PDA

View Full Version : Name me one team that the Steelers can't beat...

desertsteel
12-10-2012, 04:13 PM
And also name me one team that the Steelers can't lose to lol...

That's the personality of this team. If we get in, there's no telling what can happen.

Edman
12-10-2012, 04:21 PM
On the bright side, the Steelers aren't playing any struggling/bad teams anymore this year.

teegre
12-10-2012, 04:23 PM
On the bright side, the Steelers aren't playing any struggling/bad teams anymore this year.

Exactly!!! When playing good teams, they excel. And, they have two play-off teams (DAL & CINCY are both vying for play-off spots)... and then actual play-off teams. The only loss I "expect" is CLEV.

desertsteel
12-10-2012, 04:30 PM
And the other good news is that there is no dominant team in the NFL this year. The Texans and the Falcons are NOT great teams.

Edman
12-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Exactly!!! When playing good teams, they excel. And, they have two play-off teams (DAL & CINCY are both vying for play-off spots)... and then actual play-off teams. The only loss I "expect" is CLEV.

There's a difference between a problematic team and a bad team. It's the totally awful/struggling teams that the Steelers have a hard time with.

Cleveland doesn't completely suck this year, they're not great, but they're not total shit either. The Steelers will handle them.

Steel_Bus_24
12-10-2012, 04:40 PM
I have serious doubts we could stop Brady or Manning's No Huddle

If we are fortunate enough to get that far.....Ben and the rest of the O will have to step up their game a good bit to keep up

Edman
12-10-2012, 04:43 PM
And the other good news is that there is no dominant team in the NFL this year. The Texans and the Falcons are NOT great teams.

It's especially true in the AFC. Nobody wants to seperate themselves from the pack. NO ONE. 2012 has been a year of Parity in the NFL.

After all the screw ups the Steelers have had, they still have a chance to win the AFC North.

desertsteel
12-10-2012, 04:51 PM
There's a difference between a problematic team and a bad team. It's the totally awful/struggling teams that the Steelers have a hard time with.

Cleveland doesn't completely suck this year, they're not great, but they're not total shit either. The Steelers will handle them.Have you forgotten that they already beat us?

If we are fortunate enough to get that far.....Ben and the rest of the O will have to step up their game a good bit to keep upYeah, Manning scares me the most.

steelerchad
12-10-2012, 04:52 PM
honestly, if we get into the playoffs I would lay almost even odds against any team we played to win.

Since we'll be on the road, the scariest team is probably Denver. Then the Pats, then Texans. I actually think we'd be favored on the road to beat either the Ravens or Colts. None of these teams are dominant.
As for the NFC, everyone keeps saying how much tougher it is, but I'm not so sure.

The Pack. Don't really look unstoppable this year.
The Bears. That D peaked too early. Cutler in the playoffs. LOL.
Giants/Cowboys/Redskins. Nothing to see here.
49ers. Colin Kaepernick won't take this team the distance in his first try.
Falcons. Not quite sure what, but somethings missing here.

None of these teams are without flaw. A one game winner take all against one of these guys is not a monumental task.

Just saying. This season is far from over.

Edman
12-10-2012, 04:54 PM

If we are fortunate enough to get that far.....Ben and the rest of the O will have to step up their game a good bit to keep up

Quick Strike Offense doesn't work so well when the QB's are sitting on the sidelines.

Long-grinding possession offense is the best way to beat a no-huddle offense. The Steelers did it right in Denver, except the Offense couldn't score TD's at the time.

Steel_Bus_24
12-10-2012, 05:01 PM
At the beginning of the season I thought our new Interior OL

Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro

would manhandle their DL and we'd be able to play keep away.......Its going to be really hard to do that now

I think it would probably take a Magical game from Ben and maybe a TP turnover to knock them off up there in those mountains

Fire Arians
12-10-2012, 05:01 PM
good thing dallas got a winning record, or they'd be on the list of teams we can't beat lol

2-4 against sub .500 teams, 5-2 against teams above .500

those 2 wins against sub .500 teams maybe shouldn't even count, since early in the season we were thinking the eagles / jets should be decent

lasvegasguy
12-10-2012, 05:09 PM
I can name 4 this year alone. Raiders, Chargers, Titans and Broncos.

BrandonCarr39
12-10-2012, 05:21 PM
And also name me one team that the Steelers can't lose to lol...

That's the personality of this team. If we get in, there's no telling what can happen.

Honestly, not many of the teams impress me...

Houston - no Brian Cushing could hurt them in the playoffs, even with home field.

New England - still has a suspect D.

Baltimore - Defense doesn't scare anyone anymore, and firing Cam Cameron is a mistake.

Indy - they're still a work in progress.

Cincy - never know which team shows up.

Atlanta - they finally weren't able to dodge a bullet against a subpar team yesterday. Otherwise, their gimmick offense and defense isn't fooling anyone anymore.

Green Bay - they've gotten through injuries before, but in 2010 their O-line was healthy unlike now.

Giants - can't stop the run.

