PDA

View Full Version : Edmund Nelson-KDKA Steeler Broadcast.

Ambridge
08-12-2006, 07:27 PM
I had to suffer through the Cards/Steelers game listening to Bob Pompeani and the Monotone Babblings of Edmund Nelson via The NFL Network.
Actually Bob Pompeani is pretty good but I can't believe Nelson is a color analyst.

Nelson is another example of an ex-player who suddenly knows it all and points out player mistakes but couldn't play at the same level of his commentary.

Sean Salisbury is the perfect example of an announcer who suddenly knows it all as a commentator but was only a marginal player.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-12-2006, 07:30 PM
I had to suffer through the Cards/Steelers game listening to Bob Pompeani and the Monotone Babblings of Edmund Nelson via The NFL Network.
Actually Bob Pompeani is pretty good but I can't believe Nelson is a color analyst.

Nelson is another example of an ex-player who suddenly knows it all and points out player mistakes but couldn't play at the same level of his commentary.

Sean Salisbury is the perfect example of an announcer who suddenly knows it all as a commentator but was only a marginal player.

Concur. What's even worse is that I had to watch Salisbury play college ball. Thank you Carson & Matt.

BlackNGold203
08-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah...Ol' Edmund is a lil rough....LOL

KDKA must get him for minimum wage....:dang:

bratsinmybelly
08-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Right on. Salisbury is puke! I'd rather watch my Grandma knit a sock than watch that guy, peeeeew!:poop:

Lambertfan
08-12-2006, 10:16 PM
He sells insurance.........................

TheTruestBlackGoldFan
08-12-2006, 10:55 PM

Edmund Nelson was one of my "dad's" friends. I don't know why. Ever since I met him I havent liked him. I remember one time he was doing pre-game when we played Cincy at home (2005), and he was entirely convinced that we were going to lose by 2 or 3 td's. What kind of person in pittsburgh, in the coca cola great hall says that the steelers are going to be decimated at home? A bad person. Ever since then i have despised his shitty comentary and his shitty analysis. (please excuse the swearing)

My "dad" used to play and when he died Edmund Nelson, Tunch, and Craig wolfley were at his funeral. Tuncg and Craig were very nice and supportive while edmund was nowere to be found. He is an ass.

*I use quotes because was that man was like a father to me. I am not a biological child of his. I also use "that man" as a means of protection from comments and questions about "his" situations prior to death.

BTW: Sean Salisbury was a carrer backup, he thinks that he can tell you what a QB needs to do when he couldn't do it himself. On NFL live he always says the people in Pittsburgh hate him. So true Sean, so true.

Stlrs4Life
08-13-2006, 11:03 AM
I hear ya. Edmund is terrible. I can't see why they don't have Stan Savaran on there instead.

nicesteel4life
08-13-2006, 02:29 PM
EDMUND is the WORST voice of the Steeler Nation. He played as well for the Steelers as his voice is....LIKE :poop:
I truly cant stomach him