out

ETL
12-11-2012, 10:27 PM
yep....even though our main nemesis are the Ravens and we hate the Patriots - there's NO feeling like beating the Cowboys. Nothing.

But that said - a loss to them hurts harder than losing to anyone else as well. You think it was ugly on these boards this week - wait until next week if we lose. Then the sky WILL really start to fall around these parts :chuckle:

I don't know. I think beating the Pats feels the best and then the Ravens but that's like quibbling between a Ferrari and a Lambergini. I also relish beating the Jets. Beating the Cowboys is a little boring to me. Probably because we beat them the last two times we faced them (Ben as a rookie in Dallas in 2004 and Deshea pick 6 in 2008)

JeromeBetties63
12-11-2012, 10:50 PM

Neil Freaking O'Donnell aaaaaaaaargh!!! :banging:

Fire Haley
12-12-2012, 02:16 AM
remember what I said?

Tomlin obviously felt the need to answer me...

Tomlin doesn’t ‘run away’ from Keisel’s criticism of Steelers

The Steelers weren‘t in a state of readiness before playing the oft-beaten San Diego Chargers, and defensive end Brett Keisel sensed it.

Keisel even warned his teammates beforehand of underestimating a struggling opponent but one with talent. Final score: Chargers 34, Steelers 24.

Mike Tomlin not only didn‘t object to Keisel‘s candidness, he agrees with him.

Tomlin made a surprising admission Tuesday by saying Keisel‘s analysis was correct.

“I don‘t mind a guy speaking the truth as he sees it under any circumstances,” Tomlin said. “I‘m a result-oriented guy, and the result of that performance would lead you to believe that‘s a possibility. So I don‘t run away from that. ... I felt good about our preparation and our overall game-readiness, but our play didn‘t display that. I agree with him.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3113097-85/tomlin-steelers-keisel#axzz2Eorcd4Zu

Booted
12-12-2012, 03:34 AM
Mike Tomlin not only didn‘t object to Keisel‘s candidness, he agrees with him.

Tomlin made a surprising admission Tuesday by saying Keisel‘s analysis was correct.

“I don‘t mind a guy speaking the truth as he sees it under any circumstances,” Tomlin said. “I‘m a result-oriented guy, and the result of that performance would lead you to believe that‘s a possibility. So I don‘t run away from that. ... I felt good about our preparation and our overall game-readiness, but our play didn‘t display that. I agree with him.” Tomlin agrees with player's public criticism. Lord Belichick would have had this player on the next bus to Oakland.

Fire Haley
12-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Tomlin agrees with player's public criticism. Lord Belichick would have had this player on the next bus to Oakland.

Well when one of the last "respected elders" on the team calls the whole team out , does that meam Tomlin's act is getting stale too? Like Cowher's did?

steelfury02
12-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Well when one of the last "respected elders" on the team calls the whole team out , does that meam Tomlin's act is getting stale too? Like Cowher's did?

my opinion is that there is some dead weight with bad attitude, and it is affecting the players confidence in the team's ability as a whole, and in the week's preparation and how that equates to what you put out on the field. Attitude about who you work with and what you're working on is a pretty common issue in a lot of working environments.

I've worked with plenty of people that had contagious attitudes - both for the better and worse. I've seen the guy who didn't have a lot of skills, but had great personality and his hard work overcome everything. I've seen the guy with a ton of skills, but a poor attitude about the work in front of him. Other people fed off of what they saw in the hard worker and the guy with great skills but terrible attitude. The guy with the bad attitude and work ethic wasn't going to be allowed to have any effect on the others and the atmosphere we were trying to build in the workplace. You are allowed to disagree, but you still better work your ass off and keep your mouth shut outside of closed doors. If you thought the truth was for the betterment of the group as a whole, then it is encouraged, ala Keisel.

Bottom line. Get rid of Wallace and Mendenhall.