Seattle - playing over their heads, it'll eventually come to an end.

Rams - excellent D, but no O.

Bears - if their D doesn't force TOs, they can't score, period.

Cowboys and Redskins - their injuries continue to pile up.

Personally, SF and Denver are the only complete teams, but that's just me. Otherwise, anyone can be beat in this league.

WVABE
12-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Cleveland will beat us again. This same day we will be Ratbird fans.

FrancoLambert
12-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Denver in Denver.

eafratitpm3
12-10-2012, 05:54 PM
The only team the Steelers can't beat is themselves! They need to stop game planning through the week against their opponents and game plan against themselves.

tanda10506
12-10-2012, 07:22 PM
The Steelers can beat anybody. We beat the Giants in their house, Baltimore in their house with a 3rd string QB, and the Bengals in their house. If you can do that you can beat anybody, especially if it's a home game for us. That said, when I see the team play the way they did yesterday, it's hard to think we can beat anybody. Who's worse then the Chargers this year, the Browns and Raiders? Well we lost to all 3 of them. A veteran team shouldn't have consistency problems and IMO their is a lack of leadership. Seems like it takes playing a division leader to get these guys up for the game. I know in the playoffs that's what we'll be up against every game, but will our players get up for the game three times in a row? This team is to unpredictable to say who we can and cant beat.

If we play like we did yesterday then we can't beat anybody. If we play like we did against BAL and NYG then we can and will beat everybody. The team that would be the hardest to beat in their house during the playoffs this year is New England. The Texans are a great team but I just don't see Schaub taking them to the SB, Flacco isn't going to carry the team to a SB with a new OC and nobody on defense, we'll beat Denver next time around IMO, and we'll beat the Colts wherever we play them. New England added some talent in the draft and free agency and Brady and Bellicheck have done it time and time again and know what to expect, so I see them as being the one we might not get around.

teegre
12-10-2012, 07:36 PM

Cleveland doesn't completely suck this year, they're not great, but they're not total shit either. The Steelers will handle them.

To a degree, I was being "tongue in cheek."

The Browns have a solid group of players. Their O-line is talented, and they have a great RB. Their defense is physical, and was ranked top 5 last year. Their secondary can hit, as well as cover. They lost a lot of their games by a close margin (e.g. that last-second loss to the Cowboys).

Likewise, the Bolts are not as bad as their record might indicate. They have been hindered by their QB. Rivers has been complete shit this year... but then, decided to have his best game of the year against the Steelers. And, as I mentioned before the game, that defense is young & fast (it gets better each week).

BlaZeQuietly
12-10-2012, 07:38 PM
can't beat the chargers

The_Joker
12-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Boo fucking hoo. Tired of all you fucking whiners.

This team can go deep, they've proven it. You don't believe so, get the fuck out.

nj1923steelgirl
12-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Denver worries me....

The_Joker
12-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Denver worries me....

Worries me too, but we can't beat them?!

Blasphemy.

Edman
12-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Have you forgotten that they already beat us?

Minus Ben and the team committing a shitload of turnovers. I don't think the Steelers will turn the ball over eight times again.

Plus, weeks before they used to suck. Now they don't suck. Since Cleveland doesn't suck in a awful sense, we'll beat them.

maddog78
12-11-2012, 09:41 AM
I don't like them on the road in the playoffs, except against Baltimore or Indy. Houston isn't the same as early in the year, but I think their OL would control our front seven and Foster would go off.

Denver without Clark or NE could be ugly.

Steel_Bus_24
12-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Minus Ben and the team committing a shitload of turnovers. I don't think the Steelers will turn the ball over eight times again.

Plus, weeks before they used to suck. Now they don't suck. Since Cleveland doesn't suck in a awful sense, we'll beat them.

NzlG28B-R8Y

Thats what this season is....The Twilight Zone

steeltheone
12-11-2012, 09:48 AM
I don't like them on the road in the playoffs, except against Baltimore or Indy. Houston isn't the same as early in the year, but I think their OL would control our front seven and Foster would go off.

Denver without Clark or NE could be ugly.

Exactly, playing on the road in January, in the playoffs is a whole different level of play.Teams turn it up 5 notches.

I just don't think we are consistent enough to play that way on the road this year. I hope I'm wrong!

steelfury02
12-11-2012, 10:22 AM
If we would have won either of the Browns or Chargers game, and more importantly, if we just didn't take, YET AGAIN, and another injury (and IMO a leadership hit) in Ike and Colon, I'd say this team might be the battle tested type. Colon was really becoming a voice for the offense, and the line in particular (see the Cincy pancake fury)

There is only so many hits a team can take. I don't have all the facts about he Packers run when they had 16 on IR, but I believe going into the post-season, they were at least able to keep the same personnel on the field to gel just enough - much like the Steelers O-line in the XLIII run. The Packers WRs were catching fire towards the end of the season, not having Butterfingers at the worst time. If The WRs can step it up - we have a shot. More of the same will equal an early exit. We can't keep hoping they turn it on in the 2nd half of games, they have to want it all 4 quarters, right out of the gate.

