PDA

View Full Version : This team has no identity

BlaZeQuietly
12-10-2012, 06:35 PM
A miraculous win over the Ravens ones week
Get Blown out by the Chargers the next

One game Mike Wallace drops 5 passes a couple weeks later he has 2 TDs and 120 something yards, and its the other receivers we've been talking up all year that seem to be slacking.

we bench our starting running back and go with dwyer/redman now were questioning them.

I'm not saying this team CAN'T win a championship I'm just saying I see so much Talent and so much bone headed bullshit on the field. Are these guys on drugs or something?

Fire Arians
12-10-2012, 06:52 PM
oh yeah it has an identity: Jekyll & Hyde

casteeler
12-10-2012, 06:55 PM

:thumbsup:

The_Joker
12-10-2012, 06:59 PM

Good thing Jekyll shows up in the playoffs...

nj1923steelgirl
12-10-2012, 07:02 PM

:thumbsup:

teegre
12-10-2012, 07:03 PM

Nicely played. :wink02:

The_Joker
12-10-2012, 07:07 PM
/thread

Steel_Bus_24
12-10-2012, 07:08 PM
sVI0Olskhqk

Steeler Fans have been going through a lot of that this season.....never know when that stinker game is going to pop out

Rotorhead
12-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Sure we know, against the bottom feeders, so we should be fine the next 2 weeks as both are playoff possibilities, then watch out for the Browns!

Terminator
12-10-2012, 08:51 PM

Like last year?

StainlessStill
12-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Can you fucking believe Tim goddamn Tebow threw for 316 yards against us? Kansas City never led a football game until they came to Pittsburgh. The Browns were kept out of the endzone in whatever the stat was at the time until they played us. Phillip Rivers has been struggling all season, have multiple games with throwing an interception. His coming out party was against us.

It's almost certain that this team doesn't know how to put an entire football game together. Even in our wins, we've had to come back from deficits in the 4th QRT.

BlaZeQuietly
12-10-2012, 09:03 PM
First play of overtime: "and tebow drops back....oh and *enter broncos receivers name here* is wide open down the field, tebow takes his times, winds up and pitches the ball way down the field and it floats directly into the receivers hands, and he burns everyone all the way for a touchdown! Tim Tebow beats the steelers! what an upset!........" *pukes*

Terminator
12-10-2012, 09:09 PM
I'll never forget that day. I wanted to strap a bomb to myself and detonate it.

I consider that the most humiliating loss I've ever dealt with as a Steelers fan, even though it was a close game.

Steel_Bus_24
12-10-2012, 09:12 PM
As Cliche as it is, it all starts up front on both Offense and Defense

Our Pass Rush is pretty freaking awful....QBs aren't having to make any off balanced or uncomfortable throws

If we want any shot at beating Manning or Marsha, they have to start getting to the Qb with 4 more consistently

And on O, there is absolutely no threat of a running game, so they're just teeing off on the QB

Ben is ffffing lethal on the play action, but we can't keep them honest with the run

StainlessStill
12-10-2012, 09:13 PM
First play of overtime: "and tebow drops back....oh and *enter broncos receivers name here* is wide open down the field, tebow takes his times, winds up and pitches the ball way down the field and it floats directly into the receivers hands, and he burns everyone all the way for a touchdown! Tim Tebow beats the steelers! what an upset!........" *pukes*

Here's how that went for me and the moments leading up:

"Alright, atleast we tied it up, show guts and sent this nightmare into O.T! NO WAY Tebow scores a touchdown now. He just said his last prayer. Time for some nacho's before overtime."

1 minute later:

"..stiff arm at the 40! One man to beat! 80 yards! And the Broncos win here in Mile High over the Pittsburgh Steelers!"

1 minute 30 seconds later:

"..great. Nacho's ready to go! What I miss, guys?"

**Looks at television as Denver celebrates.**

"Huh? Oh, okay. Better luck next year." **Kicks hole through television.**

BlaZeQuietly
12-10-2012, 09:21 PM
I seriously think the steelers are contributing to my anxiety disorder

StainlessStill
12-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Same here, Blaze. You should have seen me before Suisham lined up for that FG in Baltimore. I was pleading with my Goddamn life for him to make it, Terrible Towel around my neck, on my knees. I then proceeded to spring up at a vertical leap when he made it that I almost took out every single piece of furniture around me with the thunderous THUD when I landed on the floor.