GoFor7
12-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Quick Strike Offense doesn't work so well when the QB's are sitting on the sidelines.

Long-grinding possession offense is the best way to beat a no-huddle offense. The Steelers did it right in Denver, except the Offense couldn't score TD's at the time.

Actually, no it doesn't. How many times did Brady kick the Steelers' asses when the Steelers still owned time of possession? Time to enter into the new NFL.

steelfury02
12-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Actually, no it doesn't. How many times did Brady kick the Steelers' asses when the Steelers still owned time of possession? Time to enter into the new NFL.

So then the question is - are the Steelers as a whole, just that much behind the 8-ball in terms of scoring?

GoFor7
12-11-2012, 11:01 AM
So then the question is - are the Steelers as a whole, just that much behind the 8-ball in terms of scoring?

From what I've seen, yes. They still proceed as if time of possession is the be all end all for winning a game. During the four game win streak earlier in the season, the Steelers were actually having success running the football. One might think "hey great, that sets up play action for the big play," yet they never took full advantage of that. Why? Probably because that would result in a quick score and not take much time off the clock. They need to realize the best way to take pressure off of a defense is to score. When the Steelers have played the possession game, they're just putting more pressure on the defense to win a tight game.

plenewken
12-11-2012, 11:19 AM
honestly, if we get into the playoffs I would lay almost even odds against any team we played to win.

Since we'll be on the road, the scariest team is probably Denver. Then the Pats, then Texans. I actually think we'd be favored on the road to beat either the Ravens or Colts. None of these teams are dominant.
As for the NFC, everyone keeps saying how much tougher it is, but I'm not so sure.

The Pack. Don't really look unstoppable this year.
The Bears. That D peaked too early. Cutler in the playoffs. LOL.
Giants/Cowboys/Redskins. Nothing to see here.
49ers. Colin Kaepernick won't take this team the distance in his first try.
Falcons. Not quite sure what, but somethings missing here.

None of these teams are without flaw. A one game winner take all against one of these guys is not a monumental task.

Just saying. This season is far from over.

If we play Denver now, instead of in Day 1, we get slaughtered.
Good thing we don't play New England now. Let's be honest here.

steelfury02
12-11-2012, 12:00 PM
If we play Denver now, instead of in Day 1, we get slaughtered.
Good thing we don't play New England now. Let's be honest here.

Don't underestimate Denver or NE. Both have enormous swag and "want it." Denver has the confidence of beating us with TEBOW. Now, they have Manning to ratchet up the confidence even more. This press can and will get burned if we don't create pressure on top of that. The defense that showed up against Brady last season, Eli and Flacco this season, is the D that needs to be on the field.

Also - the mother effin offense has to earn their freaking pay for once. Enough of the D carrying the team. We're all hopin there are 11 men to carry us to victory instead of 22.

austinfrench76
12-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Besdies Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland and Kansas City? No one. BUT, the good news??? Not 1 of those teams will be in the playoffs!!!!! We can beat the teams that are going o make the playoffs. We just need to get more consistent. Go Steelers, end the year strong!

FanSince72
12-11-2012, 01:52 PM

Thank God for that!

steelfury02
12-11-2012, 03:03 PM
well yea, and I thought we weren't going to get beat by a lesser opponent, especially at home - but ya know, then this past game happened

they are finding more ways to lose than win right now

desertsteel
12-11-2012, 03:29 PM
they are finding more ways to lose than win right nowNot technically (7-6), but we are getting close!

steelfury02
12-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Not technically (7-6), but we are getting close!

7-6, ok, ok on the technicality. But
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1b4imgbce1qe7o5so1_500.jpg

JeromeBetties63
12-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Honestly, not many of the teams impress me...

Houston - no Brian Cushing could hurt them in the playoffs, even with home field.

New England - still has a suspect D.

Baltimore - Defense doesn't scare anyone anymore, and firing Cam Cameron is a mistake.

Indy - they're still a work in progress.

Cincy - never know which team shows up.

Atlanta - they finally weren't able to dodge a bullet against a subpar team yesterday. Otherwise, their gimmick offense and defense isn't fooling anyone anymore.

Green Bay - they've gotten through injuries before, but in 2010 their O-line was healthy unlike now.

Giants - can't stop the run.

Seattle - playing over their heads, it'll eventually come to an end.

Rams - excellent D, but no O.

Bears - if their D doesn't force TOs, they can't score, period.

Cowboys and Redskins - their injuries continue to pile up.

Personally, SF and Denver are the only complete teams, but that's just me. Otherwise, anyone can be beat in this league.

You are dead wrong about Seattle...they are getting better as the season goes on.

JeromeBetties63
12-11-2012, 04:30 PM
7-6, ok, ok on the technicality. But
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1b4imgbce1qe7o5so1_500.jpg

Technically you said, "right now." Since we are 1-3 in the last four games...technically, you were right.

steelfury02
12-11-2012, 04:43 PM
lol - yea, what you said