That's when I admitted I have problems. Sunday, I sat in the crowd and waved my Terrible Towel in an angry twirl as we made it 34-24. I then tipped my hat and left the place in a silent rage when it was all over.

The highs and lows of being a diehard!

Bayz101
12-10-2012, 09:27 PM
I seriously think the steelers are contributing to my anxiety disorder

That's the percoset. :chuckle:

Steel_Bus_24
12-10-2012, 09:28 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view1/1149336/steelers-crush-vy-o.gif

http://gifsoup.com/view5/2628563/steelers-sack-o.gif

remember when we used to hit QBs like this......

I know that was a blitz, but look at the surge up the Middle.....there is absolutely nowhere for VY to go

Blacksburg Zach
12-10-2012, 09:29 PM
I'll never forget that day. I wanted to strap a bomb to myself and detonate it.

I consider that the most humiliating loss I've ever dealt with as a Steelers fan, even though it was a close game.

Definitely the most humiliating loss I've experienced. I got trolled endlessly by fans of every other team, and they kept showing the same highlight of Demaryius Thomas' 80 yard catch and run TD on TV over and over and over again. In spite of Thomas' great play, everyone insists that Tim Tebow singlehandedly beat the Steelers, completely ignoring Thomas' 200 yards on 4 catches. God, being reminded of that game makes me want to puke.:banging:

StainlessStill
12-10-2012, 09:34 PM
Talk about angry? And I mean the verge of committing murder? My first name starts with a "T" and my last name starts with the letters "B" and "O."

A Denver friend of mine called me "T-BO" religiously after that one. Yep, torture.

Fire Haley
12-10-2012, 09:36 PM

ain't that the truth

Blacksburg Zach
12-10-2012, 09:38 PM

Few truer words have been spoken, or typed, or whatever.

Fire Haley
12-10-2012, 09:41 PM
A Denver friend of mine called me "T-BO" religiously after that one. Yep, torture.

nice, I wish I had a friend in Colorado these days

Lady Steel
12-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Talk about angry? And I mean the verge of committing murder? My first name starts with a "T" and my last name starts with the letters "B" and "O."

Oh my. :laughing:

Stairway to 7
12-11-2012, 06:03 AM
I think it does have an identity, capable of beating anyone, but is poorly prepared, poorly coached and flat whenever we're playing a poor team.

That's who we are now, totally inconsistent. Just when you think we're ready to roll we embarrass ourselves @ home against a 4-8 team, and let's mot kid ourselves here, the final score flattered us.

Calling Jon Gruden.

FrancoLambert
12-11-2012, 05:07 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view1/1149336/steelers-crush-vy-o.gif

http://gifsoup.com/view5/2628563/steelers-sack-o.gif

remember when we used to hit QBs like this......

I know that was a blitz, but look at the surge up the Middle.....there is absolutely nowhere for VY to go

I remember that play vividly. He was tackled so hard that I thought for sure a flag was going to drop under the "new" NFL safety guidelines.
If memory serves me right, no penalty was called on that play.

FanSince72
12-11-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm pretty sure they're the Steelers - that's what is says on their helmets, anyway.

Of course that's only on one side so if they're running the other way you really can't tell who they are. (maybe that has something to do with the Jekyll & Hyde thing?)

plenewken
12-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Of course that's only on one side so if they're running the other way you really can't tell who they are. (maybe that has something to do with the Jekyll & Hyde thing?)

I love it. Maybe you have a point here.

jiminpa
12-11-2012, 08:53 PM
You know, it seems to me that the announcers have been saying pretty much that since Cowher left. Seriously, every year under Tomlin I get sick of hearing tv announcers say, "the Steelers are a team struggling to find their identity." After six seasons I think you can safely call that their identity. The defense seems to have an identity. It changes from year to year, but it's usually something along the lines of "suffocating." If they are having a down year they are just dominant. But special teams and the offense are a different story. I guess really, special teams have had an identity for the past six years too, it's called game changingly horrible.